Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 21

495 69 0
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 21

I just look at Hayley as she takes a sip of her hot chocolate on my bed while I sit on the ottoman.

Poor Hayley. Whatever happened to her in the night of New Year's Eve must have been really terrible. I always saw Hayley as the I-have-it-all girl, but tonight was very different, worst of all New Years Eve.

Once I saw Hayley's face the moment she unwrapped herself earlier, I gasped. Without a waste of time I brought her to her feet and hugged her. We didn't talk much after and I told her to take a hot shower and borrow one of my pyjamas.

That was few hours ago. Right now it's 1:30 am on New Year's Day and I'm just sitting on the ottoman staring at her like a stranger.

Hayley turns to look at me as she takes another sip.

"Thank you so much Naomi." She said.

I just gave her a small smile. "Anything for you."

She drops her cup beside my bed and sighs.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

She looks at me with a very sad expression. Any minute from now she will start bursting out in tears.

"It's Luke." Her voice breaks.

"What did he do?"

She looks down and clears her throat as I was ready for her to make all her confession.

"Basically I went to New York for the Christmas like I told you before. I went to stay with Luke for the whole break before school starts."

I wait for her to say more.

"Well I went two days before Christmas and he was so sweet the very first day I went there. After that day he never had time for me." She starts crying. "He left me at home most of the time and he leaves early in the morning and come back late."

I stand up to sit beside her and I put my arms around her.

"Whenever he came back he didn't talk to me much neither did he acknowledge my presence. Earlier today I had to go to the hospital to see one of my cousins because my aunt knew I was coming to New York and I promised to spend a day in the hospital. When I came out of my cousin's ward, I saw Luke standing infront of the reception desk but he didn't see me. I thought his grand mum or someone close to him was dying until a girl from my old school was standing beside him. I looked down to see she had a quite big tummy...." She continued. "She was pregnant. I didn't think it had anything to do with Luke until one of the nurses said the word 'parents' and I knew what was going on."

She looked at me with her very sad eyes. "I called his name and when he saw me..." She closed her eyes. "He pretended like he did not know me."

I hugged her tighter. Luke was such an asshole.

"I tried talking to him but all he did was to ignore me and when the girl asked him who I was, he denied that he knew me." She cries harder this time.

"He's such a big dick." I whispered.

"I quickly went to his house and packed everything and took a cab to the airport without telling him. He should be smart enough to know I was definitely going to leave right away."

I take the box of tissue from my bed side and hand it to Hayley. She takes it and blows her nose.

"The moment I got back here, I called my mum and told her I was back but she didn't seem bothered about it. I was trying to explain what happened but she said she didn't have much time to talk on the phone and she was very busy with work today." She continued. "I called Jenna but she seemed less interested in hearing about my problem because she thinks I complain too much. I tried staying at home as well but I was too sad and lonely and I needed someone to talk to. Then it came to my mind when I knew there was nobody who cared about me except for you."

I smile at her. I actually did care about her.

"When I got to your house, nobody answered the door and I thought you must have been out with your family for New Year's Eve. My heart broke down more and I wasn't ready to go back home so I decided to wait infront of your house till you come back."

"I'm glad you waited." I hug her again. "But who gave you the grey blanket?"

She chuckles at my question. "I always keep the blanket at the back of my car."

I nodded slowly to her weirdness. But who's there to blame when it's winter.

I look down at sad Hayley on my arms. It was very unusual for me to comfort someone because I was always the one being comforted by someone else. I didn't let it bother me because it was Hayley. She was also one of the very few people that cares about me.

"Where did you go to?" She cuts me. "You look good."

I grin because I've been waiting for her to ask that question.

"A second date with Adam." I blushed.

Hayley jumps with her mouth gape open as she looks at me.

"Adam?? What is wrong with you Naomi?! He's an asshole!"

"I know I know," I waved my hands, "he kept trying to come back to my life and he's not as bad as you think he is."

"That's what you think."

"That's what I know." I groan. "Let's just forget about me. You're the one having problems now not me."

"I don't care." She lays back on the bed. "As long as I know Luke isn't going to be sleeping home tonight."

My eyes open wide.

"What do you mean?"

She gives an evil grin and stretch out for her bag and brings out a set of key. She took his house key!

"No way!" I chuckle. "Hayley you're so crazy!"

"It doesn't matter." She smirks.

"Doesn't he live with his parents?"

"Nope. He lives alone at the moment, his parents are always busy. He's sleeping his ass outside because I took the spare key too."

I just shake my head in surprise as I look at Hayley. She's one of the most dangerous girls I know. Nobody messes with her and I like that.

"So what are you going to do about everything now?" I asked.

"Move on and get used to my terrible life."

"Your life is not terrible at all."

"I wish! My parents are always too busy for me! My boyfriend or rather ex boyfriend got another girl pregnant! My friends don't want to reply me!"

"All you friends yeah?" I raise my eyes and look at her.

Definitely I'm her invisible guardian angel.

"I guess so..." She looks at me. "I thought we weren't friends?"

"I dunno.." I trail off and furrow my eyebrows.

"I'm just playing with you!" She laughs.

I just sit still and look at her.

"Okay I'm actual serious." She stops laughing. "You told me earlier that we shouldn't be friends right?"

"Uhh I guess so.." I touch my chin. "I wasn't that serious was i?"

"Yes you were!"

"Maybe because I was just mad at you that time."

"Look it's fine I understand. We can do what you-"

"I want to be your friend again."

Damn I sound so childish.

"You sure?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah I'm sure Hayley. I'm sorry for letting everything go astray."

"It's fine it's fine." She grins and opens up her arm. "Come here."

I roll my eyes and come closer to hug her.

"You owe me more hot chocolate." She whispers which makes me chuckle.

It's good to be back with this weirdo again.

************

"So tell me what it was like?" Grace asked.

"It was spectacular." I replied.

School is going to start this Monday and Grace decided we should hang out this weekend before then. It's Saturday and my idea of hanging out with Grace was to visit her house.

Hayley went back to her house that New Year's Day although she didn't want to. We talked a few times after that day and she found something else to keep her busy for the week before school starts on Monday and that makes me feel a whole lot better now.

I've spent almost an hour in Grace's room and suddenly she starts asking about my New Year's Eve date.

"He was so much better than the last time." I continued.

"Hmm how?" She smiles as she lays on the bed and look at me.

"I really dunno.. Just everything. He was sweet and he cared so much about me. He was more interesting than the last time.... " I smile. "And the way he looks at me.... His eyes..."

From the corner of my eyes I could see Grace grinning from ear to ear. I turn to her and she was continuously grinning at me.

"What?"

"Somebody is in love." She wiggles her eyebrows.

"What?! No!"

"Then why are you smiling." She smirks.

That's when I actually realised I was smiling.

"Just go away Grace!" I groan.

"This is my room."

I roll my eyes and smile at my crazy bestfriend.

"Did you guys kiss?" She asked.

"I wish." I puff.

"Why would you go on a date and not kiss?"

I sigh and knew I had to go through a whole process of explaining to her on why we didn't kiss. I turned to her and started explaining in details and all she does is grin at me like I am her child.

"Please stop grinning at me like that." I whined.

"What! I'm just happy for you." She said.

I nod my head. "Okay..."

"This is all you've ever wanted isn't it?"

"I guess so.." I trail off.

She was right. This is all I ever wanted in high school. At least even if it's only once in my lifetime, just one boy who would look at me and see a different perspective rather than act like a jerk.

Adam was a jerk anyway but he seems different now and since he is proving his real self to me for the moment, I actually like that Adam. No, I think I love that Adam.

God knows how I really want to see him again. I miss his eyes and his smile and his pink lips and his... Jawline!

"Naomi!" Grace snaps me.

I turn to look at her.

"Were you listening to anything I just said?"

"Uhmm what were you saying?" I asked.

"Do you really like Adam?" She looks at me.

Well that was the question of the day.

"I dunno... Because I liked him before he dumped me... And this time the feelings seem much more stronger than then."

"So you love him?"

I look at her.

"I really dunno Grace."

To be honest... I think I do.

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 21

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.3K 664 35
David has a huge, life-ruining, crush on Alyssa Harvard (who is only about one billion times out of his league). As if that wasn't enough of a proble...
4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
11.2K 632 46
Kiara Jones a seventeen year old girl lives a simple life with her family and friends in Florida. She had never been in love neither had flings. Kia...