Ready or Not

By LEFT_BRAINED_CHILD

"Your mine," I tell her, trying to control my breathing. "As your mine." She whispers back, her sweet breath... More

Ready or Not (Unedited)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chater 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilogue
Teaser

Chapter 11

13.5K 432 19
By LEFT_BRAINED_CHILD

Austin’s POV

“Make sure surveillance and patrol are doubled not only in the designated areas of reported trespassing, but everywhere.” I inform Jeff, my Beta. I can’t have any risk at my borders. It’s not good for my pack and my mate when I finally get to bring her back.

“I will Austin. Don’t worry. We’ll get these pesky rouges under control.” Jeff assures me. “So, we still on for tonight right?”

“Um I don’t know man. I’ve only been back for two days and I’m still trying to get back on schedule.” I totally forgot about him wanting to celebrate our bachelorness for like the one-hundredth time. Little does he know, I am no longer a bachelor.

“Come on! We haven’t been out since before you left for the Alpha meeting. That was like three weeks ago! You’re my wing-man! Plus Mandy has been asking about you, and Patty has been hanging around the house again moping because you were gone.” Jeff smirks. So I knew I had a little bit of a reputation as a ladies man but I didn’t know it was this bad. I thought these girls knew it was a hit and quit type thing. No one could ever take the place of my mate, especially now that I’ve finally met her.

“Dude, I just can’t go okay?” I tell him, turning to file some paperwork.

“Bull. Tell me why you’re not going. Honestly, what could possibly make you turn down getting some?” Jeff won’t take no for an answer and crosses his arms in front of his chest. I choose to ignore him. “Hello? I’m waiting.” Ok so ignoring him isn’t really possible. “Austin, man, come on.”

“I FOUND MY MATE OK?!” I yell exasperatedly. “Is, that a good enough reason?” I level my gaze with his, forcing him to look away.

“Seriously?” he asks quietly after a few minutes of silence.

“Yup.” I nod to him confirming my answer. He shakes his head.

“I mean I guess I knew you find her eventually but…man…really?” he looks like he’s trying to convince himself.

“Yeah she’s Alpha George’s daughter. I’m picking her up to bring her here tomorrow.” I tell him, picturing her beautiful face.

“Wow, an alpha’s daughter. Nice bro.” Jeff nudges me wagging his brows. “You like her?”

“Of course I like her. She’s absolutely perfect. How could I not?” I tell him getting slightly agitated at his doubt in me.

“Ok, ok, just making sure she wasn’t some girl you met. I get it. I mean I don’t since I don’t have a mate but I kind of do.” He scratches his head awkwardly. “I mean well…” I decide to put him out of his misery.

“So we’re cool then?” I ask.

“Were good.” We bro hug and he exists my office. I then bury myself with my work so I don’t have to think about my beautiful Camille. If I let myself think about her I will surly go pick her up and bring her here right this minute.

……….

Knock, knock.

“Come in.” I tell whoever is knocking. I don’t bother looking up, and push my hand through my hair as I finish reading one of the patrol logs.

“Austin you’ve been working so hard you skipped lunch and missed dinner. I figured I’d bring you a little something to satisfy you.” I snap my head up from my work and am greeted by none other then Patty. Her long blonde wavy hair falls down her back and she sways towards my desk on stick-like shoes. She seems to be wearing some type of coat, secured with a sash and balancing a tray of what smells like chocolate and strawberries. I furrow my brows and turn my chair towards the clock. Did I really skip lunch and dinner?

“Thank you Patty.” I thank her and reach over to my stack of papers to attempt to organize them. From the corner of my eye I see Patty bend over to place the tray down and she tilts it too far. Before I can do anything to stop it, I find my lap full of hot chocolate. I jolt from the unexpected sensation, and push back away from the desk.

“Oh Alpha! I’m so sorry!” She doesn’t really sound sorry. There’s an unmistakable glint in her eyes. “Here let me help.” She grabs some napkins from to tray and falls to her knees.

“No Patty it’s fine I-

“I insist.” She cuts me off shoving the napkins all around on my lap and dabbing everywhere. “You might want to take these off, or you’ll burn your legs. That hot chocolate was pretty hot.” She makes quick work of the button and zipper. Before I realize what’s going on, my pants are around my ankles and she’s dabbing away at my boxers.

“Patty what the- really I’m fine I got it.” Nothing, she just keeps dabbing away and I am internally cringing. Her touch is not my mate’s. “Patty! Stop!” I stand up and effectively pushing her away, so she falls on her butt.

“Sorry, I was just trying to help.” She gets to her feet brushing herself off and forming a pout on her face. I refrain from rolling my eyes. How did I ever allow her to entertain during the nights before? She’s almost pathetic.

         “It’s fine. I’ll deal with it. I don’t need your help.” I assure her, dragging a hand down my face from exhaustion. “Thank you though.” I tell her turning and running a hand though my hair again.

“Maybe I could help a different way.” I hear her say. I groan. Seriously? When I turn to face her, the coat is on the floor and she is standing in front of me completely naked except her heels. My jaw hits the floor. I vaguely hear a door open as she pushes me back into my chair and proceeds to walk towards me. As she straddles me I am hit with an amazing scent and my body sizzles. Patty senses my sudden arousal and wraps her arms around my neck, but she physically repulses me and my wolf is begging me to figure out where that scent is coming from.

Mate!

My mate is here! That’s why my body and wolf are going crazy. I snap my head to the door and try to untangle Patty from me, only to find Camille standing in the doorway looking utterly crushed. We hold each other’s gaze for a fraction of a second but what feels like hours, before she hardens her eyes and swiftly leaves. Why did she look so hurt?

Look what you did! You hurt our mate!

The slams shut after her, jolting Patty upright. Shit! Patty. Camille saw everything! I frantically push Patty off of me and onto the floor. I assess the situation. Patty was naked on my lap, and my pants are currently still at my ankles. Of course Camille would be hurt! Shit! What did I just do? I might have ruined the best thing to ever happen to me.

Go after her! Fix this!

“GET DRESSED. I DON’T WANT TO SEE YOU IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN UNLESS SUMMONED.” I tell Patty, using my alpha voice. She blushes crimson, a look of confusion and fear crossing her face. I then pay her no mind as I turn to go after my mate.

……….

“She doesn’t want to see you right now.” I tiny raven-haired woman blocks my path once I get downstairs. I come to an abrupt stop to refrain from toppling her over.

“Jamie. You’re here too. Where is she? How is she? What’s going on? I need to see her! I need to talk to her!” I pause waiting for her to move. She doesn’t. My patience is wearing thin. “Jamie, do you mind? I need to go find Camille!” she doesn’t budge, instead crossing her arms defiantly.

“She said she doesn’t want to see you right now. If I were her I wouldn’t want to see you ever again.” She looks up into my eyes, raising a brow.

“Look Jamie. I need to go find her and I will. You can’t keep me here.” I warn her, my anger rising as my wolf paces.

“Austin. Respect her wishes give her space.” Jamie tries to reason, but my wolf and I are beyond reasoning.

“JAMIE. MOVE. OUT. OF. MY. WAY. NOW.” I command in my alpha voice. Even though she’s not in my pack, it has some pull and she must see my wolf peeking through. She does the smart thing and steps out of my way.

I’m quick to get out of the house. I sense that she made her way to the woods. I quickly strip off my clothes and shift. The earth gives way to my paws as I sprint towards her. I follow her scent and see a beautiful white wolf lying by my favorite pond. That has to be her. She must sense me, and she takes off like the wind. My wolf and I growl. Too bad for her we love the chase. She’s fast. I’ll give her that. She doesn’t know the land though, and I soon catch up to her. I pounce on her back and we tumble forward, but I make sure to break our fall so she doesn’t get hurt. After coming to a stop, I stand over her so she can’t get away. I breathe in her scent and revel in the feeling of having my mate near me. She growls beneath me and lower my head to her whining. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2M 652K 56
[#1 in wearwolf 6/8/17] "Come on Jenna. Just one word." He taunt. He gripped my wrist in one hand and trailed his hand down my side to my hips. His h...
5.1M 134K 37
Alpha Cross of the Macabre Pack was a ruthless killer. He was known for leaving pack after pack in a bloodbath with not a single survivor in sight. A...
631K 21.6K 51
I jumped to my feet and punched him in the side. There was hardly an effect. "You're weak" he spat, walking a step closer towards me. I growled as...
3.6K 282 30
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...