Run & Hide ☠ Sequel

By macklemcvey

∙COMPLETED ∙ Book 2 of the K&R series ☆ DO NOT read this book unless you've read Kill & Run first ☆ ❝ I lov... More

Run & Hide
P L A Y L I S T
077☠
078☠
079☠
080☠
081☠
82☠
83☠
84☠
85☠
so close to losing my sh*t rn
87☠
88☠
89☠
90☠
091☠
092☠
093☠
094☠
095☠
096☠
097☠
098☠
099☠
100☠
101☠
102☠
103☠
104☠
105☠
106☠
107☠
108☠
109☠
110☠
111☠
112☠
113☠
114☠
115☠
116☠
117☠
Epilogue ☠
Visuals ☠
Q&A ☠
Thank You ☠
Other H.S. fanfics

86☠

16.4K 808 1.6K
By macklemcvey

Double-updated as promised my loves 💞

Yeah ignore those words in the gif BUT THE GIF IS RELATED TO THIS CHAPTER 😏

Happy Reading xx

t.m.

✖️✖️✖️

H A R R Y 🔫

My mood improved soon enough when Zayn left the club and the music resumed. Louis and Jade were taking shots while playing ridiculous games at the same time, spluttering out the most random and insane things I have ever heard. Some erratic secrets were revealed during these drinking games, mostly from Louis, that had me clutching my stomach in pain from laughing so hard.

At some point, Diego offered me a drink, insisting on me having fun and getting drunk with the rest of my friends. I was very reluctant to accept it, since bad things always happened whenever I drank. But since this night was going so well, and Zayn was out of sight, I didn't see what could go so wrong. Diego made sure the drink didn't have too much alcohol in it, mixing more coke with just the slightest amount of rum, so that I wouldn't get piss drunk and end up doing something I would regret.

As the hours passed, I began to drink more alcohol, asking for bottles instead of glasses. The alcohol helped me forget momentarily that I was still in pain, and just made me feel all light and happy. I was desperate for that feeling, to just let go of all my worries and sorrows for just one night in order to feel some sort of relief, even if it wasn't real.

"Yo Harry, let's go dance!" Louis slurred, hooking at arm around my neck as he leaned against me.

"Sure mate," I giggled uncharacteristically, leaning a bit too much against him we began to fall down. Louis lost his footing and we both fell to the floor, bursting into a fit of giggles.

"Man you guys are piss drunk," Vicky chuckled, gazing down at us with Damien by her side.

They both helped us up, but they couldn't escape the clutches of Louis and I as we quickly dragged them to the dance floor. Spencer, Niall and Dexter followed, Niall and Dexter clinging onto each other as they tried to walk without falling, Spencer following them behind closely somewhat like a concerned father. The dance floor was jam-packed with drunken sweaty bodies dancing along to the loud thumping music. But we managed to find a good spot in the corner, even though there were still some people squashed against us.

I danced like a crazy monkey, swinging my arms around crazily as if I was having the time of my life. I kept alternating between dance partners, first being Louis who was equally as crazy as me. Then it switched to Jade, then Niall, and finally Vicky. Vicky wasn't as drunk as any of us, but she sure loved to dance. An unfamiliar song came up next, but the vibe of it was provocative. Everyone was grabbing their partners, grinding up against each other and making out.

I blindly reached for Vicky, my hands grabbing her waist as I moved to the beat of the music. Confusion swam in the light blue swirls of her eyes, her hands awkwardly landing on my chest as she moved too. I grinned down at her, a dazed dimpled grin to which her own was triggered. I was completely sure the alcohol was messing with my head; as for one second it was Scarlett I was dancing with and not Vicky.

Without any further thoughts, I immediately pressed my lips against hers. As my mind was convinced it was Scarlett, I moved my lips slowly, pulling her closer to my body. My fingers tangled into her hair as I parted her lips with my own, sliding my tongue in. But as our tongues came into contact, something snapped inside of me. I pulled away immediately, noticing how the lips I had just kissed were thick, not like Scarlett's smaller ones.

My eyes froze at Vicky who looked up at me with her big blue eyes, emotions swirling around in them that were hard to decipher. My hands left her instantaneously, regret flowing through my body as I felt my mouth taste bitter after kissing her. Vicky's eyes searched for mine, begging for some sort of response, but I could only feel shock as I stared back at her silently.

"Harry," she spoke up, causing me to immediately part my lips and say a few words that I wish I took back.

"You're not her," I said bluntly, watching her face fall with hurt and surprise. Surprise I'd just respond like that so suddenly.

"I-I have to use the bathroom," she mumbled an excuse, turning to push through the crowd without giving me another glance.

"Vicky!" I suddenly found my voice again, calling for her but only to receive no response as she disappeared into the crowd of swarming bodies.

"Fuck," I cursed to myself, feeling regret hit my in everywhere. Regret for drinking in the first place. Regret for ever agreeing to come to this stupid club. Regret for kissing her, and saying those words after that.

I moved through the crowd, almost not noticing Spencer whom noticed how I began to look uncomfortable. I told him I was just going to sober up and go out to get some air, before leaving for the bar. There I drank about three or four glasses of water, feeling the alcohol in my system slowly leave as I drank more water. After that, I pushed my way through, trying to get to the front door but I was unsuccessful.

My lungs begged for a breath of fresh air, feeling suffocated in this disgustingly humid place. The smell of sweat, alcohol and sex wafting through the air as I grudgingly took another breath of air. I decided to go to the bathroom, needing to empty my bladder anyways. Since it was closer to the bar, I managed to find my way to it, quickly entering and doing my business before leaving. In the hallway of the bathroom area, I noticed large double doors at the end of it, labeled exit.

I figured using that exit instead of leaving through the front. My head ached terribly as I trudged towards the double doors, using all my strength to push past them. The cool nights air hit my face as I exited the club, my lips parting as I took a deep breath of fresh air, filling my lungs with oxygen. My hand rose to push my curls from my faces, which were beginning to cling to my skin due to the sweat that had gathered on my forehead. I scraped all my hair back into a small bun at the top of my head, securing it with a hair tie, something I've been doing a lot recently.

I was momentarily distracted by a scream of help, my head snapping towards my right to the rest of the alleyway I was seemingly in. It was too dark to notice, but there a group of men wrestling a smaller more petite body to the floor. By the sounds of the angry yells and shouts, the smaller person sounded agonizingly familiar to Vicky. My heart sunk in my chest when I recognized the male standing off to the side, watching the fighting go down with a cigarette dangling from his lips. Zayn.

"Vicky?" I yelled out like an idiot, causing all the men to halt their movements and spin their heads to my direction.

"Harry! Help me!" Vicky screamed at the top of her lungs, her voice muffled by a large bag that was clamped around her head.

Without any hesitation, I immediately began bolting towards them, pulling one man back and spinning him around, delivering a quick hard punch to his jaw. The man roared as I dragged another one to the side, swinging my fists at him too, but there were too many. I was suddenly grabbed from the back and thrown against the hard stonewall, my head banging against the stone painfully. I dropped to the floor with a heavy groan, shaking my head in annoyance as I still had some alcohol in my system; it was dulling my senses.

All of a sudden, a foot bashed my face powerfully, striking my cheek and causing a sharp yell to escape from my lips. I fell onto my back, eyes squinting up at the unfamiliar men who stood above me, grinning evilly. But one familiar man stood by my head; he had tissue stuck up his nose to stop the bleeding from Vicky's attack. He smirked vilely down at me, sucking his cheeks in as he smoked his cigarette, before tilting his head upwards and allowing the smoke to escape his lips.

"Look who's holding the upper hand now eh?" Zayn chuckled deeply, flicking the cigarette at me. I hissed when the lit end hit my face. "Finish him off until I say stop."

Vicky screamed out at Zayn's words, making me roll my head to the side. Two men held her back, a black cloth bag covering her face while she stood there with her dress almost torn in half. She struggled vigorously, before one of the men cursed under his breath, ripping the bag off her head. He threw a quick punch at her jaw that knocked her out, causing me to yell out loud, bolting to get up but that was when they began to beat me up.

My senses were too numb for me to process what was going on around me. All I could feel was pain. About five men were stomping down on my body with their feet, kicking and bruising every part of me including my face. All I could do was hold my arms up above my face in some sort of defense. For the first time ever I felt utterly helpless. A cry of pain left my lips when I felt one man strike my upper body particularly hard, my ribs cracking.

All I could do was to pray it would end. My eye was swollen shut, my mouth filled with blood that bled from my inner cheek. Both my jaws and pretty much everything else throbbed as the men kicked me, jamming their foot into my side, stomping on my face and body. But just as soon as it started, it stopped suddenly. I slowly opened my one eye, squinting at the bright moon that shone its slivery light upon my face before a single head blocked it. Zayn.

"Hold him up, I want a go at him," he grunted, before I felt multiple hands pull my throbbing body up.

My head lolled to the side, my lips parting to try and take a deep breath of air in before I began coughing, spluttering out saliva and blood that dripped onto my black t-shirt. I heard several snickers and sneers as Zayn and his men studied the bruised and battered version of me. I clenched my jaw, feeling anger rise inside of me as I lifted my head up, staring down at Zayn with the eyes of a killer.

"You think you're so strong? You're fucking pathetic," he snarled at me, taking a couple of steps closer as he rolled his sleeves up. I simply gazed back silently, my dark fiery eyes piercing through his skin with extreme anger. If only looks could kill. "Makes me wonder how the fuck did Scarlett put up with you?"

"You don't know me," I growled, my tone incredibly dark and deep. I was going to rip this prick apart. Zayn ignored my words, speaking different ones that snapped something inside of me immediately.

"Did you try her in bed? Did she suck like I said she would?" Zany snickered, making me struggle immediately, my face boiling with anger. "Whoop there's your weakness. You hate it when I talk about Scarlett don't you?" he grinned at me, a corrupt smile as I stared back at him, hoping my gaze was enough to rip his soul.

"Well let's talk about Scarlett then," Zayn agreed to particularly nothing I said. "Despite her being sucky at bed, I always found her cunt seriously tight and wet-" he went on before I immediately lurched forwards, gathering saliva and blood in my mouth before spitting at his face.

He made a strangled noise of disgust, backing away immediately as he wiped his face, looking back at me with angry eyes while I grinned at him, bloody teeth full on show causing him to physically shudder. He instructed his men to hold me back, tightly, before he pulled out a dark object from the waistband of his jeans. Once I recognized it, all the color from my face immediately drained. It was a gun.

"Not so brave now, huh?" he jeered, noticing my slightly fearful expression.

Little did he know I was just trying to put on a show, even though a part of me was slightly scared. He came closer, placing a hand on the wall next to my head before he brought up the gun to my forehead as he gave me a sickly smile. He parted his lips to speak, but I interrupted him when my head dove forwards, lips parting to bear my teeth before sinking them into the side of his neck. I stayed put as he screamed for his men to get me off of him, struggling as I began to taste the metallic crimson liquid.

Once he was dragged away, I pulled back, immediately ripping off a chunk of his skin with my teeth. I immediately spat it out, eyes darting to Zayn watching him scream in shock and agony as he clutched the side of his neck, blood spurting from the wound and trickling down his fingers. The next few seconds flew by so quickly I couldn't process what happened.

"Put him on his knees," Zayn choked, now pressing a cloth to his open wound as he held his gun with his left hand.

My knees hit the dirty ground, head yanked up by my hair, which a few curls trailed down my face, bun coming undone. He held the gun up to my forehead, parting his lips to speak again as I stared him straight in the eye, awaiting my death. But then suddenly, a voice echoed throughout the alleyway as a familiar figure stepped into the entrance of it.

"Spencer?" I croaked, my eyes widening.

"Harry?" he yelled, beginning to approach us.

I spun my head back, using all my strength to shove both men on either side of me whom held me down. They fell back as I dove forwards and threw myself onto Zayn, whom panicked and pulled the trigger. A single gunshot echoed through the air, a cry of shock following it causing my heart to fall. I snapped my head back to Spencer whom stood there far in the distance.

"Harry?" he said once again, but I couldn't tell whether he was shot or not as he was too far away. It became clear when he fell to the ground a second later.

"Run!" Zayn yelled, pushing me off of him before he bolted, along with his men.

I couldn't care less that they had disappeared now, only caring about Spencer who was sprawled across the floor near the front of the alleyway. My feet thudded against the ground as I tried my best to sprint towards Spencer, but as my ribs were cracked and my whole body felt like it was on fire I couldn't run any faster. Luckily, there was no serious injury to my legs; therefore I could walk, at least.

"Spencer? Fuck," I cried, dropping to his side already examining his torso to find the bullet wound, but there was no sign of blood there.

"Harry, up here," he croaked weakly, causing my eyes to flicker to his face, jaw dropping in horror.

Zayn had shot Spencer in the eye. How he was still alive was beyond me, but all I could see was a bloodied gaping black hole in the space of where Spencer's left blue eye was. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I noticed Spencer slowly drifting away to unconsciousness, making me slap his cheeks slightly to keep him awake.

"Harry!" It was Vicky. It seemed like she finally woke up, sprinting up behind me before she halted at the sight in front of us. "Oh my god," she gasped, hands coming up to cover her mouth.

"Go get Damien and the others! We need to take him to The Organization, not a hospital," I told her urgently, causing her to nod and sprint back to the double doors. I watched her disappear before turning to Spencer, pulling his head onto my lap as I felt tears prick my vision. He couldn't die; I wasn't going to let him.

"Hang on Spencer."

~-~

I had lost track of the hours that had gone by from when Spencer entered the operating room. It was three in the morning, and some of the others had gone to bed after waiting an hour or two. Most of them were still wrecked; Damien stuck with me since he wasn't piss drunk like the rest of our group. Once Spencer was taken to the operating room, I went and got myself cleaned up. My face was battered and bruised and my ribs were cracked, just like the last time.

"Can you please just tell me what happened?" Damien asked me for the hundredth time, frustrated that I was staying silent for this long. I sighed deeply, before turning to him.

"It was Scarlett's ex," I simply said, making him furrow his brows.

"And? How do you know him?"

"We ran into him once together, and things got a bit messy, not in a violent way. But then yesterday at the club, Vicky and I ran into him and we both kind of riled him up," I said sheepishly, causing Damien to shake his head at me.

"Why the hell would you do that?"

"You don't know him Damien, the guy is the biggest prick you'd ever meet. He assumed I was cheating on Scarlett with Vicky so I got mad and used past tense-"

"You got mad and used past tense, what the hell does that mean?"

"Don't interrupt me! But yeah, I did and he realized something was up and then I just told him Scarlett was dead," I muttered, the words tasting bitter in my mouth. I continued to explain the rest of what went down in the club, also telling him about what happened with Vicky on the dance floor because I felt like I had to tell someone for some odd reason.

"Anyways I think when Vicky went to the bathroom, she must've got dragged outside. I think they were gonna rape her. Her clothes were all ripped and stuff," I shuddered. "But I came outside just in time, and that was when his men started beating me up." I carried on explaining the next sequence of events, half of them making Damien's eyebrows shoot up in surprise and shock.

Just as I finished my explanation of yesterday's events, Sullivan stepped through the double doors that led to the operating room. He dug his hands into the pockets of his coat, before lifting his head up and giving Damien and I a very faint smile.

"Spencer's going to be okay," he told us, making me breathe out in relief. "But he is obviously blind in one eye. But he's alive."

"That's...good. But how on earth could he have survived a shot like that?" I questioned immediately.

"The shooter must've been standing quite a few meters away from Spencer, and must've moved the gun while he fired the shot," Sullivan began to explain, making me nod my head, remembering how I tired to pull Zany down causing him to panic and fire the gun.

"The bullet didn't go through the eye, it hit the outer edge of his eye, the orbital bone, which then shatters and ricocheted bone fragments into his eye causing damage and blindness," Sullivan carried on describing what had happened.

"Damn," Damien breathed.

"Yeah, Spencer got really lucky I guess. He's worn out from the operation so I suggest you two go to bed and visit him in the morning," Sullivan spoke quietly, ushering us away.

~-~

"Spencer," I breathed in relief as I walked into the hospital room. He was awake as Sullivan said he would be, but utterly exhausted. It was evident in the dark bags under his eyes and pale skin. "I should get you some food," I said immediately, moving to leave again but his fingers wrapped themselves around my wrist.

"No," he croaked, making me nod in response, sitting down on the side of his bed. He turned his head to the side gently, my eyes studying the white bandage that covered his injured eye. "You look like shit," he commented.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," I chuckled dryly, watching a tiny smile dip into his lips before he sighed, his single blue eye still examining my face.

"He really fucked you up, didn't he?" he whispered, eye trailing over my own left purple eye before travelling down to my bruised jaws and busted lip.

"Yeah, but I kind of bit him," I muttered, making Spencer's lips part.

"You bit him?" he gaped in amusement, making a small chuckle escape my lips.

"Okay I bit, and ripped the skin off the side of his neck," I said quickly, causing Spencer's eyebrows to shoot up.

"Damn you savage," he shook his head slightly, before licking his lips as he stared ahead. "He deserves it anyways."

"He fucking did," I pulled my brows low, feeling my blood boil slightly when I remembered his words. "He should've got shot in the eye."

"Well true, but technically, I wasn't shot in the eye," Spencer laughed lightly, stopping when he saw my serious expression. "What?"

"You got shot in the eye because of me," I sighed, feeling slightly guilty that he was half blind now, if only I didn't jump onto Zany so suddenly like that, he wouldn't have fired the gun.

"Do not blame yourself for this," Spencer said strictly, gazing at me with his one hair intensely. "You were gonna get killed! I would've taken this hit any day for you Harry," he told me seriously, causing sudden tears to prick my vision. "Oh please don't cry, I can't abide tears from you," he groaned playfully, causing me to laugh a little, wiping my eyes.

"I've never had someone want to do such a thing for me before," I cried, making him roll his eyes.

"You idiot, Scarlett would've done the same any day. She practically did though, didn't she? That time she fell off the building?" Spencer reminded me, causing me to bob my head.

"You're right," I muttered sheepishly, wondering why the fuck was I freaking crying.

"I miss her."

"I miss her too, Harry. But we're gonna be just fine without her. Okay?"

"Okay," I smiled.

✖️✖️✖️

💀 that chapter was long AF BUT DID YA LIKE IT! That gif was from the walking dead but it's supposed to provide visual aid from Harry ripped the skin off Zayn's neck with his teeth lmao. SAVAGE.

💀 remember what I said before about asking questions about Scarlett? Yeah just don't ask questions, I don't want to spoil anything I hope you guys understand that 😫😫😫

My boo MapleLeafx made these amazinggggg fan trailers for me and they literally gave me chills like omg. Thank you so much babe 💘

Here's the first one for Kill & Run

And here's the Run & Hide one (my favorite out of the two)

THE ENDING OF THIS TRAILER THO ^^^^ HAS ME SHOOK!

Until we meet again...

t.m.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

118K 6K 77
THE SECOND BOOK OF THE INFINITE SERIES. UNDER EDITING. warning: i wrote this book when i was twelve years old. there are grammar errors along with a...
477K 4.4K 122
A collection of my short stories/oneshots/blurbs originally published on my tumblr. The fics are being reuploaded after a user unrightfully reported...
7K 243 28
Revenge. Thats all you're worried about right now. Not what anyone says, but how you can find him and . .end . . Him This is the second book. A serie...
8.3K 552 7
❝IF I COULD BE HONEST FOR ONE DAY, EVEN JUST FOR A SPLIT SECOND, I'D TELL YOU THAT I'M HURTING. AND I MEAN REALLY HURTING.❞ ALL RIGHTS RESERVED | 201...