Enchantment

Von just-A_potato

*SEQUEL TO THE 12 ELEMENTALS* #623 in Fantasy Kicked out of her kingdom by Darkness, how does Melody rebuild... Mehr

Recall
Broken and Repaired
Unexpected Help
Twenty Questions
So Childish
Advise from a King
Long Ass Journey
Dragons and Demons
Stolen Moment
Dilemmas
River Valley
Armor
An Imp and Smiles
Finding Balance
What?!
Unity and Evil Deeds
Vampanesse
Fears
Familia
Sea Preferences
Long Speeches and Prepation
Dark Drama
Old Relatives
When to Accept Your Defeat
Spirit
Traditions and Rules
Glass Tombstones
Our style, Mr. Owl & that Kyle
Coronation Day 2.0
Epilouge
The Final Book

We Know

1.4K 116 88
Von just-A_potato

The group is back together with a few minor additions. Turns out, Declan found his Beloved. A wolf shifter by the name of Hso, a small hazel eyed blonde and she is nice and quiet which is the polar opposite of our funky Declan. They make an attractive couple.

Anyway, back to real time. Lance, Juto and Celia, Evelyn, Igor, tons of people I don't recognize and multiple rulers of different realms in picture frames with Arthur among them we're all cramped.

We sit in city hall with our army outside. This is the part about strategy; what we do, our attack plan.

The thing is, everyone keeps talking over each other repeating the same things. We aren't ready. Our army isn't big enough. Blah, blah, blah.

I turn to Reason and he dims the lights. All eyes focus on me. Perfect. In a room with some of the greatest fictional people and they're all looking to me.

"We are strong and ready. The sooner we get Laufeia's lumpy butt out of my castle the better."

An instant uproar.

"Juto, Arthur, Evelyn, Igor, what do you suggest." I said, practically screaming.

"The army is great, no doubt." Igor said.

"Yet the Enchantains have swayed little." Juto added.

Evelyn tapped her fingers, "We need an edge, you could say."

"Something, or someone, to tilt the scales." Arthur smiles.

"Who has that kind of influence?" Jordan spoke, I could feel the slight quiver of the ground beneath me.

"I may have the answer you seek," with a puff of green smoke Rumpel appeared.

I sensed what was going to happen and reached out to stop Reason from trying to harm the elf.

"Get the hell out you damn pathetic imp." Reason spat. Clearly someone is still bitter.

"Harsh," Rumpel laughed.

"Just tell us who can help." Ester snaps.

"No, I don't think I will."

"Do you realize who you're speaking to?" Jordan barks.

"Spoiled brats with authority?" Rumpel giggles. I had to bite my cheek to prevent the surprised laugh that tried to escape. I do admire Rumpelstiltskin's odd humor.

That is because you have odd humor also.

Smirking, I rise from my seat, "Rumpelstiltskin, I command you to give us 'the answer we seek'."

No one can refuse a direct order from an Elemental. Especially not me.

Rumpel smiled, an understanding flowed between us, "Lumen Bellator," then he vanished.

Making another round of arguments.

Aliyah, Jordan.

Lumen Bellator, place of warriors.

Izabelle, Queen of the Warriors. They fight in the name of Light.

Can she be trusted?

The answer didn't come from either of them, but from Zayden. Yes.

"We're going to Lumen Bellator," I announce. Louder, more vocal arguments.

Reason tugged my hand, "Melody."

"Reason,"

"He almost got me killed."

"Laufeia is Dark, she plots every detail. Either way I would've split us up to save our kingdoms. If getting those on Lumen Bellator on our side gives us a power-up, then I'm going for it." I say.

Ali appeared behind me, "That's the problem." I motioned for her to continue. "Lumen Bellator produced some of the greatest warriors ever. Send a tiny pixie and get back a war machine. Centuries ago, Izabelle refused to receive or send warriors. We can only guess why."

I rub my temple, "Will she welcome us?"

"There's no bad blood between her and the Elementals. I think she'll respond best if you go alone Mel." Aliyah nervously glanced at Reason.

"Alone?" Reason said in a tone that suggested I wouldn't be going at all.

"For you to get warriors from Lumen Bellator, it'd be huge Mel!" Jordan smiled.

"Anything I should know?" I gaze at my Ravenclaws.

"What are you talking about? You're not going." Reason said.

I smirk at his glare.

"You can't enter the place without Izabelle's say-so,"

"Be a Gryffindor while there; they admire bravery there."

"They'll probably test your worth, so don't hold back in a fight."

"Show that you mean business."

I nod, "Can do."

Reason got to his feet, "Melody, I swear on my damn life, if you leave,"

I pinch his cheek, "Sweetie, we are in a caring and committed relationship. Don't tell me what to do."

I throw my hands in the air, fat drops of rain erupt and splash the babbling people, silencing them.

"Train our army and keep promoting the Elemental name and that we're here to fight. I'll try to come back in time for the war. Be prepared. Melody, out!" I yell and then teleport, leaving behind a spur of rainbow mist.

Sweet exit. Zayden laughed.

*

And you're sure Lumen Bellator is safe?

Yes, little wave. I knew Izabelle personally.

I stand on the Sea Kingdom's water, feet away from land. It seems to be deserted, nothing but stones and a thick fog for miles.

I reach out my hand to the land and try to absorb what I can. I feel the ominous vibe that radiates, the same vibe I give those I don't wish to speak with. It spoke of forbiddances and unwelcomed and I found that terribly alluring.

Any other person would have ran screaming their head off because of the negative feeling this land sends in waves. It doesn't scare me; I'm drawn to it.

I walk onto the stone and a shock wave hits me. Magic, stronger and more ancient than anything I have ever felt, much more alive and embedded here than anywhere else in Enchantment.

I continue to walk until I see a glimmer. I back up and focus my eyes into extreme detail. The land is protected by a shield that I don't know the properties of.

The hairs on my arms rise and I acknowledge the fact that I am being watched.

"Hola, I'm-"

"We know."

"Okay, good! I am here to-"

"We know."

"Excellent! I would like to talk with-"

"We know."

I put a hand on my hip, "Perfect, let me get in."

"You think because of your title that you can go anywhere?"

Tapping my finger on my lip I say, "As future queen, yes, I do."

"Clearly. You're wrong."

I sigh dramatically then recall what Ali and Jordan had advised me to do, "How can I prove I'm good enough to speak with Izabelle."

I am greeted by silence.

"List your fears."

I roll my eyes, "That's easy. Spiders, Death Eaters, strangers, orcs, dementers, fire nation troops, Volde-"

"I meant your actual fears, the one's that you can never admit."

"I am afraid to admit my fear of spiders."

"Then we are done here."

"No, wait!" I shout, taking half a step forward, as if trying to summon back the fading voice.

I viciously bite my lower lip. I have to be a leader right now; I have to prove I belong on the thrown. That I really can be a queen, save my people and live by Light. Confession time, Mel.

"I fear that fate made the wrong choice in picking me," I keep my voice steady.

"How."

I bow my head in shame, "I'll never be good enough. Not for Enchantment and its wonderful people, not for the Elementals. There are others out there, others who are more suited for this than I am. I have so many counting on me, I'm afraid I'll let them all down."

"There's more."

I frantically search the empty space, "Fine! You want to hear it all? I fear one day I'll wake up and think this was all a crazy dream. I fear I'll go back to being that clueless girl on earth. I fear of losing my Beloved, or any of my friends, to Darkness. I fear they will see what a fake I am and leave. I fear I'm going to break again. But most of all, the thing I fear with every atom in my body; Darkness.

"I feel it, inside me, not that deep down. I'm not scared of Darkness. It's here," I squeeze my stomach, "it's been here for a while now. I fear Darkness will steal my humanity and leave my empty and then claim me as its own. I don't want to side with Darkness and I'm afraid that one day I will."

I did not know you-

There's a reason for that. I snap.

"Melody Hope Saunders, true Queen of Enchantment, daughter of King Maxwell may he rest in peace. Izabelle has invited you to her home."

I wipe my self-pity tears, "Thank you."

Crossing over I see a tall, beefy man. The belt he wore had an assortment of weapons yet he had a soft expression.

"Ate, top Guardian of Lumen Bellator."

I smile, "Melody, top badass of Enchantment."

I see Ate is a fellow merfolk.

"Izabelle is quite happy you're here," I'd recognize that dreamy voice anywhere.

I try not grin as I say, "You're her Beloved?"

He smiles gently, "It's certainly a great honor."

"Why do you call yourselves guardians when Lumen Bellator means 'Light Warrior'?"

"In life we guard those of Light, but we have the spirit of a warrior."

I finally let a grin take my lips, "So it's like a fancier, gentleman-like name for warrior."

"Indeed,"

We walk on until I get whiney.

"Must we walk the entire way?"

"If you have a better idea,"

"Teleport!"

"The land doesn't allow-"

I lift us both in the air and push forward. "Telekinesis," I shout to Ate's bewildered expression.

+++++

Reason POV

I feel betrayed. How could she just leave like that? Did me telling her that I was in love with her chase her off? Gods, I'm losing my damn mind.

My Beloved is on some strange land I know little about. If anything happens to Melody because I'm not there to protect her no force would be able to stop me from burning everything to the ground.

Rationally, I know I shouldn't be stressing over this, it's not like she even loves me back. How could she? Darkness has made me its bitch and never laid a filthy hand on Melody. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

My girl is- no. She doesn't even like you. Why would she? A sweet and beautiful girl with an ass like you? As if. She probably lost a bet with Kyle or something.

That's not true. Melody is-

-deserving of so much better than you. What can you offer a girl like her? Stolen kisses and shitty gifts? Yeah, that's sure to impress her.

It has so far.

Only because she needs an escape every now and then.

You can fuck off.

I stand, scratch my throat and go to the bar. Lately, I've been split into two people it seems. One side is the man I'm trying to be for Melody and co. The other side is an even bigger ass than what I used to be.

Sighing, I pour a glass of vodka and hold it to my lips, ready to take a sip when Melody's face hits me.

She wouldn't like this. Not one bit.

Who gives a damn about what she thinks?

Me, duh douche.

You let a bitch dictate your life.

Stupidly, I take the bait. Tossing the glass, I grab the bottle and chug the hard liquor.

When finished, I smash it on the wall. "Bleh," I said, my tongue hanging out of my mouth. Alcohol never sat well with me. Drugs did.

Great idea..

*

Kyle and Zane enter my room, laughing loudly.

"Hey buddies. What's the joke?" I'm clumsily sprawled on the couch, head lolled to the side.

"Dude, what's up?" Kyle asked cautiously.

I put on a lazy grin, "The sky,"

"He's that type." Zane states.

"Apparently."

I deeply pout, "Bullies,"

Kyle caught the scent around me as he asked, "Reason, are you high?"

I laugh slowly, "As a kite." I sway my hand in the air, making plane noises. Sadly, my hand-plane crashed to the ground because the pilot's an idiot that can't steer.

"Dios Mio," Kyle face palmed. I liked that motion and so I mimicked him. Several times.

"Mel's gonna kill us." Zane muttered.

"I'm not a child," I said in a very child-like manner, "I do what I want."

The they started deciding who would "tell Mel her Beloved is a junkie" and who would "get his stupid ass sober". Neither were particularly keen to do either task for obvious reasons.

I giggle and mumble, "Obvious reasons." Then sit up and take a swing of mead because all the vodka and tequila was long gone.

"Here," I shout, grabbing lose buds from the seat, "Pixie droppings," I throw it all in the air, laughing.

"He's loco,"

Then Cherry came in, "Guys, you have-" when she saw me her eyes widened and her face lost all its color.

"He's not, no, he can't be." She then couldn't seem to form a coherent word and kept stuttering. Maybe she's high also.

"Charlotte! Girl, how ya been?" I smile.

Taking all of us by complete surprise, her hair caught fire.

"Uh-oh," I sing.

"You selfish bastard! Things were going so well. Why do you always have to mess it up?" she screamed.

"Oh damn," I whisper and blink at her, "Two words," I put up two fingers, "Anger. Management."

"I will not let you do this Reason. Not to yourself or to Mel. Oh gods, Melody, she's going to be so heartbroken over this. Did you, for one second, think of what this would do to her?"

Guilt tried to take me. Golly, this chick can kill a high.

"Piss off," I can feel myself feeling again. I lean to get more of the magical green herbs.

"Hell no."

Charlotte kicked the table over and set every bud on fire. Fury roared in my blood but before I could act on it she got my sleeve and started pushing.

"Chill, mamasita."

Somehow, I'm thrown in the bath tub.

"What?"

Charlotte then attacks me with the shower head.

The cold water hits my warm skin, effectively bringing me out of my high.

I stumble out, the alcohol is still strong. "Knock it off!"

"Why Reason, why?"

"This is me, Charlotte! This is all me! I'm the one who fucks up and that will always be me."

"Liar! You were changing, she was changing you. I saw it, Reason." Then she just has to go and cry.

"INTO SOMETHING THAT WASN'T ME!"

"You're more than this, Reason. That's what I used to think but I stand corrected." Her fire lost its flame and she calmly left the room.

I punch the mirror then pace back and forth, trying to think.

I stare into the cracked mirror and rip off my shirt. I see how bright red Fire is glowing. My eyes drop to her name. Melody. Damn, what have I done.

I stare long and hard into the broken mirror at myself, then say, "Who the hell are you."

*

Yikes, so much drama here. Remember, Darkness is in Reason, making him think darker than ever before.

So what is to happen? Mel is on Lumen Bellator but will that be enough? How will she react to Reason? We'll have to find out!

VOTE!

COMMENT!

ENJOY!

~Peace

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

660K 27.4K 45
(NOT EDITED AT ALL) (LOTS OF GRAMMAR ERRORS) (I was young when I wrote this lol) "You're special, fire boy," the man grins, "you and the others are...
190K 12.7K 41
***FINISHED! AND FULLY UPLOADED*** "Your friend was right," the villain says, tilting her chin towards the moon. My mouth's on autopilot now as I men...
6.4K 275 25
'Honestly,getting banished from my own hometown Harmonia to an strange unknown school is the least worst thing that i had expected to happen to me.. ...
2.1M 17.4K 83
There's no reason. No explanation. No scientific function, for what is about to happen. No one knows who, or when or where or why. But it's going to...