The Mysterious Case of Jasper...

By OnyxBlack

Grayson Murdock thought his life was completely normal; normal school, normal friends, normal life. That was... More

The Mysterious Case of Jasper Drake (boyxboy)
The Mysterious Case of Strange Behavior
The Mysterious Case of Sky and Clouds
The Mysterious Case of Whispered Conversation
The Mysterious Case of Romeo and.....well Romeo
The Mysterious Case of How I Died
The Mysterious Case of Wilhelm Drake
The Mysterious Case of the Art of Submission
The Mysterious Case of a Falling Sky
The Mysterious Case of a Quiet Storm
The Mysterious Case of Moonlight Secrets
The Mysterious Case of Light in the Shadows
The Mysterious Case of Shattering Glass
The Mysterious Case of a Best Friend Turned Enemy
The Mysterious Case Solved

The Mysterious Case of Breaking and Entering

9.5K 222 21
By OnyxBlack

Chapter 6

There was a gush of cold air that whipped into Gray’s face as they sped off.

He had never been on the back of a motorcycle, though most of his fantasies included one in one form or another. He found it odd that he didn’t really care where he and Jasper were going. His arms were wrapped around Jasper’s torso and his helmeted head was going in all different directions as he struggled to focus on one thing at the speed they were going.

If there was ever a stop light from the moment they left Grey’s house to the moment they sped off down the road to were ever Jasper was taking them, he didn’t know. They sped in between cars stealthily and Gray couldn’t help but wonder if Jasper had ever hit anything before. And didn’t you have to be like 21 to have a motorcycle license? He knew it was a least eighteen, and since they were both high school juniors, Grey doubted that he was that equivalent.

Gray was close to voicing these questions, however Jasper pulled his motor cycle to slow stop and Gray frowned as he recognized the building.

“The art gallery, Jasper why are we back here?” Gray asked as he lifted his leg to get of the Ducati.

“This place has been here since 1945, it was a shoe factory at first,” Jasper stated as he walked ahead of him to what Gray realized was the back door. “Then a mattress emporium, a slaughter house, and I think it housed family of sheep at one point.”

“And the point of that would be?” Gray murmured as he followed Jasper toward the door.

Grey felt his eyes pop out of his head as Jasper withdrew from his pocket what looked to be, a lock picking kit.

“That in all those years they failed to get a decent lock, or an alarm system,” he smirked. Gray watched as Jasper kneeled down to be level with the lock and inserted his tools. Gray was in the midst of counting how long it took him trying to gage if he B&E’d often. However as soon as he took a breath to count Jasper stood up, tucked his tools neatly back into his pocket and moved the padlock and chain away from the door. “Ready?”

“You drive a Ducati, have pretty nice clothes and what not; how rich would you say you were?” Gray asked, leaning against the wall.

“Is this another mob question?” Jasper asked perplexed, again as though it were the most puzzling question to ever grace is ears.

“No just curious to know if you have enough in you piggy bank to bail both me and you out of jail,” Gray smiled sweetly.

For the first time Gray heard Jasper laugh. Not just the little chuckles he had at Gray’s expense, but a real down to earth laugh.

“We’re not going to get caught Grayson, trust me,” Jasper smirked.

Gray rolled his eyes, but followed behind Jasper as he threw open the double doors to the art gallery. Jasper reached over and grabbed Gray’s hand in his as though he had done it hundreds of times before. He found it funny yet odd how it felt like that with Jasper, as though they had been together for years.

His hand was soft, which he found surprising since he viewed Jasper as a bad boy who lifted things with is hands and got into numerous fights. Gray shook his head and walked further into the darkness behind Jasper. He wasn’t pussy or anything so darkness didn’t exactly have him wetting himself. However it seemed so surreal in the dark with Jasper and boxes upon boxes of unknown things; not to mention they had kinda just broke into a warehouse.   However for some reason, he felt safer than he ever had with the other boy that very thought alone scared him.

“I come here to think,” Jasper stated. Walking through the room, Gray watched as Jasper’s eyes wondered along the walls but looked at no place in particular.  Gray found he liked watching Jasper, there was just some familiarity in that action and he liked that fact.

Gray almost ran into Jasper as he came to a stop.

“And to paint,” he murmured, his strong arm coming up to stroke one of the paintings on the wall.  Gray realized with fascination that it was the one he had seen today when he was walking with Sky.

“You did this?” Gray murmured, his eyes going over to look at the wolves again.

“Yes, do you like it,” Jasper asked airily. Gray nodded.

The stood there for a while in a comfortable silence, looking at the painting in the darkness of the ware house.

“So you’re not in the mob, then what was that conversation you were having?” Gray asked, breaking the silence. He wasn’t sure, but in the darkness he was convinced he saw Jasper’s features contorted oddly with rage.

“That was nothing for you to be concerned about,” Jasper somewhat growled.

“You said you’d be honest,” Gray reminded him. Jasper's head turned to the side to look at him, and Gray could make out his usual smirk.

“His name is Cain Sapphire,” Jasper breathed.

Gray was shocked, but he couldn’t skip a beat if Jasper was actually willing to come clean.

“What did he want with you?” Gray asked.

Jasper paused for a second, Gray bit his tongue as he waited for Jasper to answer.

“He doesn’t like my family, or what’s left of it anyway,” he sighed. Again Gray could see the tiredness in Jasper’s eyes that threw him for a loop.

“He’s not…dangerous, is he?” Gray muttered quietly, tucking his hands in his pockets and looking at Jasper.

“He’s usually more…bark than bite,” He smirked, as though he was sharing in his own joke. Gray had the urge to roll his eyes.

“Those two guys, at school today, are they your brothers?” Gray asked.

“They are.”

“They’re huge,” Gray muttered walking now because the ware house was freezing cold on the chilly November night.

“They play football,” Jasper smirked.

“Of course,” he smirked. However Gray found it hard to have a flirty conversation when he felt like his balls were being frozen for sperm.

“Here,” Jasper stated, handing him his coat.

“You’ll freeze,” Gray pointed out. Jasper only shrugged.

“Plus this doesn’t exactly help the fact that I’m trying to prove that I’m not the woman of this relationship,” Gray murmured.

“Relationship?” Jasper repeated. Gray felt his eyes burst open, and his heart start ed stomping in his chest. Shit, um…what to do? What to do? Fake a heart attack? Yeah, he liked that idea-

“Fake cardio impairment seems a bit extreme don’t you think Grayson?” Jasper smirked.

“Stop doing that!” Gray huffed.

"Doing what?" Jasper asked innocently.

“Reading my mind or whatever the hell it is you’re doing,” Gray huffed. He pulled on the sweat shirt and shrieked at the sudden change in temperature. Jasper’s jacket was hot. Not just hot, it felt as though it had been sitting next to heater or directly under the sun.

“Have you ever considered the fact that maybe you’re a bit of an open book?” Jasper smiled.

“And have you may be considered you’re a bit of a prat?”  Grayson smiled innocently. However his blatant threat was kind of put to shame by the wide mirth of a yawn.

“I’ll take you home so you can go to bed,” Jasper smirked.

“Not until I get at least some form of-” he was cut off by another yawn; damn his old person sleep mentality,“-answer, or knowledge about you.”

“What do you want to know, I will answer what I can,” he murmured. Before Gray could begin, two things happened, another yawn came from his throat, and he felt himself being lifted into a strong pair of arms.

He tried faintly to protest, but in truth he could care less. He was dead tired, and didn’t really understand the annoyance Sky had with people picking her up.

He yawned once more, before he started on his examination. “How many brothers do you have?”

“Three, Christopher and Wilhelm are older and very protective, and Jace is younger, so that’s my job when it comes to him,” he murmured.

“Hmm…” Gray drawled out. He was sure he looked very attractive right now. Half asleep with his head bobbing from left to right in Jasper’s oversized sweat jacket. Damn, he was the girl.

“What about your parents?” Gray asked, though he guessed that was the wrong question because Jasper’s hands tightened on Gray.

“M-my father died a month ago,” he murmured. Gray nodded, he could sympathize. Besides the fact that Gray’s father was never anywhere to be seen, which made him all the more a Spector, Reggie’s father had died two years ago as well; he had seen how much it could hurt a person. “My mom never really bounced back and has become a bit of a recluse, but my brothers handle most things.”

“Why is it that you always seem to know what I’m thinking, or that I feel like I’ve known you my entire life, or that no matter how hard I try, I can’t understand you at all,” Gray murmured sleepily.

Jasper seemed to pause,,ooking down into his eyes. “I’m afraid I can’t answer that.”

Gray nodded, he expected as much.

Out of plain curiosity, or tiredness, he wasn’t sure he asked Jasper another question.

“What are you?” he breathed. It was so quiet that he didn’t expect Jasper to even hear it. However his arms clenched around Gray once more, and right before he let out another yawn and right before he felt his eyes drift closed  he heard Jasper's answer.

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you that either.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 8.1K 35
Jamie is just trying to go through life as easily as he possibly can, but him being gay wasn't entirely helping him at his high school. He used to be...
1.4K 44 13
"You didn't give up before, so why are you giving up now, right after getting him back?" A virus has spread to the Virtual Singer, Hatsune Miku. It t...
497K 19.8K 32
Elliot never had friends, he's always been bullied and his parents are both drunkards with a bad temper. All his life he's just dealt with the proble...