Before Marriage | SasuSaku [O...

By Nichiirawberry

In the hidden leaf village, peace was once again, restored. Undeniably, romance started to bloom in the air o... More

/ Prologue /
/ 1 /
/ 2 /
/ 3 /
/ 4 /
/ 5 /
/ Author's Note /
/ 6 /
/ 7 /
/ 8 /
/ 9 /
/ 11 /
/ 12 /
/ 13 /
/ 14 /
/ 15 /
/ 16 /
/ 17 /
/ 18 /

/ 10 /

4.7K 173 47
By Nichiirawberry

-✘-

It was safe to say she had a sleepless night.

Her bed sheets was a mess after her tossing and turning, a smile curving on her lips and a single moment replayed uncountable times that evening.

She hugged her pillow tight, she was way too happy to sleep. The hime couldn't get the blonde out of her mind, again.

Naruto had accompanied her home last night, and eventually, he had asked for her company the next few days if she was free, which she was more than glad to accept.

She didn't have trainings after all, nor any missions she took for the week, so basically, she was just going to bury herself with several books she liked reading, although it didn't sound as interesting as spending time with Naruto.

The following morning at the village, the hime had decided to go to the market, specifically to the Yamanaka's for fresh new flowers for some decorations on their abode.

Other than that, she had nothing to do and she was kind of waiting for a real invitation from Naruto (she won't admit it), but there was none, there was no sign of him even.

Along the way, glancing the Hokage tower, she wondered if she'll start taking missions again, after all, she didn't have to check on Naruto any longer at the hospital, he was now fine. Though it was good news, there is still a hint of sadness in her eyes that she had to be apart from him again.

"Hinata?" A feminine voice questioned. The hime rotated herself and found two of her friends together behind, and it was always the usual scene. Them being together.

"Ino, Sakura, ohayou." She squeaked.
"Ohayouuu~" Sakura and Ino responded in unison. "What are you looking for?" The blonde hooked her free arm to hers as the three of them strolled to the market.

"I was on my way to your shop for flowers actually." A gentle smile touched her face.
"Good timing, we're headed there too. Come on!"

Hinata didn't have much choice, but that didn't mean she doesn't like the option. Her natural shyness had always kept her from socializing much, and when you're royalty, it isn't helping. But thanks to these girls, they didn't seem to consider such things.

Ino was letting her look around, but insisted she come upstairs with Sakura first before she takes her order and run straight home. She mentioned something about girl talk as Hinata had closely heard.

"So, what's up with this sudden meeting?" Sakura started. The three of them were in the blondie's room, sitting comfortably at the unfolded futon on the floor beside her queen size bed. (Maybe she kept the futon for nostalgic or traditional reasons despite of having a bed) Ino was literally splattered on the futon, looking exhausted as if she had an A rank mission on hand.

"Besides the unfateful dinner with Sai later, I had somehow spoke with Tamaki-san."
"Tamaki-san?" Hinata chorused.
"....and?" The pinkette urged her to continue.

"It's official." Ino almost whispered.
"Official?"
"Tamaki and Kiba are officially dating."

Two gasps came from the two.
Hinata finally knew what girl talk was about.
"That's good for the both of them!" Hinata blushed.
"I agree. They look good together." The pinkette nodded her head in agreement. "...unless you have a problem with that, Ino?"

"Shut up Sakura. Kiba is not my type. No offense to your friend, Hinata."
"Then why the long face?"
"I just can't believe Kiba would be the first in our batch to find someone. To be honest, I had always thought he would be last, closely followed by Naruto..." Ino immediately aimed her eyes at the hime upon mentioning his name, "..but now since Hinata had confessed, not long enough, they'll find each other together."

The hime was embarrassed, but she couldn't find the words to deny it.. because it was true, partly. She did confess, but she wasn't really sure about the finding each other together part though.

Ino said it had been 2 days going to three when almost the whole village (only those who cared) had knew about the Kiba and Tamaki issue and wondered why the two were shock as if it was the first time they knew about it (because it was).

It was quite a big deal for some, like Naruto, who wanted to throw a celebration party because Kiba won't be forever alone no more, and his predictions of Kiba growing old and surrounded by big dogs was no longer in the picture.

The rumor of them going out did not spread from a chitchatter, but apparently, they had been spotted together lately, and not just together, but their hands were entwined with each other.

Not to mention that Akamaru was unusually having fun with her, too. Ino and Sakura, even Hinata, unadmittedly, had envied the picture.

"Time flies so fast," Tsunade jugged her bottle in her hand meanwhile at the tower, while the other was holding a scroll. Not missing even such information of the dog boy and his girlfriend. They are coming out of age.

-✘-

Later at the Hokage Tower, her shishou had summoned her for an immediate update. The cherry blossom had already assumed what it was about.

She had been preparing herself lately since she was a bit nervous, but the girl talk with Inopig and Hinata had made her ease for a moment or two, keeping her away from other thoughts, but now...

it's back.

The Uchiha was now ready to be discharged as she was told directly to the point. Sakura had obliged to offer him assistance immediately, but it didn't save her from another shot of thought from her shishou before she left the tower. "Get a boyfriend or you'll end up like me," Followed by a hearty laugh.

She was half drunk, noticing the empty bottles of sake. Sakura only shook her head in disapproval. But why drink so much in the middle of the day? And what kind of question was that? Marriage? She's too young!

Luckily she came across Shizune, who had explained just as enough. Not later than a month, she will be stepping down as the Hokage and pass the title to their Kakashi-sensei.

It wasn't a surprising news, in fact, almost all of them knew. The thing is, Kakashi was more likely delaying it as Tsunade would describe it. So, she wants to enjoy, at least, the last days of her title- and that meant more bottles of sake without any interruption.

The pinkette did not delay it any longer.

She wanted to finish her task as soon as possible so she went straight to the hospital. On the front door, one step away from his room, she inhaled deep. Her pink hair sweeped as she calmy entered the room and found the raven fully dressed, sitting at the edge of his bed.

Sakura wasn't always the conversation starter, but she had to be in some cases.

"Ohayou." She said meekly, expecting no response, she continued right away. "Tsunade-sama asked me to escort you to your apartment. It's actually..."
"Lead the way, Sakura." He cutted off.

Sakura had came into a conclusion that he wasn't particularly in a good mood so she's shutting up now.

The trip took forever, at least for her it did.

It was kind of nostalgic walking with him normally in the premises of Konohagakure, and it kept her mind occupied, with red tint throughout her face.

The two of them had reached the front door of his apartment not longer than 15 minutes, and that's when Sakura had took the keys in her pockets clumsily to pass it out to him.

Sakura did not expect for any thanks at all, so she went a few steps away from him and reached the front of her door this time, in aim for a rest. Before she could enter, the Uchiha spoke gently, "This is temporary.", catching the attention of the cherry blossom before she was to enter her home.

"Which is?" Sakura was confused, she had heard it clearly, but wasn't sure which was he pertaining to as temporary.

His apartment? His stay? His sanity?
Which one of it?

"I'm planning to leave as soon as the council had made their decision to pardon me or what."
"Why would you need to leave?" She swallowed. Revenge again? For godsakes!

"For a better look in the world."

"D-do you have to?" Go ahead, she wanted to say. But it didn't come out as planned.
"I need to." Totally fine with it.
"But-" Stop it, Sakura, let him go.
"Sakura." His onyx orbs fixed into hers, and that's when she finally realized...

..his decision was final.

-✘-

The blonde, after several days of trying, still wasn't able to speak at all with the hime and he felt stupid for it. Whenever he had the time, he loses his courage. But when his courage surfaces, unfortunately and untimingly, he had been distracted with a lot of things too, like how could Kiba possibly get a girlfriend.

It got him curious and he wanted to know what happened, what really happened. No matter how stupid may it sound like. He couldn't find the right time to catch him at the moment though.

"No." She bluntly said.

"Demo-!"

"No, Naruto. I know you recover fast, but I refuse to assign you to any mission right now. Wait for another week then I might reconsider."

Naruto was bored and he had nothing to do, so he went to Tsunade to accept a mission, only to find out he couldn't. He wasn't allowed to.

He left the room in defeat and it was obvious with the way he looked. At that exact moment- his heart sank a bit.

Hinata.

"Hinata-chan!"
"Naruto-kun.. what are you doing here?" She asked shyly, stopping in her tracks.
"Ah.. well I asked for a mission but Tsunade-baachan won't give me one. How about you?"
"For a mission too." The hime smiled.

"Eto~"
"Hm?"
"Ano~ if it's fine with you, can we go to uh- Ichiraku's?"
"...now?" Hinata blushed.
"Now."

Hinata's heart felt like it was gonna explode. She couldn't believe this, after all. She was the happiest.

"Okay.." She giggled. Finally.

-✘-

One thing's for sure. She couldn't sleep well.
He was just next door, and she could feel his presence overpowering everything else.

Although he had slept okay, he couldn't deny that the chakra next door bothered him. He was aware it was Sakura's and it was as if her chakra was exploding everywhere. He had a theory and it was correct: emotions.

Though he did not know what she specifically felt, it was strong enough to be felt.

Last 2 days was the last conversation they had and it had ended like it was an argument.
He wanted her to know his plans this time, but he did not want her to stop him again nor to upset her with it. Instead, he wanted support, not only from Naruto, but from her too. No misunderstanding there though, he did not have such romantic feelings for the mednin, she is a friend like Naruto.

Speaking of romance, he did not have time for that. It is the key for marriage and building a family after all. But he wasn't sure if he was ready to have one or will he ever be. He might've said he wanted to restore his clan, but it was harder than it sounds like.

Romance is a luxury he cannot afford to have.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.3K 50
❥❥❥ [BNHA x Fem!Reader] ❛❛𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪, 𝕎𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕞𝕖𝕒𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕪𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘, 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕓𝕪...
126K 4.5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
514K 14.6K 107
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
1M 61.9K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...