Can't Love A Werewolf Without Getting Fleas [20]

I was so lost in his eyes, that I didn’t even notice him lean in until his lips were a mere inch away from mine.My body went stiff suddenly. His hot breath whisked my face, and it felt like nothing else was around.

Suddenly the last bell rang through the empty gym, and I jumped in surprise.

My face flushed, and the heat traveled throughout my body like a wildfire. I hurriedly put my flip-flops on and ran out of the gym before the awkwardness set in. I didn’t turn around once to look at Colton. How could I?

I can’t believe that was the second time we almost kissed. What had gotten in to me?

Did that mean… did that mean I had feelings for Colton?

Hahahahhahah. Yeah sure….

Wait…do I?

“Shaylee!! Ready to go shopping?” Brooke’s light, peppy voice made it’s way to me. I already texted Leslie and Violet the address to pick up my sister. I felt guilty making them do it, but I had totally forgotten about it until after this morning, and there was no way I was asking Colton. HA!

Still stunned by my second encounter with him in… that way, I turned to face Brooke.

Who was of course accompanied by Annie and Rachel.

FML.

“Yeah.” I lied. I never liked to try on dresses that could never flatter someone like me. My mom never believed in getting things tailored to fit me. She says I grew like a weed; awkward, tall, and skinny.

Eh, that’s my stubborn family for ya.

“Follow me.” She said, as she passed me, making her way to her car. I shuddered at the last car ride I had with her.

That one hadn’t been very… appealing.

She stopped and turned around, furrowing her eyebrows while she examined me. “Why do you look so rosy?”

“Rosy?” I repeated in a weak voice. Damn him for having this effect on me.

“Yeah, you look like you just got exposed in your thong to the board of commissions.”

Whoaaaa buddddy. “What are thongs?” I asked.

“Shaylee…are you serious??” Brooke looked stunned as she unlocked her car.

I felt my face go red, even though it was probably already red to start with.

“Yes…”

“Lord, we have a lot of shopping to do.” Annie and Rachel nodded vigorously in the background.

I just whined, trailing behind them.

Bah-humbug!

*

They must have dragged me to a million different stores and shops. Of course, they found something for each of them within the first five stores. But no, we were going on twelve, TWELVE and yet they still hadn’t found something ‘perfect’ for me.

I really started to regret not going with Leslie and Violet. They just seemed like they could make anything work for me. They seem to make everything work for them, where as Brooke hunts down clothes to fit her body like it was poured onto her skin.

Yeah, because we’re going to find any clothes on the UNIVERSE that will do that for me.

“Go try these on.” Brooke instructed with an unbreakable smile. “I have faith in these.”