Sorry, I'm Not Into Bestiality

Por IggyWasTaken

Now, I've been hungover before. I've experienced the entire earthly spectrum of emotion that comes with the j... Más

Announcement
WARNING
Prologue
Chapter 1 -- You alright, mate?
Chapter 2 -- Do I even have a crucifix?
Chapter 3 -- "Your obsession with dogs is concerning."
Chapter 4 -- "My delicious English muffin!
Chapter 5 -- "I'll skin you alive!"
Chapter 6 -- "Special circumstances"
Chapter 6.2 - "The other day I was kidnapped."
Chapter 6.4 - "It's just been a day."
Chapter 6.3 - "A baby and a hat."
Chapter 7 -- "Oh wow, look at that. He didn't eat you."
Chapter 8 -- "...Day twenty three in Danny's hair."
Bonus POV -- Toby and Lilly
Chapter 9 -- "The Universe can suck my dick."
Chapter 10 -- "We've got a really good sense of smell, Dan."
Chapter 11 -- ""Nothing is going to be sprouting out of anywhere."
Chapter 12.I -- "Well, you know how it is with basketball season."
Chapter 12.II -- "A woman named Karen made it."
Chapter 12.III -- "My step-dad gave me trauma."
Chapter 13-- "I'm so going to regret this."
Chapter 14 -- "Some Birthday."
Chapter 14 -- Portals
Chapter 15 -- "Turn on the light."
Chapter 17 -- "Are you doubting my abilities, Miss Perkins?
Chapter 18 -- "...FOR SPARTA!"
Chapter 19 -- "...You became a pirate?"
Chapter 20 -- "What human would want this?"
Chapter 21 -- Anne Summers
Chapter 22 -- It hurts.
Chapter 23 -- When you can see the future everything is funny.
Chapter 24-- Ghosts
Chapter 25 -- ...Perfect.
Chapter 26 -- Cat Tutu's
Chapter 27 -- "Mark it."
CHRIS'S DREAM (Plus important A/N)
Chapter 28 -- "I was deemed 'mentally unstable'."
Chapter 29 -- Chloe
Chapter 30 -- "I want a bouncy ball."
Chapter 31.I -- It's like Harry Potter, only real.
Chapter 31.II -- "I begged for Sanctuary."
CHAPTER 31.III -- "You're joking right?"
Chapter 32 -- "Do I look like her f***ing mother?!"
Chapter 33 -- "I got you a toothbrush if you needed it?"
Chapter 34 -- "I love you."
Chapter 35 -- "What now you're a snake?"
Chapter 36 -- "Who's Shrek?"
Chapter 37 -- "...Do I look like a wolf to you?"
Chapter 38 -- "I should've stayed at home today."
Chapter 39 -- "Come on, Baby."
Chapter 40-- Just another in the long list of the dead...
Chapter 41-1 -- Totally Worth It...
Chapter 41-II -- "...Aye, I suppose I've nothing better to do."
Chapter 42 -- "You need it more than I do..."
Chapter 43-- What had happened to my English?
Chapter 44 -- Maximus Power
Chapter 45 -- "I'm sick of feeling a draft on my scalp."
Chapter 46 -- Here's the funny thing about genoicide
Chapter 47: "Never said it was fair."
Chapter 48 -- "Baff."

Chapter 16 -- "I need a drink."

91.7K 3.3K 914
Por IggyWasTaken

Chapter 16

"--And that is why I think it is the better option to take this route rather than to expand in that specific area." I finished, looking back up at the screen in front of me. The boardroom of men looked at their notes and made sounds of agreement while shifting through the papers.

"...What of the financial issues?" The producer asked, as he paced slightly in front of the desk. He was an attractive man of his age (Around 45 I'd say) currently funding a new action film that was coming out staring Asa Butterfield.

I was working from home after almost a month on leave. I just couldn't do it anymore-- not working. The boredom was driving me insane. The last three days had been Chris-less considering he was still highly peeved with me after the whole training debacle, Cody-less since he was helping Chris deal with the portal, and Yvane + Lucy-less due to Yvane being sick along with Grace-- resulting in the Australian looking after them both. So after almost an hour of trying to make it work I had finally managed to arrange a video conference between me and the office. It wasn't exactly a convenience but really it was all I could do from going mad.

Also it felt weird to dress up by myself to a camera being watched by a bunch of guys but I couldn't exactly wear a pair of trackies and a hoody while talking to them. So my hair was curled and I was wearing a stripy navy and white shirt covered in a navy sailor styled blazer and white pants. A bit excessive yes but even so I'd grown to miss dressing up for work. As girly as it sounds I loved getting up in the morning and choosing my fancy outfit. I never had that growing up and appreciated the luxury of having pretty things.

I tilted my head in thought "Yes it would cost slightly more but I believe the end result would make up for it and then some. The long term aspects seem to outweigh the short term in positive outcome."

"Are you sure about this?" He asked, after scrutinizing the papers on the desk "If this doesn't work--"

"Then I will take full responsibility and you can contact my superiors." I shrugged, knowing full well that this was guaranteed to work. I just needed to stay in touch with my workers and have them email me everything for me to correct and comment on. I'd pick a team leader to run things in my absence and there we go, problem solved.

"Ah yes about that--"

"OH MY GOD IS THAT A PRODUCER?!" A screechy voice suddenly exploded from my side of the camera, effectively cutting off my boss Harry Cooper. Before I could even react I was violently shoved off Chris's computer chair and onto the hardwood ground of his study "Good evening! My name's Tinsley Monroe it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm an associate of Danielle's--"

"--TINSLEY!" I gasped in shock at her from the floor, trying to scramble up and get her away but she threw her high-heeled foot out and shoved my chest; effectively keeping me down.

"Um...Good evening?"

"--Tinsley this is not a joke!" I seethed, trying to claw her foot away as the six inch stiletto was digging painfully into my rib-cage.

"Thank you! Now, all pleasantries aside I have something to discuss. I can guarantee that I am PERFECT for any role in your film-- OW!"

I didn't have any other options. I applied pressure to her leg nerve causing it to go limp and me to grab it before shoving it away from my body. I quickly grabbed her arm and yanked her away from the computer screen.

"I'm terribly sorry about that gentlemen but could you wait while I sort something out, thank you!" I rushed out quickly, only managing to get on my knees and lean over the keyboard to look at them before hitting spacebar and causing the slides and promotional ads to pop up to distract the meeting.

I sighed in relief knowing I had a good two minutes before I had to go back online with them, slumping onto my knees on the ground. I ran a hand through my now dishevelled hair, blowing out a large breath.

I glanced up at a standing Tinsley who was straightening out her shirt and flipping her blonde, perfectly styled hair over her shoulder not looking apologetic at all. "What the hell was that?"

"Business," She answered shortly.

"Business?! We could've lost the deal because of you! That's 3 million dollars down the drain! And anyway it is YOUR business to deal with! What do you think would happen? That they'd just suddenly offer you a part in a movie that was already in the process of being filmed? Are you mad?!" I shouted, my chest huffing up and down from anger. What was bloody with this woman?!

"Worth a shot." She shrugged, as I staggered to my feet in my navy heels.

"Have you ANY idea how much trouble I'm going to be in?! It's bad enough that I'm not there in person but to top that off I know have to try and explain why an American person is with me in ENGLAND. Do you understand?! I'M SUPPOSED TO BE IN ENGLAND!" I yelled, trying to get across to the thick woman that she should be ashamed and what she did was a big no-no.

"Oh get over it they probably won't even notice." She smiled, before waving at me "Toodles."

Once she turned for the door I brought my hands up and made a face, tensing all my fingers and mimicking strangling her behind her back. SHE WAS THE MOST ANNOYING, SEFISH, STUPID PERSON I'D EVEN MET! AND THAT WAS INCLUDING DAMON!

The door shut with a quiet click once she stepped out, allowing me time to kick the chair in frustration (Stupid Christmas tree) and quickly sit down before the men came back online. I quickly went through my notes just in case the producer needed any questions answered that I'd forgotten the answer for. Nothing more annoying than someone going through their papers for a good two minutes in order to answer an extremely easy question.

The last few days had been the most boring of my life. I was literally alone (If you don't count Max the dog) in the house and Sims can only get you so far in the entertainment are. I'd painted and been to the gym, came up with a few designs for work and had a chubby bunny contest just in an attempt to amuse myself.

I can picture someone just walking in on me sitting on the kitchen counter in my pyjamas with marshmallows stuffed in my mouth speaking to myself, and then just slowly walking out. That would've been hilarious. Also it meant that I had someone to talk to!

As for the Chris debacle...Yes in some way I felt slightly guilty since things were obviously going along nicely between us and I might have sort of ruined it but I still held my ground on the fact that he overreacted big time. I mean it wasn't that big of a deal! It's not like I told him to kill someone or questioned his penis size! (I hear guys are very protective of their penises)

So I was waiting for him to apologise first. And once he did I'd return the apology. Simple as pie!

I could use some pie right now...

Shut up stomach.

"I apologise for the sudden intrusion there gentlemen she has ADHD. Now! Back to business--" I began once the board room came back on screen, but was cut off by the producer shaking his head.

"No need, I've seen what I needed to see. We'll contact you shortly about our decision; thank you Miss Perkins." He replied, before nodding at three other unfamiliar people in the room causing them to stand and leave with him. Harry Cooper my boss stood also and smiled politely, giving out pleasantries before seeing them out. I was slightly taken back by his decision and prayed to God that it wasn't a negative one due to Tinsley's...Incident.

Once the producer left the room suddenly went silent. I couldn't help but think something bad was about to happen "Um...was there anything else that needed to be discussed Mr Cooper or may I disconnect?"

"As a matter of fact yes, there was." He replied, leaning against the head of the table with both hands and remaining silent after.

"...And what would that be?"

"We're letting you go Danielle." He said, as I stared at the room full of old men in business suits staring at me to see my reaction.

There are a lot of moments in life where everything just seems to stop. Where you start to question if the situation isn't some freaky inception $hit and you're actually dreaming without knowing it. I've had this happen to me three times.

The first time being when my parents divorced.

The second when my brother died.

And the third, being right this moment.

"I'm sorry?" I chocked out in disbelief, not believing my ears. Why on earth--this isn't possible.

"The Rangers project fell through." He replied, making it sound like he was expecting it "And last time we checked, you were the head of that project."

I spluttered slightly, panic starting to set in. I can't lose my job! What the Hell would I do without it?! "Yes but--"

"Were you not head of that project?" He cut off, not giving me a chance to defend myself. I really hated Harry Cooper. He was a man pulling for his sixties now and only joined the company last term. A sexist pig. Always looking up girls' skirts and he was the deputy to the real head honcho Rex Copperfield, the original owner of the company who was a close friend of mine. Even if he was at the time in his seventies.

"Well yes--"

"Then it was your responsibility. We lost $1.5 million because of you and you weren't even here afterwards to pay the price for--"

"Sir with all due respect I wasn't even here for the meeting with the producers--" I cut off, trying to stop myself from exploding out in anger. This better not be happening right now or I swear to God..!

"Never the less! I'm giving you your two weeks' notice. Your pay for last month will be transferred to your bank-account. Be grateful you even get that." He replied, shrugging off my attempts to fight back "And anyway, maybe this is good for the company. Fresh start, fresh ideas."

"You can't do this! Mr Copperfield would never--"

"Mr Copperfield is not running this business anymore Miss Perkins. Weren't you informed?" He said, a slight smirk on his lips. He'd never liked me due to the fact that I didn't have a penis. Go figure. And had always tried to persuade Rex to fire me for incompetence. Where in fact I worked harder than anyone in the entire building.

I shook my head. Rex would never give up his company willingly; it was his pride and joy. "That's impossible!"

"Well considering he passed away last week I'd say it was quite possible wouldn't you?"

My words got caught in my throat. Rex...Rex was dead?

My eyes widened in shock. No! He couldn't be! The man that gave me a job when I desperately needed one, the one who'd let me rent out a small flat he owned when I first moved here, the man who was with me ever since I left university...Was gone?

"What? Didn't you get the memo?"

"I ugh..." I blinked, completely lost for words. I couldn't believe he was gone... he looked so healthy.

"This isn't up for further discussion Miss Perkins. We will clear out your office for you and have someone bring them to your house. I wish you good luck in any of your future endeavours and, of course, Merry Christmas." He smiled at the end, not even trying to hide his pleasure in this situation anymore.

And yes, you heard him correctly. Today was the day before Christmas Eve. December 23rd, 2028. I was spending Christmas in an unfamiliar house full of werewolves. My first Christmas with others for years. Actually ever since left for military school at fourteen. That's almost a decade of no Christmas.

My eye brows furrowed as I muttered the words "Merry Christmas." In return before the screen went black. I just sat there for god knows how long before I came to grips with the fact that I had just lost my job and a close friend in the span of ten minutes.

"I just lost my job..." I mumbled to myself, slumping back in the large swivel chair and not fully comprehending the situation. I closed my eyes slowly in frustration and depression "Oh Rex you idiot."

After a good twenty minutes of just sitting in Chris's office staring at a blank screen a quick thought entered my mind, causing me to jump into action and grab my flip-phone off the desk before dialling the practically memorized number. It took a while, but she finally picked up.

"Hello?" A chirpy voice answered, as I sat up straighter in my seat.

"Hey Paula its Danny--"

She cut me off with a squeal "Oh hey girl how is going? No time no speak! How's everything back in England? I heard there was an emergency or something and you had to leave real quickly! Must've been big if it made you leave work."

"Oh yeah. My ugh--" Okay come on Danny you've had to make up trickier lies than this! "Cat--died. Anyway! Paula I need a favour! Any chance you know who took over from me for the Rangers project once I left?"

"Nope I--Oh wait here's someone who should, Terry come here!" She shouted, causing me to wince slightly and pull the phone away from my ear "Who took over from Dan when she left with the Rangers Project?"

I heard a murmured reply before she answered with the thanks and turned her attention back to me "He says Bobby did. Why did you want to know?"

"No reason. Thanks Paula you've been a star." I said, before flipping my mobile shut with more force than necessary. Bobby?! Bobby was the reason for my sudden unemployment! The little ba$tard! Oh if I ever see him again I'm going to shove his D!ck so far up his arse he'll be seeing--

"Hey I'm going Christmas shopping wanna... what's wrong with you?" Yvane asked, walking into the study while I was mid thought. I looked up at her and felt my anger simmer down slightly, enough for me to grab my keys off the table and storm out of the room.

"I need a drink."

***

"You know when I said I needed a drink this was really not what I had in mind." I commented, as we walked down the soda aisle in the town supermarket. Yvane and Lucy had popped out of nowhere claiming they needed to do some last minute Christmas shopping, which was a good idea considering I had gotten nothing for anyone except the gifts I sent Lilly and the baby a few weeks back and the cards to my parents back in England. So really I needed to as well.

"We'll go to a bar later. First I have to sort out this stupid Turkey!" Yvane replied, getting annoyed and throwing a box of biscuits a bit too forcefully into the trolley.

"Touchy subject?"

"It's just such a hassle! Sometime I wish we could just get take-out or something you know?" She grumbled, shuffling further down the aisle.

"Why do you make it then?" I asked confused, grabbing a pack myself and putting it in my basket.

"Someone has to! And apparently I'm the only one willing." She muttered in reply.

"...Well then how about I do Christmas dinner for us this year?" I suggested, smiling at the thought. I'd never cooked a full roast dinner before. It was always just takeaway and a glass of red wine for me back at home at the holidays, which thinking back sounds really depressing...

"What, for everyone?" She asked sceptically, looking at me doubtfully.

"Yeah! Wait...who's everyone?"

"You don't even know how to cook! How are you going to make Christmas dinner for eight people?" She laughed, causing me to smile sarcastically back.

"I can to cook! I've just--never tried to do it before."

She remained silent for a few seconds before smiling and shaking her head "You know what never mind, I can survive another cooking I'm sure--"

"No please!" I quickly rushed out, running in front of her and grabbing her shoulder "Let me do this, it's the least I could do. And besides, I need something to take my mind off life you know?"

"...Have you even made Christmas dinner before?"

"No but nothing that a good old fashioned Nigela Lawson cook book won't solve. Come on! You buy the ingredients, I'll cook them." I practically begged, really starting to get excited about this. I couldn't pass up the opportunity for a somewhat normal Christmas. I hadn't had one in years and even then it was a horrible time of the year because everyone fought on that day.

She sighed "Are you sure?"

"Yes!" I cheered, dumping my basket into her already half filled trolley before digging into my pocket and fishing out my purse "Here's $200, that should be enough right?"

"No Danny--"

"Whatever is doesn't matter! Now, you stay here and sort out the food--Me and Lucy will go buy presents and meet you at the car in about, two hours?" I rushed out, feeling giddy all of a sudden.

"What?" Lucy asked confused; mid munch of some biscuits causing crumbs so fall from her open mouth and onto the ground. Ew...

"Come on let's go!" I smiled, grabbing the packet and throwing it into the trolley before grasping Lucy's arm and practically skipping out of the shop. This would be my first Christmas dinner and shop in ages!

After a few minutes of walking down the busy street we finally found the shopping centre. It was massive and had everything you'd ever need from a shop inside, with hundreds of high brand names and low cost shops.

"Okay so where to first?" Lucy asked, as we walked between stores.

"Might as well get Grace over with...Disney Shop?"

"You're the boss." She smiled, before we made our way in. All the classics were still here like Finding Nemo and Snow White, which showed how good they actually were considering Nemo was made at the turn of the century and Snow white almost a hundred years ago.

I ended up buying a Tianna dress for the two year old since in the month I've known her I've discovered that she is obsessed with frogs. And therefore, the princess and the frog was practically her favourite film. I swear to god we've watched it so many times I know all the songs by heart.

I also managed to snag a Nemo teddy when Lucy wasn't looking. She had a strange obsession for Disney even if she was 22, so I thought this would be suitable enough. Quickly paying we left the store and commenced to raid the rest of the centre, using the lift to visit its many floors and only stopping for a bite to eat once everything was bought.

I got Yvane a book she'd been talking about as well as a Pandora bracelet charm (Which were EXTREMELY hard to find--They stopped producing them years before hand), a football for Cody (The BRITISH kind) as well as a T-shirt saying 'I refused to engage in a battle of the wits with an unarmed person' Which at the time I found hilarious.

I even got William a sweater considering he was coming over and I'd feel bad since I hadn't heard anything about a mum in that family so I'm pretty sure she was out of the picture. I thought he would be lonely so...

"Alright the last thing I've got to get is for Christopher...You're his sister, what does he like?" I asked, coming to the conclusion that I literally knew nothing about Chris.

"You're getting something for him?"

I gave her a deadpan look "No I just asked you out of spite." I answered sarcastically.

"Alright!" She answered, her voice going high-pitched before she sighed and looked round the shop with her lips pursed "Well he loves taking photos so why not a frame or something?"

"Yeah I noticed that! Why?" I asked, thinking back to the photos all around his house.

"He's obsessed with family and memories and $hit. You know when he was young he told me he wanted seven kids?" She laughed, as she too carried around a hoard full of plastic bags.

"Seven?" I asked, my eyes widening slightly at the thought. Seven little Chris's running about... "I think the most I could squeeze out was three MAX."

"Oh really...?"

"So...you've accepted the bond then?" She smirked, bumping her hips with mine. I froze slightly at her words. How could she have...? No! It's not true anyway I couldn't have accepted it, not this soon. I couldn't...Could I? No.

I coughed awkwardly "No! W-what makes you think that?"

"Danny last time I mentioned pups to you, you freaked out and ended up having a panic-attack in the middle of the floor. Now, you're considering how much kids you're going to have with him." She explained, as I cringed at the word 'pups'

"Please don't say pups."

"Fine babies," She corrected, rolling her eyes at me.

We found a nearby McDonalds and thought screw it before going in, both ordering our desired food "So when did it happen?"

"...When did what happen?" I asked confused, dumping my bags next to the table we'd chosen.

"When did you start coming to terms with it?" She asked again, as we sat down with our trays.

I shook my head laughing "I never said--"

"OH COME ON! Stop denying it and give me the details!"

"...Listen even if I did, it wouldn't exactly make much of a difference now would it? He's still pissed off with me after the whole training thing." I reminded, popping a salty french-fry into my mouth. The man still hadn't spoken to me yet and I'm pretty sure he'd been purposefully avoiding me for the same reason. He probably got fed up with me and moved on to the next creature with boobs. That's what men usually do with me anyway...

"Well can you blame him?" She sighed, taking a bite of her burger. My mouth practically fell to the floor. She couldn't actually be agreeing with him?!

"You-"

"--I'm not saying what he did was right. In fact I think he's acting like an over protective git, but think of it from his point of view. His entire life he has never been answered back to, never defied let alone in front of his peers. And by his own mate of all people-- who he has been looking for, for the past nine years. Let's not even mention the fact that she is human which is extremely unheard of when it comes to alphas, and, in his eyes; hates his guts and is going to reject him once she finds out how."

"...Yes but still--"

"He doesn't know how to deal with you Danny! Even rouge shifters know not to mess with the Alpha but you, you're clueless! His wolf is probably on edge as it is he doesn't need to fuel the fire--"

"--Alright I get it!" I snapped, getting a momentary surge of anger before it transformed into guilt when seeing Lucy's slightly hurt face.

"I'm sorry I just...I can't let him get away with this Lucy! All my life has been spent trying to prove to people that I'm not weak. That I can look after myself and I am equal to anyone else that thinks they're better than me. But then I'm around him and..." I trailed off, not knowing how to finish properly. I was begging to choke up. I'd never had this sort of conversation with someone before...It felt weird.

Suddenly I felt her take my hand and give it a squeeze of reassurance, causing me to sigh "...I just want to be normal for once."

Silence fell between us, until a small smile graced Lucy's lips "I think you threw out any chance of being normal the day you joined that military-school."

I laughed slightly, nodding my head as I felt tears threatening to spill. I quickly wiped them away before leaning back into my chair, letting go of Lucy's hand "I lost my job today."

"Oh Dan I'm sorry I didn't-"

"No its fine, I'm just being silly." I chuckled, running a hand through my hair "I...I just thought that for the first time in my life, I was normal you know? That I wasn't some weird girl who could speak Russian."

"Well if it's any consolation I prefer you now than if you were normal any day. Imagine how boring you'd be! Probably talk about politics or something." She laughed, obviously trying to cheer me up. It worked slightly. Smiling we continued to eat, chatting and trying to forget life.

Half an hour later we were running late for the meeting with Yvane so had decided to split up and meet at a bar down the road so I could finish getting Chris's present. I knew what I was getting him but wasn't sure which type I'd go for...

After only a few minutes of searching I finally found the shop I was looking for and quickly entered, greeted by the warm interior. Shuffling about I looked up at all the high end stuff. Wow I was really out of my depth here...

"Excuse me miss would you like any help?" A low voice suddenly asked, causing me to turn and smile gratefully at the shop clerk.

"Yeah, any chance you could pick out a camera for me?"

***

"Finally! I thought you said you only needed to pop to the car not got to the moon." Yvane teased, as I slumped down in front of her on the booth. We had decided to go to a pretty decent pub which was packed tonight. I'm surprised we got a booth. The interior was mostly dark wood with red accents about, along with two dart boards and a snooker table in the corner.

"Sorry I got lost." I replied sheepishly, dumping my hand-bag next to me in-between Lucy and I. The camera guy had helped me pick out a good camera, one that took used an SD card and had like X500 zoom (Alright probably not but I know nothing about cameras so what are you going to do?)

"Well we ordered your drink all the same. Scotch alright?" She asked, motioning towards the amber liquid in front of me. I nodded, gently grabbing the glass and about to take a swig before changing my mind and bringing it up.

Rest in peace Rex...

"To being abnormal." I toasted, glancing knowingly at Lucy who also had her alcoholic beverage of choice up to clink mine. Yvane toasted us looking confused but took a swig of her OJ all the same.

I downed the drink in one, feeling the familiar burn slither down my throat before settling in my belly. It would take much more than that for me to forget tonight and that's what I was planning to do. I had no intention of not drinking tonight.

"Want anything?" I asked, grabbing my purse and looking at the two other women. They both looked down at their still mostly filled drinks before shaking their head at me awkwardly.

"We're good." Lucy chuckled, taking a sip of her drink.

Two hours later I was extremely tipsy, and Lucy wasn't that far behind. Yvane was the designated driver as she had to watch Grace tonight or something, so she was the only sober one here. I'd been drinking everything from Scotch to shots all night and was loving the feeling of giddiness that came with the alcohol. I couldn't even remember what I was trying to forget so I guess the plan worked perfectly.

"1...2...3...GO!" A guy I had forgotten the name of cheered, as another guy and I began a vodka shot competition. The aim was to see who could drink all six shots first and not pass out straight afterwards. I was practically pro at this since back in Russia the boys would bring back bottles of the stuff and by the end we were drinking them every weekend.

After throwing back five glasses Lucy started screaming in my ear for encouragement since the other man was only on his second. I drank the last one before slamming the small glass back on the table, standing in victory.

The crowd surrounding the small table cheered loudly at my conquest, as the ones on the man's side booed but still smiled and clapped. Laughing I hugged Lucy before dragging her back to the booth with my arm around her shoulders.

"And that..." I giggled "Is how you win a drinking game."

She just laughed loudly at my statement before slumping down next to Yvane and me across. She had just come off her phone and was swigging her OJ smiling slightly "No that is how you're going to get in trouble."

"Pfft, that's just..." I trailed off, noticing I'd just snapped a beer coaster in half before horror started to set in "Oh no!"

"What?!" Lucy cried, straightening up and looking in alarm at me.

My lip started wobbling at I hell up the broken beer matt "I broke it!"

Now I'd definitely get in trouble! I didn't mean to it just happened! Oh no I was going to go to jail and get raped by Janis the lesbian when I bent down to get soap! (Is that only men?) I'll be done for public vandalism and have to leave Lilly alone with the baby. Oh no CHRIS! I couldn't leave him! He'd go back to being his stupid sexist beastness self.

Feeling tears roll down my cheek at the thought I looked up at a laughing Yvane and Lucy, who were practically on the floor as Yvane had her forehead on the table while her shoulders were shaking and Lucy was leaning back in the booth with her head thrown back.

"It's not funny!" I sobbed, burying my face in my hands. Maybe I could get off with a fine or something.

"D-don't worry Dan," Yvane gasped out, sitting up straight trying to hold back her guffawing "I don't think they'll send you to jail for breaking a coaster."

I hiccupped as my lip continued to wobble in an attempt to stop the sobbing "Really?"

They nodded, still laughing as I put the broken coaster next to me on the booth. Maybe if I hid it they wouldn't find out! And I didn't even have to get a fine.

"Come on lets go play some pool!"

"BUDDY YOU'RE A YOUNG MAN HARD MAN SHOUTING IN THE STREET GONNA BE A BIG MAN SOMEDAY--" I sang on the top of my lungs as I stood on top of the snooker table, dancing away as Lucy stood next to me twerking. The broken beer mat was long forgotten as well as almost everything else.

I'd say it was pulling towards midnight by now and the bar had only gotten busier and busier, so the staff didn't seem to mind my obviously terrible singing. But of course at the time I thought I was the new Selene Dion.

I was absolutely hammered. I couldn't stand properly without the help of Lucy and she was pretty drunk also. We'd made some new friends as well! A couple of guys and one of them seemed to be taking a special interest in Lucy.

"WOO GO LUCY!" I screamed as the guy that liked her helped her down. He was cute, with glasses and dark hair. He looked a big nerdy but who doesn't like a bit of Avengers right.

"Danny?" A familiar voice called out, causing me to stumble about on top of the pool table until my eyes landed on the face of a very hot man.

"CHRIS!" I cried, flailing towards him as he looked at me peeved. I smiled goofily and walked towards him, tripping slightly since my legs seemed to have mind of their own before reaching him and grabbing his shoulders so I could stable myself. His faced reached about knee level to me considering I was on a snooker table, and of course this confused me greatly.

"Chris why are you so small?!" I asked, touching his hair. Wow it's really soft.

Suddenly I felt hands on either side of my waist and the ground disappearing before reappearing once again. Now finally back on Earth I looked up at the tall man and smiled brightly "HEY YOU GREW! Good for you mate you deserved it!"

"I need to take you home." He muttered, trying to get me out of the door.

We got about three steps towards the door before I ducked away and threw my hands up "Pfft! Who needs home?! This is my new home now. People like me here."

"Danny..." He groaned, as I turned to go back to the bar. I felt an arm snag around my waist causing me to flail out slightly and try to run away but I was held back by the limb. I was quickly yanked back into his body causing me to pout.

"But I want to play pool!" I pouted, trying to give him puppy dog eyes.

A small smile graced his lips as he stared at me down at me "Not tonight."

He took me outside along with Lucy and Yvane, the cold air cooling me down slightly and causing me to wake more.

"Right, you take Lucy home--" Chris spoke to Yvane, glancing up at the blonde Australian singing Tragedy loudly by herself "--and I'll take this one."

"You sure?" She asked, looking at me wearily as I stumbled around in a circle.

"Yeah I think I can cope." He chuckled, before grabbing my hand and taking me somewhere down the street.

"BYE GUYS!" I yelled over my shoulder, waving wildly. I caught a glimpse of Yvane waving back before I turned and looked around confused; my brain too foggy to do anything "Where are we going?"

"I'm taking you home." He muttered, still holding me as we made our way down the pavement. I'd forgotten all about that he was mad with me so I just smiled goofily.

"Oh, I bet you are. Well I'll have you know I am a respectful woman, and will not give in to such shananigans!" I cried, shoving him slightly before twisting on my heal and wobling away.

"Danny..." He groaned, as I refused to look at him. Stupid werewolf mate thing.

"Leave me alone."

"... House is this way." He called, as I staggered to a stop and took a deep breath before turning back and stumbling past him without acknowledgment.

"I knew that."

Half an hour later we'd returned back to the house, and for some reason I'd ended up over Chris's shoulder as he walked us up the stairs. I had a perfect view of his arse and decided he needed to know how lovely it was.

"You sir, have a very nice bottom." I commented, patting his butt for emphasis.

We reached the front of my door as I felt the hand just below my arse grip tighter in order for him to turn the door-knob. We entered the slightly dark room and switched on the light, as he carried me to the bed and set me down.

Last minute I grabbed his neck and tugged him down so he was hovering over me, causing me to grin happily "Excuse me sir are you single?"

He chuckled slightly, causing me to frown. What's so funny? It was a legitimate question in my point of view "No, I'm afraid I'm taken."

My giddy mood slowly dispersed, leaving me with a depressed feeling. I think a part of my brain somewhat remembered the situation and what had happened a few days ago. Also, toady's turmoil of losing my job and a close friend all at once.

"She's a lucky girl." I whispered, tugging him closer slightly. His hugs had become addicting and I really needed one at that moment. I just didn't want to fight anymore in that state.

"I don't think she'd agree with you on that one."

I shook my head, "Then she's stupid."

We stared at each other for God knows how long, as I brought my hand up and stroked his freshly shaven cheek with my thumb. "I don't want you to be mad with me."

He sighed, leaning forwards and kissing my forehead "Got to sleep Danny. We'll talk when you've sobered up a bit."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

3.6K 119 6
*Available in full on Radish or Patreon!* She was born in fire. He was forged in ice. The clash will scorch them both. After a disease wipes out all...
114K 3.7K 61
I have seen and heard a lot of weird things in my life. Things that will make you wonder what the heck is going on in this world but imagine a woman...
4.1M 135K 51
Emmanuelle is running, running from a heartbreak she doesn't want to remember. Packing her things she takes off, driving to a wherever her car takes...
95.5K 2.8K 27
ORIGINAL WORK UPDATED VERSION ON PROFILE **WARNING** **extremely sexual content so if you don't like that stuff just don't read this book because th...