Need

Whatever It Takes

1

I always dreamt of living in a different country, somewhere no one knows who I am. Wouldn't it be amazing to start fresh, where no one would judge you, and just be normal? Where everyone would treat you like a human being, and not a rag doll? I knew it from the start that I wasn't meant for this fame. I'm not okay with the lifestyle, and I am most definitely not okay with people digging up my personal life and invading my personal space. And when I found a reason to leave, I packed my bags and just left, without telling a single soul.

I left my family, while we were in a middle of a vacation. I left my friends who were expecting my company the next day. I left my job, without even hearing a go signal from management. I left 4 girls who had the biggest dreams of kicking ass in the industry. I left them, and I also left my dreams in order to save myself from the misery I've been feeling the past couple of months.

I moved to a different continent. A different country with different cultures. It was hard at first, but I got the hang of it when I met more people, and got to know them better. They made me feel welcome, and at home, and basically been the family I was missing.

Now, it's 3 years later, and everything's been horrible for me. I mean, I know I had good days, but the problems I've been having just kept on coming, and I don't even know how to handle it anymore. The fact that the only solution to my on going problem was to come back to the place I left, and ask for help from the family I left behind.

A couple of days ago, I was so desperate that I called Simon. He always told us that whatever we need, he'll be helping us. So I put my pride down and just went for it. I opened my old phone, and looked for his number.

"Hello?" He answered with his thick accent.

"Simon?" I said, my voice already cracking.

"Lauren?" He said surprised as I felt tears fall down my cheeks. "Bloody hell Lauren! Where the fuck are you?" He screamed at the phone, causing for me to close my eyes.

"B-Bahamas." I whispered as I heard Simon groan.

"So you just wanted a fucking Vacation, sending the group in shambles? Are you even thinking?" He screamed again.

"N-no. I-it's not like t-that."

"What you did was the stupidest thing I have ever witnessed in my life. You totally ruined everything for the group, do you know that?"

"I-I kno--"

"You know what, I'd rather see you in Miami other than screaming at you on the fucking phone. I'll be in Miami for some important things. I'll book you a flight Jauregui. Hop on that plane or I'll personally drag you on one. Understand me?" He said angrily as I felt myself nod. "Your flight is in two days. Pack your bags." He said as he hung up.

I wasn't even able to tell him my reason for calling him, but part of it was asking him for a flight back home. But I guess I have to leave everything behind first, then come back when I get everything settled.

"I'll come back okay? I promise I'll come back, and you'll be better."

"N-no."

"I know. But I need to do this for you. Happy birthday, Nugget."

---

Simon didn't even tell me where I should go, so I just went to the familiar streets I grew up in. I took a cab, giving all the money I had in my pocket.

"Gracias!" I smiled to the cab driver as he smiled back at me.

"Welcome back, Mija." His Cuban accent made my heart warm, and welcome back home.