Home Sick Mistake

By Hidden-Red

She was a normal girl in a small town. She'd never asked for it. She'd never wish it on anyone. It just was... More

Authors Note
Chapter 1 - Memories
Chapter 2 - A Grimmer to Remember
Chapter 3 - A Date?
AN - sorry
Chapter 4 - Baby Doll
Chapter 5 - Another Brother
Chapter 6 - I'm not worth your tears
Chapter 8 - Drawings for Reality
Chapter 9 - Anger, Telepathy, and Surges
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ
Chapter 10 - Reuniting of the Eulis'
Chapter 11 - My Way or the Highway
Chapter 12 - The Heart of the City
Chapter 13 - I Will Always Love You
Chapter 14 - Carless Decisions
Chapter 15 - Worry, Ponder, and Wonder
Chapter 16 - British Banter
Chapter 17 - The Other Grimmer
Chapter 18 - Need What You Want
Chapter 19 - Surge
On Hold

Chapter 7 - 209 Years Ago

6 0 0
By Hidden-Red

Damon, Laney's brother, above!

---------------------------------

Laney sat on the couch; it was consuming her in its pillows. Her head was filled with the earlier events. The way Bodhi's touch lit her skin aflame. The way her heart was beating faster as he had gotten closer to her. Caleb and his interesting way of showing affection and the way he'd toyed with her head. He'd made her think, though he may not know it, that he'd felt something for her.

"Laney, what...are, what are—"

"Damon...Damon!" Laney rushed to his side just before he fell face first into the stairs.

He wobbled his way from the kitchen to the living room; each step was like stepping on a loose rock on a treacherous mountain. His eyes were half open and his head probably swimming with the alcohol that poisoned his body. He lay limp in Laney's arm; she struggled to drag him the few feet to the edge of the couch. There she let his passed out self lay oblivious on the couch. She let out a sigh and a slight shake of her head. Leaving him there, she took herself up to her room.

She threw off the jeans that she still wore from earlier that morning, or rather yesterday seeing as it was now 1:30 in the morning. She abandoned her shirt on her floor, walking to her closet in her black underwear and bra. She pulled on a large pair of sweat pants as well as a sweatshirt of Damon's she happened to steal.

She threw herself on her messy bed, the comforter consuming her small body. Her pillows welcomed her aching head and cradled her until she drifted off into a deep sleep full of, still, unanswered questions. Some new ones that had been brought up when Caleb mentioned that she "knew" something she was currently unaware of.

Her dreams were restless, causing her to toss and turn all night. All the while Bodhi had pushed open her unlocked window with ease. Slipping in her dark room he walked to stand by the closet door, the far corner illuminated by the bright moon. He watched as her face scrunched with unease and sweat dampened her skin. Each whimper that fell from her lips caused Bodhi to take one step towards her distressed state.

He had made his way to the side of her bed, a wary hand reaching for her clammy body. Just has his fingers were to brush over her cheek, a voice broke the silence that had befallen the room,

"You sick, love-struck bastard." Caleb's voice came from the darkest corner of the room.

"Caleb." Bodhi hissed, instantly going to block Laney from his view.

"Ah man, I was enjoying that." He motioned to Laney.

"Get out." He whispered.

"I could say the same to you." Caleb continued in a loud voice.

"Leave her alone."

"You see," Caleb unfolded his arms from his chest, walking from the wall in which he had propped himself against. "She's become my little toy...so I plan to play with her whenever I can."

"Please don't do this to her...let's at least take this elsewhere. We've contaminated her life with our antics and constant fights since she met you."

"Oh no, see, I'm playing with my new toy." Caleb pouted.

Beside them, Laney stirred among her mass of blankets. Her eyes were wet with newly shed tears and her cheeks flushed red. She let out a soft cry that clawed at Bodhi's chest. He so badly wanted to reach out and gather her body into his arms and hold her until she felt safe.

"Would you stop with the puppy eyes?" Caleb huffed.

Bodhi only glared at him as he inched closer to the distressed girl that was now sprawled across the small bed. He looked down at her, his face written with concern. He looked back up, expecting to see his angered brother standing across from him, but was met with the empty room, an eerie silence, and an open window. He reached down to let his large hand brush over her shoulder, which was covered with the oversized sweatshirt.

She turned to face him, still asleep, her eyes closed. Her breathing was heavy and sporadic, but she seemed to move into his touch. Her body neared his as he brought his knees to the floor beside the bed. His other hand involuntarily went to stroke her head, brushing the hair back from her sweat-ridden forehead. She squirmed letting out a soft cry as she tucked her hands by her chest. Her eyes started to open slightly, her eyelashes doused with salty tears.

Her brown eyes opened fully, the dream seemed to slip from her mind. Caleb's taunting laugh and wicked smile faded and the image of Bodhi beside her filled her teary eyes. At first, confusion laced her face, then tears welled at the corners of her eyes and trickled down her flushed cheeks.

"Hey, hey." Bodhi cooed, wrapping his arms around her and bringing her to him.

"Make it stop." She whimpered.

"I know; it's hard." He said as he crawled atop the bed beside her.

"Why does he do this?" Her words coming out shaky with each breath she sucked in.

"He's messed up, Laney. He does it to frighten you...don't let him get inside your head."

"He's already there," She sighed, defeated. "The dream...he was there. He was so close. His hands were rough he was holding me and wouldn't let me go."

Bodhi let out a growl, tightening his hold on her and resting his chin on her head. His arm snaked around her waist, pressing her to his chest. She let out a soft sigh as her head rested on his arm. They both lay there in silence; the only noise was the soft breathing of Laney's cries.

"I won't let him hurt you anymore," Bodhi sighed. "I promise."

~~~

The morning light shone through the still open window. The chilly autumn air was crawling around the room. Bodhi's hand now lay beside him, Laney's back pressed against his side. Both were asleep, oblivious to the other that stood by the door. He looked over the two with a wicked grin, his taunting laugh filling the crisp air.

"Young love." Caleb scoffed.

Bodhi flung an arm over his eyes as they started to open, allowing the sun flood his sight. Laney lay beside him, still asleep. Caleb stalked his way to the foot of the bed, his arms crossed and his expression smug.

"Get up." He snapped as his patience wore thin.

Bodhi shot straight up. Now sitting on the bed, his hands propping up, he looked at Caleb with an angry expression. His eyebrows were knitted and the corners of his mouth turned down. Beside him, Laney is her sleeping state, reached up to stroke his side. Her small fingers just barely brushed back down to her side. Bodhi quivered under her soft touch, earning a laugh from Caleb.

"You, my friend, are pathetic," He shook his head. "Does she really mean that much to you?"

"Yes...now if you cared for her as much as you say, then for Christ's sake, Caleb, leave the poor girl alone." Bodhi snapped.

"I do care...yes. This is how I show it." Caleb flashed a crooked smile.

Laney grunted softly, turning both sets of eyes to her as she opened her eyes. She looked to Bodhi and Caleb; her face was more than confused. Her eyes were questioning as she sat up, partially leaning herself of the muscular build beside her. Bodhi, as soon as her light weight pressed against him, wrapped his large arm around her midsection. His hand squeezed her hip slightly as he looked down at her.

"Caleb was just leaving, Laney." He said focusing his hard stare on his brother.

"Was I? Sorry...I wasn't aware that I had someone else planning my every move for me." He said sarcastically.

"No, but you do have someone that wants you gone." Bodhi muttered.

"It's okay, Bodhi," Laney said groggily. "What does he want?"

"Nothing really, except the fact that I need to talk to your lover boy here." He let his gaze fall onto Bodhi.

"I'll be right back." Bodhi cooed, as he let Laney's body fall back against the mattress.

Bodhi got up and begrudgingly followed Caleb who wore a triumphant smirk. They walked down the empty hallway and down to the deserted kitchen. Caleb turned around stopping Bodhi in his tracks.

"Brother." Caleb acknowledged.

"What do you want?"

"Just to talk about the fact that we haven't told her and you seem to be cozying up to her quite fast. She'll find out soon...it's inevitable."

"I know, I—I just need time...I can talk to her."

"Times tickin' away, brother." He said as he tapped his wrist, walking out the door.

Taking his hand and rubbing it down his face, Bodhi sighed with frustration. He was going to do it...now, right now. He walked to the bottom of the stairs, looking up them as if it were a treacherous hike to the top. Each step seemed to bring him closer to an eternity of heartbreak. Laney was still on her bed, eyes wide open and staring up at the ceiling. She bolted upright at the sound of footsteps.

"You're back." She smiled.

"We—we uh...need to talk." Bodhi scratched the nape of his neck nervously.

"Oh...okay...yeah." She straightened the bed sheets as he sat down beside her.

He looked at her with slight adoration and awe, his golden brown eyes seemed sad despite the way he presented himself. His hair was its usual light brown and spewing from his head. He involuntarily let his hand fall together with Laney's. Their fingers lacing together and their eyes meeting momentarily.

"Look...keep an open mind about what I'm about to tell you. It's a lot to take in, but please when I tell you, you cannot tell anyone, Laney. Got it?" His voice was stern.

"O—okay." She nodded quickly.

"Alright, get ready," He whispered to himself before going on to tell her the story of his life. "It was 1804...well...a lot happened in 1804. Anyways, I was well, enjoying life as any other teenage boy would—"

"Bodhi, 1804 was 209 years ago." Laney stated.

"Yeah well...he's where it gets interesting." He sighed. "My brother and I, Caleb, were readying ourselves for the ballroom dance that night. Our family, the Grimmer's, throw an annual ballroom dance for the town. We each had our dates...mine the beautiful Allison Penningston and his, well her sister of course, Lydia Penningston. Allison had the most beautiful hair, blonde waves that cascaded down her slim back. She wore a rose colored dress that night, the only one in red. Her blonde hair paired nicely with the color. She was the talk of the night." He scoffed remembering the beauty that she was.

"Bodhi—"

"Shh...let me finish, questions after," His finger grazed her lips. "Caleb...or Lydia I should say was almost opposite of her sister. Don't get me wrong, Lydia was gorgeous, yet...she didn't compare to Allison. Lydia had black hair, straight as wood. It was stiff and sleek. She had sharp, defined cheekbones. Plump lips and stern eyes. She was just...different. Her personality was crap; she was rough, sadistic, and...well...jealous. As was my brother, jealous of me; Allison and I. So he did everything in his power to split us apart." He stopped to look over at an utterly confused Laney.

"Bodhi, this is impossible..."

"Then let me continue. What I've said so far is mostly irrelevant to what I'm going to continue with. Caleb was successful in splitting and destroying Allison and my relationship. It was all for not. Lasted no more then a month. Anyways...brings me to explain that heated conversation in the street the other night. That was my reason to quote unquote, 'Make his life a living hell.' So little did we know that our dates that night were all but human—"

"Bodhi...stop toying with me. None of what your saying is real...1804 was 209 years ago, as I've said. None of this can be real..."

"As I was saying," Bodhi continued as if he hadn't heard her. "Laney, they were a type of monster...they terrorized the town, something us brothers didn't know. They sought human blood, and animals to drain of their slick red liquid. Their fangs protruded from their gums like sharp daggers, and their eyes a blood red when they were hungry. My family had a reputation for their hunting of these so-called monsters. Little did Caleb and I know...we were to be one."

"A vampire?" Laney asked breathlessly.

"Yes, Laney, a vampire." Bodhi confirmed.

"That's—it's impossible," She was looking down at her hands trying to make sense of the information she was just told. "Their just a legend...a myth."

"So...well, they did as any other vampire would. They bit us. Yet they didn't drain us interestingly enough, as you can see," Bodhi motioned to his form. "They did it to turn us."

"Bodhi you're not—"

"Yes, Laney. I am. They, Allison and Lydia, had been feeding us their blood for months at that point. Doing it so we wouldn't know...slipping it in drinks for example."

"This is a joke." Laney scoffed, making sure to inch away from this so called monster beside her.

"Laney you have to trust me."

"This is your big secret then, huh?"

"Yes." He looked at her with worry, as if he were ashamed.

"This is what Caleb was talking about..."

"Yes..."

"And explains his rapid speed."

"Yes—wait what?"

"Caleb was in my room the other night and I was talking to him, when I turned back to him...he was gone. Just like that." She snapped her fingers and finished her sentence with an exasperated sigh.

"I'm going to kill him." Bodhi's voice came out deeper then usual, his eyes brewing with furry.

"Oh my god...oh my god." Laney's breathing picked up, audible to Bodhi.

"Laney what—"

"Get away from me!" She threw has hand from her shoulder.

"Laney what the hell?"

"You monster! A vampire!" She shrieked.

Bodhi's hand instantly flew to her mouth, cupping over it and consuming her rapid breaths. His cold stare turned to one of horror. The quickness in which his hand flew to her mouth made her scream even louder.

"Laney!" He whisper-yelled into her ear, her hot tears falling to his hand. "I told you cannot, by any means, tell anyone about this! Understood?"

All that he got was a terrified nod and a distressed whimper. Immediately his hand fell to his side, reaching to the shocked girl and enveloping her into his large arms. His chin rested on her forehead and his hand rubbed soothing circles on her back.

"I would never hurt you, Laney." He breathed.

"I know." She nodded quietly.

AN: Thank you all for reading. It means the world to me, let me know what you think ! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 106 39
" I am god, not a magician. You are right in both ways if you think i exist or not because i am all hope and faith." She heard it and couldn't stand...
399 3 9
In a world full of colors., Elleen is bullied by her own people. They always made fun of her just because she was little different from them . But no...
631K 34.6K 67
Time didn't matter to her. She got up when the sun did and tried to sleep when the sun went down. because of this seemingly endlessness, she's forgot...
16 0 20
Lost to the true definition of love, Brie meets Adrian, a man daring enough to love her though he knows it may not end well. She falls hard for him...