Dont Leave. (Book 1 Don't Ser...

By Rampage023

He easily shook me off his face harding. "You'll be fine without me Emma your strong" "Please your all I have... More

Prologue
Chapter 2 (All my single ladies!)
Chapter 3 (your not funny)
Chapter 4 (Suck it up)
Chapter 5 (Woah)
Chpater 6 (Kiss me)
Chapter 7 (shut up already)
Chapter 8 (Mommy? Daddy?)
Chapter 9 (Are you on crack or something?)
Chater 10 (whisper of death in my ear)
Chapter 11 (His blood on your hands)
Chapter 12 (say what?)
Chapter 13 (shhh its a secret!!!)
Chapter 14 (Why?)
Chapter 15 (No)
Chapter 16 (Pickles and revenge)
Chapter 17 (Really?)
Chapter 18 (To feel the greatest pain known)

Chapter 1

81.9K 1.5K 196
By Rampage023

Chapter 1

I was thirteen when my older brother left. It'd been his eighteen birthday one of the biggest days for a wolf. It was the day we were finally old enough to transform into our ultimate shape. I'd been so excited to share that day with him to maybe make him smile. It has been four months since our father had been slaughtered by rouges. Our mother losing her mate turned into nothing but a cold shell.  She wouldn't eat or talk. When I tried speaking to her she appeared to be looking right through me as if I wasn't even there. It wasn't uncommon for the surviving mate to die after the other and it became clear she was going to fall into the category.  She finally gave into death four months after Luke left leaving me trully alone.

The pack didn't protest when I decided and in fact my Alpha decided to give me even more devastating news. He figured since I was leaving I should know the truth. Apparently years ago a baby girl had been found on the front of my parents porch unable to give up the girl they adopted her and decided to raise her as their own. A part of me wondered if that was why my brother left. Had he known all this time and  decide since his real family was gone why stick around? I was just some girl his parents had adopted there was no reason for him to care about me like I did him. 

For some reason when my Alpha had explained it to me a part of me sighed in relief. Luke wasn't my real brother, my parents weren't my real parents which mean I might have family some where out there right? Luke didn't need me and I didn't need him. I thought I could start fresh somewhere new and maybe move on. Living in the house I'd grown up in had been suffocating, the silence and memories pressing down on me. Nobody really ever visited me anymore and the pitying looks were sicking. 

Luke never tried to contact me during the time I stayed with our pack. Even though we wern't really related I thought a part of him might still care about me a little. As I slowly adjusted to being alone I realized he wasn't going to call. It became clear like my adoptive parents I would never see him again

It was as if he'd died too.

I was 17 now almost 18, my birthday in two months and instead of being excited like a normal wolf I was dreading the day. It was hard being a 17 year old she wolf I thought finding a pack and my own way wouldn't be hard as it was but apprently packs were really picky who they let in. It was like they had this list and for some reason I never fit the bill. Apprently they only wanted mated pairs or some big scary warrior. A short sad little teenage wolf wasn't very appealing apprently.

The music of the club vibrated through me making me zone back in and foucs as I danced against an older man my breast almost bursting from my demi bra. The flickering lights made the strawberry glitter on my skin sparkle. As you probably guessed I'm a stripper not something I'm really proud of but I couldn't really find a job that paid enough for my rent and other expenses plus I needed to save up. I had a day job working in an ice cream parlor but that wasn't enough to live on. 

 I smiled at the man as he slipped a twenty into my leather skirt that could be considered underwear.

 "Have a nice night." I said giving him a fake smile. He grinned but let me go.

I held in a shiver of disgust. Every man here was creepy and made my skin crawl. 

I moved to go toward the back room when a hand lightly grabbed my arm. I turned to see a very handsome guy a little older than me. It wasn't usual to see a guy his age here or an attractive one for that matter we really weren't the best establishment. "Hey I was wondering if you could give my buddy a dance, he just got over a bad break up." He handed me a fifty and obviously I couldn't say no. Money was money. 

So throwing my dark brown hair over my shoulder I followed the guy to one of the darker corners of the place. I checked out the guy sitting on the couch. He was handsome if not more handsome then his friend with his black long hair that hung in his eyes. He had this dark scowly thing that was working for him. He wore a dark blue button up and dark slacks. By the look on his face he appeared distant and annoyed. He didn't seem like he was exactly enjoying being here.

I smiled feeling the mask that lay against the upper part of my face. All the dancers here were required to wear masks. Mine was blood red with black feathers on the side. I liked this one the best actually. It hid my face more than my other ones. The club was trying to go for a whole mysteries thing not that, that really worked but whatever.

"Hello," I purred using my 'sexy' voice. I didn't really know if I sounded sexy or completely ridicules but the guys didn't burst out laughing so that was encouraging. The guy looked up startled then glared at his friend. "I told you I didn't want a stupid dance! Why are we even here?!"

"Because you need to forget about that cheating mutt you called a girlfriend!"

The man motioned me to his friend so I leaned and straddled the other man and began my dance. He stiffened suddenly and grabbed the back of my neck ripping my mask off. Panic surged through me and instantly I spotted one of the bouncers heading our way.

"Let me go!" I cried struggling against his firm hold on my neck.

"Dude what the hell let her go!" His friend cried shocked.

"What the fuck are you doing here Emma?!"

I froze completely shocked. Suddenly I could see the face behind the dark hair. I could see how furious he was at me at the moment. I could see the shock and disbelief too. What. The. Hell.

"Luke?" I whispered.

"We have a problem here?” I jumped startled as Rob one of the bouncers spoke behind us. I quickly jerked away from Luke and hastily grabbed my mask slipping it back on. Without saying another word I ran to the back room and slipped in our private bathroom unable to stop the tears from spilling from my eyes. Of all the places why was he here? I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing him again but I did and it was the worst possible situation ever. Oh my god I'd been giving him a lap dance. Dying in this bathroom in humiliation was very likely right now.

An hour later I gathered all the money I had earned and changed into a black tank top and some tight jeans. I pulled my hair into a tight pony tail and grabbed my things after pulling my leather jacket on. I walked out the back door tears still in my eyes which none of the other girls commented on it which I was thankful for. I sniffled and headed toward my car which had been a gift from my old Alpha.

I was unlocking the door when a hand grasped my arm and spun me around. I gasped as I was pushed against my car sending panic rushing through me. The sight of Luke  and his friend didn't completly stop my panic. "W-What do you want?" I whispered slightly scared. I mean this wasn't the same boy I knew four years ago. I could see it in his eyes. He'd changed.

"I want to know why you’re not back home! I want to know what you’re doing working at a strip club! I want to know what happened to my baby sister!"

My heart clenched. So he still thought of me as a sister? Then why hadn't he tried to contact me?

I felt tears slide down my cheeks as I laughed humorlessly suddenly angry. "Her big brother left to fend for her self and her mother died ....that’s what happened to your baby sister!" I spat jerking my car door open. I quickly locked the doors and turned the car on ignoring him as he banged on my window.

I speed out the parking lot unable to stop these stupid tears. God why did it hurt so much to see him? I'd been fully prepared to not see him for the rest of my life but seeing him tonight hurt so much. He'd left me behind and seemed to move on so easily. He had friends an ex-girlfriend, a whole life I wasn't even remotely part of. It felt as if my heart was breaking. Taking a deep breath I headed home. Ten minutes later I arrived home at my apartment, which I share with my two other roommates.

I dragged myself up the stairs and into the living room falling onto the black leather couch that was cool to the touch. I shivered and pulled the blanket off the back of it and curled up beneath it pressing my wet cheek against the leather knowing my skin was probably going to stick to the couch but I didn't care.

Both my roommates were guys. The one I was closest to was Andy. He was a player and a complete jokester. He was pretty good looking with his blonde locks and surfer looks. He would flirt with me all the time, but we both knew he never really meant it. The idea of being with Andy in a way that wasn't platonic was completely gross to me. He was my best friend, the one person I talked to when things got crappy. Unfortunately I knew he was at some party right now and I could have really used his company at the moment.

Adrain my other roommate was.....very private. His dark looks portrayed him as a bad boy and well he pulled it off really well but in a scary way. I admit  I was scared he would kill me in my sleep the first week I lived here. I knew Adrain was a wolf though; he had no clue I was one too. I figured that was why he was so secretive. I never really got any alone time with him since Andy was always near so I never was able to explain I was like him.

Truthfully I was terrified of my 18 birthday. I didn't want to have my first shift alone. I had always planned to have Luke help me but.....well you know. God just seeing him tonight made me heart ache. He looked so different; at least I knew he was alive. I felt a sob escape my lips. Had I really not been worth it to stay behind? Had he even thought about maybe bringing me with him? 

I'd been giving him a lap dance for god sake! He must think I'm a slut. It didn't matter I probably wouldn't ever see him again. He was probably going to disown me now anyways. I gasped startled when I felt someone’s hand on my arm. I looked up to see Adrain's concerned face. It was really weird seeing another emotion on his face instead of his trademark scowl.

"Emma what’s wrong? He asked sitting down beside me making the couch dip. Doing a very unEmma move I buried my face in his chest and cried like a whiny baby letting his warmth comfort me. After I finally calmed down I pulled away red faced. "I'm sorry you had to deal with that,” I whispered embarrassed. Great now he was going to act even weirder around me.

He smirked at me and ruffled my hair. "Don’t worry about it short stuff. You want to talk about it?" I blushed again and quickly shook my head "No....it’s nothing I can’t handle." I mumbled mortified. He frowned. "I know I don't act like it, but I care about you and well you can come to me with anything alright?" He said awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck. "Your like a little sister to me."

His face was slightly pink shocking me to the core. Adrain hadn't spoken more than a sentence to me since I moved in and now he was blushing? Calling me his little sister?

Not knowing what to say I nodded "thank you." I whispered. He smiled and stood up, but I grasped his arm halting him. "I wanted to ask you something.” He sat back down frowning slightly, his guard back up. "I wanted you to know that I know you’re a werewolf," I started, but gasped as he suddenly stood up his eyes black. "Did the hunters send you?" he growled claws springing from his fingers as he digged them into my arm . I shook my head quickly not wanting to set his wolf off. "No! I’m a wolf too!"

He paused then sniffed the air confused. I blushed realizing I'd have to tell him I lied about my age.  

"My 18th birthday is in two months." His eyes widen and barked out a laugh shocking me. I’d never seen him laugh before.

"Ahhh I knew you smelt too innocent to be 19," he grinned.

I blushed again "I was wondering if you would help me through my first shift?" I whispered afraid of his answer.

It was silent for a long pause and I couldn't take it anymore. I looked to see him staring at me oddly.  "Emma....shouldn't your family or mate be there. The first shift is really intense and its really a private thing. I mean I'm just a loner I don't know...." he trailed off.

"My family's dead and I...haven't met my mate. I don't want to do it alone Adrain please," I whispered. A long pause followed. Then I felt him grab my chin and lift my face up "I’d be honored Emma," he smirked.  "Woah! I leave for a couple hours and come home to find this! I thought I could trust you!" I rolled my eyes as Andy stepped in the living room and grasped his chest dramatically.

"I thought we had something Emma...why?!" he cried slapping a hand over his eyes. I grabbed a pillow and threw at his face.

"Looks like our little roommate was keeping a secret," Adrain smirked at me. My eyes widen, Andy knew? Andy frowned and tossed his keys on the counter. "What do you mean? Oh god she’s not married is she! Oh wait no are you pregnant?" He whispered in horror his eyes wide.

"No you dork she’s a wolf." Adrain rolled his eyes and walked past a wide Andy and grabbed a beer from the fridge.

The look on Andy's face was priceless.

"Wait if she’s a wolf shouldn't you be able to smell it on her or something?" He asked Adrain.

"I would if she'd actually shifted yet, but short stuff here is only 17"

I winced as Andy's eyes widened even more. "You were only 16 when you moved in here!" he screamed clearly about to have a heart attack.

"What the hell is a 16 year old doing looking like that?! Does she want me to go to jail?!” He yelled at Adrain. Adrain snickered and took a sip of his beer.

"She’s a wolf we all look older then we are. Don't freak out you haven't done anything worth going to jail....have you?!" he asked his eyes widening.

"What?! No!" Andy yelled

"Good cause then as a fellow wolf I would have had to kick your ass," he chuckled. I rolled my eyes and lay down. They continued to talk for awhile the sound of their voices soothing me. Suddenly I felt Andy sit near my head his scent rolling over me.

"Have you been crying Em?" Andy asked frowning his eyes softening.

I opened my eyes and sat up looking away. "I'm fine Andy it’s nothing I can’t deal with."

"Was it some asshole at work? I told you, you don’t have to work there anymore Em you can help me at the shop."

Andy worked at a surf shop that sold everything you needed to go surfing. But I didn't want to be a burden. But what if Luke went looking for me at the club? I couldn't face him again not after all this time. Maybe I could just work at Andy’s till I knew it was safe to go back to work. I smiled at Andy. "I’ll take you up on that offer."

Andy smiled brightly and kissed my cheek. "I knew you couldn't resist this fine body. It’s just so good looking you can’t bear to be separated from it for even a few hours," he said flexing. I rolled my eyes and laid my head on his shoulder as Adrain put in a movie.

It hurt so much to see Luke after what he did to me. But what was worse was how much it hurt my heart. I had always cared about Luke maybe .......too much. When he'd grabbed the back of my neck tonight a part of my mind wanted him to kiss me and that was sick. He was my brother for god’s sake! I mean not really but until a year ago I thought we shared the same DNA. I guess a part of me knew he really wasn't my brother. I was so different from the others especilly Luke. Different colored hair and eyes, different noses and  mouth. How had I not known I was adopted?

God why after all these years did he have to come to my club? Why of all people did his friend pick me?

Why did I care so much about a guy who I'd thought was my brother all this time? The problem wasn't that I cared about him it was that I cared way to much for someone who I was suppose to have sisterly feelings for. He wasn't my brother I knew that but it was still wrong the way my idotic heart had felt tonight when I'd seen him.

We weren't related, he had left me years ago to start his own life, and now I was wondering why my wolf wouldn't stop whining about him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

528 66 12
I am completely flabbergasted by the circumstances that led me to be in the same bed as the person I detest. Even more astonishing is the fact that h...
38.5K 629 20
"Drew please let me out" "I already told you i cant" "Yes you can you have to choice to stop thi-" I was cuttoff by the door being busted open and wi...
228K 3.8K 31
Blaze Alvara as been a tattoo artist since she was 16 she is now 22 and Is famous for your arts galas and tattoos. When she gets a new customer to he...
58.3K 1.5K 22
I have been with my boyfriend for two and half years, I can't stand my own family. Me and my boyfriend just bought a ranch together, we thought it...