A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
30: Loose Ends
31: The Old and the New

29: Whole At Last

243 9 5
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V:

She did it. I thought for sure that she would be seen as a fallen warrior, but she actually made it through this terrible nightmare.
I look to my father, standing up and stretching as the sleep spell wears off with the death of Rowena.

"Dad!" I call to him. Connor helps me to my feet, my whole body aching as I stumble my way over to the Lord Death.

"Wasn't that a wild dream?" He says in his usual happy-go-jolly voice. "I dreamt that a witch defeated the too Meister's in the academy, and was planning to kill Samantha and Connor for their power. Imagine if that was real! Our whole school would be no more!"
He began laughing as if the mere thought was absolutely absurd.

"Excuse me Lord Death," professor Stein calls for his attention. He came closer as did everyone else who was slowly recovering. Dad stares at me, his expression obviously unreadable. Who knows what he's thinking. His head then drops down to my torn pants and ripped clothes. Shredded, torn and burnt in some parts.

"Um, Father?" I question. "Is everything alright?"
My voice comes out hesitant, and unwilling to ask. The next words that he dared speak sent my face into the hot sun.

"Wow... Aren't you a little... Under-dressed... You and her hit it up too rough, eh?"

Stein, Liz, Patty, and everyone who had heard my father stares at him with their mouths hanging open in pure shock. I can't believe him! Does he really think that now of all places is a good time to say such inappropriate things?!
I feel such strong distaste towards that statement! They all heard him! Did Sam hear? She must have!

Connor who stands close to me is trying desperately to not laugh, but by his current efforts he's clearly failing.

"Uh, Sir?" Tsubaki steps forward with Black*Star slung over her shoulder to keep him standing.
"Your dream wasn't a dream at all," She told him.

"Oh?" My Father tilts his head to the side, waiting for more of an elaboration. He could probably take one look around the area and see that the school is basically a crime scene for explosives.

"It's true, father," I agree. "The witch Rowena came here looking for Samantha and Connor but in the end, Connor and Sam defeated her. She's dead. They were the only ones that could do it, and they did."

My Father seems to become overjoyed by this. I can feel his eyes on him, like he's sending me a message. The happy vibe is radiating off of him like fire, a look sent directly to me, saying that she is a keeper. I already knew that. She's not even mine yet, but, that won't stop my father from making sick romantic/dirty  jokes about us. I can feel he wants to say something that could either be incredibly erotic or completely irritable.

"Whatever you desire to say, Father, don't." I say, making sure to be firm in my voice. 

"Aww, why not Kid?" Connor nudges my side with a small smirk. "I'm sure whatever Lord Death has to say will bring about smiles for all of us"

"I'm sure everyone would love to hear about your little secret journal." Liz pipes in.

"I told you not to speak of that!" I hiss through grit teeth. My hands feel sweaty and my face must be red with embarrassment.

"Why? Sam's already seen it."

"Yes but! She might not know. . . It's about her. . ." My voice goes timid as the realisation that Sam is still very close by.

"HOLD UP!" My Father exclaims with excitement. "Has my son been writing expressive poetry?! About Morgana?"

"DAD!"

"Yes, sir. He has." 

I feel so small right now. Everyone's gossiping over this subject, RIGHT in front of me, RIGHT in front of Connor, and Sam is legit only a few meters away. If she's hearing this, what is she thinking? That I'm some disgusting lovesick puppy? That I'm some obsessed reaper with a weakness to love? Great, now I sound sappy! I'm garbage! That's what she thinks. . . ASYMMETRICAL GARBAGE! Just leave me at the curb on garbage day. . .

I glance over to Sam and see that she's still in the same position when Rowena was killed. Standing straight with head slightly tilted down, staring at the witch soul that's hasn't moved from her tight grasp. She looks troubled. As if she's contemplating something. Sam looks down at herself , observing her injuries, most likely telling herself that it would take quite a while for them to heal.

"Sam? Is something wrong?" Connor asks, finally seeing the uneasy expression on his partner's face. Everyone now crowds around Sam. I feel myself becoming slightly alarmed by her her hard expression. The little group becomes silent. The atmosphere suddenly feels tight, with tension building up from the girl.

"My power wasn't at it's best potential." Sam utters slowly, sounding much like a mind controlled zombie.
"Everything was halved. The strength I used to hold within, would have been able to disable Rowena within minutes. Well, maybe that's a bit of an overstatement, but I could have been stronger. She thought I was going easy on her, for the simple fact that we were related."

Her voice becomes slightly amused. "That wasn't it at all."

The amusement fades from her voice and it becomes low and stern. Unsettling aches rest in the pit of my stomach. Behind me I hear Maka whispering commands to Soul. For what, I'm not sure.

"She was wrong. Everyone is always wrong about me.  After what she did, she didn't deserve for me to go easy on her. What you saw was not the full extent of my ability. If it was, maybe all of you standing here wouldn't be alive. To use my magic would have been a gamble. I know that my Father split my soul. Half lies in the school. I should have known before hand. I wasn't myself for several years. So long that it became normal for me. But that's all in the past. Now, I'll finally be whole again. I'll finally be the old me."

Sam raises the small orb into the air and it lifts itself up. Bright light expels itself from it and Sam begins to make her way closer to the school's walls. 

A flash of silver whooshes past me and the next think I know, Maka and Soul stand there ready to attack Sam. What in death's name are they doing?!

"If you think you're going to destroy this academy, the think again!" Maka shouted at Samantha. She glared at the young witch that held the soul in the air. Sam did nothing in regards to Maka's outburst. However, the green eyed girl looks just about ready to slice Samantha in two!

Sam continues to concentrate power into Rowena's soul.

"What are you doing?!" I yell at Maka with wide eyes. 

"Didn't you hear Sam?" Black*Star nudged me. "She's going to make herself whole again."

"Her half soul is what helps this school stand upright. Without it, it's possible the academy would crumble with just one door closing." Stein says with an unsettling straight face.

Destroy the academy? She can't! She can't be possibly thinking of destroying the academy! Everything my Father put into making it will be destroyed! I can't let her do this...

"Samantha!" I shout with my fists clenched tightly. I walk towards the bright light of the soul, only to have my arm pulled back by Connor. He holds onto my arm tightly, preventing me from making a move forward.

"Let go!" I demand, trying to struggle out of his iron like grip. "I won't allow her to destroy this place!"

"But she isn't destroying it," My father says all too calmly. That statement, that observation causes the rest of us to stare at Samantha in awe. Anticipating what she might be up to. Maka grips Soul tightly, ready to attack if anything should go incredibly wrong. The pair tailed Sam as the young witch walks closer to the school's walls. With an aggressive push, Sam forces the sparkling soul into the bricks, and as she does, the whole ground begins to shake like an earthquake! 

The ground trembles vigorously, and all of us standing, with my Dad, Sam and Stein being the exception, stumble and fall to our knees. The academy rumbles and makes tremendous roaring like sounds. Everything was moving violently, and my hopes that the school was still going to be in one piece are slipping.

A light purple glow erupts from the establishment, carrying an eerily cold, bone chilling feeling across to everyone present. It starts with a glow, and then, it expands, forming something like a semi-sphere, except, with torn ripped shreds hanging off of it. Bright flashes of purple and blue, fading in and out of each other. The semi-sphere grows that little bit more before moving outwards from the school, until the very edge touches Sam. 

In a flash of white, the whole gets absorbed by Sam's body. And it's gone. Just like that.

"That was her soul..." I come to realise. 

"The size of it..." Liz gasps.

"Is it bigger than yours Professor Stein?" Black*Star asks. Stein nods.

"Her soul could probably be compatible with Lord Death's." He says, pushing his glasses further up the bridge of his nose. "Mind you, that doesn't make her invincible. Even the greatest of enemies can be taken down. If you know how." He trails off with a small smirk.

The light clears and it takes me a few seconds to understand who is standing by the school wall.

It's Samantha. Samantha Aileen, alright. Something is different however. Her eyes seem brighter, her skin has more colour. There's a rosy tinge on her cheekbones, her lips seem more luscious and bright pink, and her hair seems to have adopted more colour. Her injuries, completely gone, and her overall appearance looks fresh. She looks alive.

Her soul is whole now. Complete. And the school still stands tall, and if I'm honest, looks stronger than ever. More reinforced. Any damage the building had taken in the battle between family has been removed, and made as good as new. It's perfectly fine.

"What the hell did you do?!" Soul asks hastily with worry. He transforms into human form and stares at the academy with wide eyes, expecting it to fall, most likely.

"I would have thought that obvious." Sam rolls her eyes, walking back over to us to stand next to me. She sends me a small wink and I face away to hide the fact that my cheeks are burning hot from that one interaction. Wow, I'm pathetic.

"Yes, it is quite obvious," My Father pipes in. "She has purified Rowena's soul and then placed it into the academy, forcing Sam's other half out."

"But Rowena's dead, isn't she? Surely it's power wouldn't be that strong."

"That's where you're wrong, Tsubaki." Connor smiles. "When one purifies a soul, it gives it eternal life, as long as it has an object it's stored in."

Stein twists the screw in his head until he hears a slight click, then he takes out a cigarette, lights it, takes a drag and puffs out the cloud of smoke. "The best part is, Sam isn't connected to it, so she can go wherever she wants."

"So... you weren't trying to destroy the academy?" Maka shyly asks. Sam widens her eyes and almost looks appalled by the idea.

"Destroy it? Of course not! Why would I?" Sam inquired.

"Well, you are a witch." Black*star states. That earns Sam to glare at him with eyes representing Satan's soul. Black*Star cowers behind Tsubaki, muttering out apologies, and pleas for forgiveness.

"Just because I'm a witch, doesn't mean I've set out for world destruction." Sam sighs. "If I wanted to, I probably would have done it sooner."

I decide to stay quiet. I feel kind of guilty for even doubting Sam's intentions. Even after everything I knew. Sam and Connor? Destroying the academy? When that happens, then I'll give up symmetry. I shouldn't have jumped to the conclusion that Sam would try and destroy the academy. She has a disgraceful attitude towards the art of symmetry, but she has saved my life more than once, and all times she has been very genuine. I feel like an idiot! UGH!

"So then," Black*Star stands up glancing at the academy with a distant look in his eyes. "I guess it's over now..."

"Yeah," I respond, also facing the building. Everyone turns to look at it. A small breeze picks up in the night air and ruffles everyone's hair.

"I guess it is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 457 16
When falling in love with a classmate, Kid followed every cliché in the book. But when it came to his happy ending... there was a certain roadblock i...
383 0 41
Welcome back! Follow the story of Siena Prati and Matteo Ferranti, a weapon and meister duo sent to assist the new temporary Headmaster of the DWMA...
5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...
312K 10.1K 43
Death the Kid was sent to do a mission only reapers can handle. But some twist happened. The enemy was really symmetrical. He can't even dare to atta...