RWBY: New

By JWolfSilver

I don't now what's going on anymore. First I was home. Then in another world. In order for me to live here I... More

Chapter 1: Awoken
Chapter 2: Darkness
Chapter 3: What the?
Chapter 4: Friends
Chapter 5: Alex the Immortal
Chapter 6: Semester Two
Chapter 7: Outside of Vale
Chapter 8: A Grimm Day
Chapter 9: Found
Chapter 10: Returning to Beacon
Chapter 11: Best Doctor Ever
Chapter 12: Weapons!!!
Chapter 13: Guns and Groundings
Chapter 14: Happy Birthday!
Chapter 15: All About Protection
Chapter 16: Fun and Games
Chapter 17: Help!
Chapter 18: Exams
Chapter 19: Sisters
Chapter 20: Schnee Manor
Chapter 21: The Ball
Chapter 22: Battle Scars
Chapter 23: The Power of a Dream
Chapter 24: People Issues
Chapter 25: Cooling Off
Chapter 26: Hearing Voices
Chapter 27: From Another World
Chapter 29: Finding a Brother
Chapter 30: First Date
Chapter 31: Dude. Seriously?
Chapter 32: Am I Hearing You Right?
Chapter 33: A Night to Remember
Chapter 34: Mission Day
Chapter 35: Don't Belong
Chapter 36: Nest
Chapter 37: Grimm
Chapter 38: Fight for Your Humanity
Chapter 39: Secrets of the Soul
Chapter 40: Just Say It
Chapter 41: It's Time
Chapter 42: New Beginings
Chapter 0: Tagged!

Chapter 28: A Search for Answers

99 3 3
By JWolfSilver

It was a really long flight back to Beacon. I sat with team RWBY and we all were really excited for our second year at Beacon. Even though school didn't start for another week, we all wanted to get all sorted out. Besides, it would give me time to find more out about my brother.

When we landed, Ruby got our bags delivered to our rooms, then we got our bikes and road to a series of garages. Yang used her scroll to unlock one of them with the name RWBY printed above the scan pad.

"You have your own garage?" I said in amazement.

"Well it's the team's garage." Yang said, "Until now, I was the only one who used it."

"Cool." I said looking around.

"You can use it too Alex," she told me, "I'll just get Ozpin to allow your scroll."

I smiled as we parked our bikes in the large garage and headed to the school.

I got into my room and closed the door. Other than having fresh sheets, it was exactly how I left it. On my desk, a white envelope sat on my binder. Inside was just a small note that read; Please meet me in my office upon returning to Beacon. - Headmaster Ozpin. I put the note in my pocket and did just as it said; go see Ozpin.

Upon getting to his office, the door opened before getting a chance to knock, Glynda appeared behind the opened door.

"Alex," she said in her usual tone, "We've been expecting you."

"Thanks," I said, "I Think."

Professor Goodwitch lead me in as Ozpin swung his chair around to see me.

"How was our summer Alex?" He asked.

"Uh good," I told him, "Oh, and apparently I'm a faunus."

"Interesting." He said, "I've never heard of one suddenly becoming a faunus."

I scratched the back of my head, "Neither have I."

"How's miss Schnee?" he asked.

"Weiss?" I blushed, "She's fine, why?"

"It's just, she didn't react to finding out about miss Belladonna very well." he explained.

"Oh, we're good now." I explained, "She almost skewered me though."

"So you're on good terms then?" asked Glynda.

I nodded, "Why?"

"Because you need a team." Ozpin told me.

"You seem to have a better relationship with team RWBY than any other team." Goodwitch added, "We were going to get you to do initiation this term but that would just hold you back."

"So I'm in team RWBY now?" I clarified.

"As long as it's ok with Ms. Rose, yes." He agreed, "Though the team name won't change. and you can keep your own room due to lack of space."

It took all my willpower not to burst out excitedly like a little boy, "Thank you sir."

Ozpin nodded, "Run along now."

I ran out of the room to find RWBY eavesdropping.

"Were you guys listening the whole time?" I asked, though I already knew the answer.

"Pretty much." Ruby admitted, "Ozpin messaged me, said he needed to discuss something

with me. You're going to be on team RWBY!"

Ruby gave me a quick hug then entered the office. When she returned she gave us the thumbs up Yang gave me a bone crushing hug.

"I can't believe we're on the same team!" Yang said excitedly.

"Don't kill him sis." Ruby told Yang, letting me go.

"Now," I said, clapping my hands together, "As happy as I am, we have some research to do."

"To the library!" Ruby said triumphantly, Pumping her fist in the air.

While Weiss made a call, the rest of us searched the computers and old newspapers to see if we could find anything that way. We did find files on what could be his sudden appearance but they didn't have a name. However, a boy did appear somewhere in Vale but nothing about his current whereabouts. Every lead we seemed to get was missing one or more key points of information that made it almost impossible to give us anything right now.

Eventually we gave up and grabbed something to eat.

"That was pointless." I groaned.

"We did find out he actually exists." Ruby said.

"Yeah, we could still find him." Yang encouraged.

"For all we know he got...transformed like me!" I said.

"He's right." Blake agreed, "Even if we knew what he looked like, there's no guarantee he looks the same now."

Weiss added, "And if Alex is losing his memories of home, his brother would probably not even remember him."

"Not true." I intervened, "I remember my family, just not how they look."

"You didn't remember you had a brother." Yang pointed out.

"I was no more than four when he left," I explained, "I was a toddler and he was five years older."

We finished our meals and walked back towards the dorms.

"What's his name?" Yang asked.

"Grant." I answered, "But there could be a thousand Grants!" I was getting frustrated at the

lack of knowledge I had on my brother.

"It's fine Alex," Weiss assured me as we reached their dorm, "We'll find him."

"Night guys." I said as I turned the corner.

I unpacked my things when I got in my room then shoved my empty bags under my bed. I

flopped down on my bed thinking about the awesome summer I just had. My thoughts drifted around my head until I finally drifted asleep.

No matter how often I have it, the dream doesn't get any easier to watch. Now it continuously get's harder to close my eyes. I fear I won't be able to close them at all, being forced to see the carnage.

Just as the figure stabbed Weiss, everything froze and I was pulled into limbo again.

"Alex!" Axel greeted, "That was some accident. Good thing your faunus body heals quickly."

"Yeah."

"See, the creature wants you dead!" he said.

I remembered my chat with the creature and how he warned me of Axel's lies. I wasn't sure who to trust but I knew I had to keep playing both sides until I figure it out.

"The creature did that to me?" I pretended to be angry, "I could have lost everything!"

Axel smiled, "It's ok Alex, if you don't listen, you will be fine."

I nodded.

"Now," He clapped his hands together, "Go finish up and have fun."

I was cast back into the wretched scene.

The next few days went by pretty quickly; I spent an hour in the library everyday with Weiss, trying to find my brother and spared with my friends. JNPR had been scarce since we arrived, preparing for next term but we still shared meals.

My team and I, man I love saying that, were walking through the courtyard, greeting the new students and saying hello to our returning friends.

As we were walking, a red headed kid with a skate board was riding through the courtyard, he was wearing aviators and doing tricks when he could.

He did a kickflip over the fountain and landed in front of us, sliding to a stop.

"Hey!" He said removing his shades, "Alex right?"

"Grant?" I said, remembering the ball.

He still had the same hairstyle but he was a little over an inch taller than me and wore a black jean jacket over a ocean blue hoodie, blue jeans and red and grey sneakers.

"Yeah!" he said, "You new to Beacon?"

"No, second year." I told him, "I started a year early."

"Not bad." he smiled his approval, "For a blind dude."

"Blind?" Ruby asked.

I figured I should probably introduce him, "Grant this is my team, Ruby is our team leader, Weiss, Blake and Yang." Everyone waved as I said their names.

"Hey!" Grant greeted, "I'm Grant Shade."

"Pretty suite moves." Yang commented.

"Thanks," he replied, "They wouldn't let me ride my motorcycle in the courtyard."

"So what weapon do you got?" asked Ruby.

Grant smiled and extended his katars and held them up, "I call them Time Claws." He held up his Wolverine-like katar, "This one also acts like a grappling hook," then he held up his curved katar, "And this one shoots of explosive rounds."

Ruby drooled over the weapons. I looked over to Yang who stood there frozen, her cheeks turning red, obviously a blush. I elbowed Blake and pointed to Yang, we both snickered, Weiss realized it too and snickered with us.

"Do you guys know where I'm supposed to go?" Grant asked.

I grinned, "Yang knows, she could show you."

Yang heard her name and snapped out of it, "Huh."

"You can show me where the freshmen meet?" Grant said.

"Yeah sure," Yang replied, "It's over this way."

Grant waved and followed Yang.

The four of us burst out laughing once they were out of earshot, even Ruby knew what was going on. I could totally use this against Yang later.

Ruby recognized someone from Signal so she broke off from our group, as did Blake who wanted to sit under a shady tree to read, which left Weiss and my self.

"I've never seen Yang freeze up like that." I chuckled.

"Yeah," Weiss laughed, "She just zoned out."

"Grant's cool as far as I can tell."

"Was he that guy you were talking to at the ball?" Weiss asked.

"Yeah." I nodded.

Weiss smiled, "Was he the one who convinced you to dance with me?"

I blushed.

She smirked, "I like him."

I laughed awkwardly and we headed back to the school.

Inside we spotted Yang talking to Grant in front of the doors to the auditorium and walked over. They both smiled maniacally as we walked over.

"Where's Ruby and Blake?" Yang asked.

I shrugged, "Don't know."

Grant smiled then opened the door, "Gotta go, see you guys later."

"I like that guy." Yang said.

"We can tell." Weiss smiled.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yang asked, cheeks turning red.

"Wow Yang," I said in a mocking tone, "I don't think Ruby's cloak is that red."

Her cheeks got redder as she clenched her fists.

"We should run shouldn't we?" I asked Weiss.

"Wouldn't hurt." she said as we dashed down the hall and out to the courtyard.

"Yang!" Ruby called as we ran past her, "Don't kill them!"

"Help!" I yelled.

I was running ahead of Weiss so Yang got to her first. Then she pounded me into the ground as well.

Yang helped me back up, "Leave the jokes to me."

"Probably not." I smiled.

The next day was full of classes, mostly introductory stuff though so I read a book hidden under my desk.

At lunch, Yang waved Grant over to our table and was surprised to see that he was alone.

"Where's your team?" Weiss asked.

"I kinda don't have one." He said.

"How'd you manage that?" I asked.

"My partner couldn't take the pressure so he quit and there wasn't enough people for an extra team." Grant explained, "Ozpin is sorting it out."

"That's awesome!" I said, "You're like a one man team!"

"So were you." Ruby commented.

"Nah, I was always with you guys." I smiled.

Grant got out of his seat to leave. The two of us laughed and fist bumped. As soon as Grant and I touched we froze and our eyes turned gold. Weiss and Pyrrha shook our shoulders to snap us out of it, returning our eyes to normal.

"Are you guys ok?" asked Yang.

"Yeah." Grant answered, "See you later." then he left the dining hall.

"That was weird." Yang commented.

r

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 28 30
So this is a continuation of a story originally written by Steffano21 but Im going to finish it in my own way I will be rewriting Steffano21's origin...
127K 1.7K 34
This is my first story and it will be about RWBY and the bad time trio, I do hope you enjoy this story and criticism is welcome ( I do not own Undert...
72.6K 1K 13
a/n: hey boys I'm back finally and I'm ready to start a new story keep in mind I will only be updating this story for now so yeah let's get into the...
9.6K 147 25
A boy named (y/n) has many powers of magical origin, one of these powers is immortality. (y/n) lived centuries in a village far from everything bein...