Heathers // a.i.

By BritishBums

❝You know what I want, babe?❞ ❝What?❞ ❝Cool guys like you out of my life.❞ _________________________________ ... More

preface
01 - the beginning
03 - if looks could kill
04 - he likes grateful dead
05 - a change of heart
06 - breakfast at heather's
07 - after school mourning

02 - heather, the great white shark

4.7K 284 226
By BritishBums

.

A/N :

.

Just to make it clear guys, Ashton is not dead as of now!

The preface, (the first part) where you saw Veronica writing in her diary, was only a sneak peek further into the book

the first chapter titled 'the beginning' is literally in the beginning where she meets Ash for the first time, that's why this is all written in past tense, and that's why Veronica sometimes speaks as if she's telling a story!

Hope that clears it up :)

- Mia x

.

.

________________________________

.

.

The past few days, I wasn't myself.

If I was a different person looking at myself, Veronica Sawyer, herself, i would feel damn sorry for her.

I would see her ghost, how it would literally be torn from her vessel.

And if I was seriously going to get anymore sappy and heartfelt, I'd tell Heather Chandler to slit my throat herself.

Why did I do that to Luke? Of all people, why did Heather have to bestow her curse onto the nicest guy at Monroe High?

Oh the humanity. I could hear her sarcastic high pitched voice already ringing in my dead brain.

Clearly it's been dead. I've had far too many diet cokes the past few weeks.

First it was Heather Chandler who started the trend, then Heather Duke, who was a loyal follower, and then finally, Heather McNamara.

I mean if you paid enough attention, you could see who was the most obsessed with Heather Chandler by who liked her instagram photo first.

The two clearly only wanted to have Heather Chandler's respect, I on the other hand had no idea what I wanted.

All I knew was that I've had far too much of Heather Chandler, her murdered bleached hair, and her red mini skirts.

Suddenly, I was rethinking my picture perfect life, and my attention seeking, dragon like friends.

What if I never became Heather Chandler's test subject? What if she never saw me on the first day of freshman year?

I would have probably been the sweet and angel like child I was in middle school. The one who would never emotionally victimize a kid based on the unrealistic social ranking of the school.

"Veronica? What the hell has gotten into you?" McNamara widened her eyes at me, her red hair burning brighter today.

Maybe it was just the sunlight, the blinding, seeping sunlight.

''What?'' I sighed, clearlry exasperated and slightly nauseated from the smell of perfume coming from all three Heathers.

It was Wednesday, and I was tired as hell.

"Did you have brain damage, or is it your ear drums? It's time for the lunch time poll." Chandler rose her her eyebrows, clenching the brown clipboard to her fake boobs.

I knew they were fake, only because she had recently gotten them bigger through plastic surgery last week.

Flat chests are so '76. There it is again, the sound of Heather Chandler haunting me even in my mind.

"Yeah, okay. Come on." I shrugged, straightening my pleated blue skirt as I quickly stood by her.

Oh the dreaded lunch time poll.

It was pointless, only because Heather usually used it as an excuse to hang around with one table, and one table only.

The fucking populars.

In other words, stuck up rich kids who think they're better than everyone else just because.

Really there was no reason. The sentence was meant to end there. Because.

 "Heather's heading this way."

"Shit, which one?''

I hear quiet conversation on the way there as I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Hi guys." Heather smirked as she had flipped her straight blonde hair over her shoulder.

"And she brought Veronica.'' Amber grinned widely, although obviously fakely.

"Afternoon, Amber. Enjoying that untouched lunch of yours?"

"Very much, V. Did you want the rest of it?" She asked cluelessly.

I literally rolled my eyes this time around.

"Let me guess, lunchtime poll?" Steve asked, running a hand over his perfectly shaped hair.

"Yes, sweetie! I mean we need all the help we can get, silly." Heather giggled flirtatiously.

"Well go on, give us a shot. Anything for you, Chandler.'' He praised, as I stood there, plastering a smile on my face.

Heather rose her eyebrows, clearly enjoying the attention.

"If you inherit five million dollars
the same day aliens tell the earth
they're blowing us up in two days,
what would you do?

"I would give it all to the homeless." Amber smiled confidently.

"I would spend it on cheeseburgers, what the hell." Steve snickered.

They all laughed.

"We all know, it's stripper money." Will said from beside him, both of them just dying of laughter.

"You're all beautiful. Really.'' I beamed, softening my eyes.

Heather's smirk fades as she glared at me, immediately dragging me away from the table.

"What the hell, Veronica! What was that?" She snarled angrily.

"Nothing, Heather. It just annoys me that we don't talk to different people!" I nearly yelled, running a hand over my hair.

One more lunchtime poll with them, I'd honestly lose my fucking mind.

She laughed hysterically, narrowing her eyes. "Fuck me gently with a chainsaw. Do I look like Mother Teresa to you?"

"Heather, it doesn't hurt to get different answers, from people with different opinions.'' I mumbled.

"It hurts, V."

"You know, not everyone has to see you as the shark that stalks its prey, that is all I'm saying."

"Maybe, I like being the predator, haven't you thought about that? I'm worshipped by everyone, and I'm only a junior." She shrugged.

"Look, just let me do the talking, okay?" I sighed, frowning at her.

"Fine. But I'm not going to suddenly be a holy saint, Veronica. I'm too far to even think about being holy."

What was she even saying, using religion as a metaphor to her pointless views?

Was she trying to say she was the spawn of Satan? Because that was what my ears were signalling.

My eyes then land on the same boy at the corner of the room, my heart leaping.

Ashton.

He smirked, dimples showing as he propped his elbows on the lunch table.

He sat alone, but he seemed satisfied with or without the company.

It hasn't been long, but looking at him.. I felt almost drawn to his presence in this crowded cafeteria.

I pulled a small smile, raising my eyebrows questioningly.

We never broke stare, until Heather's voice snapped me out of the intense trance.

"Veronica, are you going to help me or what?" She spat, her eyes flickering over to Ashton as she rolled her eyes. "Let's go."

.

.

.

After the dreaded lunchtime poll, Heather waved me off once the bell rang for sixth period.

Just as I said, we got a huge range of answers, but Heather would never admit I was right anyway.

It'd have to be over her dead body.

"Are we meeting up at yours after school or what?" She said, already walking away.

''Yeah sure." I nodded once, waving back at her before she vanished down the hall.

I turned around, walking quickly only to crash right into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I apologized sincerely, my eyes meeting his again.

I cracked a smile, raising my eyebrows.

"Ashton Irwin. Am I right?"

"Ah, greetings and salutations." He playfully saluted, his accent making my clothes fall off.

Not literally, of course.

He was in a leather jacket, his slightly wavy brown hair slightly pushed back.

Ashton had to be one of the most captivating human beings to look at.

"Are you a Heather?"

"No, I'm a Veronica. Veronica Sawyer.'' I held my hand out for a shake.

Seriously Veronica? This wasn't your dad, or your uncle so why are you shaking his hand?

"Mm." Ashton hummed, holding my hand and pressing a kiss to the back of my hand instead.

My cheeks heated, as my lips parted.

''A romantic? Wow, I assumed the bad boy type of vibe." I tilted my head, nearing my locker and spinning my code in.

"Bad boy? Interesting input you have there, Sawyer.'' He smirked, leaning against the locker beside mine.

Ashton still stared at me, his lips pressed together in concentration.

Exchanging my books, I slammed my locker closed and peered up at him, biting my lower lip to hold back a smile.

"I'll see you around, Ashton.'' I nodded, tucking a strand of hair behind my ear.

''I hope to see more of you, anytime Sawyer." He murmured, his eyes raking my body before turning around and disappearing down the corridors.

Breathing out heavily, my knees nearly gave up, my back pressed to the locker as I closed my eyes.

That was the single most thrilling experience of my entire human existence.

.

.

___________________________

A/N:

.

.

OKAY DAMN ASHTON

WYD WYD WYD

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!

NEXT CHAPTER COMING SOON :-)

.

.

- Mia x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

761K 17.2K 46
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
135K 2.7K 44
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
217K 9K 24
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...
356K 15.3K 39
જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader જ⁀➴ᡣ𐭩 𝑰𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...