Manan ff : Shining Armour

By rachana_rn

Hey guys ... !!! This is a story about how a betrayed impulsive and an arrogant Manik Malhotra starts to live... More

character sketch
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18(A)
chapter 18(B)
chapter 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
NoTe
Announcement
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39(A)
chapter 39(B)
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45(A)
Chapter 45(B)
chapter 46(A)
Note
chapter 46 (B)
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 53
chapter 54
chapter 55(A)
chapter 55(B)
chapter 55(C)
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58(A)
chapter 58(B)
chapter 59
NoTe
chapter 60
chapter 61(A)
chapter 61(B)
chapter 62
chapter 63
chapter 64(A)
chapter 64(B)
chapter 65(A)
chapter 65(B)
chapter 66(A) - part 1
chapter 66(A) -part 2
NoTe
chapter 66(B)
chapter 66(C)
chapter 67(A)
chapter 67(B)
chapter 68
chapter 69(A)
chapter 69(B)
Nominated
chapter 69(C)
chapter 70(A)
chapter 70(B) - part 1
chapter 70(B)-part 2
About the Story
Private
Epilogue-1
1 Million
Epilogue-2
Epilogue-3
Epilogue-4
Epilogue-5(A)
Epilogue-5(B)
My Little Firecracker
My Story
Good News To You All
@messylilauthor
Update - Thanks to you guys
New Story: My Solace!

chapter 52

39.7K 2.4K 249
By rachana_rn

Guys read each and every line soo that all your confusion will be gone. I have given brief information about why manik isn't ready to open up about his feelings for Nandini in front of everyone.

Nandini pushed manik slightly into her room and locked it.

Manik was shocked would be an understatement. Before he could shout nandinis name, he heard.

"Bhai" surprised voice of mukti.

Manik turned around and only one word escaped from his mouth it's "mukti".

Nandini is sooo dead !!

Manik's pov....

What the hell just happened.

Why am I here ??..

I was starring at mukti and so was she, after few seconds realisation dawn me !!

NANDINI !!!

Damn !! What is wrong with this girl, she's crazy.

"Nandini just open the god damn door" I said turning towards the door gritting my teeth. I soo want to strangle her right now.

"No can do manik" came her jovial reply. This girl is getting on my nerves now.

"Nandini stop all this and open the door" I said banging the door. Only I knew how I was controlling my anger.

"Exactly manik stop all this, this hide and seek game you siblings are good playing at " Nandini gave her answer somewhat seriously. Can't she see I can't stay with mukti in one room without breakdown that's why I've been avoiding her all these months.

"Nandini just open" I said seething in anger.

"NO I won't, stop your games and TALK, do you get me. 'Talk' that's what you guys need to do. Stop running around from the situations, it will get you nowhere. Soo just stop fussing around and clear all your misunderstandings. Mind you, I wont open the door until you patch up and haa one word of advise don't try to escape from balcony in case you get any ideas like that cause it's locked and if you have forgotten you guys don't have your phones with you  now, your stuck with each other for goodness sake soo utilize it. Ba-bye" Nandini all in one go and I'm sure she winked at her last sentence.

Urghhhhh !!!!

"Nandini " I said in anger but didn't get any reply. She went away. What am I going to do now. No manik don't turn, don't look at mukti it will make you weak that's it.

I walked near the couch and sat down without looking at her. This silence god it's soo awkward. I can't handle this tension in air. I was just ruffling my hairs to calm down myself before I get anger and break anything. I didnt want to scare mukti or something. I just sat there holding my head in my hands.

Just then I heard some sobs, I cringed my eyebrows. Is...is mukti ??. Shit what will I do now. I can't see her crying, it makes me weak. All these months I avoided her like plague cause I didn't want to be weak. I know I failed as a brother and nearly got her life in danger. That's why I was punishing myself from staying away from her. That's good for her, she will be safe staying away from me. Now what will I do, how will I handle her. Damn you nandini !

I gulped not knowing what to do, I didnt dare to look at her.

"Bhai" came her meek voice making my knees weak. I soo want to go and hug her, tell her that her rockstar is there for her and will protect her from all the evils. But I was scared what if I fail, what if I turn blind like last time and be the reason to put her life in danger. No, it's good for her to stay away. At least she will be safe. Soo I didnt move or reciprocate to her call.

"Do you hate me soo much that you can't even stay with me in one room" came her voice nearly a whisper. I crunched my nose at her words. What does she mean I hate her. Why the hell will I hate her. She's my doll for christ sake.

I slowly moved my head upwords to look at her, who was standing near balconies glass door. Her eyes were filled with tears which increased my anger on myself. I fail so badly as a brother.

I was searching for words or reasons to avoid her but Nandini is right I'm stuck with mukti now. I didnt know what to say. Avoiding her was soo easy, walking out and acting like I didnt see her was better. I watched her from far and calmed my brotherly sense. Looking at her all safe and fine was enough for me. I don't want another soha to enter my life using her.

"There's nothing like that" my voice came out as a whisper. There was pin drop silence in room except her sobs so maybe she heard it.

We both stayed in silence, neither she spoke nor me. What is there to talk. I can't stay near her and she clearly hates me for putting her life in danger, what else is there to talk.

End of pov ...

Mukti's pov...

I stood there looking at Bhai(brother), who was sitting on couch tapping his feet, out of frustration I guess. Was I such a bad company ??.

Tears started forming in my eyes. Stupid tears can't hold themselves back. I didn't want to cry but looking at Bhai sitting so near to me I just want to run and hug him. Only I know how much I missed him.

I don't know whether I should thank Nandini for this or get angry. No definitely be thankful to her because of her I am with  my brother this close after such a long time. My heartbeat was raising, emotions were building up in me. Having Bhai this close to me, I just want to say sorry to him and beg him to be my rockstar just the way he was before. I was just worried that my equation with him would get worse then now but it will be worth a try. Won't it ??.

Sighing I wiped my tears. Always I used to hesitate but now that I got a chance why should I miss it. I will say whatever comes to my mind and whether to accept my apology or not it's upto him. I don't want to miss this chance, I just needed a push that Nandini gave me. I won't let that go this easily.

End of pov...

Mukti with a bit of hesitation came near manik. Fidgeting with her fingers she tried to compose herself. But she didn't know her every action was making manik sulk. He didn't want to go weak and say sorry to her. He didn't want to get near to her and hurt her just the way he did earlier or he let others hurt her. Muktis ever step was making maniks heartbeat rise to another level. He knew from starting that they just needed a clear talk but he never dared to do that. Now all because of nandini, they are standing in this room.

Even he wanted to be just the way he was with mukti. The rock star whom she was soo proud off. But his fears took control over him. Imagining him being close to mukti and next minute mukti getting hurt or her life being in danger was too much to handle.

He lost contact with his friends just to keep them out of danger. He didn't want someone like soha, use them to enter his life. That is the main reason he doesn't want anyone to know about his interest in Nandini. He doesn't want anyone to know how much Nandini is important to him cause he was worried that someone might use her as well.

All his thoughts were paused when he heard muktis voice.

"I know what all I did was wrong, I ...I am the one responsible for your pain. You were soo hurt because of rishu and on top of that I introduced you to soha who deceived us. But Bhai trust me I..I didn't know about her real intentions. I thought she was genuine, I ..I thought by getting someone in your life you could get over rishu's incident. I just wanted you to be happy Bhai. I know you hate me a lot but please forgive me Bhai ..I ..I'm sorry. I really am" said mukti crying and knelt in front of manik. All the pain she was bearing all this month's came out through her words. 

Manik gave a confused look as he wasn't getting why she was saying all this.

But mukti misinterpreted it, she thought he wasn't ready to forgive her.

"I had abhimanyu to take care of me after rishu's incident but you were all alone. You maintained distance from the family so I thought having someone who loves you unconditionally will get you out of your darkness. But I never knew soha was faking it. If I had a single clue, I wouldn't have let her come near you. I'm tired Bhai looking at rishu who is suffering over there and here you avoid me like I'm some untouchable person. I can't take it anymore. It hurts like hell Bhai. Please forgive me. " mukti's words were filled with soo much of pain that even manik could feel that. He flinched when she called herself  an untouchable person. He never ment to treat her like that.

Now he got to know what mukti thought of him. It was all bloody misunderstanding. He thought she hates him for risking her life. Because of him, soha risked muktis life and he thought mukti was hurt by that. But now he got to know what REALLY mukti thought. Nandini was right, all they needed was a PROPER TALK.

"I ...I thought you hate me" came out maniks voice in a meek tone. He was looking at the floor beside mukti. Didnt dare to face her.

Mukti was taken aback from his statement. What does he mean by that ?. Why would she hate him?? were the questions which clouded muktis mind.

"What made you believe that I hate you ??" Mukti asked looking at him scrutinizing her eyes.

"I ...I " manik was in daze.

"Bhai we have only one chance to get this clear, we are here because of Nandini who is this persistent. If it wasn't her, then we would have spent rest of our life like the way we spent these few months. If...if you ha...hate me and don't want to be near me again ...tell me. I..i won't come in your way ever again" mukti said stammering. only she knew how much it hurts to utter those venom filled words. And maniks heart sank hearing those words. 'Ever again' word rang in his mind often again. If they stayed just the way they were like before for the rest of their life manik wouldn't mind but now listening to those words from her mouth made him weak. Ever was too long to calculate.

"Soha sent those goons behind you and then made a drama of saving you just to gain MY trust. She played with your feelings just to get into MY good terms. Directly and indirectly I'm the reason your life was in danger. Thinking of those goons taking advantage of you on that day if soha's plan back fired makes me seeth in anger. I thought you hate me for putting your life in danger. All because of me your life was baited. " manik confessed of what he thought all these days. He felt like a heavy stone rolling off his chest. He felt way too better putting his thoughts in words.

Mukti was silent or you could say shocked by this confession. She didn't have a single idea about this. Both thought the other one hate them because of their mistakes. Complicated isn't it ??

"I ...I don't know what to say bhai" mukti said in whisper as tears formed in her eyes.

Muktis single tear hurt manik till no end but he always controlled himself not to rush towards her and wipe her tears. He thought her life will be in danger if he gets close to her. His one brother is suffering because of him and he didn't want his sister also to suffer.

"If I stay close to you I feared anyone like soha would enter our life by risking yours. You will be safe only if I stay away from you and that's all I was really thinking . I already damaged my brothers life and if even your life will be in danger because of me, i dont think I will be able to handle that." Manik said closing his each eye with his hands. Stopping the tears from falling.

Mukti sucked a breath hearing this declaration. She never knew her brother was living in soo much of guilt.

"Bhai i would prefer death than living this life with my rockstar avoiding me like I dont even exist." Mukti whispered looking at him with her eyes filled with tears.

Manik uncovered his eyes as those words came out of mukti.

Those words were like the end of his world. These siblings sacrificed their happiness for each other.

"Living this life like this is worst Bhai, not only me all our friends long for you. Your one smile is enough for us Bhai. we would fight with any number of sohas if you are with us. You are our strength Bhai, if you aren't there with us then we are nothing. Druv misses his buddy, aliya misses her best friend, navya misses her Bhai, abhi misses his game partner and I miss my rockstar " mukti said holding maniks hand in her shivering one.

Manik was numb. This was a major blow for him. He just starred at her. That's all he could do.

"You ...you don't hate me" manik asked her in hesitation.

"No I don't Bhai ...you don't hate me ??" Mukti answered confidently and questioned back in hesitation.

"I don't " came maniks whispered but his eyes had a smile on them.

Both felt like a heavy stone of rolled off over their heart.

We ignore people scared of confrontation when we have a problem. But most of the matter gets solved just by talking our heart out, clearing things out rather than stretching the problem like a rubber.

Manik held her by her shoulder and pulled her to him, hugging her as if his life depended on this hug. How much he missed his doll. How much he missed her tantrums. How much he missed her teasing sessions.

Mukti was overwhelmed by this hug. How much she missed his brotherly warmth. How much she missed her over protective brother. How much she missed her Rockstar.

"I'm sorry ...I really am" manik said hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry too Bhai" mukti mumbled amidst her tears.

Outside in living room.

Nandini came out locking her room ignoring maniks threats. She knew manik would kill her for this but it would be worth it. She prayed to her ayyaiappa(God) to help them clear their misunderstandings by keeping their egos aside. She knew mukti is more sensible in this matter and she wouldn't let go of this opportunity. Nevertheless she hoped for the best before placing herself on the sofa and indulging herself in her books as she had tons of work to complete and on top of that she missed 2 days class.

Nearly one and half hour passed, Nandini was soo engrossed in her books and laptop that she forgot, she had locked up the weirdest siblings she had ever known in a room. Her work was disturbed when she heard some noice coming from the front door.

As she raised her head and she saw Cabir, abhimanyu, navya, aliya and druv coming in. She smiled and kept her laptop aside and greeted them.

"What a pleasant surprise guys, you all here??" Nandini said giving side hug to aliya.

"Actually mukti gets emotional a lot after celebrating rishu's birthday, we thought of giving her some lone time with herself soo we came now to cheer her up " navya said sitting on sofa. Even others settled themselves.

"Aww that's soo sweet guys" Nandini chirped and sat back in her place.

"By the way where is mukti??" Abhi asked. Eagerness was clearly visible.

"Patience lover boy, she is in my room" Nandini said.

Everyone felt weird but let that go.

"I think even manik is at home, let me go on meet him"Cabir said getting up.

"Nahh!! Even he is in my room" Nandini said flipping her hairs In cool attitude.

"WHAT" this word boomed in Malhotra mansion. All were looking at Nandini as if she has grown two horns on her head.

"Calm down guys" Nandini said rolling her eyes.

"Manik and mukti are in your room, I.. I just don't get a thing" aliya asked in confusion.

"Wait ..let me explain" Nandini said and started explaining what all she did nearly 2 hours ago, she told them every detail feeling proud about her work.

"Nandini have you lost your mind ?? What if manik say things which would hurt mukti" abhi snapped at Nandini. He was truly concerned about mukti.

"Abhi calm down everything will be fine" Nandini understood his anxiety.

"Nandini you don't get it, mukti is emotionally drained out now and I don't want her getting hurt anymore" abhimanyu said pressing her nose bridge to calm himself.

"Abhi they need this, I dont know whether they both will come out happily hugging each other or the same way they were before but I'm sure they will clear their misunderstandings atleast" Nandini explained calmly.

"She's right" druv agreed with nandini.

"Yeah but it's been quite long, don't you think we need to check" Cabir said.

"Riiight" Nandini said grabbing the keys while others followed her.

Nandini first kept her ears near the door to listen what they are talking but didn't hear anything. She cringed her eyebrows and slowly kept the keys in and turned it to unlock. Everyone was curious to know what might be happening inside.

Nandini opened the door slowly and peeped in with only her head inside the room. Followed by cabir who kept his head above nandinis. And then abhi who kept his head above Cabirs followed by druv who kept his head below nandinis, then aliya below druv's, then at last navya.

Order of heads peeping in were..
Abhi
Cabir
Nandini
Druv
Aliya
Navya.

Looking at the sight in front of them their jaw hit the floor. Their eyes were left wide open looking at manik and mukti who were hugging each other with a sweet smile on their lips. 

Looking at them navya who was bending low fell down due to shock which made manik and mukti break their hug.

All straightened themselves, even navya stood up. Manik and mukti were shocked looking at everyone.

"Is this really happening?? Or am I day dreaming" Cabir said entering the room first and extended his hand to aliya to pinch him. Taking the chance aliya pinched him to hard.

"Ahhhh !! Women take it easy on me" Cabir said rubbing his arm.

"Shut up" aliya said walking towards mukti who was smiling whole heartedly.

"Soo everything is sorted" aliya asked eyeing suspiciously at manik. Manik hung his head low not knowing how to react.

"Mukti your fine right" abhi came forward and took mukti into side hug.

"Never felt better" mukti said with a smile.

"Ahh atlast !! I seriously can't believe I got to see this day in this birth itself" Cabir said with his words filled with sarcasm.

"I agree" navya said standing near aliya.

Nandini was still standing near the door and studying maniks and muktis expressions to see whether they were happy or still they were in pain. But looking at pure happiness in their eyes her heart swelled up with warmth.

"Guys Bhai was distinct all this while cause he didn't want someone to enter his life by hurting or using us" mukti said everyone.

Everyone's eye's became moist. They knew how their friend was but didn't understand about his odd behaviour now that they know the reason they would do anything to get their friend back.

"Buddy we are bestiies since we recognized ourselves, we would go to any extinct to keep each other safe and for each other happiness but our happiness lies in you, you are the main pillar of our group. If you aren't present then our group is nothing" druv said in sad voice which screamed and told how much he missed his buddy.

Manik wanted to run away as they were making him feel guilty even though they never intended.

"I'm sorry" that's all manik could say.

"Guys yar stop being soo emotional, let's have a group hug come on" saying this Cabir dragged everyone into group hug. Even manik gave in happily.
Nandini was looking at them with tears in her eyes. All their friendship reminded her of naira,aju and pulkit. But fate has played its role.

All broke the hug...

"That means my best friend is back" aliya asked hesitatingly standing beside manik.

Manik twitched his lips as if he didnt know. Aliya made a bad face crunching her nose. Chuckling manik pulled her into a side hug to which aliya gave in hitting his chest for acting soo distinct all this long.

Soon cursing manik even navya and abhi hugged him. Maniks emotions biled up in his throat. He missed their love soo badly. Now he felt like he could do anything literally any Damn thing to keep them safe and happy.

"Ohh shit guys we are forgetting who made this possible" Cabir said pointing at Nandini.

All of their attention turned to Nandini. Mukti came near Nandini and took her into bone crushing hug. .

"Nandu Nandu Nandu !! Thank you thank you soooo much. Loveeeeee youuuuu soooo much yar" mukti said while hugging Nandini tightly.

"Mukti I can't breathe" Nandini said in meek voice as it was really hard for her to breath.

"Sorry"muttering mukti broke the hug.

"I'm just glad you are happy and I'm happy to see this genuine smile on your face" Nandini said smiling.

" you know if you were a boy then I would have kissed you by now" mukti said teasingly.

"Ewwwwww yar mukti " Nandini said crunching her nose while others laughed wholeheartedly.

Then Nandini got a call, she excused and came near the door. She spoke with aryamaan who called to ask her why she didnt come to college. She lied to him and said she will there in the morning .

After hanging up the call, Nandini turned around to see manik excusing himself telling them he has some unfinished business to finish eyeing Nandini. All agreed and started planning to celebrate their friendship.

While manik started walking towards nandini with a glare on his face. Nandini felt like she is some deer and manik as some lion who was walking towards his prey with killing looks. Nandini slowly darted back gulping.

'Ayyaippa save me' were her last words looking at ceiling before running out of her room.

I wanted to finish this whole get- together in one chappy soo it took time. I have internals next week soo I can't exactly say when I will update. But I might update if I feel like writing seeing your response. Don't forget to press star button and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

170K 10.7K 39
Book -1 of "Hiraeth" series. . . Manik Malhotra the CEO of Malhotra Industries, always being the grumpy one and doesn't care about anyone except o...
498K 22.8K 38
Manik malhotra an arrogant hot and handsome man with wild desires.He wants to marry his girlfriend alya as soon as possible.But his parents marry him...
You and I By

General Fiction

47.3K 3.7K 71
Nandini Murthy A girl who used to be the most cheerful is now a silent version of herself. A silent spectator in the life around her. A child's worse...
26K 1.1K 57
She is like crystal clear water. He is like a rock-solid mountain. She is naïve and innocent; loves to love and to be loved. For him, love is inconst...