Bite Marks

By ambntyle

#93 in Werewolf 4/26/2017 #1 in Werewolf 1/9/2020 Cassie has spent her whole life fighting. Fighting for att... More

The Night Shift
Bare Skin
Charming
Survive
Scars
Unreasonable
Fire
Caged
Sunrise
Howl
Crazy
Ransom
Dove
Blood
Baths
Pheromones
Werewolves 101
Excuses
Wolf's Bane Tea
Panic
Boo
Nightmares
Friends
Nerves
Want
Truce
Civilized
Martial Arts
Theories
Memories
Running
Changes
Time
Plans
Acceptance
Myths

Scents

11.7K 755 103
By ambntyle

I blinked, but the man never made it to me. Kane had a fist locked around his throat, and a snarl on his face.

"Austin, I know how she smells but you have to calm down."

Kane's voice was steel, and the command was a physical thing in the room. Austin's muscles bulged as he fought the order, but eventually his red face started to relax and Kane cautiously dropped his hand.

Austin swallowed a few times, but resisted the urge to rub his neck as I would have done.

"Boss, what the fuck is going on?"

"Cassie has begun her change as I'm sure you can tell."

"I've never smelled anything like that..." Austin gulped. He was edging toward me, and I didn't think it was a conscious movement.

I resisted the urge to jump up and go hide in the bathroom. One I was treating him like a rabid bear (no sudden movements). Two I still had my pride (as tiny as it was).

"Yes, neither have I. We have a very unique situation on our hands it seems."

Kane was clearly deep in thought. It seemed he was now trusting this Austin fellow to keep his distance but I wasn't so sure about him.

His eyes still hadn't left me from the time he walked in. I wasn't sure what my role here was. So maybe I was a werewolf. That didn't mean I needed to stay here indefinitely. Surely this pheromone shit wouldn't affect regular humans. Though, that could be interesting. I smiled to myself thinking about Aidan as my insides warmed.

Kane's head whipped around and a low growl issued out of his throat. The hair on my arms stood up.

"Cassie. What are you thinking about?"

"Excuse me?"

I tried not to blush, but I could feel my face heating. Surely Kane couldn't tell I was having dirty thoughts about Aidan because that would be mortifying.

I looked over at Austin for help. Kane followed my eyes and he rose slowly. Once he was standing the chaos started.

Before I knew it Kane had Austin thrown up against the wall. The force causing plaster to rain down around them. Austin's face was bloodless.

Kane was snarling, and pulling back for a punch. As fast as I could I yanked Kane's arm back, but couldn't pull him away from Austin completely.

"What the hell is going on!?"

"Tell him you weren't thinking about me," Austin managed to squeak out between shallow breaths.

This was the second time in thirty minutes Kane had the poor guy by the throat.

"Kane seriously calm down. I don't even know this guy."

I still wasn't quite caught up on what was happening but Austin seemed to understand what Kane's problem was.

"He doesn't believe you," it was true.

Kane hadn't let up and I was pretty sure the only thing keeping Austin's face intact was my death grip on his arm.

"Kane really let the man go."

"Cassie I smelled your desire. You looked at him."

I could barely understand his words the growling was so thick. I tried and failed not to be embarrassed at the fact that my 'desire' as he put it was detectable.

"Kane. I'm serious. I wasn't thinking about Austin. I was thinking about Aidan. Let him go."

Kane turned slowly to face me. His grip on Austin relaxing. As soon as possible Austin was away from Kane and out the door. Leaving me with a seriously pissed off werewolf.

As he faced me fully I took a step back. Nice werewolf.

"Who the fuck is Aidan?"

His voice was still deep and gravely, and even though his anger was directed toward me I liked the sound of it.

"He is my... boyfriend. You met him that day when you were stalking me at the restaurant."

I wasn't as afraid of Kane has I had been then, now I was just pissed, the anger had me holding my ground. Stupid damn werewolf bastard.

"Boyfriend?"

Kane hadn't stop stalking me. The distance between us was slowly shrinking. I tried not to notice how good he smelled. He reached me and stopped.

"Yes, boyfriend. Why is that a problem?"

"Have you slept with him?"

Kane was towering over me. Completely in my personal space but I refused to move.

"Why the fuck would that be any of your business?" I arched my eyebrow.

"Oh Cassie, it is very much my business."

He closed the distance between us in a blink and my mouth was captured by his. He tasted even better than he smelled.

His lips were warm and firm and caused my brain to fog. My hands slid up his chest and into his hair of their own accord. His tongue swept across my bottom lip and I opened my mouth for him.

He kissed me deeper. I was drowning in sensation. I rubbed my thighs together seeking much needed friction as his tongue explored the inside of my mouth. I eagerly opened wider and when he sucked my tongue into his mouth I thought I was going to explode.

I moaned when his hand grabbed my backside and squeezed. His hands felt better than anything I had ever experienced. His mouth left mine, and before I had time to protest I felt the warmth of it on my neck.

He was sucking and biting, and I was panting like a dog in heat. Which I guess I was. His mouth trailed down to where my neck met my shoulder and I shuddered as his tongue and teeth worked the sensitive area.

I sighed, his name on the tip of my tongue.

"Kane." I moaned loudly, too turned on to be embarrassed with myself. He growled in response his whole body vibrating. I imagined what it would feel like if he made that noise while he was inside me.

It was then that inner Cassie, smarter Cassie finally put on the breaks. You cannot have sex with Kane! You have a boyfriend. He is a werewolf. You have a boyfriend. He is an asshole. You have a boyfriend!!

I pulled back quickly. In a blink I was across the room. I silently looked Kane up and down. Doing my damnedest not to linger on the significant budge in his pants.

The man was attractive, but he wasn't worth the drama. I had reached my quota for violent dramatic men.

"No." I had meant the word to come out firm, but I was still coming down from Kane's kisses and the word was breathy with need.

My panties were soaked and I knew he could tell by the way he kept inhaling, his eyes never leaving mine.

"No?"

"No. I have a boyfriend and I want nothing to do with you and your damn pack of werewolves. If you need someone to help your situation I'm sure Sierra would be more than happy to oblige."

I casually tossed my hand in the direction of his crotch, but kept my eyes firmly on his.

"I can smell how much you want me Cassie," his voice was still low and delicious. I needed to put a quick end to this.

"I was thinking about Aidan remember?"

His fist flew and plaster exploded in a cloud of white. He was out the door before I could say anything slamming it behind him. I took a deep breath. I needed to calm down.

I looked up at the hole. He had hit a stud. Wood had splintered and the beam was almost in two.

Holy shit. What had I gotten myself into?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 53 12
Kaitlyn a 17 year old girl, born into a pack of wolves but not a wolf, everyone made fun of her because of it and also because of her pale skin, ligh...
26.6K 686 27
He grabbed me, and I felt tingles go up my arms. I started to thrash around trying to get out of his grip. As much as my wolf wanted him, I didn't an...
114K 6.9K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
19.2K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...