Eternal Courage 2

By Theodore21

True Courage is Eternal. Welcome Back to the World of Bio-dueling. A Sport known the world over for his amazi... More

Chapter 0
Chapter 1: The First Challenge
Chapter 2: A Desperate Mission
Chapter 3: Cold Alliance And Rivalry
Chapter 4: A Feeling Of Danger (M)
Chapter 5: Vivid Signs
Chapter 7: Lingering Darkness - Unleashed! (M)
Chapter 8: Friendly Support
Chapter 9: A Sight of True Darkness (M)
Chapter 10: Maiden's Awakening
Chapter 11: The Dark Plan...Begins
Chapter 12: Unknown Dark Plans
Chapter 13: Kindred Spirit
Chapter 14: A Fun Day Out
Chapter 15: Deep Fears
Chapter 16: An Uphill Challenge
Chapter 17: The Darkness Strengthens (M)
Chapter 18: Remembering What's There
Chapter 19: An Unusual Answer
Chapter 20: Guiding Words
Chapter 21: Gentle...like the Snow
Chapter 22 - Sibling Reunion
Chapter 23: White Emergence - The Second (M)
Chapter 24: Deep Wounds of The Past
Chapter 25: The Mark of a bond
Chapter 26: Dark Traumas
Chapter 27: Bottomless Darkness
Chapter 28: High Price...but no Return
Chapter 29: Lost...But Not Alone (M)
Chapter 30: The Origin of One's Pain
Chapter 31: A Sign of Recovery
Chapter 32: Moving Forward
Chapter 33: Feelings of the Heart??
Chapter 34: True Feelings From The Heart (M)
Chapter 35: Darkness is Upon Us
Chapter 36: The Dawning Of the Truth
Chapter 37: Truth and A Mission (M)
Chapter 38: The Power of Perfection
Chapter 39: A Reason To Fight (M)
Chapter 40: A Battle Of Superiority (M)
Chapter 41: The Reunion...of Tears and Joy (M)
Chapter 42: Mythical Supreme Power
Chapter 43: Evil Takes on Another Face
Chapter 44: The Restart of One's Life
Chapter 45: Evil's True Face (M)
Chapter 46: A Power, Forged from Many (M)
Chapter 47: Power of Synergy
Chapter 48: Towards a Brighter Future
Epilogue
Preview: The Grand Celestia

Chapter 6 Lingering Darkness

12.3K 162 6
By Theodore21

(The Option for Music is on this chapter. Begin at START. The track is King Dedede's Theme)

It was the early morning. Later in the morning, the first elimination match was due to begin. Only those with a win under their belts were allowed through, everyone else...was going home. Anaeus, and Saku were in Sora's room where Ayoko was still sleeping. Ayoko was Anaeus' and Sora's little sister who previously was thought to be with Mrs Ash. But she now slept soundly on Sora's bed.

Anaeus was slightly worried as Saku checked her over "is Ayoko really okay Saku? She's barely stirred since you found her yesterday"

"I'm no doctor" said Saku "but I checked her over. She hasn't a single injury on her body. And with Sora's help I checked everyway"

"why did you need Sora's help?" asked Anaeus

"she is a girl brother" said Sora a little annoyed "so try to work it out" Anaeus tapped his hand with his fist "But yeah like Saku said, we didn't even find a graze"

"her breathing is quiet but normal. She's not hot, or shivering. She's just soundly sleeping. She does stir from time-to-time, so she should wake up eventually"

Anaeus then tilted his head "so how come we don't get a real doctor? I mean I'm sure he or she can look at her"

"Yeah...why don't we?" said Sora liking the idea but Saku sighed

"because then...Ayoko won't be able to stay" Saku turned to them both "I... remembered...a rule here at this place. Only those competing...are allowed to remain here"

"Yeah...you're right" said Sora a little depressed "for anyone not competing...they go home"

"but for us..." said Anaeus "there's nowhere to go home too" Saku heard a deep sadness in Anaeus'

"well...for now we're fine" said Saku reassuringly "For now, she isn't waking up. And we can claim she's staying here for a little while. Don't worry...I'm not letting her go"

Anaeus and Sora looked very relieved as Saku spoke "as they say, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it. For now...I'd better get ready...the elimination round starts soon"

"well...I'm better off staying here" said Anaeus "I know I'll miss the matches...but at least I can watch over Ayoko"

"are you sure brother?" said Sora "I could watch her"

"to be honest...I could do with a bit more sleep" said Anaeus yawning "one more day...and I'll be fine"

"you sleep any more, and you'll fall in a coma" said Saku jokingly "well, I'll see you later"

"Saku" said Anaeus "good luck out there" Saku heard a tone of worry "I'll be waiting on the good news" Saku gave a thumbs up and with that he left.

Saku and Sora arrived in the main training hall where many competitors had gathered. Saku noticed the training hall's, soft floor was split into thirds by different colours. The colours being, yellow, red and white. Saku looked at the number of people "more than I expected. I'd thought more would've gone through" just then the familiar chime echoed

"greetings everyone. Zhao here...now listen carefully. Today is elimination day. Only those who have won a match...are staying. Anyone, no matter the lifelines, who loses go home"

"so...it pretty much as he said...it's elimination day" said Sora.

Zhao cleared his voice, over the speaker, before talking "now...you have been pitted against opponents accordingly. Now for the list of fights" all around the training hall, on the walls, were holographic boards displaying the names of fighters. It displayed who was fighting who, where and when "you have been designated a position slot and colour zone. You are attend to that place, when you're needed...and for easier access just tap your glove, or sash, and you'll see when and where you fight"

Many people started tapping the glove. Saku put on his glove and tapped it "I fight fifth...in the yellow zone"

"for those who have designated violet, green or black" said Zhao "are to report to training hall two. The rules are the same. You lose, if you surrender, fight dirty or remain down for ten seconds. Also you lose, by forfeit, if you don't attend the fight in time. To make extra sure" Holographic men, in yellow appeared "these AI programs will monitor your every move for foul play. The fights begin in ten minutes. Now good luck...and fight on"

As the announcement died down, people for the other colour zones began funnelling out. For the fighters, for the yellow, red and white zone, they began pairing off. With the ten minutes to cool-down, fighters began warming up. Saku was examining the list of fighters "nope...nope"

"who are you looking for?" asked Sora

"oh, a friend. A girl I said I go watch when she fought. But I'm also looking for anyone familiar. Ah here's Logan" he said pointing to his name "He fights in the violet zone. And he's...fifth, dam I'll be missing his" the fights had started with grunts and groans going on behind them

"here's Kai Saku"

Sora pointed to his name "it said...he's second in the white Zone...so we can go watch his" Saku was still scrolling through

"ah...here she is" he pointed to the name Ellie "this is the friend I was talking about. She fights...third...in the red zone. So I can go watch her without a problem"

"look who else is fighting" said Sora pointing to Ryuu's name "he's third...in the black zone. I guess...he didn't have a win either" Saku put a hand on her shoulder reassuring her

"there definitely is a variety of names here..." Saku attention was drawn to a certain name "but this one...feels strange" the name read Hidan "no surname...weird. He's...last in the black zone"

"Hey Saku...I found your partner Pulya" said Sora pointing to her name "She's fourth, also in the yellow zone.

"well, let's go watch Kai. It'll help kill the time before your match"

The two went over to Kai's match which was already underway. Kai was fighting a older looking boy of seventeen in shirt and jeans. Kai looked to be in complete control as while he looked fine, his opponent was already breathless and panting. Saku looked at Kai "I think this fight is going to be over rather quickly. Who's he fighting anyway?"

"hang on...let me see" said Sora looking at a large board on the wall "it says...Steven" Steven was charging at Steven swinging a wide kick. Kai sighed

"how many times do we have to go over this?" Kai then punched forward in the air...which in turn made a fist of solid black strike Steven in the head.

Saku looked quite surprised as Steven staggered backwards from the punch. Kai then sighed "alright..." he put his hands together "let's get this over with" a thick pool of black ebbed from Kai's feet and from it...thick tentacles of black formed. The tentacles were whipping and striking at Steven hitting him senseless.

As Steven staggered backwards, Kai then separated his hands a little. Between his hand, a ball of solid black began forming "now...have this" Kai then put his hands, side by side in-front of the sphere "Dark...Matter!" a beam of black shot out from the sphere hitting Steven and sending him flying.

Steven was knocked out-cold as Kai sighed with a message above the fight saying WINNER KAI "that was boring" Kai then turned to Saku "I'll be seeing you in the next round" two adults in green carried Steven away "...that is if you can make it...loser" he then left in a huff. Sora looked quite bewildered

"just...what did Kai do?" Saku tone was rather plain

"he used...the power of Darkness" said Saku making Sora turn to him "alongside light, it's one of the new powers for B-ranked duellists" Sora saw Saku troubled expression

"have you seen this power before?"

"...Once" said Saku simply to which Sora pulled on his arm

"come on...let's go watch your friend Ellie. Otherwise you'll miss her"

"yeah...okay" said Saku trying to cheer up

Saku and Sora arrived at the scene of the fight where Ellie was fighting another girl.  The girl wore a white jumper and blue shorts, with short dark hair. Ellie was using a long red aura-pole in her hands while her opponent had a brown axe. Ellie and her opponent appeared to be fighting on an even basis, both clashing and parrying but Ellie looked a bit unenergetic. A few of the guys were watching with interest "those two girls certainly are cute looking" "Zanya with her figure, and Ellie with her curvy body" "not to mention they are both powerful" "but Ellie doesn't seem very...energetic"

"what the matter?" asked Zanya "is your heart not in it?" Zanya said swinging her axe to which Ellie evaded and jumped back

"No...I'm just a bit unmotivated"

Just then Ellie heard a voice "Ellie...Ellie" called Saku from the crowd waving to her "sorry I'm late, now go for it" Ellie upon seeing Saku lit right up with a smile

"Saku...hi there" she said waving "you made it" Saku nodded while her fans were a bit annoyed at her happy tone towards him "right that's the motivation I need" she then twirled her spear and held it in place, to which a red short blade extended out each end "alright Zanya...let's go"

Suddenly, with a spring in her step, Ellie was going all throttle with Zanya. Ellie was swinging her pole with precision and strong power. Zanya was trying to defend with her aura Axe but Ellie was striking with such speed...the blades on each end of Ellie's pole was cutting into her.

 Zanya tried countering with a powerful broad swing. Ellie then retracted the blades on her pole, and vaulted over Zanya, making her miss and threw her off-balance. Ellie then s flipped forward, striking Zanya with the pole to her back, making Zanya fall over. Then as a finish she stomped on Zanya's back. Zanya reacted for a minute...but then fainted.

A message appeared saying WINNER ELLIE, to which two adults in green carried Zanya. Ellie let out a sigh and then jumped "I did it...I won!" she then ran to Saku "I'm not going to get eliminated today" she had a nice smile

"you make it sound like you were going to lose" said Saku to which Ellie blushed

"well...I was just a bit un-motivated that's all. However knowing I had a friend in the audience gave me a right perk up" said Ellie which made a few of the men whimper

"I hear you. it's better to know you have a friend in the audience" Ellie nodded twice while Sora grew a little impatient

"when you two have finished bonding"

Saku chuckled in embarrassment "sorry Sora. Well Sora this is Ellie my friend at this...I'll just call it an academy. And Ellie this is Sora, my team-mate" Ellie gestured out her hand

"nice to meet you Sora. I'm Ellie...Ellie Raygor an A Ranked Fighter"

"I'm Sora. Also an A Ranked fighter, nice to meet you. Well congratulations on your match"

"thank you" said Ellie "I was quite lucky Saku was here" Saku again felt quite warm and fuzzy "when is your match due Saku"

"pretty soon. I'm going to the yellow zone now"

"then I'll come and watch you fight" said Ellie she said pumping both her arms "that I can cheer you on" with a nod the group left...with the whimpers of boys gently sounding behind them.

They had made it to the yellow zone where Pulya was just about getting ready for her fight. Pulya noticed Saku and Sora "you two cut it a bit close" Pulya had her hands on her side" It's important that you should watch this fight, so observe carefully. You might learn a few things"

"yes ma'am" said Sora begrudgingly "jeez, it's like being scolded by a teacher"

"Who's this Saku?" asked Ellie

"this is Pulya. Another team-mate of mine" answered Saku "she might sound harsh, but she does mean well"

"so she's also in your group" said Ellie "how many have you got in your group?"

"four, including the member I recruited who's on the way here. So I can only have only have one more" Ellie thought about this "well...here's Pulya's opponent from the looks of things"

"but...there's two of them?" said Sora

A mature looking young man stepped to Pulya, who appeared accompanied by a rather cocky looking boy. The mature man of about eight-teen had the appearance of a soldier. He wore white and green camouflage pants, big black boots and a simple beige button shirt. His hair was blonde and stuck straight up. It was completely flat on top. He also had a name tag on his shirt which read Brock.

Brock had a tough and confident front, while the other one looked much different "so this is your opponent Brock?" replied the cocky young man "it's a lady? Let's hope your principles don't get in the way...eh brocky"

"you don't to worry Drake. I take fights seriously no matter who the opponent is. Now go back to your place Drake" Drake compared to the upstanding Brock looked uncaring and boisterous.

Drake looked a bit younger than Brock also with blonde and scruffy hair. He wore a school uniform but his shirt was scruffily hanging out and his top button was undone, while one of his pants leg had the bottom torn off. He also had a metal chained attached to his trouser leg as well. Drake also had unusual blue eyes, as his pupils looked rather narrow. Drake then smirked "well Brock...I'll leave you to it. Just remember if you lose, I'll become captain"

"yes, yes as you keep saying. Now go on and watch"

"yes sir" Drake snickered "will do...sir"

Brock then turned  to Pulya well let us start with introductions. Brock then put his clenched hands on top of each other "I am captain Brock" a blue thick metal-looking aura pole extended (vertically) through his hands "of the Alpha academy" the pole looked quite short, about two feet, but it was very thick. "and I look forward to the challenge" Pulya seemed to be stifling a small laugh

"you've got a very stiff nature haven't you?" said Pulya "well, I'm Pulya" she then went down to her knees summoning her aura sniper rifle "but you'll have to guess which academy I'm from"

(START)

Pulya began taking shots at Brock. Her shot left a strong vibration and sound, as a large bullet of energy streaked across to Brock. Brock was using the aura-pole, sort of like a base-ball bat, to swat away the bullets of energy. Brock then began charging forward still deflecting bullets until reaching Pulya "allow to end your firing practise" then as Brock swung his pole, to his surprise a thick pillar of ice appeared blocking his pole "you're also an ice user?" he then felt the end of the sniper rifle press into his gut

"this sniper rifle...is just more of a hobby...but it gets the job done" Pulya then shot at Brock at point-blank range.

Brock was been carried by the strong sniper bullet by through strong will he scraped his feet on the floor and brought himself to a stop. Brock looked somewhat affected by the bullet as he slightly staggered "the power of the sniper rifle...is amongst the most powerful of all normal fire-arms. It fires slowly, but with such precision and power...one shot is enough to triumph over its enemies" Brock held his thick pole in hand

"how about instead of...being philosophical" said Pulya impatiently "how about we get on with this" Brock then, using his other hand he bent the pole at ninety degrees

"if you say so" Brock then threw the bent pole, which spun like a boomerang.

Pulya began taking shots once again at the pole, but it would weirdly swerve out of every shot. Then as it approached closer, Pulya made a pillar of ice form blocking the pole "that was kind of pointless" said Pulya but to her surprise the pole bounced off and curved back round towards her "What?" she was then struck by the pole, which bounced off her and went back to her.

Pulya tried to fend off the twirling pole with ice and her sniper rifle, but the pole just bounced off and came back, in crescents, striking Pulya with powerful hits. Sora was watching "Pulya can't even block that pole"

"yeah I know" said Saku "every-time she blocks it, it just bounces off. But how?"

"it's because of the way it's curved" said Ellie "the pole is thick and smooth, so being spun at that speed, makes it, more or less, a circle. And if you look closely" she gestured them to brock who was twisting his hands "Brock is somewhat guiding it. So he can guide it away and then pull it back"

"I didn't notice that" said Saku looking at Brock "you're quite battle-smart Ellie" Ellie turned a tad red

"I get by"

"still" said Sora "the pole will eventually lose momentum...as it is now"

The pole was no longer a blur, the shape of it now visible. Pulya was panting slightly "it's time to stop this" she relinquished her sniper rifle and pressed her hands on the floor "I've had enough of being battered" she made a three thick pillars stop the pole. The pole bounced off again, but was no longer spinning "there we go"

"I've still got one more" Brock then appeared catching the curved pole "now for a strong finish" Brock straightened his pole and with both arms struck powerfully at the pillars of ice. His pole hit the ice, shattered it and then hit Pulya hard, in the chest, sending her along the ground.

Pulya was getting up, but she held her chest breathing somewhat sharply "I think he just broke my rib-cage with that" she then lurched forward "I've got to end this now before the pain becomes too much to endure"

"Pulya is in a lot of pain" said Saku "It looks like she only has one move left to make...before she succumbs to it" Pulya stoop straight

"you should just give up" said Brock "you make any unnecessary moves, and you'll faint from sheer pain"

"that's why...I'm ending this now" said Pulya as she threw her gun "Bio-Armour...equipped" the gun the broke into aura threads and descended on Pulya.

The threads then began clashing with her arms, legs and torso. As it did, shiny looking metal began coating her. Her legs were completely encased in tall metal robotic like shoes. Long metal-like sleeves appeared over her arms, with a handle bar, which Pulya grabbed controlling a big metal claw-hand. On her chest a breast plate formed, and from her back two long cuboid tubes. The metal, was a light blue and appeared to flow upwards, as if water moved through it.

Pulya then looked at Brock "now then..." she held out her hand producing a cold blizzard making everyone shiver "let's end this now" then to the side of Brock a pillar of ice formed. Then more ice pillars seemed to, randomly, form around Brock

"I think the ice...is forming a shape" said Sora

"hang on...let me see" said Ellie jumping very high in the air surprising everyone "hmm...I see" she landed back down "it's a lightning bolt" Saku was sort-of staring "what?"

"you must hold the world record for the high-jump"

"well..." said Ellie with a little pride "I do like to keep fit, so I do plenty of exercise"

"back to the fight" said Sora bringing them back "you said a lightning bolt? Well let's see what she does with"

As Brock wondered what the pillars were for "and the purpose for these are?" Pulya went to one knee and positioned her arms like before, albeit a little further apart

"you'll be seeing shortly" once again a aura-weapon appeared. This weapon was much bigger, about three/four feet tall. It had a square end, a cuboid scope and somewhat short barrel. The weapon looked smooth and had a futuristic feel to it. Pulya held it steady and aimed through the scope "alright...now to initiate the endgame" she then fired a shot, a short beam of blue,...but it hit a pillar of ice.

The beam-like bullet then bounced the pillar, then to the next, and the next until returning to the first one repeating the path. Pulya then fired more shots, each one bouncing off the ice pillars. The many bullets and the speed of them, bouncing off the ice pillars, left an almost neon path of a lightning bolt. Pulya then stood up and raised her hand "time for the grand tactics..." she then dropped her arm "Grand...Luster!" suddenly fragments of the bullet beams began rapidly hit Brock.

Brock didn't stand a chance against the multitude of bullets constantly hitting him. Then Pulya aimed her fire-arm at Brock "now...for the grand finisher" this time the fire arm was shaking "now...have this" a strong spherical shot fired at Brock. Then as it hit him, the bounced off fragments, the bullets still bouncing, and the ice which began shattering and surrounding Brock in a blue tornado.

Brock was now stranded in the air...and unable to move. Pulya then relinquished her gun and leaned forward "let the cold winds blow..." lights began to oddly shine from the tubes on her back and below her feet "and freeze you through" suddenly a Jetstream of energy burst out, almost like engines, propelling Pulya towards Brock at an incredible speed "now face the chilling wind" she then jumped in the tornado and swung round aiming a kick at Brock "Northern...Impact!" as she hit Brock, the tornado instantly dissipated and brock was sent flying.

(END)

Pulya landed and staggered forward as her bio-armour wore off. Brock was stirring but only slightly "I...yield. I can go on...no-more" WINNER PULYA was displayed above them and both felt the pain leave their bodies. Brock then stood up "most impressive, you beat me badly"

"you let your guard down" said Pulya coldly "it's your own fault you lost" Pulya then went back to the group "let be a lesson to you two"

"yes Pulya" said Saku "just remind me not to tick you off in a fight. Otherwise I'll find how painful a cold really is" Pulya gave a small smile

"same here" said Sora

  Drake then casually clapped  "she well and truly beat you brocky" said Drake in a snarky tone "now, I'm captain...and you take the bus home"

"not unless you lose too...in which you join me" said Brock

"yeah, yeah. Now can my opponent...Saku is it step forward? I'm eager to start this and then go nap from pure boredom" Saku began stepping forward

"good luck Saku. I'll be cheering for you" said Ellie happily

"Don't lose Saku" said Sora "you still have a promise to keep" Saku stepped to face Drake

"well, let's get this over with" said Drake "I have a bed waiting with my name on it. And right now, you're interrupting my me time"

"well...soorrryyy. Then let's skip the trash talk" Saku prepared himself while Drake was in thought.

Drake had thought back to only an hour before "...so...you're telling me I'll get a fight like I'll never forget"

"that is right" said another male "I guarantee you the fight of your life. He might look scrawny, but he hides much power. It'll remind you of a raging beast"

"then tell me, tell me. How do I get this power out?"

"well should the fight grow stale, simply utter these words. This will bring out a power...like you've seen" Drake went back to the present

"alright Saku, how about we don't sand-bag...and get straight to it"

"if you say so...let's go" Drake then had a snigger "I will see this power...Oh I want to see"

From the side-lines Jay was on the phone "did you deliver the note of advice?" said mister X

"yes sir. Drake will definitely react, he certainly seemed up for it. But is this wise?"

"to see how to proceed, we need to see what defences are weak. Unknowingly everyone, keeps a reserve of power for safety or moral reason"

"I know what you mean. But you make it sound like, he has a lot stored away"

"There is great anger, neatly, tucked away in the depths of his being. For the most part his defence is very sound, to the naked eye no-one has a clue. But with the right weapon...every defence will break...freeing the darkness within"

"what if this power proves too much?"

"I don't see that been a actuality. Now...let's see how this fight develops...and then we move ahead." Jay continued watching, as Drake and Saku were about to start.

Continued in Part Two

Special Mention: King's Dedede's theme comes from Kirby. Fully belonging to Nintendo and Hal Laboratories respectively

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347 89 28
(Book 1/3) Ramses lives alone without his parents, like most of the kids in his neighborhood. Despite this, he still has his best friend, Dante. He a...
212K 6.6K 35
~ #13 in Adventure November 2016! ~ Eternal Grand Quest, a well received MMO that is being played the world over. A virtual reality game, where after...
169K 2.9K 63
The Tournament of Power is over. You are Cornelia a 20 years old girl and Universe 7, your universe won and they bring back all the eliminated univer...
29.8K 1.4K 40
MATURE CONTENT NOW ON PATREON (link in bio to gain access to two smut chapters) TRIGGER WARNING: suicide mentions "In Japanese and Chinese tale, it i...