A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
31: The Old and the New

30: Loose Ends

249 7 2
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V:

Several months have passed since that witch incident. Rowena was put to rest with her soul keeping the school standing tall and strong, and Sam re-patched her own soul. Everything has settled down nicely, and since the Grand witches Death, Same pretty much took over. No witches have bothered us for a while, nor do any seem to want to. Of course, there's always those few bad eggs out there that we all need to take care of. After all, there can't be any good without evil. The world must be in perfect balance.

Sometimes we're lucky to come back unscathed, maybe a couple of scratches here and there, very minor injuries, but other than that, we're all pretty well.

Connor and Sam's lives have also gone smoothly. They can both live without fear of being killed and kidnapped, and the students at the DWMA seem to have accepted them with open arms.

They've completed quite a few missions by themselves too, and have earned quite the reputation for themselves. It didn't go too well with Black*Star.

About my love life. I don't have one. I haven't be able to tell Sam my feelings for her. Everyone else has been encouraging me to go ahead and say something, but I end up backing out, too shy to really go ahead. I make excuses about symmetry, how I think something is off in the mansion or in the school. 

I can't get her out of my head, nor do I really want to. I know I have to do something about it, but I can't bring myself to do that. I don't have the courage. Facing off a life threatening foe is easier to handle.

"Hiiii Kiiiid!" Patty giggles as her and Liz approach me on the DWMA balcony. These two have been the most supportive in getting me to open up my feelings to Sam. They haven't succeeded in doing so though. Every time I got to confess to Samantha, I end up choking on my words and tell her that someone else is looking for her. Pathetic, I know, but I get so freaked out. I keep making small scenarios in my head and asking myself questions, like 'What if she doesn't like me back?' or 'Will it ruin our friendship if she says no?'

I know I'm probably being a little scaredy reaper by filling my head full of nonsense. I should have confidence. Unfortunately, I do not. 

"Hello, you two." I sigh staring up at the sky. Patty positions herself to my right while Liz takes the spot vacant on my left.

"How long have you been here?" Liz asks.

"Maybe an hour or two. I'm not sure exactly." I answer. Silence settles upon us and I begin to wonder on Sam and Connor's whereabouts. They've been out for a few days on a mission. I've been waiting for them to get back. 

With a calm breeze ruffling my bangs and the warm evening glow spreading across the horizon, I try and imagine what would happen if Sam was beside me right now. 

"Perfect weather for a first date, don't you recon?" Liz smirks whilst nudging me. Patty agrees with her big sister and I lightly smile.

"Yeah, it is, but I don't think I'll be going on a date anytime soon."

Liz groans and rolls her eyes.

"Come on, Kid! Grow a pair already! She's not going to wait forever."

"We don't even know if she's waiting, if at all." I remark. This earns a growl of frustration from Liz. Patty looks sceptical and sucks on her finger in thought.

"He's right, big sis!" She exclaims after a minute. "What if Samantha doesn't like Kid?"

"Geez Patty. How could she resist! He's a complete hottie."

"Thanks, Liz." I smirk. She rolls her eyes, and protests that she's trying to make me seem irresistible for Sam's sake. Another sigh. Love can't be forced into. 

"You should confess to her today!" Patty squeals.

"Yeah right, she's not even here."

"If Connor's here, than Sam has to be!"

"Connor's here?" I say in surprise.

"Yup! Has been for a few hours. I would have thought you'd have sensed them." Liz tilts her head. I would have thought so to, but I guess they slipped under my radar.

"Well what are you standing around for?!" Liz snaps. "The light is perfectly romantic! Go make her yours already!" Liz begins pushing me away from the view and towards the door. Patty giggles and waves goodbye. I guess I have no choice BUT to find her. One way or another they'd of forced me anyway. Despite what I wanted. Good thing I miss her and want to see her.

But where could she be? I'm picking up a signal... A soul.. Right out front of the DWMA. Okay.

 The girls sure didn't hesitate to mess up my clothes. Ugh. I quickly fix them up and wander down to where I've pinpointed the young witch and weapon.

Strange. I can't quite see them. Maybe this search is better when off of the ground. I summon Beelzebub and step on. Before I lift off the ground, I'm knocked off and the reaper board disappears.

"Hey! What's the big idea?!" I growl standing up and dusting myself off."

"You better watch that tongue of yours before i cut it off."

"S-Sam?" I turn and there she is, standing as smugly as ever, arms crossed and a smirk resting on her face. Connor stood beside her with a wide grin.

She is back. And now that I have proof she is here, I suppose there's something I need to be getting on to tell her, right?

"So, how have you been without Connor and I for a week?" Sam smiles walking towards the building.

"You know it's not the first time you've been away, right?"

"So, you didn't miss us?" Connor teases.

"I never said that." I protest. The two laugh and then they both walk ahead. Okay, here it goes.

"Sam? Could I talk to you for a second?" They both stop walking.  Two pairs of eyes stare at me, and then the blonde smirks and shoves Sam closer towards me before taking his leave in walking around the cobblestone front of the school.

I'm going to assume that Connor already has a faint idea. It's probably obvious with me looking like a ball of anxiety squashed into paranoia. My hands are shaking a little and I try to hold them steady. Come on, i have to keep it together!

"You don't look too good." Sam points out, her lips twitching like she wants to smile. She tries to keep it down though. 

"I'm fine... But uh.." I swallow a lump in my throat and face the ground. "Sam I need to tell you something important."

"What's that?" She asks.

She seems so calm and collected. Her face is as unreadable as ever.
Breath, Kid. Just breath.

It'll be fine as long as I remain calm. It's not the end of the world... But over time, she has become my world, so if thing go wrong and she says no or suddenly hates me, then it will be the end of the world.

Samantha shifts uncomfortably giving the sign that she's getting impatient. How long have I stayed silent? Couple minutes? Crap. Come on! Say anything. Anything!

"Lovely evening, don't you think?"

Okay... Maybe not anything. I could have said something better, way better. Like maybe ask her out on a date, not comment on the lovely evening. Same smiles then faces the city from atop the DWMA steps. She hums in agreement, followed by a nod of approval.  "It certainly is. It's probably the prettiest sky I've ever seen. Of course, I prefer a sky covered in dark clouds with heavy rain falling."

"You really prefer a storm to a sunny day? Aren't you afraid of lightening?"

"Well, yeah I hate lightening, but I love rain. So as long as no flashes come up during the storm, I'm fine! When it rains, I feel so free. It's so refreshing, the cold drops from the sky. It's beautiful."

I smile briefly at her small description. She makes a point, rain can be quite cooling. It's almost relieving to be in rain, like it's washing away stress, similar to a shower. 

"You make a good point." I smile.

"Yeah, but tell me. You didn't really want to talk to me about the weather, did you?"

"Uh... Um... Well..." She struck a nerve and now the anxiety is kicking in! Geez! Sam smiles and pats my head before facing the academy's entrance. Black*Star is wielding Tsubaki in Ninja Blade mode and is walking towards us with a determined glare facing Samantha.

"Sam! I want a rematch! You weren't playing fairly last time!" Black*Star barks. A grin appears on his face. "So this time, I'm going to win. Okay?"

He just thinks he's going to win? Is he serious? What am I talking about, of course he's serious! It's Black*Star after all.  He will stop at nothing to defeat Sam and gain back his title as strongest meister in the school.

Sam smirks and pats my shoulder, silently telling me that we would finish this conversation at a later time. Where she touched instantly heats up, the warm feeling settling over me making my whole body feel light and fluffy.

"Hey, Kid? Later tonight, could you meet me at the graveyard?" She asks.

"The graveyard? Why?" I ask, but she has already begun walking towards the dark assassin, with Connor coming up to her side once again. Connor transforms, and whatever he decides to be is a mystery. He can be anything Sam wants, he's unpredictable. Black*Star surely doesn't stand a chance! He should quit while he still can. then again, I know Black*Star too well. His ego will tell him to keep going. In the end, it's basically suicide going against Sam and Connor. He won't give up though. He won't. 

"Enchanted sword mod, Tsubaki." Black*Star calls with a smug smirk. Dark markings cover around his eyes and the ninja sword disappears into a long sword filled with darkness. Samantha calls for Connor to take the form of a Bokken, which is a wooden sword that looks like a Katana, and usually used for training, which is why it's wood and not steel and neck cutting. This also tells me that Sam intends to toy with Black*Star rather than fight him. Maybe she's doing it for safety purposes, but who really knows what's going on in her head right now. 

Black*Star smirks and rushes forward while Samantha stands in a defensive stance. The assassin jumps with Tsubaki raised high above his head. Before he can slice downwards, Sam lunges forward, slamming the Bokken into Black*Star's chest and dragging him down. Without a second wasted, Black*Star jumps up looking more determined than ever. Still in Enchanted Sword mode, he swings at Samantha who easily blocks the attack with Connor. Sam smirks and Black*Star doesn't like that. His expression changes to one that's aggravated. 

He lashes out at Sam, swinging multiple times, trying to catch the girl off guard, and maybe tire her out. Sam still stands strong and unfazed. Black*Star goes for her legs. She jumps up and slams her two feet into his stomach, pushing Black*Star back and forcing herself to flip over and stand proudly on her feet. 

I'm quite impressed. Then again, you can hardly expect anything less from past battles they have fought in. The two of them can only fight like this because of the trust and connection they have with one another. They fight with confidence, much strength, and faith with one another. Connor is a powerful weapon lending Sam his strength, and Sam is so agile on her feet. Although Black*Star is much the same, he can't compare to Sam. Not that I would say that to Black*Star's face, he'd most likely murder me on the spot. Or at least try.

From what I've seen, Connor and Sam appear to be playing with the assassin, making the whole battle all the more interesting.

"Grrr... ARGH!" Black*Star  lets out a shrill cry of battle and goes for a swipe to the head. Ducked easily by his opponent. He's getting more and more frustrated by the second. He's not even thinking about strategies about this point. he's just lunging and slashing the air, hoping to strike Sam. 

Samantha was the opposite. She's analysing every move Black*Star makes and then countering it with a move of her own. With Black*Star losing his cool, Sam and Connor are at an advantage.

"Why are those two fighting?" Maka asks. She walks over to where I'm standing watching them brawl. The others also wander over to me, observing the clash of swords.

Black*Star goes for a stab. Sam dodges with a spin, then comes up behind him and slams the point of the Bokken into right into the nerve on Black*Stars back. I cringe and make an 'oo' sound as the boy falls with a small yelp, but he gets back up in determination. 

"It was bound to happen sooner or later," Liz comments.

"Yeah, Black*Star's been bragging about how he's going to defeat Connor and Sam." Soul smirks. All eyes were on them.

"Tsubaki! Kusarigama mode!" The blue haired boy calls. Tsubaki obeys, morphing into a chain with small scythes on either end. Sam smirks, then asks Connor in a very polite manner for a single Katana. Just one though. So the playing continues.

"I hope that while you're watching you're coming up with a way to confess to Sam." Liz raises an eyebrow. She stands in front of me blocking the view. My only choice is to peer around her.

"Something like that..." I mumble, more interested in the scene behind her than whatever it is she's talking about.

Black*Star throws one end of the chain scythe. It wraps around Sam trapping her. He smirks, tugging on the chain and pulling Sam over and dragging her across the ground. Sam grunts, but she doesn't seem too fazed by it. She's completely calm. This tells me she's got a trick up her sleeve.

Sam frees one of her arms and grips onto the chain. She pulls on it with force. Black*Star loses his balance and stumbles forward, loosening the chain. Sam doesn't waste any time in striking. She wiggles out of her prison and moves close to Black*Star quickly.

But, before she can touch him, Black*Star retaliates with a blast from his soul wavelength.

"Black*Star big wave!" He shouts, sending the soul energy to her body and making her fly across the concrete. She lands on her back with a loud groan and she flips herself upright again. Only now is she panting from exhaustion.

"Wait, so he's finally going to do it?" Soul questions.

"He supposed to. if anything he'll just wimp out again like he's donw the last eight times."

"Mmmhmm, probably." I agree, still only half paying attention. 

Sam has recovered and she wipes the dirt off of her jeans. With a smirk she grips the Katana with two hands. Tightly as if she's about to lose it. It looks like she's... Pulling it apart? She is! She's splitting Connor into two! 

Once the sword is ripped in half, the split sword begins to mold into two Katana's. She's beginning to take the battle seriously now.

"Soul Resonance..." Connor and Sam say in unison. Wind picks up around them and I can feel her soul expanding to draw in more and more power. Her soul is already compatible to my Father's. To expand it is just overpowered, isn't it?

"Hey, have you been listening?!" Liz scolds me.

"Shhh!" I wave my hand at her to keep quiet. "The good part is starting!"

She rolls her eyes at me and looks at the battle being played before our eyes. Everyone becomes engrossed with the fight. Soul seems to be enjoying every minute of it, almost as much as I am. I can tell Maka is just annoyed at how Black*Star's foolishness will probably influence Soul. 

Samantha points the two swords at the dark assassin and red light beams circle around the blades. Black*Star's not at all worried about it. He's telling Samantha to, and I quote, "Bring it."

I wouldn't be saying that if I were in his shoes. I'd be preparing for the grave.

"Soul, Disabled." Sam says softly. The circular beams enter the swords and make the Katana's glow a bright blood red. They then shoot from the points and pierce through Black*Star's heart.

They boy looks completely fine. Not hurt at all. Still standing in one piece. To be honest, I half expected him to explode into smithereens. I know now that since Black*Star isn't injured, then it wasn't necessarily meant to harm him. It has to have been something else. 

"HAHA!" Black*Star cackles, getting back into his usual attacking stance. He's about to leap forward. "Your attack did nothing! Now Tsubaki, lets go!"

"Right!"

Black*Star pulls an odd looking face and suddenly drops his weapon. "YOU! OW OW! WHY ARE YOU BURNING ME?!" he yells to Tsubaki.

"I'm not!" She insists. He goes to pick her up but struggles greatly in doing that simple task.

"When did you become so heavy?!"

"Are you insulting me?!"

"NO!"

"Their wavelength's have fallen out of sync." I say aloud. 

"She made them not be able to work together?" Soul asks with amazement threaded through his voice.

"That's how it seems. I don't believe it's permanent, but Black*Star is unarmed in a weapon fight. He's at a disadvantage. Samantha has the upper hand now."

This fight could go two ways. Black*Star continues to fight with his bare fists, or they call it off. Knowing the skilled meister's giving up isn't on the agenda.

"I thought we discussed we'd play fairly!" Black*Star scowls. Sam just smiles and leaps forward with the twin swords pointed outwards. She's closing in for a final blow. The rest of us were standing on our tippy-toes, anticipating the fights end. Black*Star begins preparing for a counter attack, but at the speed Samantha is going, I doubt he'll even have time to unleash his move!

As the Katana's reach Black*Star, the boy lashes out an attack. He kicks Sam in the chest, swooping under the blades and knocking the girl to the floor. The boy wastes no time and stands over to the girl with a fist aimed right to her face. Sam drops Connor in the twin swords and now she's just as defenseless as Black*Star. 

I narrow my eyes at him. If that boy harms her in ANY sort of way, then I will enter the playing field.

The assassin smiles and then laughs a heart chuckle, "Looks like I won this round, huh?" He grins and helps Samantha up. The weapons transform to Human again and they all have smiling faces.

"Looks like it." Sam chuckles, She seems rather pleases with herself, and that's when I realise what had happened. They purposely threw the fight. Samantha and Connor pulled up at the last second, giving Black*Star the chance to win. I guess Sam and Connor don't want to deal with Black*Star's complaints. I think anyone can understand that.

Sam and Connor walk towards me, Patty and Liz, while Black*Star brags about his victory to the others. 

"You threw the fight." I say to the pair.

'Well, yeah. Could you imagine if we won? He'd be hounding us for a 'fair' rematch!" Connor laughs. I smile knowing for sure that if they had won, none of us would hear the end of it. Really it's a good thing that they threw it and purposely failed. That way Black*Star can be happy and no one can have any problems.

Sam taps me on the shoulder and I hum at her in question. "Don't forget. Graveyard. Be there around dark." She whispers, the she descends down the cobblestone steps with a skip and her hands behind her back. She seems very happy today. I wonder what she wants me for at a Graveyard of all places. 

What does she need in a place of death?

A/N: Heeeeey guys! So this is the second last chapter. the next one will be the final part of this story! Thank you for reading the book and voting and commenting! I love reading the comments, you guys have so much interesting things to say and I love it!

Each comment brings a smile to mah face :D

One more chapter guys, and 'A Violation To Symmetry' will be OVEEERRR :'(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.2K 791 17
It was just another day in Death City. DWMA was up and about living life to the fullest. Maka's team was yet again assigned a special mission by no o...
836K 28.2K 34
You know the usual. Your running from the past. Taking shelter at the DWMA. Befriending people you really shouldn't. Falling in love with someone you...
5.4K 148 18
A story of a sad shinigami that finds out his true love is dating their weapon. Kid resorts to an extreme measure but finds a sollution, go to his fa...
500 30 14
This story is about my Oc: Natsume Okagari, and her wonderful life in the DWMA and her love for the Symmetrical Freak and the Cool and Calm white hai...