My Life As Emmalyn

Af lystrandra

(formerly known as My Bad Boy Stepbrother) This is not a romance where the nerd falls in love with the bad bo... Mere

My Bad Boy Stepbrother
I'm finally a high schooler!
Eastly the Beastly
Escaping from the Wrath of an Older Brother...
LUNCHTIME
Evil minions
Bonding time
Rumors, gossip, drama.
Rumors begone
Stupid overprotective brother
Mr. Hot Ass
My first date...
An Unexpected Surprise
Another chance
What started as a good day
Boss
Forgiveness
Pencils are dangerous weapons
A/N
Worrywart
Bloody Mary
Hospitals suck
Visitors!
Home sweet home
Birthdays
What the...
Lies?
Hangout
Don..
Patience is Key
Drop it
Beaches vs. Bitches
A New Chapter
A Plan in Motion
Cupcakes
Hugs & Kisses
A/N!!!
Firsts
Last
A/n
The moment you have all been waiting for (well some of you)

Meet my lovely godfather

66K 1.8K 477
Af lystrandra

"The game is next week! I don't want to see any slacking!" Coach Don yells on the field. "I will extend practice if I don't see 100% effort!"

I slide into the bleachers on the home side of the field. I take out my homework and iPod. Lying on my stomach, I start working away. I know. Jason likes to call me a nerd for always doing my homework as soon as I can. I like to say it's efficient time management. That way, I can do other things and have a clear schedule. I don't love homework. Rather, it's more like I get it over with as quick as possible.

Ugh. Why did I sign up for these classes? All the teachers give homework every day, even if it's only the first day of school. Hm, math is easy; it is simple algebra. Spanish is just vocab plus conjugations. English, I just have to read. Biology, I have Q&A's from the book. Art is just some quick sketches.

Concentrating, I diligently work on every subject from easiest to hardest work. By the time I finish, my hand is cramping. Hey, it's a new record! I finished in fourth-five minutes. It's only because the lessons were easy.

As I pack up my belongings, someone calls me. "EMMY!"

I look out on the field. Practice is over. Coach and some of the Varsity team are on the field. Everyone else already hit the locker rooms. I see Jason waving at me with a football clasped in his hand. He's on the 20 yd line. "GO LONG!"

"HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO 'GO LONG' ON BLEACHERS!" I yell back at him. "I'LL TRIP!" Instead of going higher on the bleachers, I drop my stuff and jump off the bleachers. I run to the 10 yd line on the other side, and he throws it. I barely make it to the 10 yard line before the ball comes toward me. Jumping high in the air, I catch it with both hands. The force of the ball catches me off guard and sends me tumbling onto the grass.

How wonderful. I have grass stains all over my clothes; I'm wearing a white top. I sit on the grass and inspect the damage. A hand sticks into my vision. I grab it and am lifted up.

"Thanks John," I grin.

"Nice catch," he laughs.

"It was just so unbelievably graceful," I chuckle.

"Em, not many people can catch Jace's throw. Plus, you are a girl." Wayne joins.

"Hi Emma. It's been a while since we last saw you here. You're getting rusty with your catches," Coach Don smiles.

"I am not!" I cross my arms. "I caught the ball."

"Yeah," Jace comes and leans his body on my shoulder. I frown at him. He always uses me as his armrest. He adds, "You fell rather clumsily though."

"Gee, thanks for noticing." I scowl.

"It's the catch that counts," Tyler sides with me.

"Damn straight!" I high-five him. "Dude, Sunny. You stink. Go wash up. I don't want to smell you all the way home." I inch away from Jason.

"Girls like me all hot and sweaty," Jason grins though I'm sure Rebecca would love him anyways.

"Eww. TMI." I wrinkle my nose in disgust. The guys chuckle.

"Everyone go wash up," Coach Don orders. "Emma, may I talk to you?"

As everyone leaves, I walk with Coach Don. "Yes?"

"Have you thought about being my manager?" He asks.

"Manager?" I gasp. "Won't that conflict with cheer though?"

"I feel like you would be a great manager. The team is already well-acquainted with you. You just need to warm up to the newbies." He rubs his chin thoughtfully, "I'm not quite sure how this would affect cheer, which I must say congratulations. It was a pleasant surprise to hear you tried out and made it. I'm proud of you, though it does create some problems. I can talk to Liz, I mean Coach Stevenson, about it. I'm sure we could work something else. That is, if you agree to my offer?"

"YES! TOTALLY!"" I beam. I clear my throat, "I mean, I would love to be your manager. It would be an honor." I jokingly bow.

"Well then, Miss Manager, it is an honor to have you on board." He bows back at me and winks.

"So, how is your mother doing?" Coach Don, or Donavan Romano, is actually my godfather. Don grew up with my mom, even though my mom is four years his senior. My mom had me rather young at eighteen.

Don is like my partner in crime and best friend. His demeanor is different than when he is on the field. He's actually rather serious and intimidating when he's coaching. When he is with close friends, I like to think he is much more easygoing, and if I dare say, immature. He is twenty nine years old, but he has the mind of a ten year old. I'm rather proud to say he was voted as one of the top High School coaches according to MaxPrep just last year. I actually forget to mention that our football team are still Division 1 undefeated CIF champions.

"She's doing well. In fact, her company will be featured in Vogue magazine for next month. " I cheered. Siobhan Armour Clothing Co. is finally becoming more popular. My mom used to be a model, but she retired early and started her own clothing company.

"Really? Wow." Don looks deep in thought. He has a solemn look on his face.

"Don?" I wave a hand in front of his face.

"Sorry," he glances at me. "We should go celebrate tonight!" He suddenly yells.

"We should, but she is in New York City on a business trip for the rest of the month," I sulk. My mom travels a lot, so does my dad but not as much anymore. Actually, he is my stepdad but I call him Dad since I never met my birth dad. Dad is actually a professional MMA trainer. It is quite weird how a model and a MMA trainer/fighter met each other. 

"Oh, then let's go out together and have fun tonight!" He cries spontaneously. His definition of fun sometimes turned for the worst.

"Today's Thursday! We have school tomorrow." I give him a baffled expression.

"Knowing you, you don't have any homework left. Plus, it's not like we are going to stay up until midnight." He tries to convince me.

"Alright," I relent. "But, we need to be back by latest nine, and I need to ask my dad." I make a deal.

"Alright. Nine o' clock," he gives me a sullen look. "You ruin all the fun."

"Why such a long look?" Jason comes between us and swings both arms around us. "Are you bullying him again, Em?

"I am not!" I glower.

At the same time, Don says, "Yes, she is."

"Don! You..."

"So what are you two talking about?" Jason inquires.

"I'm going to be your manager!" I jump up and down excitedly.

"Oh noooo," Jason shakes his head miserably. He faces Don, "What have I done to you? Why must you torture me? Now, I have to see her 24/7!"

I smack the back of his head. "Sunny, don't be overdramatic. We all know you love me to death."

"Why, yes I do." He grins mischievously and leans towards me.

"Wait, what are you doing?" I back away.

He gives me a slobbery, big kiss on the cheek. "Just expressing my brotherly love."

"YUCK," I wipe the spit off my cheek and onto his clothes. "Normal brothers would give hugs, or a pat of affection."

"Emma and I are going on a godfather-goddaughter bonding trip tonight!" Don interrupts.

"Remind me how the heck does he change so drastically?" Jason shares a look with me. "Is he bipolar or have ADHD?" he whisper in a serious tone.

"No, I checked." I whisper back.

"Hey Carters! What are you two whispering for?" Don frowns.

"Nothing!" Jason and I say together.

"Sure.." Don regards us with suspicion.

"Anyways, call David!" Don reminds me.

"I will. I will." I grab my phone and hit 2. I have my dad on speed dial.

"Yo daddy-o! Can I go out with Don tonight?"

"Isn't tonight a school night?"

"Yes, but Don promised to bring me home by nine."

"Alright then," he agrees. "Is Jason going along?"

"Nope. He's going home."

"Okay."

"Bye bye!" I hang up.

"Think fast!" I call out to Jason and throw my backpack at him. It hits him square in the face. Whoops.

"Sorry!" I cringe. "Good job, you caught it!" I give him a thumbs up. "Could you bring my stuff back home?"

"Your sisterly love is just amazing." Jason says with heavy sarcasm. "Since I'm awesome, I'll bring it home this one time."

"Thank you, oh awesome Jason." I give him a curtsy.

"Just don't do drugs, drink alcohol, or get arrested." He orders.

"Alright." I roll my eyes at him. 

"Not you," he tilts his head at Don. "Don't follow everything Em does. She can be quite persuasive."

"JASON," I lean my hands on my hips.

"I'm kidding!" He throws his arms up. "....ish. See ya!" He walks off.

"So...where are we going?" I face Don. I rub my hands together and smile deviously, "I actually have a great place to go.."

**

A/N Ian somerhalder as the lovely Don??(; may change but for now it's him

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

1.4M 33.3K 41
It was simple. He was my brother's ex-bestfriend and now enemy. I was supposed to stay away from him. I was supposed to be loyal to my brother and av...
118K 2.8K 40
I'm Emily Cox's this is my highschool story everybody at my school stand clear from me well, all the girls anyways, boys all want me. I live with my...
510K 25.9K 59
"Who do you think you are? You are just some nerd." He sneered at me, looking down at me like he already owned this place. I chuckled at his ignoranc...
14.1K 1.1K 43
He is a ruthless, invincible, notorious bad boy who is broken with indiscreet, volatile emotions, hiding a dark secret. She is a compassionate, inno...