Waiting For Mr. Left (Interra...

By ImJustReese

**This is Book One of the Fighting Temptation Series.** Mr. Right...shouldn't it be Mr. Left? Since on your r... More

Copyright ©
Chapter 1: In Which I Am The Fifth Wheel...Again
Chapter 2: Clean Up On Aisle 4
Ch 3: Chancla Warrior Princess
Ch 4: Sculpted To Perfection
Ch 5: Muse
Ch 6: The Fire That Burned The Bridge
Ch 8: Unexpected
Ch 9: I Got You Babe
Ch 10: Scrambled Not Powdered
Ch 11: Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Ch 12 Slurred Speech
Ch 13 A Paige From His Story
Ch 14: The Event That Shall Not Be Named
Ch 15: Special Delivery
Ch 16: No Doubt
Ch 17: He Loves Me
Ch 18 I Do
Ch 19: Back to Basics
Ch 20: The Secret Is Out
NOT AN UPDATE
Ch 22: At Last
NOT AN UPDATE...WELL YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Ch 7: Man-date

3K 119 21
By ImJustReese

Today is the day of Angelo and I's day date. Well, tomorrow actually, but he's out of work now, so we're leaving tonight. I am currently finishing up packing. He will not tell me where we are going; only that I'll love it.

If you say so Mr. July.

He got a kick out of Momma G when he called and she answered my phone. They spoke for like 15 minutes before I got to talk to him. When I finally got my phone, he was still laughing on the other line. Momma G loves him already, and is planning our wedding.

Only Momma G...

Calvin tagged along with me to the gym two days ago and met Angelo in person. By the time we finished working out and leaving, you would have sworn they were best friends since childhood. They talked sports, cars, westerns, and new tech gadgets. Typical guy talk, but what surprised me was when they spoke about thread count.

Simone and I stopped, looked at each other and whispered the same thing. "Are they talking about sheets?"

Even more surprising, they were talking about deep tissue massages. And have made plans to get one together, since apparently, Calvin knows where to get the best one.

Should I be worried? I wonder if he'd get along with Omar the same? Or Stefano...

FLASHBACK

Stefano arranged for his chauffeur to pick me up. I get a call once he has arrived. I do a once over of my outfit and hair before walking out of the door. I'm wearing coral colored ruffle top with mocha straps, with an asymmetrical sage colored skirt, and mocha jeweled sandals. Instead of my mocha purse, I opt for my studded mocha clutch instead. The driver pulls up in an all black Maserati. The man, whose name is Marcel, comes out and greets me before opening the door for me. The drive to our destination is short, 10 blocks or so. We pull up in front of one of my buildings, Stefano is waiting outside in simple dark blue jeans and a denim colored v-neck t-shirt.

He opens the door for me and holds out a hand to help me out.

"Good evening cara." He smiles dangerously before kissing the back of my hand.

I blush. "Good evening Stefano."

"I hope you do not mind. I cooked for us." He says, still holding my hand in his.

I smirk. "That depends..."

He steps closer to me. "On what bella?"

I smile at him playfully. "If it's good or not."

He looks at me, saying something with his eyes. He leans in, right against my ear. "Cara...I am always...good." He answers in a slightly husky voice.

I stand there at a loss for words. I hope he can't feel my heart racing through my hand.

He smiles devilishly. "Come." He says dragging out the 'm' a little longer than necessary.

He leads me into the building to the rear elevator, which of course leads to the loft. Once we arrive, he opens the door and I can smell the aromas of our dinner. He pulls out my seat and deposits me at the pre-set dining table, while he goes to retrieve our dinner. He made blackened salmon, green beans and rice pilaf. Omar must have told him that I don't drink alcohol, so he's gotten us sparkling grape juice instead.

I look at the gorgeous set up. "This looks divine."

He smiles. "Of course it is." He shrugs. "I am Italian."

I giggle. "Unbelievable."

Over the course of our dinner, we talk about real estate, the hospitality industry, he and Omar as teenagers, and of course he wouldn't be Stefano if he didn't add a cheeky comment here and there. For dessert he made my favorite, tiramisu. Let me tell you, it was the best I've ever tasted in my life. And Calvin makes a mean tiramisu, so this is something. I had like four plates, Stefano laughed at every plate I ate of it.

He smiles. "If I knew that way to your heart was through Tiramisu, I would have started with that."

I take a bite and make a face at him.

He laughs. "You are adorable."

Must he roll his 'r's like that?

All in all the date went well, I just don't feel the spark that I feel with Angelo. Stefano makes me laugh, but...I don't how to explain it. Angelo...he's...different. Stefano and I both agreed that we should remain friends, and we're looking into doing some real estate together in the near future. I got home early to Calvin looking at me like I just told him that Emma Watson married his worst enemy.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You told them that I was in town?!" He says waving his hands.

It took me a few seconds to realize what he was talking about. I laughed until I had tears in my eyes.

"It's not funny.  Alexis was okay...for Alexis. But Kamari tried to grope me in public." He whispers the last part. "I feel violated! And betrayed!"

I couldn't stop laughing.

He shakes his head. "She said some things that I'd rather not repeat."

Knowing Kamari, I can pretty much imagine what she said.

"Come on, she's not that bad Calvin. Give her a chance. You might like her, plus her 'would have been' boyfriend just tried to do the same thing her father has been doing to her all of her life. She could use an honest, good-looking, hilarious, handsome, intelligent, attractive man like you to make her feel important and wanted. Please Calvin, I don't want her to think that every man she dates will be like her father. Please?" I smile at him.

He rolls his eyes. "I never did like her father."

I pout. "One date. It can even be in a crowded place, so there are witnesses."

He frowns and stomps his foot like a kid. "Oooooh Alright. One date. But I swear if she tries to mount me, I will press charges." He points a very stern finger at me.

I nod in mock sternness. "Sure sure."

"I'm going to go call her. If you don't hear from me by the time you get back from your trip with An-gigalo and Duke Nukem, call the authorities. Oh, and make sure the picture you put on the back of the milk carton is a good one. Don't have me looking a fork short of a buffet."

I shake my head at him. "You are so dramatic." I laugh. "Why do you call Angelo and Duke that? I thought you two were best buddies."

"We are. He calls me Calvin Klein or Pretty Boy." He shrugs and begins to walk to his room.

I giggle at their nicknames for each other. "I can't wait to see what you call Omar."

Calvin stops in his tracks and turns slowly. "About that..."

I fold my arms over my chest. "Spill it."

I rubs the back of his neck. "Well, I found out he was Marz Kelly, like THE Marz Kelly. He called while you were in the shower, so we talked.  Turns out he loves my work. So we went out for beers while you were with the Italian, hence the attire." He smiles sheepishly.

I step toward him and he flinches. "You...answered my phone?"

He raises his shoulders, and lowers his head "...yes..."

I frown at him. "Calvin...what did you say?"

He winces. "I may or may not have answered, this is cushion pushin', how may I throw you?" His arms wrap around me. "Please don't be mad at me Bambi. I just wanted to meet him, and I thought you wouldn't let me because you used to date him."

I swear I can't be mad at him for more than 30 seconds. He's like a puppy. "Cushion pushin'". I huff out my annoyance. "I'm not mad, you big dummy." I look at him with an impish smile. "So how was your man date?"

He smiles dreamily. "He's perfect. After we talked at the bar, he took me back to his place and showed me his studio." He wiggles his eyebrows. "I saw the sculpture he's doing of you."

"You did?!" I say excitedly. "I haven't even seen it yet." I frown.

He smiles slyly. "And you won't until it's finished. He said he wanted to surprise you."

I pout. "Boo!"

He kisses my forehead. "I have a call to make you have packing to finish."

"I'm already finished." I say pouting still.

"So, let me pack and go with An-gigalo and Duke Nukem, and you take Kamari out on a date." He smiles impishly.

"No." I dead pan.

"Come on Bambi...do I have to? Please don't make me. I'll be good, I promise. I won't answer your phone anymore pretending to be a pillow making company."

I laugh. "Nope. You're going to take Kamari out and like it. And if she wants to grope you...I'm sorry." I pat him on the shoulder and turn him toward his room. I give him a push, to get him moving.

AT THE SAME TIME...

"STOP CALLING ME MARQUIS!! How did you even get my number?!" Kamari whisper shouts into the phone.

"Look baby, don't be mad...I didn't know that he was trying to manipulate me into getting you to do what he wanted. If I would have known, I would have never agreed. You never told me about him, so I thought he was cool. I thought we were doing something good for you. I mean...baby you're a brilliant woman. I just want to see you succeed. And I've never seen you with a job, so I thought it would be a good thing to get you motivated. Please...please just talk to me baby. I'm so sorry. I'll never do it again, I promise. Just please..."

She takes a deep breath. "Look Marquis...I can't talk right now. I have a meeting with a client in 30mins and I don't have time for this right now."

"...okay...I-good luck. Please call me when you have time. I don't want us to be over. I can't think straight without you. I...can I see you? We don't have to talk...I just want to see you."

She bites her lip. "I don't know..."

"Kamari, please..."

She paces slowly. "It's not that I don't want to see you Marquis. I miss you like crazy, but I....I don't trust you anymore..."

He's silent on the other line. He nods to himself. "Okay. I don't know how to fix this..." He runs his hand over his head. "I don't know how to make you trust me." He takes a seat on his bed and leans back. "I don't know what to say...I just know that, I can't stop feeling the way I feel about you, real talk."

They stay silent on the line.

A tear rolls down Kamari's cheek. She bites her lips and sniffles. She wipes her face. "We...we can talk later okay? I have to go." She hangs up the phone.

Before he can get a word out, the line goes dead. He sits up with his elbow on his knees, phone still in hand. He stares at the screen, and dials Alexis.

"What Marquis? I gave you her number. If she doesn't want to talk to you that's not my fault."

"It's not that. Just...check on her for me, please. She sniffled before she hung up. I just want to know that she's okay."

Alexis nods. "Okay."

"Thank you Alexis. Let me know how she is. Even if I can't see or speak to her, I just want to know that she's okay. Let me know if she needs anything."

"I will. Marquis?"

"Yeah..."

"Give her some time. The wound is still fresh. It's not all your fault. She's been dealing with her father her whole life. Things have shifted out of place and have rearranged themselves. She just lost everything, and at the same time, started a business and is busy with clients. Just give her time to adjust."

He nods with his head down. "I will. What kind of business?"

"She's a makeup artist."

"Makeup artist? But, she doesn't wear makeup?"

Alexis laughs. "That's how good she is. It's what she's always wanted to do, but her father kept screwing it up and sabotaging her."

He bites down on his jaw. "I should have known he was playing me."

Alexis frowns. "Hey...it's not your fault. That man is the master of manipulation. That's why her mother left when she was a baby. She couldn't be around him anymore. And if she would have taken her, he would have made their lives hell."

He sighs, shaking his head. "Snake. What kind of person would do that to their own wife and child?"

"He's not a person. Like you said, he's a snake. And now, he's a going broke, childless snake." She chuckles. "You better thank Nahia, she made you seem like a savior to Kamari."

"What do you mean?"

"She told Kamari, that you helped in a way. If it wasn't for you being fooled by him...Kamari would still be under his thumb."

"Does Nahia like jewelry?"

Alexis laughs. "No, she likes simple things. A thank you is fine. She's not into all that flashy bling. Plus, she's loaded. If she wants something, she'll get it herself. Just call her and thank her."

'Will you text me her number?"

"Sure. I'll check on Kamari."

"Thank you Alexis."

"Anytime."

They hang up.

BACK AT NAHIA'S

Calvin dials Kamari's number.

She answers with a forced smile. "Hey handsome."

He frowns. "What's up? Why are you upset?"

She stares at the phone shocked. "How do you even know that?"

"I live with women." He shrugs.

She giggles. "So...finally ready to board the Kamari express?"

He laughs. "No, but I going to take you out anyways."

She smiles. "You don't have to do that Calvin. I know I freak you out."

He chuckles. "Yeah, but...you're not so bad. You're actually getting tolerable."

She laughs. "Gee thanks."

He clears his throat. "You busy tonight?"

She blushes. "After 7pm, I'm free. Can we skip dinner and go straight for dessert?" She smirks.

He blushes. "Who says you deserve dessert?"

"Who says I don't?"

He's silent. He swallows hard. "Right, so I'll pick you up at 8pm."

She giggles. "8pm. Calvin?"

He takes a deep breath. "Yes?"

"What should I wear?"

"Clothes."

"Or not..." She smiles when he gasps. "See you at 8 Calvin." She hangs up.

He slowly pulls the phone away from his ear. He squeezes his eyes shut and shakes his head, trying to rid himself of the image Kamari put into his imagination.

Nahia pops her head in the door. "Hey Dimples. Angelo is here with Duke. I'm heading out."

He looks up at her. "Okay." He follows her out.

Duke is on him, happily wagging his tail.

"Duke Nukem!" Calvin laughs, petting Duke.

"If it isn't Calvin Klein." Angelo teases.

Calvin chuckles. "The infamous An-giggalo." They man hug.

"Where's Momma G?" Angelo asks.

"It's Thursday. She's at The Latin Lounge with her friends." Calvin answers.

They share a laugh.

"Ready babe?"Nahia nods with a smile. She kisses and hugs Calvin, while Angelo grabs her bag.

"An-gigalo, keep your hose to yourself. Bambi, don't make me an uncle. Duke Nukem, watch them. Get outta here carzy kids." Calvin says walking them out.

"Yes mom. Be good." Nahia says rolling her eyes playfully.

"When am I not?" He says with a face.

"I mean to Kamari."

He smirks. "Shouldn't you be telling her that? I'm the innocent one here."

Duke nudges her leg. She laughs. "Okay, I'm coming Duke." She looks at Calvin with a grin on her face. "You innocent...right. Bye Pinocchio."

They leave, Calvin stands at the door waving a piece of fabric he found randomly, as they enter the elevator. When they make it to the car, Angelo opens the door for Nahia. He then puts their bags in the trunk of his Silver 2016 Land Rover. He then opens the back door for Duke, before closing it and getting in himself. They are soon on the highway, talking as they make their way to Angelo's surprise destination. When they are almost at their destination she turns to him.

"So...where are we going?" She asks with a smile.

He looks in her direction briefly and smiles back. "It's a surprise."

She pouts and shakes her head. She turns to the back seat. "Duke, do you know where we are going?"

Duke sits up excitedly and makes a small barking noise, but gets cut off my Angelo.

"Don't you dare tell her." He says like a reprimanding parent.

Duke makes a sound as if mumbling, and lays down on his paws in the back seat.

She giggles.

He smiles, loving her giggle. "I'll give you a clue."

He faces him excitedly. "Well..."

His smile broadens. "There are trees."

She looks at him with her mouth hanging open. She looks around at the scenery. "There are trees now."

He grins. "I said it was a clue. I didn't say it was a good one." He shrugs.

She shakes her head laughing. "That's messed up. I'd punch you, if you weren't driving."

He shakes his head, chuckling. "You're violent for a little person. Doesn't the bible say to 'love thy neighbor...'" He smiles, knowing she is about to go off.

She tilts her head. "First off, I am not little, I am fun sized."

He chuckles.

She says talking with her neck. "Secondly, I do love-" She stops speaking immediately.

The car goes silent as Angelo stops the car in front of the log cabin.

He shuts the car off and turns to her, staring into her eyes. "Finish your sentence."

Her eyes go wide. "What s-sentence? I-I wasn't saying nothing." She blushes and turns away from him.

He unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car, shutting the door behind him. He walks over to her side and opens the door. He unbuckles her seatbelt and turns her toward him, bringing her face inches away from his. "Terminar. Su. Sentencia (Finish your sentence)."

She looks into his chocolate eyes unsure.

They stare at one another. He smiles. "You will say it before we get back." He then picks her up by her waist and puts her feet on the ground. He leans down to her ear. "Just so you know. I feel the same way about you." He kisses her cheek and opens the door for Duke to get out. He and Duke head to the trunk to get the bags and head toward the log cabin.

She stands there, her pulse racing, heart pounding, adrenaline pumping. She rubs her damp palms down her shorts, shuts the car door and heads inside.

The cabin is gorgeous. She walks staring at the structure in awe. She makes it into the living room and walks into a wall.

The wall aka Angelo, catches her. "Hey...you're only allowed to ogle me like that." He says with a playful smile.

He blushes. "Sorry. It's just so...wow..."

He laughs. "Thank you. My dad, some of the firemen, and I built it. It took about 5 years, but we finished it the summer before dad passed." He says somberly.

She takes his hand and squeezes it. She reaches up and cups his chin. "I'll tell you what Momma G tells me when I miss my mom."

"What's that?"

"If you ever want to see him, look in the mirror." She smiles and stands on her tippie toes. He leans down little so she can kiss his cheek.

He smiles at the thought. "Thanks." He takes deep breath. "Want a tour, or are you the purposely get lost and find your own way around kind of lady?"

She giggles. "A tour...with commentary."

He chuckles. "You're putting me work? It's my day off."

She quirks her lips. "Uh...no your day off starts tomorrow."

He nods with a smile. "Touche. The lady gets what she wants." He holds out his hand for her to take.

She takes it and they begin, with Duke following happily.

HALF AN HOUR LATER

"So...you hungry?" Angelo asks. His arms wrapped around her waist from behind, as they stand on the back deck.

She rests her head comfortably against his chest. "Yes, but...can we stay like this a little while longer?"

He smiles to himself, and rests his chin on the top of her head. "As long as you want."

They stand in silence, enjoying the feeling of one another.

"Mi amor...?" He whispers in her ear.

"Hmm..." She opens her eyes and turns her head toward him.

They look into each other's eyes. Angelo moves his head closer. Nahia watches him in anticipation.

"Screw it." He kisses her, making sure not to pace the kiss too fast. It's like the fourth of July, Mardi Gras, New Years Eve, and St. Patrick's Day all rolled into one kiss. Angelo stumbles back slightly, not letting go, or losing contact with her lips.

She responds immediately, turning fully toward him, and wrapping her arms around his neck.

He lifts her off her feet by her thighs, so that they are at eye level. He nips her lip, asking for entrance.

She complies, tilting her head. From there, the kiss intensifies. They both voice their approval.

Angelo wraps her legs around his waist, so he can cup her behind, and deepen the kiss.

A cold gust of air hits them. They break their kiss. Angelo rests his head on her shoulder. She rests her head on the side of his.

"Thank you Dad." "Thank you Daddy." They say simultaneously. They look at one another and smile, trying to catch their breath at the same time.

"You call Him Dad too?" Angelo asks with a smile.

She smiles back. "Daddy...yeah."

His smile widens. "And here I thought you couldn't get anymore amazing."

The blushes and hides her face in the crook of his neck.

He chuckles, rubbing her back. "Nahia...?"

"Yes." He picks her head up and looks into his eyes.

He looks at her with an unreadable expression. "I...I don't want to freak you out. I know we've only been seeing each other for like three weeks...well a month and three weeks if you count the time I wasted being a big chicken at the gym. I think...I might be falling in love with you."

Her breath catches. She blinks a few times. "I...me too."

The look on his face makes her heart swell. They go to kiss once more, but Duke interrupts with a startling bark. 

Angelo throws his head back and closes his eyes. "Duke..."

Duke responds with a bark from the doorway. She giggles and they head inside.

MEANWHILE

Kamari smiles watching Calvin pull up at exactly 8pm. He gets out of the car and open the door for her.

She smiles once more. "Punctual and a gentleman. If you're good I might let you dip your finger in the cookie jar." She says sensually, eying him playfully seduction.

He blushes closing the door after she is seated in the car. He gets into the driver's seat and they're off. Just for kicks, Kamari puts her hand on his thigh and caresses it a few times. She chuckles to herself whenever he jumps. 

Finally they arrive at their destination, Fig Tree Restaurant. The night continues with Kamari entertaining herself with Calvin's discomfort. 

He squares his jaw and takes the hand that is on his knee. "Kamari."

She smiles. "Yes, Calvin."

He tilts and leans forward. "You're beautiful, but...I don't like you...no! I don't want you the way you want me." He watches for her reaction.

Her smile broadens. "I know. I just like messing with you. You're so jumpy."

He deadpans, but smiles after. 

"Calvin...you're gorgeous. And funny, and talented, and rich, intelligent. I like all of those things, but...unfortunately or not...I like someone else. Which is weird since we've only known each other a short while." She looks to the side. "I don't know why? Why him out of all the people on the planet. He...broke my trust, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I've already forgiven him." She looks over at him. "Why do I miss him? He hurt me."

Calvin pulls her to him and embraces her. "Because hearts are stupid."

She laughs. "You would say that, wouldn't you?" She leans away from him, catching her breath. "Thank you Calvin."

He shrugs with a smirk. "That's not the first time I've heard that from a female after an intimate interaction."

She mushes his shoulder. "Unbelievable."

He shrugs again. "That either." He smiles.

She laughs. "You are so vain."

He pinches his thumb and pointer finger together. 

She shakes her head smiling. "This was nice. I needed it."

He smiles. "Yeah, I'm not so bad."

They finish their dinner and dessert, and head back toward Kamari and Alexis' condo. They say their goodbyes and Calvin heads home. As he walks into the building...

"Hey Calvin..." She says with a bright smile.

He smiles back and swaggers toward her. "Hello Simone..."

DUN DUN DUN!! I WONDER WHAT WILL HAPPEN WITH CALVIN AND SIMONE...

I KNOW, I KNOW! 

WHY THE HECK DOES IT TAKE SO LONG FOR ME TO UPDATE? I'M BUSY YA'LL. 2 BUSINESSES AND FREELANCING (LOVE IT) AND HELPING YOUR FRIENDS IS TIME CONSUMING. I'LL TRY TO UPDATE QUICKER FOR YOU ALL.

BACI BACI AWESOMITES!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 8.1K 43
I looked down at my freshly painted acrylic nails. My heart was racing and my palms were sweating. Although I was having a good time. It was time for...
15.7K 4.2K 18
" Well shoot " he looked shocked by my request. " You're not afraid to die?" I scoffed at his dumb question, isn't my request enough answer? " listen...
68.3K 3.2K 18
🚫🚫ALSO! I am aware the Spanish in this book looks odd. This is the third time Wattpad has changed up the letters in a strange way so I gave up.🚫🚫...
222K 7.3K 30
I look at him weirdly and before I know it his lips are on mine and his hands are in my hair. God his lips are so soft. I forget about what was going...