Love Bite (Book 2 of the His...

By Rose_Wolf_

(If you haven't read His Alpha Her Omega then go ahead and do so, it will save you a lot of confusion) Highe... More

Chapter 1 Racing Home
Chapter 2 Finally Home
Chapter 3 Safe at Home
Chapter 4 A Great Morning
Chapter 5 worst Case Scenario
Chapter 6 Baby Bomb? The Midnight Pop-Tart Run
Chapter 7 Brothers Back in arms
Chapter 8 The Visitor
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The Interrogation, and the Unthinkable
Chapter 11 On Alert
Chapter 13 Wake Up Call
Chapter 14 House Call
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 Mate Madness and Luka's plan of attack
Chapter 17 Preperation
Chapter 18 A new pair of hearts
Authors Note: Please Read
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 Elliot's Heart
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26 She finally Snaps
Chapter 27 Who She Really Is
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45

Chapter 12 Pure Bliss

3K 103 15
By Rose_Wolf_

Previously, on Love bite   

"Luka do you want to start heading home, so I can starts taking care of that bad shoulder of yours" I say as I slightly walk by him.

"Yes Sophie, I'm coming" Luka says as he slowly starts to follow.

"Elliot you coming? Still got a long while before dusk" I say, looking over my shoulder towards him.

"Oh yea, I'm right behind you guys" Says Elliot.

"So am I" I hear Debby say as we start walking towards home.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

When we got home, Luka got to spend a whole three hours in the bathtub just soaking his shoulder. The water that was in the tub already was too cold, so that meant I had to draw up some new warm water before he got in, which I was only happy to do. After he got out we hung out with Elliot, Cody, Heather, and Debby, then when dusk came around Elliot had to leave to help Faya and Quinn try and sneak Alex over to this pack.

Pretty soon after that Debby had to leave as well, she had to go back to Den House, I've got to tell you, leaving a house full of kids unattended is not a good idea, they'd probably burn down the house as soon as she walked out the door. She said goodbye to Heather and her and Cody's unborn child, and of course Debby said goodbye to Luka as well. To say that women was thrilled by the look of Luka's human form, that would've been an understatement, overjoyed is the term I would've used, Debby was just a beaming when she saw Luka coming down the stairs.

Now its night time Cody's upstairs with Heather and Luka and I are sitting on the couch eating dinner, we're having my mamma's homemade spaghetti and meatballs, and so far he has very much enjoyed it. The little piglet has already eaten two bowls and is now working on a third, while I otherwise have just finished my first. I'm trying to stay calm but inside I'm on edge, the patrols have gone on now since late this morning but still no sign of Ace anywhere, but they'll still keep looking all throughout the night, the clock on the wall then strikes ten. Time for the ten o'clock check in, I think to myself and turn on the pack mind link.

"Alright guys it's time for the ten o'clock check in. Uncle, Keith, I'm going to start with you two, anything?" I ask them both.

"Still nothing yet Sophie, but we'll keep looking" My uncle replies.

"Okay, well that's good, keep up the good work" I say.

"Sophie wait" I hear Keith say.

"What Keith?" I ask him.

"Have you heard anything back from...?" I cut him off.

"No Keith, I haven't" I reply.

I then check around with the others and everything's clear, well, for now at least. I'm then snapped out of my thoughts by an empty bowl coming into my field of vision, the bowl is in a hand that is then connected to an arm, and I then follow the arm up to a face. I see him smile followed by the most dreamy voice I have ever heard.

"Here" Luka says, handing the bowl over to me.

"Oh, okay" I say taking it from him gently, and then setting it on the end table along with my bowl. "So, you little piglet, do you think your full for good this time or do you want to try to go for round four?" I then ask.

"No thanks I'm stuffed" He replies.

"You should be, you did eat three full bowls of spaghetti and meatballs, I would be to if I were in your shoes" I tell him with a smile.

"What can I say, I love your cooking" Luka says, giving me a smile himself.

"You love my mother's cooking, it was her recipe" I then say.

"But you made it" He says.

I then let out a slight chuckle. "Thanks, so, how did Alpha training go, well, I mean besides running for your life, I'm guessing that part wasn't all that great" I say, Luka then shakes his head.

"No, it wasn't" Luka replies with another chuckle, then he stops and clears his throat. "It first it was hard, you know the training its self, the hiking, the hunting and all, it would've been hard for me already if I hadn't had all of those injuries, but I could handle that well. What was really tough, was being away from you. I hated it, my wolf would stay up hours throughout the night howling for you, and your Uncle was the same. then I started to tell myself that the fastest way to get back to you would not to be to focus on the pain or how hard it was, but rather to focus on my training, and getting done, so that I could come back home, so that's what I did."

"I was the same way Luka" I admit.

"How so SophieJane?" He then asks me.

"Well it all started a few days after you left, my wolf started howling every night before I would go to bed, so I went to see my Aunt and told her what was going on. She then explained to me that since only one of us was marked that was normal, even though a case such as ours hasn't happened for over two thousand years or so, but that wasn't the only thing going on. On full moons I found it very hard to keep a lid on my wolf, she wanted to take control and go after you, so she could claim you as our own, keep in mind this is when I was still shifting outside with the pack" I tell him, Luka nods. "But I had pretty good control over her, I'd bet I could hold her at bay until the morning, until...I trail off and shake my head.

"Why were you shifting last night in the bunker?" Asks Luka.

"Well, one night six months ago, I had just shifted and I was heading to the meeting valley along with the rest of the pack. I could feel that the pull of the moon was, to me at least stronger that month. I was wanting to go with the pack, but my wolf was wanting to go somewhere else, though I didn't know where. As the minutes ticked on, I was starting to struggle over keeping control, then suddenly the pull felt like it became stronger, the last thing I felt was my wolf bubble up from within me before it all went black. I mean I didn't even get to see where I was going, it just went black."

"Okay, what's so bad about that? Luka then asks.

"It wasn't that Luka, it was where my wolf and I ended up" I reply.

"Oh, well, where did you end up?" He asks.

"I'm getting there" I reply, lightly punching his arm. "Anyway when I came to, I didn't know where I was so I took a quick sniff of the air, but only a second later I heard a very low sounding growl and then took off running. I had ended up in the Heart of the Ruby Stone Pack grounds, my wolf was trying to sneak through to get to Bloodstone Canyon so that she could be with you. Then as I was running, trying to get away I felt a sharp pain shoot through the back of my hind leg, and then it all went black again. Like Misty, Beta Chris found me the next morning lying in the meadow, the wolf tor one of my hamstrings, but it was a quick fix. A few days of rest later, and I was back running around."

"Was it Ace" Luka asks through his slightly gritted teeth, I then shake my head.

"No, I don't think it was, if it was Ace, I think he'd get down on his knees and beg me to take him back, I think it was one of his other wolves" I tell him, and he relaxes. "Anyways, after I fully recovered, I told my Aunt and Shelby that I wanted to shift down in the bunker until you got back, and I've been shifting down there ever since."

"Sophie I..." He trails off, and I look up at him

He then leans forward, our faces our now just inches apart and my heart starts beating in my chest, I then close my eyes. I then hear footsteps coming down the stairs. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" Shelby playfully asks, I open my eyes and pull away from Luka as fast as I can, He groans.

"No Shelby, it was nothing, we were just catching up" I reply, my cheeks getting warm.

"What I saw sure didn't look like nothing to me Sophie" She replies walking over and picking up the bowls from the end table.

"What are you doing here?" Luka asks her standing up, as she walks into the kitchen and puts the dishes in the sink.

"Luka, you may be home, but I'm still Sophie's housemate, which means I can still come and go as I please" She replies over the now running water of the sink.

"Well I know that silly, I meant like, when did you get here? We didn't hear you come in" Luka tells her, as she then turns the water off, dries her hands, and walks over towards the living room.

"I snuck into the house while you were busy talking to Debby to get me a shower after work" Shelby replies to him.

I smile. "So what are you planning Shelby?" I ask her, getting to my feet myself.

"Well after I run a load of dishes through the washer, I was thinking about turning into bed early for the night. Oh and speaking of which, hey Sophie, your little surprise is ready up there" She tells me.

"Oh thank You Shelby, Luka and I were about to head that way" I say, wrapping my arms around her neck, once I'm close to her ear and I'm sure Luka can't hear me, I whisper. "Thank you so much for doing this, for me, and for him especially since he has that bad shoulder."

"No problem Sophie, it was my pleasure. Now you two lover birds have better be getting up there, you don't want your candles to burn out" She mutters in my ear.

"No I do not" I mutter to her as we then pull away, I then turn towards Luka. "Come on Luka, it's time to hit the hay" I say starting to walk over towards the staircase.

"Okay Sophie, I'm a coming" Luka says as he walks over to Shelby, and throws his arms around her neck before he follows after me, but as we start going up the stairs. I stop and look back over my shoulder.

"Goodnight Shelby" I say to her.

"Goodnight Sophie, have a good rest of your night you two" Shelby replies back to me with a slight wink, before she walks back into the kitchen and starts the dish washer.

I turn my head back around so that I'm now looking ahead. "Hey, that was pretty smooth today" I say, turning my head towards Luka, trying to act casual.

"What was?" He asks, his head turning towards mine.

"You know, that plan you came up with during today's meeting" I reply.

"Really, you liked it?" Luka asks, sounding a bit surprised.

"Liked it" I can't believe we didn't think of it sooner, how did you come up with that all on your own?" I ask him.

"I just remembered something your Uncle told me when I asked him one day about that particular subject, do you think it'll work Sophiejane?" He then asks me.

I nod. "It just might, if things go to that point, we may have no other choice but to put it into action" I then tell him.

"Oh, well good, I'm glad I could be of help. Now, what's this I hear about a surprise waiting for me upstairs?" Luka asks me with a slight smile.

"You'll just have to wait till we get up there, and find out for yourself" I say with a smile right back at him.

When we get up to our room the door has been closed. Shelby did just as I told her to, I think to myself as we approach it. Luka gives me a confused look, like he's at the wrong room. "Hey, what gives, why is the door to our room closed?" Luka asks, narrowing his eyes at me. Ignoring him I twist the doorknob and slowly open the door, and his face lights up and is engulfed by soothing candle light.

"Now then, let's see if I can help that bad shoulder of yours out a bit, Luka, take off your shirt and lay down on the bed" I say softly, he nods. I then smile when I notice how fast Luka's whole body is relaxing. "But you might want to go to the bathroom before you do anything else" I add.

...

There it goes again, he let out another one, I swear this boy lets out a moan or a groan every time my hands go up and down his back, or when they find the sore spot on his shoulder. I think it's safe to say that Luka's pretty much enjoying this so far, with his body lying face down on the bed and his body looking more and more like jello and all, ether that, or he's just making all those noises to make me giggle, it doesn't matter for what reason to me, they are both working

"This is one of the other things I love about being back home" Luka groans, as I go up once again on his back.

"What? You lying here while I rub your back and shoulders?" I playfully ask.

"No" He slightly shakes his head. "It's that I finally get to relax lying here while you rub my back and shoulders." I giggle, inside the back of my mind my wolf is softly purring away, just as happy as she could be. What? You think I'm not enjoying this to. Sparks are going up and down my arms and all over my body like crazy, it's unbelievable. "Oh" Luka's voice snaps me out of my thoughts, I look down, and see that my hands have found their way back to the sore spot on his shoulder. "So that's why my mama said that."

"Yep, she knew what you wanted, then she told me, and she did it right under your nose" I say.

"Thank you mamma. Oh and thank you so much Sophie, the setup and the room both look amazing" He tells me.

"Don't thank me, thank Shelby, she's the mood setter of the pack" I say to him as I look up and around the room at all the glowing candles, without breaking any contact.

"So that's what she was really doing" Luka says.

"Well yes and no, she was really taking a shower after she got off work. However I know her routine, I know that every day after work when she gets home, she gets in the shower or bath, one of the two. When I saw her come in, I waited till she was in the bath room before I mind linked her and told her what to do, and then when Shelby got dressed and walked out of the bath room, she got right to work" I explain to him as I start to rub my fingers in a circular motion on his shoulders.

"I don't see Shelby as the mood setter type, I picture her as the shy quiet type" He says.

"Luka, don't you remember? When you were getting that oatmeal bath at the hospital, it was Shelby who brought and lit those candles, and then dimmed the lights for us when she left" I tell him.

"Oh, I remember now" Luka then says after he thinks about it for a moment.

"Shelby told me later on that day, once she lit those candles, it felt like an awakening to her. Now, she can set any kind of mood you want, and for me personally I think it adds to her loving and caring nature" I say to him.

"I would have to agree..." Luka says softly, but trails off when I hit a good spot.

I then feel a slight pop from under the skin of Luka's hurt shoulder, and Luka jumps slightly and lets out a big sigh. "Did you feel that Luka?" I ask.

"I sure did" He replies.

"You know what that means don't you?"

"No, what?"

"It means, you, are, done" I say as I stand up, walk over, and hop off the foot of the bed. "How does your shoulder feel now?" I then ask as I walk over to my side of the dresser, and pull out a nice clean pair of pajamas.

"It's aching slightly, but it's not throbbing like it was earlier" Luka replies sitting up.

"Yea, that will probably heal up by the time you wake up in the morning" I tell him.

"Good to know" He replies with a smile.

"Luka, I'll be right back, I'm going to go change" I say as I'm walking towards the bathroom

"Okay Sophie, take your time" He calls after me, as I then close the bathroom door behind me, and I emerge from the bathroom a few minutes later wearing a fresh pair of pajamas. "Hey Sophie, welcome back" He says as I see that he's now laying on his side of the bed, he said that as if I was walking through the door after a long day at the office.

"Luka, I've only been gone for a few minutes, but none the less thank you. So, how was that for a nice welcome home" I ask him.

"It was wonderful, you have improved in your craft since the last time I was here" He replies looking at me and smiling.

"Well, what can I say I had a lot of spare time on my hands, and thank you" I say as I walk over to the first bunch of candles on a love seat along the walls to the doorway, but as I start gently blowing on them, trying to put them out, Luka stops me.

"Wait Sophie, don't you want to mark me?" He asks.

My heart sinks. Honestly there's nothing I would rather do more right now, the one moment that I dreamed about ever since mine and Luka's last night, and here it is staring me right in the face, but for some reason I can't find myself to do it right now. The wolf part of me may get mad but I've got a lot on my plate from today that I need to sort through, and besides. Luka's here, he's not going anywhere, I'm assuming, and if I change my mind and I do one to mark him, I know he'll be right there. But what do I tell him? I ask myself.

I then look towards him. "Luka, there would be nothing more that I would rather do right now, but...I trail off trying to find the right words. "But I've got a lot of stuff from today I need to sort out, like the possible threat from Ace, I need to learn exactly what's going on from Misty, one of my pack members is now sick, and to top it all off, there's a huge stack of paperwork on my desk that needs to be done by tomorrow, I just, I... I just..." I trail off unable to finish/ Luka then gets up and starts to walk around the bed to where I am.

I close my eyes and brace myself for him to start yelling at me, he's probably been waiting and dreaming for this night for almost two years now, and I just ruined it for him. I deserve to be yelled at for this, I think to myself. I hear the footsteps stop, and feel my chin gently being lifted up, but I don't open my eyes. "I understand" Luka says, right before a pair of warm lips land on mine. This time I have a good reason not to open my eyes, a warm heat than floods my body as our lips then move in sync with each other's, I then take a step up to close the space between us. My mate's hands find their way into my hair, while my hands somehow find their way onto his shoulders through the darkness, and for a few seconds we stand there. I almost don't want it to end, but a few moments later we break apart, gasping for air. "I've wanted to do that since I woke up this morning" Luka says sweetly, I look up at him and open my eyes, and there he is just smiling at me. He clears his throat before speaking again.

"Look Sophie, I know you're worried about your pack, and I understand perfectly, you're on edge about Ace, and I am to. Trust me on this one Sophiejane, I've seen firsthand what kind of damage that Alpha can do when he's mad, I still have the scars, and I know my wolf has waited almost two years for it, but he also doesn't want you to be stressed, or on edge while you're marking me, and know this my love..." He trails off, moving my shirt collar so that it reveals my mark slightly, he then moves his hand over and places it gently on top. The sparks shoot through my body as soon as he touches it, and I let out a gasp. "When and where you decide to mark me, just know that I will be waiting for you, no matter what. To me it feels like I've been waiting a thousand years to be marked, and if we have to, me and my wolf will wait a thousand more if that'll make you happy."

I can feel tears start to bubble up inside my eyes, but I don't want to let them show, so I let out a giant yawn instead. "I'm also pretty tired" I say, still quite a bit of yawn left in my voice.

"I can tell."

"How?" I ask him.

Luka lets out a chuckle before he puts one arm around me, and then putting his free one under my knees picks me up bridle style. "You're moody. Look Sophie, I may not know a whole lot about girls, but I do know this. If a girl gets really emotional and she's had a long day, it usually means she's tired, ether that, or it's for the other reason" He says, looking down and letting me figure out the answer on my own as he walks towards the bed.

"Luka, you know almost everything there is to know about girls" I groan sleepily, as Luka then pulls back the covers, and gently places me into the bed.

"Yes, that maybe true, but I still know everything there is to know about this girl" Luka says as he then bends down slightly and gives me a little peck on the lips, he then gets back up and starts to blow out the candles. I just lay there, on the bed watching, as Luka blows out the candles, one by one. Then as He comes to the last candle, a small one that sits on our bedside table, he stops and looks up again. "Sophie, would it be okay if I left this one lit?" Luka asks

"I don't care" I reply to him sleepily again.

"Great, thanks" Luka says as he then trots over to his side of the bed and gets in, he then looks over towards the window seal, towards our bond fountain. "Looks like my necklace wasn't the only thing you kept safe. How long has it been running?" He asks.

"How many days has it been since our last night?" I mumble.

"Wow, that long."

"Aren't you supposed to be going to sleep to?" I ask, grumbling slightly.

"Well, don't we have to say goodnight to each other first?" Luka asks playfully first

I then turn over towards Luka, and give him a short kiss on the lips. "Goodnight Luka" I say softly and sweetly.

"Goodnight Sophiejane, I love you" He tells me.

"I love you to" I tell him.

Then we relax, and as I start to fall asleep Luka wraps his arms comfortably around my body. Just a few seconds later, we both fall asleep, listening to our bond fountain and watching the golden candle flame dance around the darkness.

======================================================   

So there we are guys chapter 12, hope you like it. Please don't be mad at Sophie for wanting to wait to mark Luka. I understand how she feels. I would me doing the same thing of I was in her shes. Let me put it to you like this. If you were a werewolf, would you want to mark your while you also knew your family was in danger. I also wanted to make this chapter part bonding time for Luka and Sophie, and I mean come on, Luka's back, he's been training all this time, Sophie's going to at least give him a back rub, and with a bad shoulder that's a plus.

As always to all of our new Emerald Shifters please be sure to keep reading, because we like to watch the numbers go up. Vote, because we love the support. Comment, so that you can give your opinion, and if you find any mistakes, feel free to let us know. Add it to your reading list and library, to stay updated. And share it, to get it out there, Bye guys.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

623K 21.3K 70
Highest ranking #61 in Werewolf 4/17/2016 When Sophie Peterson meets her mate, she realizes he's Luka, an Omega; the lowest and most disres...
30.4K 1.1K 42
Winter, a pack slave, also known as Pseudo wolf by everyone, designated omega. Broken beyond repair and she learned to embrace it. But never in her l...
32.4K 2.1K 46
A spin-off from the Rootbridge series. Callie's wolf is out of control and therapy isn't helping her understand the fragments of memories she has abo...
244K 11.4K 54
Luka was the best Alpha the Brightwater Pack ever had. That is, until he lost his mate and everything went crashing down in his world. No longer hav...