Second Chances ▹ Bellamy Blake

By flawlesstiles

[ BOOK ONE ] ❝We are the poisoned youth.❞ Secrets can be more valuable than money. They can save a life, or e... More

second chances
epigraph
proluge
Chapter 1. Sent To The Ground
Chapter 2. We're Not Alone
Chapter 3. No One Gets Left Behind
Chapter 4. Automobile and Booze
Chapter 5. Forgive But Never Forget
Chapter 6. Slay Your Demons
Chapter 7. Banishment
Chapter 8. Radio
Chapter 9. A Step Into Hell
Chapter 11. Antidote
Chapter 12. Supply Depot
Chapter 13. I Need You
Chapter 14. Grounder Meeting
Chapter 15. Long Time No See
Chapter 16. Bleeding Eyes
Chapter 17. Healed Scars
Chapter 18. Too Good To Be True
Chapter 19. Gone
Chapter 20. The Good Grounder
Chapter 21. Abandon Camp
Chapter 22. Barbecued Grounders
Chapter 23. Between Enemy Lines
Second Book
Nefarious

Chapter 10. Grounders In The Trees

4.4K 89 1
By flawlesstiles

We've walked though the night and still no sign of Octavia. It's now light and I have a feeling Finn doesn't know what he's doing anymore. We're kind of just, wondering.

"I got nothing. We lost the trail" Finn says and I take a deep breath.

I was right. We don't know where we're going now. She could be anywhere. I'd really like to sit down for maybe a second because my feet hurt, but I know Bellamy is not going to wait up and I don't feel like being left behind.

"Keep looking" Bellamy says, and I know he won't stop until he finds her.

"Wondering aimlessly won't help find your sister, we should back track—", "I'm not going back" Bellamy cuts Finn off.

"Hey, where's John?" Roma asks and we all look around, and she's right. He's gone.

"I saw him a second ago" Jasper says and so did I.

"Spread out, he couldn't have gone that far" Bellamy says.

Why would he even want to leave the group? I take a step forward and a body falls from the trees right in front of me!

I look down and it's John! His neck is cut and he's obviously dead. "Oh my god" I whisper and look up at the tree next to me.

"They use the trees" Finn says and we all look up, trying to see whoever is here.

"We shouldn't have crossed the boundary" Digs says and I'm starting to think that too.

"Now can we go back?" Roma asks, and as much as I'd like to, we shouldn't.

"There!" Jasper says pointing over to the right.

I look over and it's a grounder! "Another one" Digs says and I see another too! They're surrounding us.

"We should run" Finn says and we all start running for our lives, literally. I don't think these guys are here to invite us to a party if you know what I mean.

I look to my left and see a grounder not too far from me, running parallel to me! "Come on!" I shout.

They keep cutting us off so we have only one way to go. "I can't run much longer" I hear Jasper say and I stop running, along with the others.

Except Digs. He keeps running without us. Roma then runs after him and we all chase after them.

The two second break was nice while it lasted I guess. I hear a scream and see Roma run off.

I look to see Digs, stabbed by a blade attached to a wooden plank. I look around and see a trip wire on the ground. "Trip wires" I say and they all look down to the ground.

Looks like we'll have to be extra careful while running now. "They're leading us here" Jasper says, "it's the only direction we can run."

"Where'd they go?" Finn asks looking around. And he's right. They're gone.

"After Roma" Bellamy says and we start running again.

Honestly this is the most running I've done in my entire life. "Where'd she go?" Jasper asks and we've now thankfully slowed down to a brisk walk.

"There she is" I say walking up beside Finn.

Seems leaning against a tree, which is a little weird. Maybe she's trying to hide.

Bellamy walks towards her and we all follow. I walk around the tree and see a spear lodged in her chest. She's definitely dead, it looks like it struck her heart.

"They're playing with us" Finn whispers and I look around, checking to see if they're any grounders around.

"They can kill us whenever they want" he says.

"Then they should GET IT OVER WITH!" Jasper shouts and Finn runs over to him and tries to shut him up.

"They're coming!" I shout over them as a grounder runs towards us.

I look in the trees and I see lots of them. Lots of Grounders surrounding us. We're trapped.

We all have our backs to each other and I grip my sword tighter, ready for them to start attacking us.

Then a horn goes off and the grounders stop in their tracks then run away. "They're leaving" Bellamy says.

"That horn, what does it mean?" Jasper asks and I try to think.

I know I've heart this before. "Acid fog" I say and Finn grabs a tarp from his bag.

"We have to run" Monroe says but I shake my head.

"You can't outrun the fog" I say and Finn throws the tarp up and we all get inside, hoping that this will protect us from the fog.

After a couple minutes of silence Jasper speaks up, "how long do we even have to wait?" He asks.

"Will this even work?" Monroe asks and I hope so.

"We'll find out" Finn says.

"No it won't" Bellamy says and opens the tarp, "there's no fog" he says and we all get out.

"Maybe it was a false alarm" I say.

"They're coming back" Bellamy warns and we all look around but I only see one.

He doesn't even look like he wants to kill us. "Now can we run?" Monroe asks.

"He doesn't see us. I'm going after him" Bellamy says and I have no idea what he's thinking.

"Then what? Kill him?" Finn asks, and I too am curious to how this will help us find Octavia.

"No, catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is" he says standing up, "then kill him."

"How do we know he's not leading us into another trap?" Jasper asks.

"We don't" I say and we follow Bellamy.

We followed the grounder to a cave sort of place and we all look at each other. "You think Octavia is in there?" Jasper asks.

"Let's find out" Bellamy says and we walk into the cave.

"Bellamy?" I hear and he runs over to Octavia who is cuffed to the wall.

So she was kidnapped. Part of me feels like I should have followed her instead of Bellamy, then maybe this wouldn't have happened.

We walk towards her and I look down to see the grounder passed out on the ground. "Monroe, watch the entrance" Bellamy says.

Bellamy unlocks the cuffs and Octavia jumps into his arms. It kind of makes me wish I had a sibling. But I'm just thankful she's not hurt, or dead.

"How did you find me?" She asks and she hugs me and I gladly return.

"We followed him" I say, referring to the grounder on the ground, where they belong. And not the trees.

"We should go now, before he wakes up" Octavia says and I nod in agreement.

"He's not going to wake up" Bellamy says and he grabs a spear.

"Bellamy stop. He didn't hurt me, let's just go" Octavia says but he doesn't listen.

"He started this" he says and I see Finn kneeling beside the grounder.

"Fog horn" he says and I realize. This grounder blew the horn that signalled the other grounders to leave. But why? There was no fog.

Then the grounder stabs Finn with a knife and he falls to the ground. Bellamy starts fighting with the grounder and both Octavia and I rush over to Finn.

"Stop he's my brother!" Octavia shouts but I don't think they understand honestly. Does he even speak English?

The grounder has the spear at Bellamy's neck and it's getting closer. I stand up and grab a metal rod and hit him in the head with it and he falls to the ground.

"Thanks" Bellamy says and I nod and drop the metal rod.

"We should go" Jasper says and Jasper helps Octavia and Bellamy and I carry Finn.

"We need to get to Clarke" I say and we rush back to the drop ship.

We reach the drop ship gates and Jasper and Octavia open the gate. "Clarke!" I shout, "we need Clarke!"

I see her run over and she sees Finn and rushes over to Bellamy and I.

Four guys run over and take Finn out of our hands. "He's alive" Clarke says checking his pulse, that's good news.

"Get him in the drop ship now!" Clarke orders and I limply sit down onto the ground.

I don't even bother moving over to sit on a rock. The ground will do just fine. "You good?" Bellamy asks and I nod and he walks over to Octavia.

I hear shouting but I'm too tired to listen. And I feel myself drift off to sleep.

▲          ▽          ▲           ▽

A/N— This chapter is shorter too but yeah, I hope you liked it! The next chapter should be up soon! Thank you for continuing to read my fanfic and for 1K reads!!! I'll fix all the spelling errors and stuff  later, dw :)

— Brianna

Song; Run Boy Run by Woodkid

▲          ▽          ▲           ▽

"When you're going through hell, keep on going. Never never never give up."

— Winston Churchill

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.3K 734 18
In which the twin sister of Wells Jaha finds herself on earth, with her best friends, falling in love with their leader. [the 100] [s1-s7] [Bellamy B...
684 15 8
(s1) a young girl with 99 other criminals gets sent down to earth to see if the planet is survivable after it's has been covered in radiation for 97...
96K 1.6K 17
Aaliyah Stark. She was the youngest kid who got locked up on the ark at the age of 10. But she was innocent. All she did was wait for her death. Now...
39K 984 32
Akiva Foster. She was locked up for four years for committing a crime that was a life and death situation. If it were up to her, she would do it agai...