Whatever It Takes

By harmonyharmonie

After a series of airport mobbings in the year 2015, and a recent one at an airport in Colombia, Lauren had e... More

Need
Luna
Houston
Black
Coward
Was
1 Week
Breathe
Will?
Lucy
Camila's World
Surprise
Is this safe?
Birthday
Long Time
Not My Mama

Mama

1.1K 39 4
By harmonyharmonie

Whatever It Takes

9

CAMILA

Mani drove to her house as Luna and I chilled at the back of the car. It wasn't a long ride to her house, but it was getting really really silent, the fact that Normani was not happy with me bringing Lauren's daughter back home. 

"Tell Lauren you have her child." She said again, for the third time during this trip as I sighed. Lauren was not answering her phone, so what am I to do? I tried a few times already. I don't have the apartment keys, so where should I bring this child? 

"Let us settle down at your place first, then I will call Lauren and Nat." 

"Whatever excuse you're having, I'm not buying it." She sassed out. 

"I am not stealing her daughter, Normani." I said, tired from having this conversation with her. 

"You are, and you know it." She said as I remained silent at the back, not wanting to continue with the conversation. It's getting tiring. 

After a couple of minutes of silence, we finally arrived Mani's apartment. I've been here a couple of times already, and they just recently finally moved in completely. Mani and Masi are still together, and it's so amazing to think after all these years, they're still together. After all the craziness, if you ask me. 

"The house is still a mess. I'm sorry. We're in the final touches of the move." Mani said opening the front door as boxes were evidently sprawled around the living room. Preslee, her little Yorkie ran up to us, barking happily. 

"Hey Pres." I said as I felt Luna shift in my arms, looking at Presley.

"It's just Aunt Mila, Pres. And Luna." Mani said.

"Puppy!" Luna said excitedly as Mani and I both giggled. 

"This is Aunt Mani's puppy, Preslee. You want to hold her, Mija?" I asked the little one in my arms as she nodded her head excitedly. 

"Pessy!" She giggled excitedly as I crouched down, making Luna touch the little dog for a couple of minutes. Preslee being the sweetest dog, she was licking all over Luna's hand, causing for the toddler to squeal in delight. "Tickle!"

"That's enough loving. I am getting jealous." Mani said grabbing Preslee off the floor. "You know your way around, Mils. I'll just get lunch started, okay?" 

"Thanks so much, Moaney." I smiled at her sincerely. I walked to Mani's guest room as I felt Luna's head on my shoulder. "Time for a nap, little Jauregui." I said as Luna groaned on my shoulder. 

"No." She said whining as I put her down the bed. 

"What do you want to do?" I asked her curiously as she pointed to the TV on the wall. Well, this will make her fall asleep, so I guess TV it is. 

I grabbed the remote and looked for some cartoons to entertain this little green eyed girl. Thankfully, there was Disney Junior, and it was showing Frozen. The little girl made her way to my chest, listening to my heartbeat. I wrapped one arm around her, as my other hand found my phone. I really have to send Lauren a message before she panics. 

To Lauren Jauregui 

How was your days off? Where'd you go??

It wasn't even a full minute when my phone rang.

"Where the fuck is my daughter." Lauren was mad, and panicking. I really didn't mean to make her panic. 

"Lauren, calmante--"

"Where the fuck is my daughter, Camila?" She was now screaming on the other line as I heard Nat calm her down. 

"We're at Mani's house. We--" 

And the line went dead. I know when Lauren comes, I will be headless, and maybe hairless. So I guess I will savor my Luna moment before she comes and takes her daughter. 

--

An hour later, I heard the door open, revealing a distressed looking Lauren. As soon as her eyes found her two year old daughter on my chest, her face relaxed. Sighing heavily, she approached the bed. 

"My baby." She whispered, kissing the sleeping toddlers back. 

"Lo, I'm so--" She cut me out, shaking her head.

"Why didn't you call me as soon as you got out?" She said, worry still evident in her eyes. She sat on the bed, her eyes never leaving her child. 

"You were mostly out of service the past 3 hours. I had nothing to do. I didn't have your apartments keys anymore. So I decided to bring her here and let her rest." I said as she sighed again. "I'm sorry for scaring the crap out of your soul, Lo." I apologised. 

"I know. You didn't mean to. It was partly my fault too, so it's fine." She said laying down beside me, pulling her face closer to her daughters. She has her head on my shoulder, wanting to be as close as possible to her daughter, as she put her arm around Luna. 

"Where were you, by the way?" I asked curiously.

"Miami." She said casually.

Miami? What did she do there? What.

"It was a stupid decision to go there anyway." She mumbled softly, but I still heard her. Loud and clear. "My dad saw me." She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. I know it was hard for her. "But he just dragged me back to the rental car."

"Lo." I said sympathetically as I saw tears fall down her cheeks. She was crying silently, not wanting for her daughter to hear her. 

"I just wanted to see Mom and Chris." 

"I know you do, Lo." I whispered, putting my arm around her and trying to calm her down. She was muffling her sobs on my arm as I rubbed her back. She looked back up at me with those yes again, like she was pleading for help and answers. It was the same pair of eyes I helped through break ups, and men breaking her heart. Same eyes that I comforted when she was missing home too much. "I'm here, Lo. Everything will fall into place. It always does." I whispered again as she closed her eyes.

We both fell asleep, and the next thing I knew, someone was poking my nose, and giggling when I started flinching. 

"Luna." I said as the toddler squealed in delight.

"Mama!" She said as she sat on my stomach, jumping up and down. I groaned everytime her butt collides with my stomach. 

"Stop it, Mija." I said slightly pushing her off my body. She happily sat on her mother's back, jumping up and down.

"Luna. Please stop." Lauren groaned, pulling Luna to her chest as the toddler screamed in delight. 

"Mommy. Mommy." She happily said, kissing her mothers face as I could see Lauren's big smile. She was happy to see her daughter too. 

"Come on. Let's get something to eat." I said standing up from the bed, and being followed by the two green eyed girls. 

Mani and Masi were already in the kitchen, preparing the table for lunch. Nat was also there, and a certain blonde haired woman.

"Chee Chee!" I said running to the blonde haired woman, jumping on her back, putting my arms around her neck. "I missed you so much." 

"Oh Chancho!" She said hugging me extra tight, and then she let me go and looked up and down my body. Shit. "You look kinda chunky, Mila. Gaining some weight?" She asked as she put her hands on my cheeks as she squeezed it, hard.

"Ow!" I irritatedly pushed her off of me. "Whatever." I rolled my eyes at her as I saw Nat look at me sympathetically. 

Dinah froze, and I guess she finally saw the two green eyed girls behind me. Dinah pushed me off the side, to take a good look at the two Jauregui's behind me. Lauren's red puffy eyes were hidden behind her daughter's raven locks. And as the two year old felt the tension in the room, she stared at the Polynesian who was seizing her.

"Dinah, please?" Mani was closely behind Dinah, and so was Masi. I walked slowly to Lauren and Luna, and we were really preparing for the worst. 

Lauren was shaking, and usually she's the strong one, or the one who doesn't get scared easily, but knowing her daughter's here, and that Dinah is seizing her is different. 

"Come on. I'll fix you a sandwich, Mija." I said, grabbing Luna from Lauren, as the older Latina walked closely beside me, not wanting to be left with Dinah. The polynesian hasn't moved a muscle, or uttered a word since she saw Lauren and Luna, and it was scaring me. 

"Come on DJ." Mani said beside me as I felt a sudden rush behind me as Dinah walked to Lauren, holding her arm. The look on Lauren's face was pure terror, and she immediately closed her eyes, bracing for impact. But Dinah didn't hit her. She pulled her in for a tight hug, as Lauren's sobs echoed in the whole kitchen.

"Oh Lauren. You should've just told us." Dinah said as she was crying too. "We're family, Lo. We promised to be with each other, through thick and thin."

What Dinah was saying is actually true, and what I've been telling Lauren all this time. She has been questioning our need to help her out during the most difficult time of her life. Dinah released her from the hug, and Luna was wiggling off of my arms, hearing her mother sobbing.

"Mommy. Mommy." The little child was pushing my arms as I sighed and held onto her tighter. Dinah walked closer to us as she looked at Luna.

"Hey pretty one. I'm Aunt Dinah. I'm Mommy's friend." Dinah said softly, as tears were falling for her eyes. 

"Go ahead, Mija. It's okay." I said as Dinah ran her hand through Luna's hair. 

"It's okay, Luna. She's mommy's friend." Lauren said who walked beside me, encouraging Luna to interact with Dinah.

"You named her Luna? Luna as in moon?" Dinah asked smiling wide as Lauren nodded her head.  "You're such a hipster, Jauregui." 

"Chee chee?" Luna softly said, pointing at Dinah as Lauren giggled beside me. Dinah rolled her eyes.

"Auntie DJ, babe." Lauren said as Luna shook her head. 

"Chee Chee!" Luna repeated, louder this time as everyone laughed. 

"Fine. You can call me Chee Chee too." Dinah sighed kissing the child's forehead. "Come on, let's eat. I want to hear about Lolo's adventures." Dinah pulled Lauren for a hug and walked to the dining table.

"Is it okay if I invited one more person?" Mani asked.

"This is your house, Mani." I giggled, sitting down on the chair across Lauren and Dinah. We have spaghetti, and some toast for Lunch, with some bananas and grape jelly. 

"Good, 'cos my visitor's already here." Mani said as she put the spaghetti down the table. Masi walked his way to the door.

---

LAUREN

Mani said she'll have another visitor. Who could that be? Someone I know please. 

"Allysus!" Dinah screamed, getting up and running to the door. It was Ally. 

"A Fifth Harmony reunion, I see." Nat said, as everyone stood up and made our to Ally. Nat was already taking pictures as we all hugged Ally.

"Wow. I never would've thought we'll be complete again." Ally said tearing up as we all hugged each other. I didn't think this would happen ever again, actually. And I started tearing up too. 

"Aww Lo."Dinah said, engulfing me in a tight hug as I cried in her chest. I missed them so much. After all, they were there for me during the most vulnerable times of my teenage life. From moving to another state to reach my dreams, to accomplishments we just dreamt of achieving. We had numerous sleepless nights where we just stay cuddled in a single hotel bed, saying our industry doubts out loud, and reassuring ourselves that we would get through everything, as long as we don't quit and stay focused on the prize, and as long as we're together. But I let them down.

"I'm really sorry." I said again as I wiped away my tears. "For leaving and letting you guys down." I looked up at them and they were visibly crying too. "I didn't know what to do, so I freaked out. I had to run." I explained as they engulfed me in a hug.

"The only place you can run to is our arms, Lo." Mani said as I felt her kiss my head. 

"No cry! Stop!" Luna said, patting my head as everyone giggled. 

"No more crying, Mommy." Camila said, wiping her own tears.

"No Mama. Stop." Luna said, patting Camila's head as everyone froze. 

"Did she just call you--" Dinah asked confused as I shrugged.

"She looks up to Camz like a mother. They've been awfully close, so I guess it was bound to happen." I explained as I shrugged my shoulders. "Or it's easier than saying Camila. I don't know." I laughed as they still looked at me with a confused face. "Guys come on." I sighed as I heard Masi clear his throat. 

"Let's just eat, guys." Masi said as we walked to the kitchen, again.

"Camren." I heard Ally mumble behind my back.

"I heard that." Camila glared at them as everyone laughed again.

---

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 2.1K 35
The exact words he threw at my face still haunts my dreams every single night and I think I'm starting to believe him. "Wish I've never met you I...
146K 5.9K 29
"How can you say that?!" I yell at him. "It's simple Korinna. You and I will never be friends again. And you can sit there all you want and pretend...
359K 7.6K 32
"So you like cuddling with me?" she asks me "if I say yes can I cuddle you more?" I ask her "No" she says to me "Then no I don't like cuddling with...
1.5K 62 6
❝ we all live and we all die. so fucking what? ❞ It all started with a Diary. Six girls with secrets. A single diary with everyone's secret. No on...