Can't Love A Werewolf Without...

By RealityismyNightmare

Shaylee moves back to Texas after a 10 year break, except one thing is wrong-she doesn't remember her childho... More

Can't Love a Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas. [1]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [2]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [3]
Can't Love A Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas [4]
Can't Love A Werewolf, Without Getting Fleas [5]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [6]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [7]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas. [8]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [9]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [10]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [11]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [12]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [13]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [14]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [15]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [16]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [17]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [18]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [19]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [20]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [21]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [22]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [23]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [24]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [25]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [26]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [27]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [28]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [29]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [30]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [31]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [32]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [33]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [34]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [36]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [37]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [38]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [39]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [40]
Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [FINAL CHAPTER]

Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [35]

1.8K 44 4
By RealityismyNightmare

SHAYLEE’S POV:

I was struggling so hard against my brain that I was sweating. Time was in a stand still, I didn’t know how long I was like this, internally battling myself not to kiss Blake, but I was growing tired. I thought I heard him growl.

KISS ME! I couldn’t fight it any longer. His lips came crashing down on mine as my shriek came out muffled.But not a second later were his lips ripped apart from my own.

I screamed in terror to see a wolf lunge across the floor, loudly knocking over instruments, jaws wide to Blake and I. But it missed me by centimeters, and Blake and the wolf went flying through the two double glass doors. Blake seemed to be startled at first, but tried to shove the raging wolf off of him. The wolf’s jaws sank with a crunch into Blake’s arm, but Blake only winced. Where as I, I would have screamed my head off, like seriously a ten-foot wolf just BIT you! And it was like he’s done this before. Blake hit the wolf with his leg in the stomach and the wolf flew off, his body twisted into the air as he flipped and landed right on his feet again, a low menacing growl escaped his muzzle as they walked in a circle, each stepping on the broken glass laid out at their feet. A few snaps from the wolf, his chest heaving in and out with loud, gruff and angry breaths, had Blake backing up slowly. That is, before he leaped off the balcony in blinding speed and swept into the trees in the backyard.

The wolf howled after him, but before he left his head turned to me.

I gasped. It wasn’t just any wolf. It was MY wolf. “Brownie?” I spoke softly. A small, almost incoherent whine came from the huge wolf before he soared off the side of the balcony and landed with great elegance, his long legs stretching out before him as he gained speed after Blake into the forest.

“NOOOOOO!!” I screamed, terrified as to what to do. How did Brownie find me? Why did he come here? Was I in danger around Blake? Why wasn’t Blake freaking out like I was?

SO MANY QUESTIONS, and all I could do was stomp around confused, angry and on the verge of tears. I didn’t want either of them to die, especially not Blake. Because there was NO way he could hold his own against a giant wolf, and then people would come after Brownie and try to kill the wolf because he attacked a human, and…and!

“Shaylee!” Two voices yelled, coming up behind me. Leslie and Violet.

“What’s going on?” They asked, their eyes squinted at the forest.

“Uh..uh…uh..brown—wolf…Blake…fight…forest.” I mumbled out.

“A wolf attacked Blake, and now they’re in the forest?” Leslie repeated my words, to make them into a complete, understandable sentence.

“Alright, stay here. Don’t go after them, you hear?”

Then not but three seconds later, loud yelps came from downstairs and three wolves darted out of the back door below us. They were somewhat familiar. A raven colored black one that looked almost blue under the moonlight was off to the left side. An auburn one that led the way, his size almost matching Brownies, and a gray wolf whose long limbs looked too awkward to belong to him, flanked to the right, and they all raced with blinding speed to the forest.

My mouth hung agape, so the whole pack was out to get Blake? What, did he steal their favorite bone?

Leslie and Violet stifled beside us. Violet seemed to whine a little at the blonde. “Tell me you saw that.” She said.

“I freaking saw it!” I yelled, still in complete hysteria.

They slightly chuckled. “Don’t worry, the wolves will be fine.” Violet smirked.

“The wolves?!?! I’m worried about Blake! They’re going to kill him!!” I argued, throwing my hands up wildly and I couldn’t imagine what my face looked like right about now.

“So?” Leslie asked, cocking an eyebrow.

Oh my god, did they hate him that much that they weren’t worried about his safety?

Just then three dark figures jumped in the shadows as they lurked their way into the forest as well.

I squinted to see who they were, and I swear as they entered the mouth of the woods, I caught a glimpse of red curly hair.

“Fredrick?” I spoke out loud. Ok, this was getting way weird.

Before I could ask Leslie and Violet about it, two bodies jumped from the barely moonlit instrument room and tackled them to the edge of the balcony, that is before all four of them fell off. Loud girly cries echoing through the night.

Annie and Rachel toppled on top of my two best friends with hate-filled eyes and determination.

I ran over to the stone balcony screaming after the Witch and Jeanie as they fell to the ground below. I slammed my eyes shut feeling nausea and disbelief wash through me. What the hell is going on!?!? All my friends are suddenly dying!

But when I was brave enough to look, I saw the last remaining glimpses of a bright blonde wolf and a dark haired wolf running after Annie and Rachel into the lumber-filled battlefield. The two wolves swerving zigzagged like they were doing some sort of dance and howling playfully into the night sky.

…..

I had no more thoughts or comments. I couldn’t even make it out. I reached further over the balcony and saw that Violet and Leslie’s bodies were no where to be found.

With blinding determination I ran back through the party, pushing people past me as I awkwardly jumped down the stairs, missing steps and praying I didn’t trip and fall on my face. I continued to pass by scared, confused people as I made my way to the back door where the wolves had come out.

Karla and Michael were right their, talking animatedly to one another.

“Guys! Guys! Tell me you saw that too!” I yelled as I approached.

“The wolves and those people!? Yeah, a lot of people saw that.” Michael informed me as his huge eyes stared disbelievingly at the forest.

Ok, so I’m not hallucinating.

“Are you Ok dude!? Colton came to find you but I guess he never did. I was so scared after I saw those wolves that one of them had gobbled you up like Little Red Riding hood.” Karla asked, scanning me for bite marks or injuries.

Colton. Oh god, where was he?

Then I knew I was torn. Torn between not only two people now—but three. Actually two humans and a wolf.I wanted desperately to go into the forest searching for Blake and Annie and Rachel, but a part of me wanted to stay here and try to find Violet, Leslie and Colton.

“I-I’m fine. But one randomly charged Blake while he was trying to kiss me and then they just tumbled off the balcony and disappeared into the woods”.

“Dude. You lucky little girl. Nothing like this happens in New York.” Karla tried to laugh, brightening up the mood but I was still completely hysterical.

“Well. Harrison vanished while we were dancing, and I have yet to find him.” Michael grumbled. I could tell by his face that they had been having an intimate moment that I would have to ask him about later.

“Yeah, now that you mention it. Brian just ran off into the crowd and he hasn’t come back either.”

Shit. So more than half of my friends are out in the woods, and my boyfriend and the lesser half of my friends are vanishing magicians whom we cannot find.

I thought I’d pass out from overload of worrying.

I didn’t even know I was charging off into the forest until my feet were moving me, running me across the lawn.

“Shaylee!” I heard my friends yell after me, but that only encouraged me to go faster. I had to get to Blake and the rest of them. Maybe if Brownie saw me, he wouldn’t hurt them.

Maybe.

*

COLTON’S POV:

I wove through the trees, the wind whooshing through my hair at the speed of sound, the huge moon lighting my way, and the icy blue sent laid out before me. He couldn’t run forever.

Suddenly the sent stopped in a clearing. Dead branches and bright colored autumn leaves below my paws. I whirled around, in a circle waiting for him to appear out of the woods. A low grumble stuck in my throat.Finally, he stepped out cautiously. A smirk on his face.

“May I ask why, now out of all these years that you want to start the war?” He asked, leaning casually up against a tree.

My muscles rippled quietly and quickly as I changed back into human form. The menace still heavy in my voice. “One thing you don’t do is take blood from my mate. The second thing you don’t do, is kiss her.Bastard!” I growled. Trying to keep my bones from transforming again.

He nodded. “So you’re willing to put your friends; your pack, in danger then?”

I snapped at him. “They don’t have to get involved, I’ll kill all of you if I have to. You’re done you here me!?!DONE. You leave Shaylee alone. She is not yours.” My anger was boiling below the surface as I shook with control; my wolf not wanting to talk, just wanting to claw his fucking eyes out.

“She will be! It was written as ancient as the earth in our prophecy. You know that. It wouldn’t be so hard for her to chose if you weren’t hanging around all the damn time.” He argued his own face fueled with hate.

“She will be huh? What are you going to do, force her into it!? She doesn’t love you, Blake.” Obviously that hit a weak spot as he charged me.

No problem. My wolf smiled below the surface. My body crunching in a millisecond as I met him in the middle. My claws retracted to slash his face as he swiftly dodged it and offered a blow to my shoulder instead; I twisted to dodge it too. We fell to the ground as my paws jerked me off the ground, using the fall as momentum to, just in time collide my mouth with his upper arm. He let out a cry of pain, as I made sure my jaw clamped around it. Deep red, almost purple blood spilled from his wound. His fangs retracted and venom spilled out of them as his face contorted into malice and he hissed at me.

OH! I’M SO SCARED!

I growled back, snapping my jaws furiously. We circled once more, sizing each other up.

I changed back, wanting to figure things out. “Why would you do that to her. If you love her, why the FUCK would you drain her dry and almost kill her!?!”

Blake blinked in surprise, his face going back to normal. “What are you talking about, Brooke only took a little bit of her blood.” I scoffed.

“No she didn’t, the doctors specifically said that her body was practically missing more than three-fourths of her blood, and besides. I went to that little room of yours, Blake. Her scent was everywhere; a thick metallic smell that will never leave my mind now.”

He stumbled forward. “So she…she almost died because of me?” Looky there, he almost looks apologetic or guilty.

“Yeah, dipshit. You almost killed your ‘beloved one’ for the second time.” I mimicked his voice in a disgusted, annoyed tone. Sick to even look at him. He was a pathetic excuse for a living creature, let alone a vampire prince.

“I didn’t touch her!!” He protested, sneering his head as his eyes narrowed into a glare. “I was dying! Normal blood wasn’t enough. My family was desperate, they didn’t want to see me dead as much as you want to see your little sister dead, Sparks. Brooke knew, that only Shaylee’s blood would help. She did what she thought would help me.” He explained, his voice shaking with rage.

“Like I care. If that were my case, I’d rather die then see Shaylee drained of a single fucking drop. That’s why she should be with me, because you damn vampires put yourselves and your needs before anyone else.”

Blake rolled his eyes. “You don’t understand! If I die, then vampires will seize to exist, they will go mad without a leader. They will kill innocent humans and they will be hunted down and murdered.”

“Good. You fucking leeches need to die.” I didn’t feel a bit of remorse for him. I meant what I said; I’d rather die then hurt Shaylee. Or see her hurt by someone else.

“I understand your upset but I promise she won’t come that close to death ever again, although…” He paused, straightening up to determine something.

“If she were a vampire, I could drink her blood without it effecting her one little bit. Actually, it would feelgood. She’d love it.” He smiled evilly. “So technically it’s your fault she almost died. If you didn’t interfere with fate, then none of this would have happened.”

“SHUT UPPPGRRRAAA—.” I couldn’t finish it, my body transformed again and I ended the sentence in a wild snarl.

Then we battled for a good three minutes, our bodies twisting and turning as we knocked down trees and loudly collided into one another. He had only gotten one tiny blow to my ribs and I had gotten many bites and deep purple claw marks to his exposed flesh. He was losing, and I could care less.

As I went to charge again, three wolves leaped out of the shadows around us, coming into the clearing. Brian, Luke, and Harrison.

I growled a ‘back off’, and they looked at me as if to say ‘Are you crazy? You’re our pack leader, we’re not letting you fight alone.

But that was an order, and they stood their ground as Blake lunged for me. Brian let out a roar and I missed it just in time, running across to jump off a boulder to leap on top of Blake, but something hard rammed me from the side.

Fredrick stood over me, heaving. Venom spilling out of his mouth as he bit into my fur. I cried out as the venom burned away at my skin. But my hind legs managed to find flesh as they kicked and clawed.

He fell off, and tumbled away before getting up just in time to charge me again. Blake was holding his wounds off to the side as Harrison watched him with keen eyes.

Then all too soon, Brian lunged from his spot to tackle Fredrick to the ground.

Brooke came out of the shadows, and had Harrison in a headlock, but Luke managed to get his jaws around her ankles as she was yanked away from Harrison’s body and thrown into a nearby tree.

I smiled slightly, if there was one wolf that knew how to battle a female—it was Luke. Him and Violet have had enough practice duking it out one-on-one.

Brooke, angry and red-eyed lunged for Luke, when another Black wolf came out of nowhere and clipped her in the side. Brooke let out a shrill of agony. The black wolf tossed the blonde to the side before landing gracefully on a patch of leaves. She barked ferociously as if to say ‘back off my man’. Violet. Leslie appeared not too long after that, evading hard and unceasing blows by Rachel and Annie. The spunky white wolf was too fast and too agile for the greedy, rage-blinded vamps. As everyone else’s battles raged on, my keen eyes searched through the bodies for Blake.

Then, right before my eyes. The Blonde haired vampire leaped off a branch and onto my back, kicking my side and breaking a rib. I snarled, curling and twisting to loosen his grip. When it didn’t fall, I lurched my body sideways, shoving him into the trunk of a tree. The big tree cracked with the impact, and finally Blake’s grip was gone. I pivoted on my hind legs as I faced him. He was up in a split second as we stared each other down. His wounds were pretty bad, but were healing.

My rib screamed in anguish but I ignored it. I wouldn’t stop till he was dead. We were about to start up again when a faint voice heard within the trees made us halt.

“Blake?” It called.

“Brownieeee? Are you out there?”

Shaylee.

With one last hateful look at my sworn enemy I changed back. He fell into the blackness of the forest and I took off for Brian’s car, with the pack not far behind me. We had to change; we couldn’t just sit here naked, and then walk up to Shaylee. Talk about awkward. Especially if the girls were naked too.

We reached the car, and a few brief words were said as minor injuries were healing from Luke and Harrison.A decision to meet up later and discuss what had happened was organized. But right now, I had to get back to Shaylee and get her out of there.

*

SHAYLEE’S POV:

“Blakeee?? Anyone?” I shouted, feeling hopeless. I had been out here for ten minutes. Not too long ago, though, you could hear booming sounds coming from this direction. Like a mysterious thunderstorm within the woods. If anything, I’ve learned that if you want to find weird things, go after even weirder things. So that’s what I did. I followed the noises, but once I got to where I was sure the noise was coming from, there was nothing. Not a single person. And not to mention the mysterious thunderstorm had apparently stopped, because the forest was quiet again, as if nothing had ever been there. I’m not crazy. I had to remind myself.

With an annoyed, confused, and hysterical sigh, I took a seat on a near by boulder. The land and grass was torn apart like the wolves had been here. But they weren’t here now, obviously.

“Shays?” I jumped up at the sound of Colton’s voice.

He regarded me warily, but I understood I probably looked dirty, scared and not to mention that I was staring at him like he possessed five heads.

“W-what are you doing here?” I asked, my head pounding with the overload of confusion.

“Looking for you. Violet and Leslie told me you ran out into the woods, you had me scared to death. I was looking for you all night, and when I couldn’t find you at the party I went back to your house, but you weren’t there either.”

I didn’t move, I just stood there taking in everything. He had on a black undershirt that fit to his body and blue swishy pants with black lines down the sides. Like exercise clothes. “You changed.” Was all my brain could muster to say.

He nodded, treating me gently like a child who had just seen a cow fly over the moon. “Yeah, the pirate costume was uncomfortable and Brian always has spare clothes in his car. His job gets him dirty a lot.”

“Ok.” Oh, yay. I could muster an ‘ok’ as well!

“So Leslie and Violet are ok? One minute they were talking to me about those wolves. Oh my gosh! There were these giant wolves that bombed the party and then brownie chased after Blake into the woods and, and are you sure Less and Vi are ok because Rachel and Annie like attacked them and they fell off a balcony and—.”

Colton regarded me with an amused expression. “They’re fine.” He interrupted my frantic babbling. “They said after they fell off the balcony the two wolves came out of nowhere and chased the girls into the forest.”

I stared at him skeptically. “Ok...” Something weird was going on here.

“What made those wolves attack like that? And they seemed to only go after Blake and his friends.”

Colton didn’t say anything, and after a long moment of him doing nothing but stare at me blankly he shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t care about Blake and them, remember? I was just worried about you.”

I frowned slightly. “I hope they are all ok. I don’t know what I’d do if they d-d-ie…I can’t say it.” I felt tears brim my eyes and my lungs elevate with a heavy sigh.

“I’m sure they’re fine. I bet they are already back at the party.” He assured me.

“Yeah. Uh, Ok. Fat chance, they were being chased by WOLVES.” I told him slowly, as if he wasn’t grasping the danger of this situation.

Colton came up to lightly wrap his arm around my waist. “Well we’ll have to go see.” He informed me leaning down to peck my cheek. His raised his head with a cheesy smile plastered to his face.

“What?” I asked, wondering, out of everything that’s happened… what could have possibly been SO funny???

“You named the wolf ‘brownie’?” He stopped himself from laughing at my cold glare.

“It’s catchy, ok!” I threw my arms back in frustration and stalked off towards the party, with a laughing Colton behind me.

Brownie was a decent name for a chocolate brown wolf…right?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 4.5K 47
When (y/n)'s best friend moves to New York leaving her alone with only her mom to get her through the last day of 6th grade. But when her and her mom...
1.5M 51.4K 95
***This is not the full version of the story since it got published. The complete version is available on Amazon. Paperback and Ebook links on my pro...
748 28 32
This is basically a story line I made up in my head and decided to share. It's about two younger teens that live in a small town just outside of Hou...
1.4K 51 28
Kacey is no ordinary teenage girl. Years after waking up in a hospital, finding out she has no memories, and almost getting murdered twice, she is of...