Memento Mori (MikaYuu)

By armincrackers

"If there was ever anyone to show me the realness in 'reality', it was Yuu... Tiny, little, innocent Yuu - th... More

«1»
«2»
«3»
«4»
«5»
«6»
«7»
«8»
«9»
«10»
«11»
«12»
«13»
«14»
«15»
«16»
«17»
«18»
«19»
«20»
«21»
«23»
«24»
«25»
«26»
«27»
«28»
You've Lived

«22»

1.1K 76 92
By armincrackers

Yuu was on a bashful edge the entire night. He was far too inhibited of sleeping next to his beloved golden-haired angel, constantly waking up periodically through the sleepy session to make sure he hadn't rolled atop of Mika or was being selfish with space. At some points, he just couldn't sleep and would reread the inked story on Mika's arms down to his wrists.

He realized Mika loved to draw. His body was his canvas.

And what a beautiful artistic bedtime story it was.

He flinched to consciousness as Mika's alarm buzzed flatly off to the corner of the mattress. He was wide awake, pleasantly surprised as Mika had him gripped tightly in his long arms like boasting over a prized possession.

He snored.

Too low to be disruptive, but just audible enough to be heard and make Yuu blush.

He buried his face in Mika's large chest, wondering why it smelled so sweet. He apprehensively poked his nipple, immaturely giggling at the gesture.

The alarm continued to cry for attention.

Yuu inched out of the embrace - or at least attempted to, as Mika had him in a death clutch. He finally broke free after a series of violent wriggling, his tired eyes squinting to read the settings on the alarm.

He pressed the button to silence it, the dusty device's numbering glowing red with a weak 6:45.

He sheepishly gazed down at Mika's boxers with aroused interest, the sheet having been slid down in the subconsciousness of someone's slumber from bickering heat. He shook him lightly, nuzzling his face back into the crook of the blond's neck.

Heavy breathing and more snores replied disrespectfully.

Yuu hummed lightly in thought, throwing himself over Mika to worm around.

He heard Mika chuckling below him, a smile coming to his lips at it. He continued to roll all over Mika's torso, making silly noises. The blond broke out in more laughter, attempting to latch onto Yuu's waist to turn him over, but his hand only wound up gripping right onto Yuu's small rear end.

The blond's eyes widened, his hand automatically moving off to grip regretfully at the sheets. Yuu slid off of him, sitting back on his heels. He looked unphased by the accident.

Mika was swarming with an odd displeasure.

Yuu just grinned.

It was still taking getting used to.

~

"Are you scared..." Mika murmured in the driver's seat as he let Yuu take a bite out of his bagel. He tied his hair up meanwhile.

They were parked in the apartment's parking lot.

Yuu chewed, swallowing a big gulp right after. "No."

This kid's got more balls than I would've ever imagined...

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

Mika sighed, gripping tightly onto the steering wheel. "Are you sure you don't wanna stay in bed until I get back home? You don't have to go back to school, Yuu... I don't want you to..."

"Hey," interjected Yuu, cheeks full of bagel, "if someone's gonna get in the way of me taking my exam today, it's gonna be just me. Not anybody else. I don't wanna fail... We studied for this for two weeks. Sure, a lot has happened in between, but... I'm not scared of dying anymore, Mika."

The blond was nearly pushed to tears. He sat still in his seat, hands rested on his thighs as he contemplated just how much Yuu truly meant to him.

Just two weeks. It took just two weeks for an obsession to grow.

It took one bullet and a kiss for the addiction to grow.

And it took one cry for the possession.

Mika was in a deep, roaring mental hell.

Yuu crying was his equivalent to anger and sadness.

Yuu's agony was his violence.

Yuu's affection was his oblivion and addiction.

That was the worst one. It also fed his possession and a craving like nicotine to please his senses, but he was unaware if that's what he truly craved.

Yuu is a boy. I'm a boy. That part is unseeable but his kisses aren't... His voice isn't. His presence isn't. His touch isn't. His... Existence - his being... That's what I'm infatuated with... I think. Or am I infatuated or just addicted?

His mind interrogated him, resulting in a heavy sigh before he flipped through his compartment. His bottle was nearly empty, but he savored two pills to down before he grew mad.

Yuu watched, taking another bite out of his bagel. "Are you okay?"

Mika nodded, slamming the compartment closed again. He leaned over, buckling Yuu up in his passenger's. Before he pulled away fully - through a three second contemplation - he pressed a kiss to Yuu's cheek. He closed his eyes, translating the sensation from his lips to his mind.

Yeah... Wow, that's addicting...

Yuu giggled, shying away slightly.

His giggle...

Mika sat back in his seat, buckling himself in. He chewed his lower lip, finally turning the keys and starting up his truck.

"Stay away from Saint... Okay? ...Otherwise I might not be able to hear you laugh anymore like that..."

Yuu's expression softened, chubby cheeks burning pink. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips, his body rushing with warmth.

"Okay." He whispered.

~

Undoubtedly Yuu came across those gray eyes again. Four times, in fact. Every time they frightened him. They just kept staring.

And staring.

It wasn't just a creepy stare either; it was a hybrid of depression and vengeance. A sorrowful hate. Bitterness. Almost as if to ask why? He had reddish linings under his eyes.

He avoided the discomforted gaze as much as he could. He could still see him in the back of his mind...

He spoke to him through his eyes...

~

Yuu finally was able to rejoice with the librarian once more, splaying out the details of the past events as some cinematic story of gruesome glory, wild gesticulations and often tears... But a tasteful reunion it was, right during lunch time just like before while they shared a sliced hoagie.

Nothing was more serene than those burning incenses, his scented lotions, lemon table cleaner, and cinnamon everywhere possible. Crisp apples in a basket and metaphors hung on the wall - it was a hippie heaven.

Yuu was even given a cinnamon scented medallion for his cast.

Yuu considered him his grandpa.

The room shook somewhere in between, the lights flickering in a brief call of danger. It ended as short as it started, causing Yuu to stare out of the large windows of the room in worry.

"Are we having an earthquake?" he questioned, opening up the door to peek down the corridor. Smoke erupted from the cafeteria doors just fifteen meters down, kids fleeing and coughing. Some kids were taking self-portraits in front of the gust of smoke.

Some were ecstatic over the possible dismissal of school.

One kid was drugged, inhaling the clouds.

"I smell smoke... And laddy, it ain't just my incense," the librarian softly spoke as he joined Yuu at his side. He squinted, his eye bags following him. "Oh, my. Well, who let the men cook?"

Mika panicked from his classroom as the explosion was just below his floor. Dust rained from the ceiling at the shake. His face drained of color as he sat in his seat, his body getting itself to his feet before his consciousness could. The class broke out in an excited commotion.

"Mikaela, sit back-"

He raced out of the room and down the corridor and the stairs, following the voices of hysteria. Already, he was bellowing his own personal cry of help.

"Yuu? Yuu? Yuichiro!"

People looked at him as if he were nuts. His heart pounded, sweat racing down his forehead as he reimagined that day in his head:

Poor Yuu, clutching his near-decapitated thigh that was gushing with thick crimson red before he collapsed, his head smashing against the tiles while cries of pure horror shred and clawed through his throat mercilessly. He made a personal oath to never witness Yuu wither and drag himself away from his entire childhood explained in his own pool of blood again.

He nearly burst into tears at the thought, pushing past the cluster of people in the cafe doors. All he could see was smoke.

Occasionally a person left.

I don't even know if Yuu is in this period...

He ran his fingers through his hair in pure panic, deciding it useless as he tried to search through clear perimeters first.

"Yuu?!"

"Hi!"

He spun around at the chirp, meeting familiar beaming green eyes. The librarian stood behind him, hands on Yuu's shoulders.

"Do you know what happened?" Yuu casually asked, eyeing the smoke breathing behind Mika's presence.

Mika just stammered, looking at the old man before Yuu.

"You know him?" the librarian asked cautiously, trying to send a sincere gaze.

Mika composed himself as best he could, his fingers twitching to refrain from fists. Who the hell... Pills... Work, please... "Yes."

After a moment, the librarian smiled sweetly, his brown eyes never looking so welcoming. He patted Yuu's head. "Well... God bless you both... He's all yours, sonny," he approved, sending Yuu in Mika's direction. He could sense the fear about Yuu in his eyes. It calmed him.

Mika nodded, eyes widening slightly as the librarian pulled the both of them into a hug. He was alarmed, but considering Yuu hugging back happily below him, he relaxed seldom. The man did smell relaxing after all.

"Be careful in here. You going home?" the man questioned, patting Mika's shoulder.

"About to now, yes..."

"Drive safe."

Mika couldn't fathom the man one bit.

"You be careful, too, grandpa!" Yuu joked, doing his usual fist bump technique he taught him.

"You got it, captain."

Oh...

Finally, Mika cracked a smile. "Come on, Yuu... Let's get home... How do you think you did on your test?"

~

There was a boy that stayed after school's cafeteria fire. His silver eyes surveyed the firemen come clean the scene, the staff collect their things and be on their way. He just remained.

Silent. In the halls. Walking. Thinking.

There was too much happiness and affection shared between people he knew that wasn't divided evenly to him. He witnessed more of them today.

His jealously was hidden by apathy.

He soundlessly tread into the library's office with noiseless steps, repeating a promised oath in his mind.

I will ruin everything you love, Yuu. Even if it kills me.

His gray eyes surveyed all of the candles, the shriveled sticks of burnt incense, the rugs... The goddamn metaphors and quotes.

He saw the librarian, preparing to leave, sliding on his coat and reorganizing his desk. He was faced towards his back.

He took five tiny steps closer.

I promise, Yuu.

The quietest he could, he inhaled a deep, lung-aching breath, and screamed at the top of his lungs, tears stinging in his eyes as they squeezed shut.

They say sudden screams can kill an old man. And kill it did indeed. His heart failed to skip the obstacle of the frighten.

Saint watched him fall to the floor, his throat buzzing with pain.

The man died the way he often lived. Wide eyes, parted lips, pale face. Undeserving of such an environment.

Saint was alarmed. But a pleasing-alarmed. It was a hands-off murder. He swallowed hard, tripping over the lamp's cord. It shattered to the floor, frightening himself as well.

But he wasn't fragile enough for a heart attack.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 3.9K 25
[Owari no Seraph AU: Mika x Yuu | Boy x Boy] Around the age of 6, Yuu had lost his best friend, Mikaela, during a kidnapping incident. Both of them...
3.2K 200 32
"I don't know what I feel about you anymore, Armin..." "What do you mean, Eren?" "He loves me, Armin." "No, Jean. No, Armin. He loves me." Read to fi...
391 9 14
I give full credit of the Owari no Seraph/ Seraph of the End anime to the creators of the manga and anime. Please support the original release. I ALS...
4.9K 160 23
Hello people of Wattpad! This is my first story and fanfiction on Wattpad so I apologise for any errors and bad story There is a sort of Yandere Levi...