In Your Arms (Edward Elric x...

By smolbeanjenna

You've known the Elric brothers for as long as you can remember. When you were only 3, your parents died in t... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Author's Note #1
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Author's Note #2
Chapter Nine
Author's Note #3
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen: A Fourth of July Special
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Nineteen: Special Chapter
Author Q and A!
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four: Christmas Special
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Cover Contest
Cover Contest Results
Update

Chapter Eighteen

4.1K 142 127
By smolbeanjenna

(A/N: This is not the special chapter! That will be the next chapter after this. Meaning you can still comment your idea for the special chapter! I'm so happy. We hit 12k! I can't wait to write the special chapter. So far, one idea has caught my eye, but if anyone else has an idea, please comment. I'll pick the winning idea next chapter. ALSO, if you have any questions for me, please ask them! I'm also doing a Q and A. Okay, thank you guys so much. You have no idea how much this means to me <3

Alright, enjoy the chapter!)

You didn't sleep well that night. You were so worried, your little heart couldn't take it. You woke up early that morning, around 5:30, and checked outside to see if Alphonse and Cameron were okay. Even though you would have heard if something had happened, you just felt something off. Like another person was there, besides them.

You got up from the bed, your eyes still heavy, despite not being able to sleep. You walked down the stairs this time, being careful not to rush. Ed wasn't there to catch you this time. 

You opened the door quietly, careful not to wake Winry or Granny up. Walking outside, you felt the cool morning breeze as the dew tickled your bare feet. You rubbed your eyes, looking for your companions. Alphonse was standing in the driveway, with Cameron sitting down. You couldn't tell if Cameron was asleep or not. 

You walked over to them, becoming a little chilly. The rocks hurt your feet, but you managed to get to Alphonse. 

"We need to leave soon. I don't want Winry or Granny in danger.."

Alphonse looked at you and nodded. "I agree. I don't want them involved in our business, especially with Scar. I'm worried."

You looked over at Cameron, who was beside Alphonse. His eyes were closed.

"Lets wake up Cameron and Edward. We'll have Winry put his arm back on and then leave. Cameron called military services to come down and investigate the area around here, so we can leave quickly and try not to be followed, since he'll  be hiding or getting out of the area."

You nodded your head, looking at the streams of pink and orange, dashing into the sky, as the moon said goodbye.

You sat down, waiting for the sun to rise. You just loved sunrises. It was one of your favorite things.

Just a few months ago, you had reunited with Ed and Al. It felt like just yesterday, you were running across the big fields of Resembool, playing tag and hide and seek. It seemed like just yesterday you heard Ed's chilling scream for help.

You hated memories, even the good ones. Well, the good ones were alright. But with every good memory, a sad one is always brought to mind. You just can't help it. Your mind doesn't work the way you want it to.

Your smile faded a little bit. You wanted to stay here forever, with Ed and Al and Winry and Granny. And even Cameron. You wanted to live happily here, in this house, with all of them. But you knew it couldn't happen. There was too much going on. Homunculi, Scar, assassins.. they were all going after you.

The sun peaked over the horizon, waking you up from your thoughts. You looked up at Al, pushing your hair out of your face. "I'll go wake up Ed and Winry. We'll have to explain our situation and why we have to leave so early, but you're better at that than I am. I'll be back," I said, the dew on the grass drying a little bit. You got a splinter in your foot as you walked on the porch and into the house, but you didn't mind it.

Walking up the stairs, you quietly went to Ed's room first. Winry was not a morning person, and you knew from experience, so it'd be best to wake her up last. You opened the door, but you didn't shut it back. Instead, you stared at the shirtless Edward, layed across his bed in a weird way. with his hair down.

The sun wasn't up all the way, and his window was not facing the direction the sun was rising, so it was still a little dark in there. But there was just enough light to see him.

Why is he so handsome? Especially shirtless with his hair down? Do I deserve to see this sight?!?

Even with all those thoughts in your head, you smiled. You were in love with your best friend. You wanted him to know that, but he just couldn't. Not yet. 

You slowly walked up to him, noticing his abs. Gosh, he was just so gorgeous! You didn't know what to do. How should you wake him up? Just tell him to? Or shake him? Or...

Suddenly, you noticed his eyes were starting to slowly open.

Oh no! Oh no oh no.. if he sees me.. he'll know I was staring at him!

You decided to play it cool and pretend you just came in, totally not staring.

"Hey Ed, wake up. We gotta leave soon."

His eyes opened fully, but it didn't seem like he was listening. He just stared at you, his golden eyes looking back into you (color) ones.

Your gazes locked, seeming as if there was no escape. Why didn't you look away?

He just stared. And you just stared. And he stared. And you stared.

Even though it was awkward, you didn't care. Every time this happened, or something similar like this happened, your heart would race and butterflies in your stomach rapidly fluttered. And it was happening right now. Your face felt hot. You were definitely blushing.

Then you noticed he started to blush as well. And he didn't seem embarrassed about it, either. As soon as he did, however, you were set free from his stare.

"A-anyways, hurry up. Winry has to put on your arm. Then we're headed back home." You said, looking away.

"Y-yeah! Okay. I'll be down in a minute." He stuttered, standing up as you left from the door.

Your face was still hot. You looked down at your hands, and they were shaking. You wanted to tell him so badly, so badly how you felt, just hoping that he felt the same way. 

No. It's not the right time.

You walked to Winry's room, opening the door, not using as much caution as you did with Ed, for some reason.

"Hey Winry.. wake up." You said, nudging her shoulder. 

Why was it so easy to wake up Winry, but so hard to wake up Ed? You used to be able to wake him up so easily, just a push of the shoulder. But now.. since you were in love with him.. it was too hard.

"Mhmmhmhmm..." She murmured, grabbing her pillow and covering her face. 

"Winry, please, you gotta put on Ed's arm. You're done with it, right?"

"(Y/N).. it's early in the morning.. can I do it later..."

"We have to leave. I'll explain if you get up."

"Leaving?!" She yelled, sitting straight up from her bed. You sat down and started to explain what had happened. She looked sad, but understood that you had to leave, for her own safety.

"Okay. I'll go get the automail."

"Okay, Ed is downstairs. Do it as soon as you can."

"Okay, (Y/N)."

She sounded slightly ticked off by the tone of her voice. Did you sound rude? You didn't mean to. You just wanted her to, because you didn't want her to get hurt.

But she glanced at you and smiled. That was your cue to go downstairs and pack up.

You left, grabbing everything you had, and went downstairs with Edward, sitting on the couch, fully dressed.

You still imagined him shirtless, and it made you start blushing again. You hid your face by looking down as you sat next to him. 

Winry was down quick, already dressed, looking really nice. You wouldn't be surprised if Ed already had a crush on her. But he acted differently around her, not as soft as he did with you. He also never blushed around her. So that gave you a little hope.

Winry put the arm in place, fixing anything she needed to fix in the adjustments, and went ahead and connected the nerves, putting the arm on.

Edward gritted his teeth in pain, letting out a little yelp. It sounded kind of cute.

You smiled. At that moment, Cameron and Al walked in the door. They had already packed and were ready to go. Ed was moving his arm around, trying to get used to it. "Feels good," He said, twisting it and testing it out a little.

"Thanks Winry."

"Yeah, well, this time, don't break it. And stop being reckless and putting yourself into danger! You know better! All three of you."

You thought she was gonna throw a wrench, but instead, she started laughing and smiled.

"Please be safe, guys. I worry about you a lot."

"I'll keep them out of trouble," You said, smiling.

"Okay. Make that a promise." She went towards you with her arms out, and you hugged her back. "We'll visit again soon, that's another promise."

She smiled. "Okay."

She seemed so happy now. You thought she was mad at you for sounding rude, but she seemed fine. 

Granny came down to say goodbye as well, after Winry woke her up.

All of you said your goodbyes, and you headed out the door. You looked back, as Winry waved bye.

You walked as the sun rose, the four of you, heading for the train station.

You looked back one last time.

Winry was mouthing something, and you made it out clearly, somehow.

Take care of him. You promised, remember?

You smiled and mouthed back. 

Of course. We promised. I won't let you down.

You walked into the distance with your companions, waving bye to Winry and Granny one last time.

You didn't know what was ahead for the future, but you were glad you had Ed and Al by your side. And Cameron, for now.

You were ready for whatever was coming.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 48.1K 94
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
131K 4.8K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
235K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...