Bad Boys Don't Cry

By _Faith-o_

"Grayson, what are you doing?" I asked, slowly, walking into his house. He was sitting on a bar stool in the... More

-Bad Boys Don't Cry-
Chapter One: Why Is He Staring At Me?
Chapter Two: I Barely Know You And You're Giving Me A Ride?
Chapter Three: I Trust You, Bailey
Chapter Four: Cootie Friends
Chapter Five: Family Is Important
Chapter Six: Why?
Chapter Seven: The Waiting Game
Chapter Eight: Beach Day?
Chapter Nine: Is This A Joke? 'Cause If It Is, It's Not Funny.
Chapter Ten: Tip Your Waiters and Waitresses
Chapter Eleven: I Have A Thing Of Not Leaving Broken People Behind
Chapter Twelve: Landon Gray Harrison
Chapter Thirteen: Don't Kill Me
Chapter Fourteen: Who's Max?
Chapter Fifteen: You Smell Good
Chapter Sixteen: Why Should I Try With You?
Chapter Seventeen: You're Lying
Chapter Eighteen: My Teddy Bear Is Talking, Bennett!
Chapter Nineteen: Let's Go On An Adventure
Chatper Twenty: Dylan.
Chapter Twenty-One: I'm Just Getting Used To Being Me
Chapter Twenty Two: Malfoy.
Chapter Twenty Four: Puberty's A Bitch
Chapter Twenty Five: You Didn't Strike Me As A Singing Type
Chapter Twenty Six: He Wants You Dead
Chapter Twenty Seven: What's With Your Hair?
Chapter Twenty Eight: My Little Bailey Is Growing Up
Chapter Twenty Nine: Dead.
Chapter Thirty: What The Hell Is That, Grayson?
Chapter Thirty One: Baby is Tired
Chapter Thirty Two: Everything's Going to Be A-Okay, Winters
Chapter Thirty Three: Did You Know I Want To Die, My Little Bean?
Chapter Thirty Four: My Brother's Cootie Friend
Chapter Thirty Five: I'm Sorry...
Chapter Thirty Six: One More Week
Chapter Thirty Seven: Yours Truely
Chapter Thirty Eight: He Looked Like A Complete Douche With His Lip Ring
Chapter Thirty Nine: Is There Any New Wounds I Should Know About?
Chapter Forty: Parker's Being an Absolute Ass Right Now
Chapter Forty One: Bang.
Chapter Forty Two: That Should've Been Me.
Chapter Forty Three: Why Are You So Stupid?
Chapter Forty Four: Everything Will Be Different
Chapter Forty Five: Lion! Lion is Here! Lion Roar!
Chapter Forty Six: Because I Don't Want To Say Goodbye Yet.
e p i l o g u e
Q & A With Author
An Author's Note Three Years Later...

Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place

22.7K 845 105
By _Faith-o_

Chapter Twenty Three: Welcome To My Safe Place

*•*•Bailey's POV•*•*
The music blared through the speakers as our little group danced along to it. Grayson wasn't here, though. He didn't bother wishing Parker 'Happy Birthday' either, which got Parker bummed when the day began and Grayson wasn't there to greet him like the rest of us. It was now night and most of us, meaning just, Bennett, Luke, Dylan and Elly, have gotten drunk, making me terrified. Let's just say that the darkness didn't help my fear.

I haven't told Dylan, Elly, or Luke that I had almost been raped in sophomore year, and I don't plan to. I haven't known them for long to tell them any of or more of my secrets. Anyway, being in here full of drunk people didn't help me and my fear of drunks. With that in mind, I went outside without saying anything to the guys.

I sat down on Parker's porch, not wanting to be anywhere near them. I looked around my surroundings, noticing a dark figure stalking towards me. I squinted my eyes at the figure, then realized I may be screwed. I immediately stood up, and went towards the front door. When I tried turning the knob, it wouldn't open.

Shiz...

I continuously banged my fist on the door, hoping for someone one to answer, until a hand touched my shoulder, making me jump, "Bailey." The stranger's voice said, hoarse and unclear. When I didn't turn to face him, he turned me to face him, only for me to close my eyes, tight, "Bailey," The male voice said.

I took a chance to look in the stranger's eyes and looked up to meet the stranger's, only to meet eyes with a guy I didn't expect seeing, "Grayson?" I said, squinting up at him. He was beat up, having bruises and cuts on his face. His arm was crossing over his chest and clutching his ribs. I couldn't believe that I didn't even notice him through his voice. Grayson has never come home this bad in a while, "What happened?" I asked, breathless.

Grayson shook his head, "Nothing." He grunted as he winced in pain.

I looked at him once more. I knew I wasn't going to be able to get it out of him unless he actually wanted to tell me, "Come on, Grayson. I'm bringing you to my house." I mumbled, going on his non-broken side and put his arm around me.

It was there I noticed that he had a limp in his walk, which made him his weight on me as we slowly walked over to my house. When I opened the door, we trudged over to my kitchen. I gave him a seat and went to my fridge to find my ice pack. I gave it to him, then went over finding the light switch.

When I turned on the lights, I saw Grayson in his beaten up glory. I looked at him, saddened he got hurt again. I pulled up a chair next to him, putting a hand on his cheek, making him wince in pain. I quickly withdrew my hand, only for him to grab it, and pull me closer to him.

"What happened?" I asked, finally.

"My dad's workers found me." He shrugged.

I scrunched my eyebrows together, confused at his tone, "Where were you?" I asked.

He pushed me slightly away from him for him to look me ing the eye, "Why do you care?" He hissed, making my eyes widen at his sudden mood change.

"What's your problem?" I asked, moving fully away from his warm body.

My question only got him angrier, "What's my problem?" He scoffed, just like the day before, "What's your problem? You've been with Parker all the- fucking -time. You've rarely talked to me since the fucking kiss." He growled.

I was absolutely fuming at what he was saying, "You wanna know what's my problem?" I asked, "My life has turned into complete shit ever since I got involved with 'Mr. Bad Boy.' I can't get my books without one of you breathing down my back. Parker actually catches my drift when we go on those adventures. I go with him because I know you'd rather me go with someone you know than go alone. I'm doing this for you dammit. Honestly Grayson, have you ever relaxed?"

I could feel his piercing glare into my soul. I looked into his eyes, meeting his deadly glare, "I can't relax, Winters." He said in a low voice.

"Why can't you?" I asked, exasperated, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Your life's been easy as pie, even without your dumbass parents who died leaving their child." He said, making me widen my eyes at his words, "My father is pressuring me to do something I don't want to do."

I didn't say a thing to him for a while. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I was surprised, but it hurt more than anything when it came to Grayson saying that. I tried to compose myself, but I failed miserably, "How dare you say that!" I screeched, tears leaking out of my eyes. I glared at his eyes, noticing a hint of regret for a second, "You're a dick, Grayson. I can't believe I even considered liking you." I said, my voice cracking, backing away from him.

"You like me?" He asked in disbelief.

I shook my head at him, "Of course I do! It's impossible not to." I blurted out, making me regret what I had just said. I shut my eyes before turning my back and take a few steps towards the door. I heard him stand up from his seat, "You're welcome to stay. Take my bed. I won't be coming home tomorrow or the next. Don't wait up and don't tell the others." I muttered over my shoulder.

"Bailey, wait." He said, weakly, reaching out to touch me.

"Don't touch me." I hissed, yanking my arm away from his touch, my breathing becoming heavy, "I... Just stop."

I walked out and closed the door. I walked across the street and went to Parker's front porch. I knocked on the door, loudly, hoping that anyone of them would hear and waited for someone to answer. I knocked a few more times, when Parker answered the door, "There you are!" He said, soberly. Parker, too, like Gra- him, has changed since he started hanging out with me. Since he knows that I'm afraid of drunk people, I'm guessing he stayed sober just for me, "I've been searching everywhere for you." He said, giving me a goofy grin, which soon faded as he examined my face, "What's wrong?" He asked.

I stared at him for a moment. I didn't know what to say, "Hey, um... Do you wanna go on an adventure for a few days?" I asked, stuttering a bit.

He examined my facial features, making me relax my face, before answering, "Sure." He said, taking a glance at my eyes, "Let me just tell the guys-"

"Don't." I said, immediately after he mentioned them.

He stared at me for a while, examining me again with a frown until he nodded, "Let me pack then." He said, reluctantly stepping back in, leaving me at the doorstep

"Okay." I said, "Make sure none of them see you."

"They're all drunk. I doubt they'd question me." He chuckled, "I'll be quick."

He left the door open as I waited for him outside. When he was done, he tempted a smile at me. When I examined what he brought, I was surprised when I saw Malfoy's and Teddy Bear's head sticking out of a medium sized duffle bag he brought that I assumed had his clothes, "You brought them?" I asked.

He nodded, "I can't sleep without my Teddy Bear." He pouted, childishly.

"How'd you find Malfoy?"

"You left him on my bed this morning. I just thought you'd like him to go on the adventure with us." Parker shrugged, petting the stuffed animal's head, "I got some extra clothes for you, since I don't think you have any if you're just going like that." He said pointing at my attire.

"Thanks Parks." I smiled, causing him to return the gesture.

"Let's go?" He asked.

I nodded, "Can we take your car?" I asked.

He took out his keys, "I thought you'd ask for that."

I smiled at him as we went to his car, "I'll tell you the directions." I said, sliding into his car.

"Okay." And with that he started driving to my safe place.

*

"... Turn right and were here." I said, making Parker to stop the car into the driveway of my safe haven

He parked in the driveway of my safe place. I exited the car as I examined it. The house looked old due to the paint, but I couldn't really say due to the fact it was in the middle of the night and we couldn't see a thing. I sighed as Parker followed me into the house with his bag, "Welcome to my safe place." I welcomed him as I pushed open the door, revealing the inside.

"It's a fucking mansion! Excuse my language." He said in awe.

"No, it's not. It's just bigger than your average condo, and it's fine." I shrugged, sighing afterwards, "It's my parents house."

He stood there silently as I turned on the lights to the house. I don't think he could believe that this was the house my parents died in. I don't even think I even told him how they died. I saw him compose himself in the corner of my eye then he cleared his throat, "They had good taste then." He said, awkwardly closing the door and locking it.

"Parker it's fine." I rolled my eyes at his uncomfortableness, "Remember, just like you it's a numb subject." I reminded him with a wink. I held my arm out for him to hold as we strolled through the house together. He smiled at me before taking it.

I looked through the house and remembered some of the memories I had when I was younger. This was the first thing I bought when I turned eighteen. I haven't been here since the day I left, which was when I was eight. Everything here is exactly how I left it. From the furniture to the pictures on the walls, they were all the same from when my parents died. Throughout the years, a gardener/housekeeper was taking care of the house leaving it looking as if it were brand new when really it hasn't been touched in years.

I let go off Parker for a moment and picked up a stuffed animal that was on the couch. I smiled at it as IParker was looking at the pictures of my family on the walls when he stopped at one, "Is this you and Kendall?" He asked, squinting down at our smiling faces in the picture.

"Yup." I said, turning on the lights.

"You guys look like great friends." He said.

"We were." I sighed, standing next to him, looking sadly at the picture.

He sighed, grabbing my arm, stoping me from moving any further, "Look, I'm sorry we pulled you into this. We didn't mean to put you and Kendall's lives in danger."

I nodded, not knowing what to say, "Do you think Kendall and his family are going to make it out of this?" I asked.

"They're strong. Mr. and Mrs. Barrow are strong, so is Kendall. I'm pretty sure they're going to make it." He said.

"But Mr. Barrow is sick."

"He'll make it." He whispered.

"And if he doesn't?"

"We keep going. We won't stop until it's done." Parker said, "We've got to believe this has an end with Kendall and his family alive."

"I can't believe that." I said, going to the kitchen.

"Why's that?"

"I believed my parents wouldn't leave me, and they did. I believed that Kendall wouldn't leave, and he did. I believed that I could fix Grayson, and I didn't. Everything I believed in was a promise waiting to be broken." I sighed.

"Bailey, don't stop believing."

"Hold on to that feelin'!" I sang.

Instead of laughing, he stared at me, "I'm serious, Bailey."

"Sirius Black?"

"Bailey." He said in a warning tone.

"Okay." I said, walking in his direction and hugging him, "I'll try to believe in things."

"Good." He said, kissing my head, "Good."

.•.•Grayson's POV•.•.
Two days. Bailey wasn't lying when she said she wouldn't come back. Parker was gone, too and all I can assume is that Bailey took lover boy with her. When Bennett, Dylan, Luke, and Elly woke up the yesterday with Parker and Bailey nowhere to be seen, they freaked out. Luke and Dylan were both angry with themselves for having too much fun on the night of the party while Elly was bawling her eyes out. She kept saying it was her fault, but she wouldn't say why she thought that.

Bennett and I have skipped school, searching for both of them all around town, but Parker, his car, and Bailey, were nowhere to be seen. Bennett keeps telling me to let him search while I rest at home, but I refused. Bailey's tear-stained face kept popping into my mind, and being alone with that thought will kill me. I haven't told anyone about how I was the last person to talk to Bailey and what she had said to me two nights before, and I plan on keeping it that way. I don't want them to know I was the one that provoked her to go away, nor am I planning on telling.

"We've been searching for hours." Bennett said, "Let's take a break, meet up with the others. Plus you need the rest Grayson. Dad shot you pretty badly and you need to heal. I need to give you your medicine."

Now that he mentioned it, I'm starting to feel the pain of moving now. I nodded, not trusting my voice to agree with him. I drove to Parker's house and slammed my car door and with the rest of my energy I entered the house without a word, "Did you find them?" Luke asked, making me shake my head in response.

I plopped down on a seat before running a hand through my hair, "Have you contacted Bailey and Parker?" Bennett asked.

"Yeah, over ten times. None of them answered." Dylan said.

"How's Elly?" I asked, looking towards the door that led to the room she was in.

"Not well." Dylan said, "She wouldn't eat."

I nodded. I couldn't admit it was my fault. I just couldn't...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 40.9K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
303K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
363K 9.1K 44
I smiled at him but tears were starting to blur my vision together. "I hate you." His smile faltered and he looked taken back, "Not like that, Drake...
53.7K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...