Broken heart of a warrior (ON...

By xxSweetSimplicityxx

Only 15 years old Alina discover her mate and it's nobody else than the werewolf prince Alessandros, she was... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 7

77.4K 737 136
By xxSweetSimplicityxx

Waiting for the princess outside by the car was nerve racking.  It seriously was taking more effort than I realized knowing I was going have to protect her.  This is truly an act of personal sacrifice and test of my control.  However, Master assured me that all will be well.  He has entrusted me to be strong maintain my honor and word as a Warrior to him that I would defend her as I would any other assignment.  I am seriously going to need a run after when I´m done with her today.  I will not intentionally let harm come to her and let Master or my unit down.  I have a job to do even if I really don’t want to. 

We have been standing here waiting for her out in the sun for the past half hour.  The car has been secured and now just need her highness to bring her annoying self out so we can go.  This is ridiculous. What was taking so long, I honestly don’t know why it takes anyone so much time to get ready.  It is not like another layer of make-up will do her any good. It is insane how she disregards others time.  Oh and lets not even talk about her wardrobe.  It disgusts me that she is to be the future Queen.  When that happens I will make sure I am far away and Siberia sounds perfect place to live out the rest of my life.  Till then I will focus on ignoring her, her voice, her slutty ways, and focus on the job.  No one ever said I had to like it just had to keep her alive for the time being.  Master made me a promise and I know he will not let me down.  I can do this without killing her.  I might fantasize about it thought, so no promises there.  But for now, she needs to stay alive.  One day she will get hers in return. 

Axel kept cursing under his breath for the last twenty minutes when he rumbles, “Where is she? Damn that woman!”  I’m trying to keep my frustration to myself but the ranting is wearing on my nerves just the same.  But after standing in the blazing sun in our full Warrior gear I start to waver.  I can feel beads of sweat rolling down my spine where the thick black leather gear was trapped as the temperature rises.  Man I hate that feeling it makes me itch.  “She´ll come but if she doesn’t hurry I might lose my mind and I take it out of her hide.” I growled under my breath.

“Well if she doesn´t…” he didn´t even get to finish the sentence when her royal ass decided to joined us. I had to take a double take at her, she out did herself.  She had more make-up than before and that dress!  Seriously, I don’t even think you can you could call that a dress, it was two sizes too small, suctioned to her body and barely covering her assets.  Her long blonde hair was bouncing around her head in tiny ringlets as flounce her ass over in 3” high heels. Can you believe this?  Who goes to the mall in high heels?  Obviously she does. 

With her higher than mighty attitude, Clarynn looks at us and snaps, “Well we can go now!  What are you waiting for a Santa Claus?” Augh!  I honestly want to just wipe the smirk off her face.  It would just take a second and bring me so much pleasure.  There was not even a hint of apology for her tardiness.  Lord help me, how am I going handle being by her all day I cannot stand look at her much less tolerate her voice.  I stood there watching her as she sashays past Axel and headed to the car.  In that moment a car arrived.  We stood there waiting to see who just arrived when a moment later the Queen emerged from the vehicle.  She made eye contact with Axel and me and gave us a genuine smile.  It was rare for a Warrior to elicit any friendliness from others outside our group and I was somewhat taken back by the real warmth sent in our direction.  Most see us and walk the other way some even run.  It’s not shocking we are the vile monsters your parents warned you about we are Warriors.  But for some reason the Queen did not shy from our presence.  She embraced us with a smile and respect of our position.  However, the moment she fixed her gaze on Clarynn, we watched as her smile fade into a scowl.  It was clear she disliked the princess and it was clear as day.  The Queen glided up to Clarynn before she entered the car.

“What are you wearing?” she demanded.  The Queen held stern expression and her eyes narrowed down on Clarynn as she spoke.  There was no love between them and if I was not mistaken that was some hate radiating out the queen. 

“A dress isn’t it obviously.” Clarynn said looking at her nails disinterested in the Queen.  It was if she was being put out to just to speak with the Queen.  I subtle growl left my throat before I could hold it in.  The Queen gave me a questioning look before focusing back on the princess with irritation.  Her expression quickly transformed from disgust to fury as she growled, “You are princess now and should behave like one. You can´t just go around looking like a… like a…” she just couldn´t utter the word that we all had been thinking.

“A slut!” rang across the yard.  Axel just could not hold his mouth shut and you could see him smirking behind his eyes. Everyone turned to look at him as he just shrugged and said, “What? It´s true.” I couldn’t contain myself and playfully slapped his arm and went for the driver seat.  I knew that if I was not driving I would end up killing Clarynn in the backseat.  That left Axel to flank Clarynn’s position in the back.  She narrowed her eyes on him as she made way for the door.

She turned and looked at Axel and fumed, “I can get you punished for saying that to me. You know I´m the princess here and you have to respect me!”

Axel stood just behind her and bluntly stated, “Well YOU ARE NOT MY PRINCESS!  We are here because you need us to protect you SO I can say WHATEVER I want to WHOMEVER I want to.” He left her standing at the door and refused to look at her or say another word as he went around to the other side of the car.  She stood there speechless as she watched him leave her standing.  It was clear Axel did not like her at all.  It was refreshing to see.  Unfortunately, my father and my mate who is now her husband don’t seem too indifferent towards her.  Nope I am not going there.

The Queen silently watched the exchange between them as she stepped closer to Clarynn and a low voice etched with anger spoke, “When you return, we will talk about this. Do NOT think I will forget.” With that the Queen turned sharply and fumed to the palace doors.

Clarynn stood at the door and watched the Queen pace away.  She huffed and slid into the back seat then became irritated when she realized that no one was going to close her door for her.  Deserves her right!  We may be guarding her but we are NOT her servants.  If she thinks so she has a rude awaking coming.  Axel and I will not be subjected to her.  Once we were all seated and I began to drive she had to open her screeching voice again.  I really think she should be debarked like any annoying dog would be.  Then she sneered, “That bitch!  Who does she thinks she is? I´m the princess now and I can dress however I want.”  She then turned her attention to Axel and yapped, “You there, you will watch your tongue next time or I will tell my father.  Then he will cut it out for me if I so chose to have it.” I couldn’t hold it in and snorted aloud and Axel began to full heartily laugh.  When I looked back in the rear view mirror I saw that Clarynn was stewing while giving us both a murderous look.  If looks could kill, both of us would be dead in an instant.  That just made me chuckle little more. 

After several minutes, it was like a switch flipped and she began babbling about some pointless crap while telling us about how everything revolves around her.  We should get on huge ass reward when we are done on this mission and some award for sainthood after this damn trip!  The drive was hell.  I even think Axel was on verge of jump out of the car a few times.  He begged me to let him get out and just run behind us, so he didn’t have to listen to her anymore.  But I sent him a message back via our link that left no room for discussion, “Oh, hell no, you don’t Axel!  I cannot be alone with her.  You know what will happen if it was even just for a minute.  It would no longer be an outside force trying get to her it would be me that she needs protection from.  You know you cannot leave me alone with her I will go insane then come after you for ditching me!”  He chuckled but agreed to bear the agony with me as we continued on our path.  That was when to my utter horror saw Clarynn flirting with Axel just after broadcasting how she was happily married and laying it on thick.  I could not believe that she would have the balls to not only flirt in front of us but to be trying crawl into the pants of one of us.  Seriously, what type of marriage did they have? They were both so desperate to jump into bed with another outside their marriage. Wow sucks to be them; I would hate having a marriage where commitment is not honored.  Guess God has given them some reprisal for their actions and it will soon be my turn.

I hadn’t even stopped the car yet to parking before Axel jumped out, like someone lit a fire under his ass.  I sent him a little message, “Oh come on now lover boy!”  He was glaring back at me as I stepped out of the car and checked the area.  We were standing there waiting for the princess to exit the vehicle when I realized she was still sitting there waiting for us to do something.  I was like; really you have to be kidding me.  Does this dumbass think we are going to open that door?  She was staring at us while we just stood there waiting for her but refused to offer any assistance.  It was several minutes that she sat there till it donned on here that we were not her servants.  With a scowl, Clarynn stormed out of the car and slammed the door shrieking all the way, “You dogs can´t you open the door for the lady?” Hold on, did she just say the word dogs again? Did she really just go there again?  My nosed flared as I took several deep breaths as I tried really hard to keep myself from reaching over and strangling her.  I took the higher road and let her comment slip but mark my words, next time Clarynn will see what a real dog does when you piss it off.  I might just take a bite out of her before I tear her into pieces.

Before I could even mumble a response Axel piped in with, “Kendra, I don´t see a lady anywhere, do you?” Axel looked around like he was searching for someone and I just couldn´t contain myself and released a snort and rush of laughter.  She stomped her feet and began walking away from us in her boiling anger.  We allowed her some space but continued to scan all around for any possible threats.  After a few Axel took the lead and I took the rear position.  It was exhausting to follow her as we went from store to store.  Clarynn tried every damn dress in each of the stores before we went to the next one.  It was crazy she never bought anything but then the day’s event turned into shit. 

Clarynn eyes twinkled with mischievousness as she slid pass me and moved towards a specialty store catering to sexy clothes and lingerie.  She looks back over her shoulder and smirked with a look, “I just have to find something special for tonight.  My husband has such a ravenous appetite and I just have to find that one thing that he won’t be able to resist.  I am looking forward to being with him and letting having have his way with me.  He’s always likes what he sees so I just can’t wait till we can be together.”    With that I felt tug of jealously as my wolf became on edge wanting to wipe the smirk off.  Axel who had been observing moved forward to enter the store with the princess from hell as I took position at the front entrance. This allowed me to pull myself back together.  I had promised and I know that nothing good will come of me reacting to her snide comments and bating.  She wants to see if I’ll react.  I know she is lying to a degree.  Her mate already tried crawl in my pants and he has no clue that I am his mate.   

While waiting for them, I noticed two strange males looking in our direction.  They were sitting outside a small coffee bar and were pretending to be relaxing and enjoying the sights. Yet, their view was focused directly towards the store and they were not attempting to drink the coffee in front of them or converse with each other.  They were not aware that I had caught sight of them and I was grateful for the amenity my every present sunglass offered.  Bet they think that they are blending in, but their actions and body language gave them away.  So as I am watching them I discretely try to take in their smell to determine if there was anything familiar about them but with all the scents filling the mall I was not able to. 

“Axel two suspects in my sight.”

“She is almost done with her stupid shopping spree. We will be outside in just a few minutes.”

“Okay, I´m awaiting for you two outside. I am looking to locate more targets.  Prepare your weapon Axel. I think we will have some company soon.”

“I will Alina, be careful.”

I disconnected the mind link and went on high alert in search for more intruders.

I slowly moved away from the entrance and took a couple of steps forward.  With a slow stretch I was able opened my lengthy leather coat and clicked open the button on my belt that secularly held my gun.  My katana was fastened to my back as was the little dagger safely hidden in the back of my trousers.  I slowly turned my head towards the left pretending to stretch when saw a woman leaning against the wall seriously hyper focusing at on her nails.  I rolled my eye, really, couldn´t she be more obvious.  No one comes to the mall to lean against the wall and pick at your own nails for that length in time.  You can do that at home thank you very much.  With that, I finished the stretch and casually turned and headed towards the entrance of the store again as I secretly looked to the right to make sure that there were no other suspicious characters lurking around.

“Axel I have three suspects. Two males sitting outside the small coffee shop and to the left of the store front is a female with short dark brown hair.”

“We are coming out Alina, be prepared.”

Axel and Clarynn began to slowly walk outside the store, while she was carrying on about the sexy lingerie she found and how her husband will be so pleased.  During her rant, Axel was on full alert and making direct eye contact with me.  I nodded and step beside them as the woman on the right slowly began to walk towards us and the other two suspects began making their approach.  That is when all hell broke loose in the middle of the mall.

I wound up pushing Clarynn really hard to get her out of the way and into safety.  She landed hard on the floor, and quite possibly will wind up with a great big bruise on her face that will trail down the left side of her body as well.  Of course the princess was a ditz and never noticed the shift in atmosphere. 

Completely unaware of the imminent threat Clarynn sat up a little and hollered out, “What the hell? Why did u push me, you…!”

I cut her off and snapped at her, “If you want to stay alive, stay there and don´t move before I tell you. Is that clear?” She looked me with wide eyes and nodded.

Axel was already in the middle of a battle defending us from the woman, who was attacking him with a small dagger in her hands. I couldn´t concentrate on them, because I knew there were still two others targets who had already moved in.  I knew that their plan was to have one distract me while the other person went after my assignment, Clarynn.  The only way I could protect her was to pull my gun and eliminate one of the targets before civilians and innocents are harmed not excluding my charge.  I immediately fired and shot the closest one right between the eyes and he was instantly dead as he fell to the floor. 

The crowd around us started to scream and run in every direction looking for the nearest exit.  This impeded my ability to get another shot off without risking harm to others.  With that I quickly replaced my gun to his holster and prepared for hand to hand combat.  The second male spotted me through the crowd and ginned wide.  He had not seen me as a threat and for that he will pay with his life.  That was his big mistake. As he moved in my direction he slung out, “Move woman and I´ll let you live. We won´t you any harm, we want that bitch over there and nothing more.” 

I gave him a smile and said, “If you want her, you will need to get through me first.”

Narrowing his eyes on me, the perpetrator lunged. I was able to block his first swing and followed up with a right hook straight to his nose.  The crunch of bone could be heard over the shrill of people running for their life.  It only setback the man for a moment, the attacker moved into a fit of rage and flung his massive body towards me. Unfortunately, he was able to get in a good shot and made contact with my ribs.  I felt several cracks and the excruciating pain made it very hard to think for moment.  His mass outweighed me by several hundred pounds and I am sure I have at least two broken ribs now but I have taken down men like him before.  He charged me again but I was able to get several swings in and push him back.  Unfortunately, he had gotten a few more good hits as well.  With them and the force of the previous kick I had received my body was aching with sharp pain radiating from where he hit my ribs.  I knew I couldn’t hold up again to another direct kick so I reached back and grabbed the hidden dagger from behind by back and was able to dodge another punch to my face as I threw back the dagger and plunged it straight his left eye. He looked at me with shock as he fell straight down to the ground and no longer moved.  He was dead.  I had hit his brain causing instant death just like a direct puncture to the heart will do to a werewolf.  The folklore about silver bullets is not true.  They won’t kill us but they do make us very sick and silver will take our strength from us. 

Clarynn was still sitting on the floor where I had shoved her shaking now and screaming hysterically as she looked at the three dead bodies surrounding us.  Axel was trying to calm her down without touching her and using soothing words. I figure she will have nightmares from now on about this trip, but I honestly do not care.  I have lived with them and worse over the last five years and I survived.  There are even some of those that still haunt me to this day.  Now she can get a little glimpse of my existence and experience a little bit of what I have to live with every day, because of my father and her treachery.

I was starting to calm back down as Axel starting to take Clarynn’s bags, when a sudden movement from the corner of my eye caught my attention.  I quickly twisted around, as a searing pain ripped through my torso and took my breath away when I saw a man aim a gun toward Clarynn and he pulled the trigger.  In a flash without second guessing my actions, I flew against her and smacked her into the glass doors at the entrance of the store.  Clarynn’s head smashed into the glass with such force it exploded into millions of pieces.  She fell against the entrance wall.  Shocked and fear spread across her face as she watched me in horror.  I suddenly felt a sharp burning pain radiating from my right shoulder that quickly spread thru my body.  I couldn’t hold myself up anymore and collapsed on the floor as my blood began to pool around me.  I had taken the bullet for my worst enemy my step-sister the wife of my mate.  I was not able to move, I was feeling very light headed and could fell that I was starting to lose consciousness a little but we have to get out of here and fast.  I heard Axel swear as he began firing at the assailant.  I could tell he was not successful in hitting his target as he continued to curse several times and I was sure the man was already long gone. 

“Fuck! Are you alright? Answer me, where is the bullet.” He kneeled beside me and starting to touch me trying to figure out where I was hit. 

“AUGH!!! I think it went thru my shoulder. Don´t press on it!  Just take her.  We need to get to the car fast. We have to go NOW!  If they can come back and we cannot defend our self’s, we have to go.” He looked at me, like he was in trance.

“Axel NOW!!!” that sobered him up as he reached over and collected Clarynn things as I crawled up to a standing position.  My body screamed in agony but I had to move there was no choice.  With the injuries I could not move fast and could barely take a shallow breath. Every step was excruciating but I have live through worse.  Axel ordered Clarynn to lay down in the backseat as I rode shot gun.  Axel was driving like the hounds of Hell were chasing at his heels.   

I laid my head back in the chair as Axel flew down the road, flying pass lights, traffic and other drivers.  He was switching in and out of traffic and dodging oncoming traffic.  My blood was flowing steadily from the wound and I knew it would not be much longer before I fell to the darkness.  I was losing a lot of blood and it was getting harder to breathe.  I was starting to feel dizzy and the end to my pain only lied a few more moments away.

“Kendra! Stay with me girl!  How are you doing? We are going to be there soon.  No, no Kendra I need you awake talk to me.  You have to stay awake!  They are waiting for us. Just stay awake.  Come on now girl I now you can do it.  I have already sent them a message about what happened. Please Kendra I need you to stick with me now I am not watching her back without you now stay awake!  Work with me girl just stay awake!”

I couldn’t open my eyes anymore, but I was able to mumble out, “I´m fine, just drive.”

He knew it was more serious.  Axel was torn between watching the road and keeping an eye on my.  He began cussing again as my head started to drop over to the side, it was just too heavy to hold up anymore.  He started screaming in my mind, “FUCK ALINA STAY WITH ME!!!” then he began rambling “You are too pale. You’re losing too much blood. We need to get out that fucking bullet out now.  Can’t this car going any faster!” I wanted to let him know it’s all right but the words would not come out.  I was so tired and couldn’t focused I felt numb and cold, so cold.  “Hold on baby we are almost there, everyone is waiting.  Come on girl I know you can make it just few more minutes I promise…oh God please!”  I could hear pain in his voice it wasn’t supposed to be there but I heard it and I wanted to cry. 

Suddenly the breaks were slammed and I felt the car slide as Axel’s arm reached across my body to help hold me to the seat since my body had already gone limp.  As he reached from my belt as I felt the passenger door be flung off the hinges.  I’m not fully sure but I could smell and felt safe in someone’s arms as I was removed from the car.  Blade’s scent encompassed me as I was pulled tighter into his chest and my body relaxed even further. 

However, with every jarring step I cried out as Blade ran me towards the infirmary.   I was still fading in and out, but the darkness was overtaking me again.  Just the buzz of pain that kept blazed through my body kept me aware.  Blade bent over and kissed my forehead and whispered, “Please don’t go yet.  We need you.” 

As soon as we reached the front doors of the palaces, Alessandros came running down to us.  He began shouting at Blade, “How is she? What is all that blood? Is she hurt? What happened?” I could feel Blade tighten his hold on my body but yet cautious of pain he might add.  There was no way he was releasing his hold on me and I found comfort in that.    

With as much venom and smite, Blade hissed to Alessandros, “Shouldn´t you look for your princess wellbeing.  I will take care of Kendra.” Blade was radiating with hostility.

“Watch yourself Warrior and remember to whom are you talking to. I need to know what happened to Kendra?”

Blade glared before he spoke, “They were attacked at the mall. Kendra saved your wife’s life. You should be tending to your wife instead of following us to the infirmary.  She is no concern of yours.”

“They are already taking care of her. I want to be with Kendra.” Alessandros hissed back. 

Barely able to speak, I was whispered “Please hurry, I can´t be take it any longer.” It hurt to breathe to talk to think.  I just wanted to sleep.  I jumped in his arms and looked directly at him with panic as I forced the rest out thru my mind, “Blade, he can´t see me without my clothes and without my glasses, he will…” The rest of the words died out as the blood loss was too much.  I could no longer see or hear anymore. Darkness was slowly consuming me and I was fading fast.  As I was falling I sent a sorrowful cried “M..a..s..t..e..r…” then it all faded away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 47K 46
"I set a alarm for a twelve o'clock so I could be the first one tell you happy birthday... happy birthday." I'm seventeen now. I turned the complete...
414K 12.4K 51
*Mature Content Warning* I rest both my hands against the table. "I'll go on another date with you, if you tell me one thing about yourself that no...
4.9K 92 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...
564 41 31
summer is 14 and will find her mate early she doesn't know how but accepts it then her real dad appears and tells her everything about who she is who...