Cursed

By ArtemisAlcazar

A blind girl and the asshole down the road go on a road trip because a crazy witch told them to. [Extended s... More

Extended Summary
Authors Note
0
1
2 (Part 1)
2 (Part 2)
3
4
5 (Part 1)
5 (Part 2)
6 (Part 1)
6 (Part 2)
7
8
9 (Part One)
9 (Part Two)
10
11
Authors Note
12 (part 1)
12 (part 2)
13
New Years Wishes from Lily and Sal
14
15
16
Cover Drama
17
18
19
UPDATE INFO
20
21
22
23
24
26
URGENT UPDATE NOTICE
27
28
29
30
31
32
I'm not dead (But I am sorry)
33
RE: CURSED UPDATE
34

25

963 62 7
By ArtemisAlcazar

Hi hello I know it's been a long time but I've only just finished a very important exam period and have found the time to write. For those of you who need it here's a recap of the relevant info: Lily returned home from Sal's house and tried to ask her dad about the road trip, only to be quite quickly shot down. Though, not to long after Elvira appears (the witch she was going on a road trip to find) and strikes her a deal: she'll give her her sight back if Lily gets her some ingredients for a spell before the blue moon. Agreeing, she rounds up Sal and Alina and agrees to take on board an eager Evanora. Now here we are. 

Unedited as always, enjoy!  

The next day Lily found herself seated within a caravan that smelt like synthetic strawberry air freshener and the Krispy Kreme donuts Lina had bought for them. The windows had been opened halfway to allow in the breeze the sound of it whipping past the window was a soothing drum like beat as it found its way inside to tousle her long waves. She stuck her hand out of the window and spread her fingers apart, letting the cool breeze weave in and out while her other hand held a half-finished original glaze. Her fourth in thirty minutes. After demolishing that half, she took to contemplating a fifth.

Apparently, Alina's mother didn't take too much convincing as long as she brought Derick— as a strong male presence Lily supposed. Immigrant mothers seemed to be insistent that women needed men around to protect them. Especially blind ones. And considering she didn't know about Sal's existence, Derick was their Designated Male™.

Not that Lily really minded.

She liked Derick. He smelt like mints and Lynx and had a booming laugh that relieved the tension from any room. It was just on principal she felt as if she needed to have some small spout of annoyance. It didn't last very long anyway.

The four of them were seated somewhere near the back of the caravan while Evanora had volunteered to drive. Sal had regarded her quite skeptically before sighing and handing over the keys. She had helped get him out of the house without drawing any attention to himself so Lily thought he felt like he owed her at least some trust. They were still alive and from what Lily could tell by the smooth travel, still on the road, so that was a plus. 

She listened to them talk about the items on the list and the upcoming trip though didn't really contribute. She was more enraptured by the feeling of freedom. Of being on the open road with her friends.

Of the way Lina's laugh bounced around the small space, so carefree and easily being swept away by the wind.

Of Derick's deep vocals causing Lily's bones to rumble.

Of the quiver of fear in Sal's voice as he handed his house over to Miles, trying to put faith in him that he'd get it back in one piece.

She was drunk in the sensations of it all. She wanted to laugh for no other reason than being so incredibly happy. Instead, she focused on the feeling of Sal next to her, a strong but shaky force. He was tense, probably in light of the new company. Derick hadn't known what to say when the two of them met, though, Lily had felt how tense Sal had been under Derick's shocked gaze. It seemed that it would take some time for him to get used to the new companions.

Without giving it second thought Lily reached out and grabbed his hand like she had once before. Touch was different for her in comparison to other people. It was more important. Touching was her way of seeing. She rubbed her thumb over the back of his palm, feeling him relax. She liked that she could do that. She always liked the way that he had seemed to trust her. He put more faith in her than other people did; he had no qualms with letting a blind girl lead him around.

"So what's first on the list?" Lina's voice caught her attention

"Rumnimary," Derick muttered "I don't know what it is but there's a little sketch of what it looks like."

"It has healing properties," Evanora's voice approached them with its usual preppy tone "and an interesting rum like aftertaste."

Sal squeezed Lily's hand "Evanora..." his voice was slightly tense "if you're here... then who's driving?"

Lily could feel the moment the panic dawned on those around her at the realisation. Her own heart had palpitated slightly but she could feel the car still continuing at a steady pace so she guessed there was some sort of magic involved.

Evanora, on the other hand, was unfazed. "Oh, I just put it on autopilot." She waved off

Sal seemed to relax at the words as well.

Alina was the one to reply "It's a caravan. It doesn't have autopilot!"

"No, Lina," Sal explained seeing as the realisation had already dawned on him. "She means she bippity boppity booed an autopilot because she doesn't know how to drive." His voice had become teasing. 

"I know how to drive," Evanora's tone was sharp, almost offended "I'd just rather be back here where all the interesting stuff is happening." Before anyone else could further challenge her credibility she added "most witches would pay millions for just a few leaves of Rumnimary."

That definitely caught Lily's attention.

"Why? What's so special about it?"

"It's healing properties are incredibly strong, some witches joke that it could bring people back from the dead if used the right way." Evanora's voice had quietened as if they were talking about some big secret "but the place where it's located few people, witches and humans alike are able to enter."

Lily felt the dots on her palm rearrange, burning slightly as the words left her lips "Brihst."

***

It appeared that, after the novelty of a road trip wore off, the travel time could get particularly mind numbing. The other's had taken to playing monopoly while Lily occupied herself with an audio book. They weren't all made in consideration of the non seeing so sometimes she didn't really understand the scenes but she could piece it all together based on the actions and the words of the characters. That was what she loved. The interactions between the characters and their development, sometimes she didn't even care for the storyline. If the character's caught her attention she'd read anything.

She felt the seat dip from beside her and pulled an ear bud out in response.

"I can't believe we're actually doing this."

Lily felt herself smile at the incredulity in Sal's voice "neither can I." She whispered back so the others wouldn't hear. They hadn't had a small bubble of quiet since she stayed at his place.

"It feels like a dream, this whole thing." Sal continued, his voice just loud enough for her ears. She felt him lea back into the cushioned seat. "It's kind of terrifying actually. I feel like I'm going to wake up and find out that it was all a dream. Not just this trip. You too. Even Miles. And I'll be alone again."

Her body shifted so that she was facing his voice. "I'm not an illusion." She muttered, reaching out a hand and trailing her fingers down the plastic of his mask.

"You should be."

Lily frowned at that. She knew what it was like to feel alone, abandoned, though she found herself intrigued as to what happened to cause Sal to be completely alone. The last she had heard of them, his parents had moved. Though, why they would leave their only child behind didn't make sense. They couldn't have been that heartless. Not to mention, the way Sal had spoken about his mother, he obviously didn't bare her any ill will. "What happened with your parents?"

"They left." The words were simple, an attempt at carelessness, she felt him shrug.

"Just like that?"

Sal sighed "my curse... makes it quite literally painful to look at me. Like it evokes a physically painful sensation in the eyes. My dad decided it was best if he and my mother distanced themselves until the problem sorted itself out." He said 'dad' the same way most people said 'dirt'. It made Lily's heart tug.

"Your mother didn't want to leave?"

"Not at first, but he managed to convince her. I haven't heard from them since."

"I'm sorry."

Sal pulled her closer to himself, getting more comfortable. His arm had wrapped itself around her shoulders and her head had ended up on his chest. The action was hesitant but when he saw that she didn't mind he seemed to gain some confidence. "It's okay. Things are starting to get better." 
------
As always, if you enjoyed the chapter please don't forget to comment, share and vote! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

601K 16.5K 63
a story about a girl who goes blind and a boy that just wants to love her. [dont worry - i am planning to go back and edit this story soon so it wont...
7.1K 751 48
Evie is haunted by her past, and so tangled up with her best friend and room mate she isn't even sure she remembers how to be an independent person a...
2K 251 30
""NO!" I screamed as I dove in after them. I could barely see through the dense fog as my parents plummeted closer and closer to the blinding white l...
94.3K 4.2K 31
Book 1 Innana is a blind 17-almost 18- year old, with her sister,zeinah and her father, Ali, as her support. Her mother died so that she may live. Ho...