Yin and Yang | ✔

By peripxteia

One legend has been passed down the werewolf community since anyone can remember. The legend of the white an... More

Pre-warning
Prologue
Chapter One - Reunion
Chapter Two - The Race
Chapter Three - First Days
Chapter Four - Reactions
Chapter Five - Reruns
Chapter Six - Preparing
Chapter Seven - Evangeline
Chapter Eight - Libraries Are Great Places For Confessions
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty Two
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Five

2K 37 1
By peripxteia

C H A P T E R T W E N T Y F I V E

            Lila woke up hearing chains and having the biggest headache since... Well, ever! She pried her eyes open and when she tried to run them, she found that she could barely move them. They were attached to the wall behind her whilst her feet were attached to the floor with chains.

            Looking at her surroundings, she found that she wasn't in the warehouse any more... She was in a smaller room that was like almost like a prison. In front of where Lila was chained up were bars.

            She was looking around the room thinking of why she was here; was Justin playing a prank on her? If he did, then shouldn't he be around here somewhere? And why would he chain her up to the wall?

            “Justin, this is really funny. Let me out now!” Lila shouted out and flinched when her voice echoed off the walls. It didn't help her headache. She heard moaning next to her and turned to the side to find... Justin?

            “Jay? W-What happened?” She asked, confused and scared.

            “You don't remember?” Lila shook her head and regretted it; it felt like her brains were bouncing against her skull. “You don't remember the warehouse? Simon?”

            Lila felt as if a barrier was falling down. She remembered everything. “N-What? That wasn't a dream? Oh, God.” Lila started to struggle against the chains, making loud clanging noises. The chains wouldn't come off the walls.

            “Calm down. We'll be fine, right? I'll try and contact one of the pack members.” She watched as Justin tried to communicate with the pack. When he couldn't, she saw him scrunch up his face in concentration.

            “Can't get a hold of them?” She whispered and he shook his head.

            “I feel... Empty. It's weird.” Lila sighed. They were doomed and it was her fault. If she hadn't sneaked out, if she'd just listened to Mamaw.

            “We all make mistakes. Yours is just a lot bigger.” Evangeline comforted Lila.

            “Help!” Justin shouted and Lila glared at him.

            “Shut up!” She hissed. “Do you really think they're going to let us out?”

            “It's worth a try!” Justin told her before shouting for help several times.

            Unfortunately, it was two people who came who they didn't want to see. Simon and Ronnie. Simon started to make a tutting noise before he spoke.

            “What a shame to see you both in here. Could've made good friends.” Simon said, looking at both of the Yang twins.

            “What do you want?” Justin hissed whilst Lila was too gobsmacked to say anything. All she could see was Ronnie, the same person who comforted her when she and Logan had an argument. The same person who spent time with her and Blake when they went to the café... The same person who helped distract Logan alongside her brother. It made Lila sick to think about it.

            “The stone. The one you've been looking for. The one that Lila was supposed to protect.” Simon smirked.

            “Why?” Lila whispered, aiming her question at Ronnie. She couldn't believe that he would be capable of... This.

            “Bit of fun. Teach Logan that not everyone is going to be in his shadow forever.” Ronnie told her.

            “So you kidnap m-us!?” Lila asked, not believing what she heard.

            “Why not? Simon and his father needed you for something else. That stone.” Ronnie shrugged, as if it were a casual conversation they were having.

            “I knew he wasn't related to you!” Justin shouted and Lila heard violent rattling of the chains.

            “Was it really that obvious?” Simon mocked. Justin started to growl and Simon laughed. “Here's a little tip for both of you because I feel sorry for you. Don't shift. It won't break the chains, you'll just hurt yourself.”

            Simon stepped over to Lila before kneeling in front of her.

            “How did Logan get someone like you? I suppose you're both the same though, especially after what you did to Augustus' mate.” Simon started to laugh without humour. “He wants to see you later, that'll be good. Your mate won't be here to save you and your brother can't do anything.”

            “And don't bother trying to contact the pack. You won't reach them, we've drugged you.” Ronnie informed both of them, his face free of guilt.

            “Have fun waiting for your next dosage!” Simon waved them goodbye and both Ronnie and Simon left them alone in the prison, frightened of what was going to happen them.

            It was a while after that before anything actually happened to them, physically. They were just chained up, smelling the musty and damp air around them before they saw someone approach them. Bolting to sit upright, they both tried to sniff out this new person but failed to recognise the scent.

            Watching them slide the bars to walk in, the man seemed old and scraggly. Lila almost snorted as she watched the man hobble over to them slowly; almost as slow as a snail. When he reached Lila, he crouched down and pinched her cheeks.

            “This is who the master wants?” He seemed to mumble, more to himself than to anyone in particular. Lila kept silent and shot several death glares his way. He continued to prod her for a while before bringing out a syringe.

            Lila's eyes widened in alarm and she started to struggle; even if she couldn't go anywhere, she wasn't going to sit there and let him stick that in her. No. Way.

            “Oh hush down. This will only hurt for a second.” The man looked furious when Lila thrashed even harder against the constricting chains.

            Gripping her neck, the man pinned her to the wall and jabbed the syringe in her neck. Immediately she started to feel slightly... Weird. She still felt empty (in her mind) but she also felt more calmer and everything was doubled.

            “W-What h-have you d-done to me?” Lila slurred trying to make the three men in front of her back into one.

            “Something for protection.” The men turned to the side before chucking the syringes away. “Roy! You do the boy.”

            Everything melted into a blur as she realised that her chains were being unlocked and she was being hitched onto someone's shoulder. She watched as she saw someone else doing something to her brother but her mind couldn't comprehend. She heard someone speaking to her in her head, but couldn't make any sense to it.

            Watching as she travelled to another room, instead of everything tripling, everything blurred together. She couldn't make out what was happening to her; what the hell had they injected her with? She assumed it was to stop them from talking to the pack but this was different. She felt slightly... High? And she seemed to have more confidence (even if everything was just a blur to her).

            She felt herself being seated in a chair and her arms and legs were being attached to the chair she was sat on. She looked in front of her but everything was still blurred. She saw a lot of browns and blacks, along with white and some tanned colours.

            Feeling someone cradle her face, she attempted to scrutinise the being in front of her. Nothing seemed to work.  It was all just a mix of colours to her.

            “William, how much did you give her?” She saw two peach coloured lines moving and she was wondering what was happening.

            “The dose that was handed to me.” The voices sounded far off and distant. It was like they were starting to fade.

            “Well do something! We need her.”

            “I don't know what to do! Is there like an antidote?”

            “You guys are pussies. I'll do it.” Lila registered the familiar voice before she felt a sharp stinging pain and her head moving, without her doing it.

            Everything started to become clearer, although it was still blurry. It took her a few minutes (although it felt like hours) for everything to become clear. She still felt high though... Which was weird.

            She found that she was sat on one side of a desk, with her interrogator on the opposite side. She couldn't see who it was because the chair was turned so that the back of it faced her. Looking around, she saw that she was surrounded by guards. She rolled her eyes; what did they think she could do?

            “Lila... Let me take over. I won't shift, but it will be easier.

            Why?

            “They'll push you to your limits. Trust me, you'll cave. That's what happened to the other girls.” Lila thought about it for a moment. That would mean she was in The League? Lila started to panic, she didn't want to die!

            O-Okay. Lila gave up. She didn't want to end up like the other girls... She didn't know how Evangeline wasn't going to shift but then they weren't the average werewolf.

            Lila felt herself fade... Like she was going out of her body? It was a weird sensation. She was still in her body, but at the same time... Not?

            She watched the mysterious man turn his chair and she recognised him from the warehouse. She gasped... Mentally and then frowned. She needed to get used to this.

            “Just the person we were looking for, Miss Redway. Seems you've finally come out of your hiding place.” The man smiled, without a hint of kindness aimed at her. “It seems we keep meeting under unfortunate circumstances.”

            “So it does.” Lila felt her head cocking to the side and her mouth moving. It was a weird sensation; she wondered how Evangeline got used to it.

            “If you'd just tell us where the stone is, we'd let you free.”

            “Why would I do that?”

            “Where is it?” The man demanded.

            “Hidden by a prophet.” Evangeline smiled innocently at him. “Mr.... I'm sorry, I don't even know your name!” She laughed without humour.

            “Just call me Louis.”

            “Louis... Never pegged you as a Louis. Maybe a Charles. Something more fitting to an evil mastermind.”

            “Miss Redway, where is the stone?”

            “I told you, hidden.”

            “Where?”

            “I don't know!” Evangeline told him, acting like she was annoyed. “If I knew, don't you think I'd tell you?”

            Lila heard Louis growl and she knew he wasn't up for playing her game. She wondered what Evangeline was doing.

            “We can do this the easy way or the hard way. How do you think Lila would feel if we brought Logan in?” Lila shouted a panicked 'no' at Evangeline. Simon's suggestion scared her.

            “Simon.” Evangeline drawled Simon's name. “I think we both know it won't work. Jack returned successfully back home. He's told Darren that Lila and Justin were at a warehouse and... Oh! Would you look at that? It would seem Logan is on some sort of rampage and had to be chained up. What would happen if you went near him?”

            “She's right, Simon. Miss Redway, I didn't know you were so smart.”

            “I have to be to survive, don't I?”

            “Now about the stone...”

            “No.” Louis looked shocked at Evangeline's response.

            “W-”

            “No.” Evangeline raised Lila's eyebrows. Louis looked angry. Lila saw Simon making his way over to where Lila was trapped.

            “Listen you little bitch, you'll tell us where the stone is whether you like it or not.” Simon growled in her face and Evangeline smirked.

            “How are you going to do that, pup?” A slap was delivered to Lila's cheeks.

            “Ouch. That really hurt! I think I'm going to cry!” Evangeline pretended to cry before she started to laugh. “You should work on that. You need to improve, a lot.”

            “The hard way then. Miss Redway, I hope you know what you're in for.” Louis told her with a glint in his eyes that Lila didn't like the look of.

            “Bring it on Louis.” Evangeline told him and Lila wondered what Evangeline was getting her into.

---------------------------------------------------

Hopefully managed to show you how different Evangeline and Lila are...  Kinda.  You'll see a lot more of Evangeline taking over in the next chapter or two.  Heh.

Dedicated to my good friend Gloria, who hopefully will start writing again! :')

Hope you enjoyed the chapter! & if there's anything confusing (especially when Evangeline takes over Lila's body, it took me a while to write that), please ask and I'll answer! x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754K 16.4K 27
Living a life through the unexpected is an understatement; not knowing what might happen allows you to live your life to the fullest, without a care...
10.2K 400 31
First book in the Hybrid mate series...... His name Joshsan Morgan... Future Alpha of the blood scent pack... He loves running.. And being around peo...
388 24 30
Tessa Linton led the dream life of a teenager. Her parents were both doctors, and made an abundance of money. Against her wishes, her father insisted...
600 23 5
Amelia has spent her whole life teetering on the edge of accepting her fate and running from it. It's been two years since the death of her twin Damo...