The Makeover

By Spg041

Ugly. That's what she was. And then a year later, she's stunningly beautiful. Beautiful is an understatement... More

The Makeover
Planning
Oh gosh
What NOT to Wear
Stupid Quiz
Hair and Makeup
Workout
Dieting
The comebacks
Use the force
Seductiveness
Partayy
I don't have a chapter name
First Day
Getting Nowhere
Sneakin Out
New Guy
Brusters and B*tches
A date with James
How interesting...
Baby pictures? I don't think so mother.
SUPRISE!
Birthday
Hiking?
The great outdoors
Strolling
Descisions, Descisions
My lovey:)
Harsh Relations
Tryouts
The Truth Comes Out
Macaroni like yeah
Confrontation
And the lightbulb goes off...
NoT so predictable after all
Reaction
Call the Cops!
You Only Live Once
Lake
Lake Part 2
NEW UPDATE COOL CATS
L-O-V-E
The name caller
Milkshakes
Stolen Away
Trapped
Eye openings
Morals
help me
The End
Epilogue
NEW STORY
Spin-Off Teaser
Not So Innocent
New story
A/N (Read if you want idk haha)

Accepted Amber? NO

216K 2.6K 1.6K
By Spg041

I am such a procrastinator. I saved up all my homework and studying until today: Sunday. I haven't hung out with my friends all weekend because of the dates. I feel bad. In the bathroom, I splash some water on my face in a fail attempt to wake myself up. I sigh realizing it's going to be a long day. I carry my backpack and pull it on top of my bed deciding to get to work.

Not even five minutes into my studying and working, I hear the sliding of a window.

Next thing I know I hear James say, "You can do this James. You’re the man." And he plops into my room almost missing my window.

"James!"

"It’s okay. I had confidence I was going to make the jump, but it's nice to know you're concerned."

"No it's not that, but you can't just come barging in my room; especially when it’s in the early hotdog morning when I'm not dressed." I scold him.

"Wow nice to know you value my safety."

"Yeah, that to. Don't jump from your window to mine! You'll fall and break your neck one day!"

"That’s better. And about the whole coming into your room whenever-I-want thing, what do you want me to do - knock?" He asked, being smart with me.

I was about to respond when he started laughing. He can’t knock on my window. "Oh stop those girlish giggles. I'm keeping my window closed from now on."

"But fresh air’s good for yah Addie."

"Maybe so, but this encounter is not having a very positive effect on my grades. Now shoo! I need to complete this homework and study."

"You can just copy mine. I already finished it yesterday."

"That’s cheating."

"I prefer to think of it as smart strategy." James says, smiling.

"Thanks, but no."

"Okay then." He says as he hops back inside his own room.

I begin to get back to my school-work, but I can't stop thinking about James. I'm really distracted, so I decide to take a break. I go downstairs to the kitchen and eat some oatmeal. It burns my tongue at first, but then I gulp down some milk and it cools down inside my mouth.

I take my iPod out of the charging dock after putting my dishes in the sink. I put in my earphones and go back to my bedroom. Time flies by while I listen to music and it's already 6:00 when I finish everything I have to do. Realising I haven't even eaten lunch or a snack yet, I call for a pizza. My mom hasn't been home all day because she's out of the state on a business trip.

Waiting for dinner, I turn on the television. Nothing really good is on and I don't really pay attention to the characters on the screen.

The sound of the doorbell ringing startles me and I jump a little. Regaining my composure, I walk towards the door with a wad of cash.

"Tyler?" I ask in disbelief as I see Tyler actually has a job. His alters are rather well-off. He doesn't need one!

"Oh! Addison! I forgot this was your house!" He says awkwardly looking down and blushing.

"Yep. This is where I live." I said nodding not knowing what else to say.

"Well here is your pepperoni pizza!" He says handing me the small pizza in exchange for my dollar bills.

"Thank you!" Tyler says about to leave.

"Hey! Um...Tyler?" I ask

"Yeah?"

"Is this for money for Amber?"

"Yeah I heard this stuff got really expensive so I’m saving up."

"You’re going to be a good father." I say.

"I have to be. It's my fault Amber’s pregnant in the first place!"

"It’s both of your faults honestly, but don't beat yourself up about it. There's no going back now."

"Yeah. I guess you’re right.  Wait, how did you know Amber’s pregnant?"

"She told me."

"What? Wow. That's weird." He says leaving, and I close the door with a warm pizza burning the palm of my hand.

I eat quietly and then decide to go to bed. I am mentally exhausted from all that thinking I did today. I fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

The next day at school I was swarmed with questions from me.

"How was the date with James?" asked Cassie.

"Great!"

"So you won't date my brother?" She asked hopefully.

"I haven't ruled Noah out yet Cass." She groans.

"Noah? Really? You have horrible taste. I sort of want you to date him so we have the possibility of being related one day, but he's just...ick."

I laugh, "He’s sweet. And why are you so anti-Noah now? You were perfectly fine with the idea before."

"I used my noggin and thought about it for a minute longer."

Cassie parts and goes to her English class.

Walking into mine, I sit down next to Lily. "Sup?"

One word is all I said to make her go into a long rant.

"Ohmygosh! Hi! I haven't seen you in forevs! How were your sates! James seems like a dou*he by what you tell me, so I hope Noah's date went better! I like him better! I've known him longer! He's a good person!"

So one of my friends is pro-Noah and the other pro-James (A/N what team are you guys? Comment). Great. I wonder what Alexx is...

After first period, I see Alexx alone in the courtyard. The courtyard is really beautiful; it has flowers and plant species of all kinds! It's really peaceful and I hear a bird chirping in one of the large trees.

"Shut up you dumb birdy!" Alexx shouts and throws a rock at the tree not yet noticing my presence.

"Alexx! No! That's mean, the poor thing!" I say worriedly as a blue jay comes to fly out from the tree.

"It’s also mean to piss me off. Isn't it? And that bird was doing a darn well good job of it!"

"Alexx, it is really easy to piss you off."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is."

"No." She says rolling her eyes.

"You know it's true."

"How’d your dates go?"

"Great thanks!"

"Who’s a better kisser?"

"Excuse me?"

"Who is a better kisser? James or Noah?"

"I don't know."

"You didn't kiss them!? Either of them?"

"I almost kissed Noah."

"Are you one of those no-kissing-at first-dates people?"

"No. It just didn't happen."

"Then how are you going to pick one?"

"I don't know. I'm really confused now that James is in the running."

"I see..." She says nodding understandingly until Amber comes barking in the courtyard.

"Hey Addison!" She says really happy cheery. She’s probably on meds of some kind for the fetus inside her stomach. She waves.

"Hi Amber!" I reply.

"Get out of my sight, Amber." Alexx says crossing her arms in annoyance.

"All I want for Christmas is a rainbow! And I want there to be unicorns! That way I can ride the unicorn to the other side of the rainbow to the leprechaun. And then I’ll take all his money and get rich! I love me some gold!" She says giggling.

"What drugs are you on?" asks Alexx.

"Nothing, I just had a whole thing of pills! It was hard to gulp down all at once with my coffee! I wasn't feeling good!"

Luckily, even whacky Amber was smart enough not to tell Alexx she was pregnant. A mix of coffee and pregnancy pills? Hmm...

"Excuse me Alexx. I'm going to take her to the nurse." I say grabbing Amber’s arm.

"Excuse me? Excuse you! Are you on a first name basis with her?" asks Alexx.

"Uh...erm..."I stutter.

"We’ve been BFFLS for like three days now!" Amber says counting on her fingers.

"What? You’re friends? Why Addison!?"

"I have a good reason, but I can't tell you what it is."

"She’s not your best friend! I am! And you can’t tell me why you're suddenly so close to the girl who sent you home CRYING last year? Who tormented you and insulted you so many times. I stood up for you and I even tried to help you stand up for yourself. But NOOO! You're just going to let people walk all over you! I can't even look at you right now!" Alexx screams.

"Alexx! I want to tell you! I really do! It's just not my secret to tell!" I explained.

"Don’t talk to me. I'm done with you. I've had enough with your excuses and the whole pity me act." Alexx says storming out of the building.

I hold back tears, but when Amber randomly tells me she wishes her name was Bob, I decide that she is my top priority.

"Another druggie?" The nurse asks.

Looking at her nametag, I say "No Ma. Heffler. Pregnancy pills mixed with caffeine."

"Whoa. I’ve seen a lot of things in my 47 years of nursing, but this is new. She looks like she is just overly hyper from too much caffeine and overdosed on the pills making her say weird things. Thanks for bringing her in. What's her name?"

After giving the nurse some of Amber's basic details, I go to homeroom.

Showing my teacher the pass, I take a seat next to Jay.

"Dude, something happened with Alexx. I saw her storm out of the building mad as hell. I swear: I saw steam coming out of her ears! Do you have any idea what happened?"

I sigh. "It’s my fault."

"Your fault? You and Alexx never get in fights."

"Yeah, I guess our good streak is broken." I say sad.

"Why is she angry at you?" asks Jay curious.

"I’m friends with Amber."

"What? Say that again?" He asks choking on his gum.

"I. Am. Friends. With. Amber." I say slowly spacing the words out.

"Never thought I’d see the day you and Amber wouldn't hate each other’s guts."

"Are you mad at me?"

"I’m sure you have a good reason for forgiving her. Peace is good."

"I do have a good reason."

"And that is?"

"I can't say. I'm really sorry."

"Don’t sweat it." Jay says taking this whole friendship thing totally different than his girlfriend.

"Thanks."

"You’re Welcome."

"Do you think Alexx will forgive me anytime soon?" I asked Jay.

"It should blow over by the morning. I would fret over it too much." Jay reassures me.

"Thanks." I say sighing and leaning back into the seat suddenly tired.

"Anytime." He replies.

Before I can talk farther with Jay, the bell rings. Homeroom is not very long as it is and I arrived late anyways.

At lunchtime, Amber comes to sit with me.

"Hey Amber, I wrote you a song." Cassie says.

"Um...okay?" Amber says, shocked whilst rubbing her head.

The meds must’ve worked off and the poor thing probably has a headache.

Cassie clears her throat. "Twinkle, twinkle little wh*re, close your legs, they’re not a door" Cassie sings to the tune of ‘Twinkle Twinkle Little Star’This song hits home and Amber runs out crying.

"Touchy much?" asks Cassie.

Lily just sits there silently feeling bad. She is one of the kindest people I know and she doesn't like to see people crying, even if it is was the meanest girl in school.

"Thanks a lot Cass." I say chasing after Amber.

"What are you doing? Addie!" She calls after me.

I ignore her and head to the closest bathroom.

Hearing sniffling in the last and largest stall I lean against the wall.

"I’m sorry about her Amber. Cassie's really nice. Once she gets to know you, I’m sure you gust will be good friends."

"First of all it is most definitely not your fault. It's not hers either. It's mine. What bothers me is that song is right. I'm just a good for nothing wh*re. A slut. No one will ever truly love me. I deserve it."

"Amber, don't say those things. You made a mistake. Big deal. You're not perfect. No one is."

"Sorry for being so emotional." Amber apologizes emerging from the stall.

"I get it. It is pregnancy hormones. I heard of them."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.3K 258 57
"Fuck." He whispers into my neck, sending a thrill of excitement through my body. His lips still smothered kisses over my neck and his hands roamed...
307K 11.5K 70
This story talks about a high school girl who's fat but beautiful. Everyone makes fun of her. Her dad's died when she was still in middle school, fro...
7.8K 313 25
Krystal is popular, rich, gorgeous and a mega bitch. Reese is floating through life after a tragic past. Initially there is nothing but pure physic...
537K 19.8K 48
Alex seems like a normal high school senior but she is not. Anxiety and her OCD rules her life. She had been called a freak all her life and there is...