TANGLED -overprotective famou...

By MusicMyLife

what happens when fame, gymnastics, music, overprotective celebrity brothers, adoption, past, friends and ene... More

TANGLED - Introduction
The Flight
Mumbai...I'm back!!
First Day of New School
A Date with a life-death situation
Flashback
Back to (not so pleasant) present
Jinxed?
Kicks and Punches
Live Chat
They call it a House...I call it a Palace!
One week before wedding = Hectic
You Don't Know How It Feels Like
Giggle Monster
Together, Forever
Getting Ready
The big day
He hates me...why?!
Christmas and Traditions
Twitter Goes Crazy!
Girls Day In
Premiere Night
Arrested, Saved And Threatened.
Answers
The Troublesome Twosome Date
Gossip and Guy Drama
Jerk Brother or Protective brother?
Golden Globes
Niagara Tears
Security check
Antiquates? What are they?
Don't Forget
My Custom, Personalized Hell
Catching Up
Only Friend - Not
Going Back There
Surprises!
SuperBowl
The Pay-Back day
Baby Pops Out
What's the name?
Face the Facts
Author's Note: IMPORTANT!!!
NOT A CHAPTER-CHARACTER PROFILES....

I'm With You

4.1K 45 8
By MusicMyLife

A little more twist in the story!! :) You'll get it all in the upcoming chapters!! Oh, and I added some music, too. The song used later is by Avril Lavigne......there is a link on the right too, if you wanna listen to it (it's a great song!) 

Hope you like it!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SALMAN’S POV

I walked out of my room, running my hand through my hair. It was early in the morning, and everyone was probably still asleep because we came home late yesterday. It’s our third day here in Dubai, and we had gone shopping yesterday. And when there is a teen girl, a pregnant woman, and a guy who loves to goof around in the malls; the mall hopping never ends. I won’t dare to start counting the number of stores we visited yesterday. Then we went to Burj Al Arab for a midnight buffet. By the time we reached home, everyone except me and Sohail had passed out.

I couldn’t sleep for some reason. I felt restless, like something was wrong. I was about to walk out the door for some fresh breeze, when I heard a noise. I stopped and scanned the house. Nobody could have broken in, with all the security measures taken. I listened carefully now. A sob, it was a low, muffled sob. I knew who it was; I knew the sound very well. I walked up the stairs, and cautiously opened her room’s door.

There she was, lying on the bed, face into the pillow. Her guitar- Destellar- was lying beside her, with her diary on it. I could she something scribbled into it. I was still looking at her, when she wiped her tears and turned around to see me. Then she looked down, spilling a few more silent tears.

She looked so sad, so helpless. She should never feel pain and sorrow. A girl like her deserved all the joy in the world. But, she was troubled. I hated myself for seeing her in this position.

I sat on the edge of her bed. She immediately placed her head on my lap and cried her heart out. I waited there, rubbing her back. I wanted to know what it was that hurt her so much, but I needed to give her some time. Whatever it was, it wasn’t a petty issue.

She’s been through a lot lately. Maybe it was just her bottled up emotions erupting now? Or was it something specific? I had to wait to find out. Right now, she needed her elder brother, her guardian, to let her know she was safe, she was not alone no matter what.

ALISHA’S POV

I cried my eyes out, almost literally. I didn’t know why I was crying. I didn’t know why I had written the song. It was all a blur. I just remembered waking up, feeling so alone, so lonely. I didn’t want to think now. I just wanted to spill the pain I felt.

After a while, I stopped crying, but I still lay there silent. All this time, Salman sat there, stroking my back. I loved how I instantly felt safe under his touch. I looked into his eyes. All I could find there was love and pain.

I shot up, startling Salman in the process. I grabbed Destellar and sat in front of him.

“Want to hear it?” I choked out.

“If you want to show it, yes.” He replied, squeezing my hand. A small smile appeared on my face as I started playing. I didn’t need the diary; I already knew the lyrics well. Songs that touched you didn’t need to be inked down.

I'm standin' on the bridge

I'm waitin' in the dark

I thought that you'd be here by now

There's nothing but the rain

No footsteps on the ground

I'm listening but there's no sound

Isn't anyone tryin' to find me?

Won't somebody come take me home?

It's a damn cold night

I'm tryin' to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand?

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I'm, I'm with you

I'm with you

Hmm hmm hmm

I'm looking for a place

I'm searching for a face

Is anybody here I know?

'Cause nothing's going right

And everything's a mess

And no one likes to be alone

Isn't anyone tryin' to find me?

Won't somebody come take me home?

It's a damn cold night

I try to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand?

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I'm, I'm with you

I'm with you

Yea yea

Oh, why is everything so confusing?

Maybe I'm just out of my mind

Yea eee yeah, yea eee yeah

Yea yee yea, yea eee yeah,yeah

It's a damn cold night

Tryin' to figure out this life

Won't you take me by the hand?

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I'm, I'm with you, yea

I'm with you, yea

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I'm, I'm with you, yea

I'm with you, yea

Take me by the hand

Take me somewhere new

I don't know who you are

But I'm, I'm with you, oh

I'm with you

I'm with you

I broke down again, towards the end. I felt Salman getting me closer, and wrapping me around. I rested my head on his chest, and I could hear his heartbeat. I felt wetness on my shoulder-wait, my brother was crying? I immediately felt guilty of making my brother cry.

“N-no. Please don’t.” I looked at him, wiping away the tear by my thumb. I was the worst human ever, making the person who loved me the most cry.

He cupped my face, and pulled away gently, so we could speak properly.

“What made you write it? The song is so…uh, deep.” He looked at the diary, and looked into my eyes.

“I don’t know. I-I just saw, no felt fire. I could feel something burning my skin, the heat, the pain. Then I remember feeling alone, helpless. And then you, holding me. I woke up sweating and shaking, and this came out…” I replied, running my hand over the lyrics.

“It was just a nightmare, Pixie. You will never, ever be lonely.” He cooed, but I pushed him away immediately.

“No. it wasn’t a dream, it was real. It had happened. I don’t know when and how. Hell, I don’t even know what exactly-but it did HAPPEN!” I almost yelled the last part. I just knew it. The feeling, it was too real and vivid to be just another nightmare. I knew it had something to do with my past. There had to be some connection.

Salman took my left hand in his. It was completely cured; even the scar from the black day was near invisible. But, there was still a mark, which I always had. I used to apply concealer on it, to hide it. Not because I was ashamed of it, but because I always felt some unexplained, unwanted pain inside me everytime I looked at it. A feeling of loss, of horror. As if something wasn’t right.

“Do you know where this came from?” he asked, tracing the mark with his index and middle finger, wiping the makeup off.

I just shook my head signaling a ‘no’. Come to think of it, I never bothered to think about it. I always assumed it was an injury from the landslide.

“The landslide?” I asked.

“No. You had the mark when we got you to the hospital.” He replied softly.

I looked at my mark, and it made sense. The fire I felt, that caused it. That was the reason I was terrified of fire. I couldn’t stand being close to flames. Then everything I felt was true. Not that I doubted it, but it only backed my confirmation. I sighed and looked up.

“Now that everything is going right, I had to remember things from the past? Its official- Trouble and I are twins.”

Salman’s lips twitched into an almost smile. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

do i really need to repeat what i write after every chapter?! You know what I'd say, so I won't take the efforts to type it again!! 

Oh, and pray for Japan...another earthquake there today! :(  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274K 6.7K 53
Ariana Russo was sent away to live in a orphanage by her family because they were "protecting" her. This happened when she had just turned 1year old...
205K 3.6K 81
Alicia has been abused by her mom and step-dad for the past 2 and a half years, plus she has also been bullied for the past 2 and a half years. What...
505K 9.9K 105
violet jones grew up around people that she feared. one day she got thrown a massive curve ball, her whole life blowing up just within just two days...
32.7K 1.6K 19
Whoever let Lily Hayes have 4 older brothers deserves a smack in the face. This story will contain the life of Lily Hayes getting teased, tortured...