Act of a Demon: The Dark Bloo...

By Lady_Lucia

The mortal world has fallen into chaos, and death reigns under Demon Queen Blethinette's rule. Mundus, Erian... More

Prelude
Chapter 1 - Cheerful Anguish
Chapter 2 - Midnight's Pastime
Chapter 3 - Parallel Orders from Parallel Worlds
Chapter 4 - The Vacant Room
Chapter 5 - Recycled Words
Chapter 6 - Through Chained Eyes
Chapter 7 - The Hollow
Chapter 8 - Shards
Chapter 9 - Lover I Don't Have to Love
Chapter 10 - Fatherly Advice
Chapter 11 - Better Than Nothing
Chapter 12 - Goodbye to Sleep
Chapter 13 - Aqua Oscura
Chapter 14 - Haven
Chapter 15 - Fabulous
Chapter 16 - Division of Power
Chapter 18 - Morbid Homecoming
Chapter 19 - Homely Growth
Chapter 20 - Clash of Fire
Chapter 21 - Crossroads
Chapter 22 - Acceptance's Absolution
Chapter 23 - Awkward is an Understatement
Chapter 24 - Doubled Delusion
Chapter 25 - The Ambition of a Queen
Chapter 26 - Shadows and Memories
Chapter 27 - Requiem for the Living
Chapter 28 - Collision of Dark and Light
Chapter 29 - Encasing Walls, Enclosing Thoughts
Chapter 30 - Therapy Part I
Chapter 30 - Therapy Part II
Chapter 31 - Mother
Chapter 32 - Relinquish
Epilogue
Author's Note - Please read!

Chapter 17 - The Chase for Valor

2.4K 179 60
By Lady_Lucia

17.

The Chase for Valor

Mundus was in the portal room. He had been there for the past few hours, sitting up against the wall near the entrance. For once, his mind was empty, and he was enjoying the mundaneness.

"As I told you, I am here to give you the information I promised." The Shadow's voice entered the room before its slithering figure.

Mundus lifted his head to see the Spirit take on its usual human-like form. He stood up from the floor.

The Shadow walked up to him. "Of Valor's death."

"Valor is meant to be Ayame?" Mundus crossed his arms. "Such ridiculous names you bestow upon us."

"Should I leave then?" the Spirit titled its shadowed head.

Mundus scrutinized it. The deep emerald orbs jammed into its black skull gaped back.

"You ponder too much, Power."

He sighed. "Simply relay your information."

"Whatever you wish." It shifted to Mundus' left. "All you need to do is ask what you want to know."

He remained quiet for a moment, eye cast down. "What became of Ayame upon her passing?" he finally asked.

"As you suspected, Power. She entered the realm as you, but unlike you, she did not linger there for long," it simply answered.

The demon stepped away from the Shadow, but its vacant eyes seem to follow him.

"To where did she depart?"

"Valor briefly returned to the realm of the living as a woman named Sakuya. Of course she was reborn with no memories of her past life, but it was her will to record the truth of her clan and family that drove her to reincarnation."

Mundus turned to face it. "The truth?"

The Shadow shuffled to the center of the room. "Valor wished to record the events of your battle. Of her death."

"If her return to the living was not accompanied by her memories, how was such a thing possible?"

"A trance from a past life. It only happened for a few minutes, but it was enough. This woman Sakuya put the Watanabe Clan's collection of records together and it was during that time Valor awoke and added her truth."

"Ayame's truth. Our battle," Mundus quietly said.

The Shadow stood in place, dark tendrils coiling around its body, as it waited for the demon's next question.

The demon prince took a step towards it. "How is such knowledge known to you, Spirit?"

A chuckle that sounded more like the wail of a thousand voices escaped the Shadow. "Our deal was to talk about you beloved Ayame, not about myself."

Mundus' eyes narrowed at the mention of her name, but he nonetheless asked, "Are you knowledgeable of her emotions as well?"

It seemed to smile. "Yes. What do you want to know?"

"Upon her death, her decent, and her existence in the various realms, what emotions lingered within her?"

The Shadow lifted a dark hand; its fingers were like black flames. "When she died, her emotions were raw and fiery. She hated you."

Mundus stiffened but said nothing.

"That is why she wanted the truth to be recorded," it continued. "As she wrote that day, I think something changed in her. 'Oh, Mundus,' Valor said before she succumbed back to Sakuya."

"How—"

 "I told you, I will not speak of myself."

"Does she still live, then?" Mundus face brightened. "Ayame returned once before."

The Shadow seemed to sway. "In this world you helped create, do you believe anyone to be alive?"

"Human life is still in existence."

"Not enough."

Silence reigned for a moment.

"To answer your question," the Spirit said, its magnitude of echoing voices filling the room, "Valor is and is not alive."

Anger fueled Mundus. "Your idiotic response harbors no sense."

"It is the correct one, Power."

A snarl escaped him as he glared at the Spirit. He then stopped, his eyes growing wide with understanding.

Mundus strode past the Shadow with the intent to reach the portal in the back of the room. He was stopped short by the flare of a giant Magika essence that flooded the entire castle. It surged and smothered all with its raw energy. It was Blethinette's.

 Mundus was grounded by its smoldering pressure, coughing. As he waited for the sensation to fade, the door burst open. He had expected to be summoned, but not for Blethinette herself to show up and call him.

Her mismatched eyes sizzled with fury and her steps were rushed.

"He has reclaimed it!" she steamed as she came up to Mundus.

He peered down at her.

"Your father! He was not content with humiliating me with his escape."

"It was obvious he would reclaim his castle upon his return to our realm. Why do his actions surprise you?" His voice was cold.

She glared at him, a snarl on her delicate lips. "Are you sure he knocked you out as well that day he escaped? Were you truly unable to stop him?"

Mundus answered with a growl of his own. "Is such an accusation?"

Blethinette met his scowl but resigned with a sigh. "I am sorry, dear. Erian's report, the loss of my fortress and soldiers, and Radi's failure to release the Superior Magika in the mortals that hold it...It is all aggravating me to ends I believed not to be possible."

She embraced him, resting her head on his chest. "I need you to remain here, dear. I have...issues I must take care of and I need you here. Do you understand?"

Mundus placed a hand on the back of her head. "Of course, mother."

She smiled at him and pulled away from her hug. Blethinette looked at the Shadow Spirit that was hovering at the back of the room and scowled.

"What calls your presence here?" she spat at it.

"I am simply keeping Power company. He can't be too caught up in his solitude, now can he?" it said.

"Do not. There is no need for it. Leave now."

The Spirit slinked across the floor and manifested by the doorway where it glanced at the two demons before sprinting away into the darkened hallway.

"Dear," Blethinette said and turned back to her son, "you have been distance as of late. During your returns here, brief and rare as they were, you would not linger in rooms by yourself."

Mundus grinned at her. There was genuine happiness in his smile. "Do not fret. All is well."

She eyed him, expecting him to say more. "Do visit me later on this evening. I shall discuss with you what I need you to do."

"Of course."

It wasn't till Blethinette exited the room and her energy level faded away that Mundus moved. He again made way to the portal's location. Now that he knew where it was, it could not be hidden and, more importantly, he was now capable of summoning it open.

He looked up and saw its wavering silhouette on the ceiling. Mundus grinned as the dull colors darkened into texturized scenery as his Summon Magika completely opened it. With a leap, he entered through the portal. Halfway through, there was a tug on his hand, shifting his body to cross over first and leave his hand for last. When Mundus pulled his arm, someone—the person who had tugged on his hand—exited through the portal along with it.

Her hair matched the flames flaring around the sword hanging from her waist. The smirk she shot Mundus was met by a frown.

"Radi." He rumbled her name in his throat.

"I am sorry for hauling on your hand, but our contact was required in order for me to pass into this realm in the same timeframe as you," she said.

He jerked his arm from her grasp. "What is the reason for your presence?"

"Perhaps I was curious." She shrugged.

Mundus shook his head and walked away.

"Hold on a moment!" She chased after him. "I am seriously curious. Why have you come here instead of meeting your mother as she asked?"

He gave her a questioning look but didn't stop his pacing.

"Of course I was there as well," she said. "Despite you being unable to sense me, I was indeed there. Oh? Have you learned something new of me now? Do you wonder what I know of you that perhaps you thought I did not?"

Mundus stopped and whirled to face her, eyes red with annoyance, when the sword by his side shone white as Lina stepped out. Despite her narrowed eyes and sneered lips displaying her blazing anger, it had the appearance of a disgruntled puppy.

"Leave Master alone!" she screeched at the fire demon. "This one knows Mother's guard was not with Master when Master was alone!"

"Lina," Mundus addressed her, but for once he was not angry at her unrequested presence. His face betrayed his shock.

"Return to your place, Spirit," Radi said and waved her away.

Lina's hands balled into fists and her purple eyes flashed with rage. "No! This one will not stand while Master is disturbed by Mother's guard! Master does not like you! I don't like you, you...you...bitch!"

Radi's mouth dropped open and her eyes widened. The flustered Spirit glared at her, hovering frame trembling. Their silent stare down was disturbed by Mundus' chuckling. The two turned to stare at him.

His giggles evolved into fang bearing laughter. He bent over with an arm around his stomach and a palm to his forehead. As he calmed down, he placed a hand on Lina's shoulder.

"Lina," he told her, a grin still on his lips, "you may remain outside of my blade."

She looked at him like a little girl being handed a giant bag of candy. "Yes, Master!"

Radi crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "It is no matter if I was present during your moment of solitude, Mundus. I am aware it is for that mortal girl Reyna you have crossed here."

He faced her, all signs of his earlier amusement gone. "For once, Radi, your ability to uncover the truth has failed you."

****************************

Author's Note: A little short but the next chapter should make up for it. ^^

Dedicated to Fanquinine for being awesome and reading, voting, and commenting on Inner Demon up to now. Thank you very much! ^.^

Also, I'm gonna start dedicating chapters to people 'cause I notice it makes people happy. I kinda didn't want to at first because I was afraid of not being able to "catch" enough people to dedicate the chapters to.

I obviously don't know who all the silent readers are, and even though I see people vote, I don't see or know everyone who does. I don't mean to offend anyone if for some reason I don't dedicate something to you and you are an acitve reader, but know I am just as thankful!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

360 16 14
We've been living completely oblivious to the secrets our world has. The supernatural world; however, is about to be revealed. Angels, Fallen Angels...
14.4K 1.6K 34
When Lenore faces an unexpected betrayal, it brings her face to face with a man who calls himself Kaiser. He's cloaked in mystery and his ultimate go...
146 29 15
«you don't deserve to be fighting. you're slaughtering us all, people who used to be our friends. how does it make you feel, knowing your a monster?»...
317 28 14
This is the story of a warrior Destined to born in the land of sins minecraft. Betrayed by her own fate. She is the lost End princess. Hungry for bl...