Love, Anonymous (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

In an alternate universe, Maine Mendoza fails to make it as a talent in Eat Bulaga, and pursues her other dre... More

Prologue : Destiny Calls
Chapter One - Passenger by Chance
Chapter Two - Splitscreen Chemistry
Chapter Three - Chance Encounter
Chapter Four - Weather Beaten
Chapter Five - Sweet Surrender
Chapter Six - Gaining Momentum
Chapter Seven - Meet the Parents
Chapter Eight - Inner Conflict
Chapter 10 - Arrivederci
Chapter Eleven - Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve - The Pessimistic Optimist
Chapter Thirteen - Reluctant Celebrity
Chapter Fourteen - Bit by Bit
Chapter Fifteen - Paradigm Shift
Chapter Sixteen - Serendipity
Chapter Seventeen - Destiny Claimed
Chapter Eighteen - Career Milestone
Chapter Nineteen - Uncertainties
Chapter Twenty - Secrets
Chapter Twenty One - Miggy's Story
Chapter Twenty Two - Agitation
Chapter Twenty Three - Patring's Request
Chapter Twenty Four - The Package
Chapter Twenty Five - Stalemate
Chapter Twenty Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty Seven - Tying Loose Ends
Chapter Twenty Eight - Full Circle
Chapter Twenty Nine - Plot Twist
Chapter Thirty - I Do
Chapter Thirty One - Harot Night
Chapter Thirty Two - In Sickness and In Health
Chapter Thirty Three - Realizations
Chapter Thirty Four - Wanting
Chapter Thirty Five - Miscommunication
Chapter Thirty Six - Eye to Eye
Chapter Thirty Seven - In A Heartbeat
Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation
Chapter Thirty Nine - Cravings
Chapter Forty - Intermission
Chapter Forty One - Waiting
Chapter Forty Two - Aftermath
Chapter Forty Three - The Homecoming
EPILOGUE

Chapter Nine -The Gentleman of Verona

9.2K 532 33
By ANNwithnoE

Photo Credits : http://entertainment.inquirer.net/197220/aldub-gets-second-biggest-break and http://www.agriturismodelo.com/en/photogallery/

Readers, here's a chapter to make up for the last filler one. The bibis' self-control will be tested since they are sharing a suite together. Will "something" happen between them? Read on to find out. Hope I did justice to romantic Verona, and to your expectations on what will transpire while they are in this beautiful place. Would love to get your feedback, let's chat about the parts you like, ok? Hope you're enjoying this rainy weekend :)

Since check-in time was at 2:00 PM, they entrusted their bags to the B&B Manager for safekeeping, and enjoyed the hearty feast prepared for them in the beautiful breakfast room. After a short walk to check the grounds and enjoy the scenery, they got into the Mini Cooper once again and headed back to the commercial part of Verona.

Although Maine was more of a beach person, she now saw nature's beauty through Alden's eyes. The beautiful symmetry of the vineyards, the canopy of trees along the roads they passed, and the breathtaking landscape of mountains gave Maine an eyeful of God's artistry in this side of the earth. Verona's beauty was something Maine would never forget, especially because of company she was with on this journey.

Since it was still early, they luckily found a free parking spot, and set off on foot for their Verona adventure. Their first stop was the Cathedral of Verona, a majestic architectural structure that dates back to the 12th Century. The ceilings and walls were filled with well-preserved fresco and mural art, breathtaking images of a long gone but triumphant era of artistry.

Alden and Maine sat on one of the pews to catch their breath after gazing in awe of all the beauty within one structure. They both kneeled to pray, each giving thanks for this once in a lifetime experience, and praying for their own fervent wishes that they hope would be granted soon.

"Nagwish ka ba?" Alden asked her as they sat on the pew again. "Diba may kasabihan, pag pumasok ka sa church for the first time, make a wish?"

"Yes I did. Actually I also thanked God that I finally made this trip. Matagal ko nang pangarap ito eh. I wished for guidance, sa career, because although I like being a flight attendant, di ko alam if it's the right path for me. May gusto ako talagang career pero mukhang di kasi ako meant for that. Eh ikaw, nagwish ka? Parang nasayo naman na lahat, ano pa bang pwede mo i-wish?"

"Nagpasalamat din ako, for all my blessings. Ang tagal ko na sa work ko pero ngayon lang talaga nagkaroon ng linaw if I should continue or not. Pero may kulang pa rin, di naman lahat career lang." He looked at her and smiled knowingly.

"Kuya, nasa loob tayo ng simbahan, huwag ka ganyan makatingin ha."

"Ay grabe, tinawag akong kuya. Nakuuu, huwag mo kong matawag-tawag na kuya kasi hindi brotherly ang nararamdaman ko sayo."

"Iniiba mo usapan eh, ano nga winish mo?"

"Gusto mo talaga malaman?" He looked at her seriously this time, his gaze so intent it made her uncomfortable, she had to break the tension.

"Lika na, inaantay na tayo nina Leysam, ayan oh, nasa labas na sila." She got up and walked ahead, trying to hide the blush in her cheeks.

"Bat namumula ka, huuuy, hintayin mo ko." He caught up with her and nonchalantly put an arm over her shoulders, pulling her close to him to shield her from the crowd they passed.

----

After a tiring morning of walking around the Verona Cathedral and shopping in Piazza del Erbe, they found a small café where they enjoyed some pasta and pizza and some cannoli for dessert . Maine was excited for their last stop, the Casa di Giulietta, more popularly known as Juliet's house. She loved the tragic story of the star-crossed lovers, especially after watching the movie version that starred Leonardo di Caprio and Claire Danes.

Leysam and Mama Ten opted to have coffee while they proceeded to Casa di Guilietta. From the moment they stepped into the courtyard, Maine felt like she was transported back in time, back when the Montagues and Capulets were still feuding, with Romeo and Juliet caught in between.

"Are you ok?" Alden asked, when she quietly looked at Juliet's statue. There were tourists taking turns with touching Juliet's bosom, wishing for luck in love, having their pictures taken. Some couples joined hands to touch the statue's chest, and kiss after having their picture taken.

"Look at them," She said wistfully. "It must be nice to finally meet that special person meant for you. They seem so happy."

"Happiness isn't exclusive to others, Maine. Dadating din yung time mo for that kind of happiness. It could be with me, with someone else, but just believe. It will come soon."

"When I read Romeo and Juliet, I admired Juliet for her commitment. Did you know that she was only 13 years old when she fell in love with Romeo? Imagine being so young but so sure of her feelings, enough to take her own life because she couldn't stand to be with someone else."

"It was tough during their time. Uso kasi arranged marriage back then. We're lucky we get to choose who we want to be with." She didn't know why, but being in Juliet's house made her emotional. Alden noticed and tried to cheer her up. "Wait, I have an idea. You want to go up Juliet's balcony? I'll take a photo from down here."

She went up the house and out into the balcony and looked down at him. Alden's smile was infectious, as he coaxed her to smile back, pulling up funny faces to make her smile more. She ended up laughing at his efforts, feeling her heart flutter.

He made her happy. He never played the "I am THE Alden Richards" card on her. He saw her as his equal, never assuming she would surely fall for him, which IS making her fall for him. Lord, why does this guy seem so perfect, she asked herself. Her pessimistic nature refuses to believe someone like him could fall for her. She waves at him to stop taking photos so she can go down.

He takes her hand and leads her to Juliet's statue. "Maine, I know we're not a couple yet, and I know wishing on Juliet's statue might be a big deal for you. But if you feel we have a chance at sharing a future together, indulge me. Let's wish together on her statue. This doesn't mean anything really, it's just a ritual maybe. But we're here, together in Verona, in Juliet's house, with all these love locks and love notes around us. It would be a nice memory to look back to once I go on to my shoot and you home and back to work. God knows how we'll fix our schedules so we can see each other again. Please?"

She gets lost in his earnest gaze, imagining more trips like this with him, or waiting for him, writing her Wattpad stories while he's busy with his shoots. And she realizes life would be good so long as he was in it, either as her friend or her partner. She smiles back at him, caressing his cheek, her thumb gently pressing on his dimple before she takes his hand and guides it to Juliet's chest.

-----

It was past 8:00 in the evening when they got back to Agriturismo Delo Relais. They took their bags from safekeeping and went to their respective rooms, which were just beside each other.

"Ikaw RJ ha, mag-behave ka," Mama Ten said with a mocking look at Alden. He smiled when his gaze fell on Maine. "Mabait yang anak ko Maine, don't worry. Pero pag may problema, katok ka lang sakin, ha? Kabilang pinto lang kami ni Leysam."

"Thank you po." She couldn't look at Alden, too aware of him and the night ahead. So long as he doesn't try anything, she was ok. She remembered the times he held her close, how nice he smelled, how his breath tickled her ear.

"Huy. Takot ka ba?" He laughed and poked her waist. "Good boy ako, don't worry. You want to rest early?"

"Di pa ko antok eh. Siguro maliligo muna ako tapos nood muna akong TV."

"Sige ako rin."

He was already watching TV when she stepped out of her room, her hair still damp from her shower. She wore navy cotton leggings with a matching half shirt top, while he was wearing a white shirt (that showed off his well-toned pecs and biceps, dammit) and track pants, with his feet up on the couch.

"They gave us fresh fruits, do you want some strawberries? They're good, tamang balance lang ng sweet and sour. Here, try mo."

He got one and reached out his hand, but instead of handing her the fruit, he brought it to her lips. As she bit the fruit, her lips and teeth grazed his thumb, momentarily stunning him with a jolt of electricity.

"Whoa, sorry bad idea." He laughed, his ears turning red. He pushed the fruit basket toward her as she looked at him and laughed. A part of her thought it was fun to see Alden disconcerted, when he was obviously trying to be a gentleman and behave. It was a heady experience to know she was affecting him this way. She got another berry and bit it again, licking the fruit's juice off her finger. He was watching her nervously, swallowing as she bit her thumb to suck the juice off.

"Anong palabas, news? Pwedeng palipat ng channel?" She reached for the remote to surf channels. Although the B&B had cable service, most of the channels were in Italian. She finally found "Love & Other Drugs," a movie starring Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway, which was thankfully not dubbed in Italian.

"Have you seen this movie?" She asked, settling into the other corner of the couch.

"Hmmm, nope. But if Jake and Anne are in it, then it's probably a good movie. Hey, may trivia ako sayo. Did you know that William Shakespeare's wife was named Anne Hathaway?"

"Weh, talaga?"

"Tutoo! When I was in college pa, I had a Lit subject and I was assigned to report on William Shakespeare. Wife niya Anne Hathaway ang pangalan, and they had eight children."

They lapsed into silence as they continued to watch the movie. The movie was set during the time that Pfizer first released Viagra in the market, with Jake Gyllenhaal playing a medical representative. Anne had Parkinsons disease and met Jake through her doctor. The two were attracted to each other and it wasn't long in the movie before they finally had sex. The scene was so lustful and passionate, with both barely getting into Anne's apartment and out of their clothes as they had sex with abandon.

Neither of them shied away from the scene and bravely watched it without a word. It was as if they were on a dare on who would back down on watching the scene without getting affected. Alden looked flushed by the time Jake left Anne lying on the floor, her underwear tangled up in her body.

"Uhmm, grabe pala dito sa Italy, no? Hindi pala nila ine-edit out for TV yung mga sex scenes." He took a pitcher of water from the ref and poured for two glasses, offering one glass to Maine and taking a long swig from the other.

"Tulog na ko," Maine said nodding at him stiffly as she stood up and waved good night. She should have changed the channel, because now she was feeling hot and bothered. Still too strung up to sleep, she took out her phone and worked on a chapter for one of her wattpad stories.

Two hours passed by the time she finished her chapter. Thirsty, she went out of her room to get a glass of water. The TV was still on, but Alden was asleep on the couch. She debated on waking him up to send him to his room but figured he might be a light sleeper like her. She switched off the lights and left just a lamp on. Grabbing a comforter from his room, she draped it over him, making sure his feet were covered.

She sat on her haunches to take a last look at him, admiring his long eyelashes and jawline, the stubble on his chin. Unable to resist the urge to touch, she runs the back of a finger over his jawline and the stubble on his chin. His lips puckered from the contact, making her stifle a giggle.

"Ang guwapo mo kahit tulog, grabe," She leaned over to kiss his cheek, her lips lingering for a few seconds. When he stirred, she quickly got up and escaped to her room.

She didn't see him open his eyes and catch her running away, smiling as he touched the spot she just kissed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

78.1K 2.9K 37
The Game Catcher Tristan Ace Garcia also know as Bipolar,Casanova, Campus Hearttrob sa Notre Dame International Academy (NDIA). Irish Nattaly Pimenov...
43.7K 1.5K 100
Classmates turns to Lovers. "I will always love you, FOREVER"
184K 5.5K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
2.2M 7.5K 6
Babaerong gwapo at mayaman, ayan si Daniel Padilla, and SCU Campus King. Akala nya lahat makukuha nya sa kanyang charm pero nagkamali sya. Dahil isa...