Naomi [Wattys 2017]

By HusseinaJafiya

*COMPLETED* Formerly known as: The Cow Bee. When Naomi was four she got vitiligo, also known as leucoderma... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chaptet 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Epilogue
New story alert!
Wattys 2017

Chapter 19

626 68 6
By HusseinaJafiya

Chapter 19

"Naomi wake up." I feel someone shaking me.

I open my eyes to see my annoying brother standing infront of my bed.

"Why are you disturbing me?" I groan.

"It's 8 pm you need to get ready."

"Get ready for what?"

"Your stupid New Year's Eve date."

I jumped on my bed to sit up.

Oh my God!

How can I forget today was the second date with Adam!

I check my alarm clock to see it was 8:15 pm and I am supposed to be meeting him by 10 or rather before 10.

I feel so tired and lazy to do anything at the moment.

I lay back down on my bed and groan again.

"You really need to get your lazy ass up." David said. "Plus I woke you up for a reason."

"Which is..?"

"You will drop me off at Amanda's before you go for your date." He folds his arms.

"What makes you think I will do that?"

"I woke you up duhh."

I roll my eyes. 

"So is that a yes?"

"No."

"I take that as a yes." He snickered before he turned around to leave the room.

"I take that as a yes." I mimicked him and rolled my eyes.

I sit up and sigh.

So tonight is going to be another big date. I really hope this date turns out well.

After an hour and a half of getting ready, I just stand in front of my mirror frozen.

I don't think I will look as good as the last time.

I wore a simple black Long sleeve and knee length dress that my mum got for me last Christmas. I couldn't blame myself for wearing such when it's about 6 degrees outside.

I check my time to see it was 9:37 pm. I need to get going before I go late.

I run downstairs to get my hanging long black wool coat and blue winter scarf.

"David come down! I am leaving!" I shout as I put my coat on.

"Calm down I was just in the kitchen." he said as he came out of the kitchen already fully dressed.

Amanda must have put some sense into my brother. Crushes actually do a really good job to a person.

Without answering I open the door and walk up to my car while David locks the house door because mum and dad were out for a dinner.

After my brother hops into the seat beside me, I start the car.

So Naomi, this is going to be your actual first date all over again. Don't freak out okay?

I nodded to my silly thought and start moving to whichever destination we were going to first.

*********

I got to the restaurant five minutes before time and I was glad to be just on time.

Adam and I decided to make a change of restaurant as he told me about one German restaurant that does something special every New Year's Eve with entertainment and fireworks.

I was glad he has a great idea of a good place and timing for a date because everything felt really good at the moment.

I walk into the main restaurant and asked a lady by the desk for anyone similar to Adam and she takes me to where Adam is.

As usual Adam would be the one on time as I see him sitting on an empty table for two. He smiles and stands up the moment he sees me.

Damn he was really gorgeous in the navy blue suit.

He didn't wear any tie and his black shirt was buttoned down. He looked really classy.

When I on the other hand, didn't even wear heels.

"Hi." I said the moment I got closer to him.

"Hey I am glad you made it." He grins.

We just stand there in this awkward atmosphere around us as we just smile at each other.

"You could take a sit." He said which made things easier.

I take off my wool coat and winter scarf and hang it behind my sit.

"So how did your weekend go?" I asked the moment I take my sit remembering that today is Sunday.

"Well not so bad. Quite busy." He said as he sits too.

"With work right?"

"Yes and with some pictures."

"How often do you work?"

"Tuesdays and Saturdays."

"Interesting." I nod my head. "How's the photography thing going?"

"Good. Still looking for models."

"Naked models." I correct him and he snorts.

"Not exactly. Just any girl."

Hmm any girl. I nod my head and my attention goes to the ground. I look under the table beside Adam and I noticed something there.

It was a camera.

"You're sure indeed desperate for a model." I continue looking at the camera.

Adam noticed where my attention was and chuckles.

"Whatever the camera is here for I highly doubt that it's a good idea."

"Ofcourse it is a good idea sweetie." He looks at me and grins.

"And I hope that good idea doesn't have to do with me?" I look at him.

"Well... Maybe it does." He smirks.

"Adam! I told you I don't like pictures!"

"I know I know, but please you need to help me out with this one."

"With what exactly?" I raise my eyebrows.

"I've always wanted to take a picture during the very second of a new year."

"Well you can always shoot the sky when it's 12am on the dot."

"No you don't get." He snorts. "I'm talking about a memorable one."

"Ohh." I look at him waiting for him to say more.

"Please would you help me out with this one?"

I sigh in frustration and throw my hands in the air.

"Just one shot and never again."

"Anything for you baby girl." He grins.

I shake my head and look down at our menu.

"I think we should start getting our order ready because I am starving right now!" I breathe out.

Adam just chuckles at my crazy change of topic and picks up his menu too.

**********

It's been up to almost an hour we've been in the restaurant. There have been different performances by instrumentalist, singers and Djs.

Adam was right, this restaurant had a great idea for New Year's Eve special. I realized most customers here were couples and only a few amount of families were present. I wasn't too surprised by the kind of customers because everyone loves to have a romantic last minute of the year in an amazing place.

Adam and I have been talking about a lot of things we never knew that went on in our lives about and it was really interesting knowing him. He tells me of how his really close friends work in clubs and they are slightly older than him. We talk about other random stuffs also and he really cracks a joke about a lot of stuffs.

"And this guy really jumped from the roof top to the ground in only boxers." Adam said.

I almost choke on my spaghetti when he told me what happened.

He has been telling me a lot about the house parties he goes for. There are really a lot of crazy house parties that occur in the city and I never knew about them except the one I passed by some months ago. He tells me about the crazy things drunk people do when they've lost control and the one he was telling me now was out of control.

"Did he get hurt?" I asked.

"Definitely." He snorts.

I shake my head. Crazy people.

"Well his girlfriend didn't seem impressed at all."

"Duhh which girlfriend would ever be happy about such." I snort.

He just chuckles and looks at me.

"I forgot. How's your boyfriend doing? Hope he doesn't mind I took you out on a date?"

I look at Adam with a confused expression.

"Boyfriend ? What boyfriend?"

"Albert or something. The one Jenna was talking about." He looks at me.

"Oh my goodness." I look at Adam and start laughing. "He isn't my boyfriend."

"Hmm then who's he?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Just a guy that tries to talk to me every time."

"Does he like you?"

"Not like I care."

He chuckles at my last sentence. He puts an impressed expression as if he was satisfied about my response.

I just shake my head and continue eating.

"So-"

"-Ladies and gentlemen." Adam was cut of by a young brunette man with a black suit on stage holding a microphone. "I believe it's an hour to new year, hope you all are excited."

Everyone cheers. I cheer too because I was really excited about this coming new year.

"Just to keep you company we would have a final performance by this beautiful lady here." He ushers to a pretty blonde girl beside him. "She's going to sing all your favourite solos while couples take their stand to have a slow dance on the dance floor."

The man dances as he said the last sentence which makes everyone laugh and he hands the microphone to the pretty blonde girl. She takes a sit and puts the microphone on a stand.

Different couples start making their way to the dance floor when the pianist starts playing the piano. He starts playing a familiar song I wasn't sure of until the pretty blonde girl starts singing. It was Hello by Lionel Richie.

"I love this song." Adam looks up and I just grin at him.

"Yeah it's a really popular old song."

"Don't care. Still love it." He shakes his head to the music.

I just sit back and look at the silly Adam infront of me.

"I can't see it in your eyes..." Adam sings along crazily. "I can see it in your eyes.. You're all I ever wanted.."

I chuckle at his silly behaviour.

"And my arms open wide.." He opens his arms and sings passionately which makes me laugh more. "Cause know just what to say.."

I couldn't control my laughter anymore because Adam was really exaggerating a lot while he was singing along. He was a really good performer.

He stops singing and stares at me while i am still laughing my ass off. I calm down a bit when I saw him looking at me.

"What?" I asked

"Would you like to dance with me?"

My breathing started slowing down a bit when he asked that question. I opened my mouth and closed it. I tried to open it again but nothing came out of my mouth.

It's not like there's anything wrong with his question, I was just nervous a bit. I mean he's so sweet but I dunno why I didn't even know how to react to his question.

"What's wrong?" He asked when he noticed my reaction.

"Uhm it's just that dancing is not really my thing." I cleared my throat.

To be honest dancing really wasn't my thing.

"You can give it a try."

I look at Adam still unsure about my opinion but I just decided to give it a go and nod my head.

He smiles and stand ups. I stand up too and he takes my hand and we walk to the dance floor.

Couples filled the dance floor as they slow danced to the song. We walk through different couples on the dance floor and finally found a spot in between the dance floor.

Adam turns to me and moves closer.

I just stand there waiting for him to take control because I barely knew much about slow dance.

"So this is how we do it." He says as he puts his left hand on my waist which makes me shake a little but I became calm after some seconds.

"Then I take your hand.." He puts my right hand on his shoulder and takes my left hand into his right hand. We start moving left and right slowly.

I feel a bit awkward at the moment but I definitely had to withstand this for just the mean time.

"You look really good." Adam looks at me.

"Thank you." I smile as we were slow dancing.

Suddenly the pianist chances the tune of the song and the blonde singer starts singing Uncover by Zara Larsson.

"There's something I forgot to tell you."

I look at Adam waiting for him to say more.

"It has to do with our first date. I know you don't want to remember anything about that night but it's just that I've been dying to tell you it."

"I understand." I said slowly. "What did you want to tell me?"

"You looked amazing that night, like really really amazing. I could have told you but I just didn't know how to put it in words."

I gave him a small smile. "Thank you again."

He nods his head. "This night reminds me so much of what that night could have possibly been like if I didn't mess it up."

I just remained silent without bothering to reply him. I didn't like the idea of him trying to bring back memories of that night but what could I do? I really just have to move on from everything that happened that night and see a brighter light of what is ahead.

"I'm sorry for bringing it up."

"No it's fine really." I said as I look at him. He was looking at me and I felt my tummy twist.

We continue to slow dance in silence without anyone talking.

I listen to the song carefully as the whole atmosphere felt different and... Light.

My asylum, my asylum is in your arms
When the world gives heavy burdens.

I lean my head on Adam's shoulder and listen to the beautiful song.

I can bear a thousand tons
On your shoulder, on your shoulder.

I close my eyes as I continue to feel the words in my soul.

I can reach an endless sky
Feels like paradise

"You okay?" Adam asked.

"Mm?" I stay in the same position while my attention was still on the song.

Put two and together, forever we'll never change
Two and together we'll never change.

"You okay baby girl?"

"Yes I am." I muttered and still feel the spirit of the slow dance and the song.

Nobody sees, nobody knows
We are a secret, can't be exposed

Adam rested his head close to my neck as I was still leaning on his shoulders and dancing slowly. I could feel his warm breathe on my neck.

This was something very new to me but it was something I really liked. It was something that flushed a lot of emotions into me.

We could build a universe right here,
All the world could disappear

Adam's head shifts away from my neck which causes me to open my eyes and look up.

He was staring at me as I looked at him. Our faces were really close and it almost touched.

Adam leaks his lips which makes my chest burn really hard. It was one of the sexiest thing I've seen in history.

His eyes moves down to my lips. My breathing starts to slow down and my eyes trail down to his wet pink lips.

He leans closer to me.

My breathing was really shutting out.

He covers the little space between us which makes my breathing gradually shut down.

He closed up every space between us.

Suddenly my breathing shuts down.

_________________
END OF CHAPTER 19

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 3.1K 54
Previously known as The Accident --------- She is beautiful. So fucking beautiful. She is a star and I would become an astronomer for her and I woul...
3.7K 97 24
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...
4.4K 201 36
Hunter and Amelia are childhood friends. However, Amelia's feelings for Hunter aren't much of a secret. Hunter goes from girl to girl because of his...
1.1K 26 18
Her brows furrowed. "You look like you have something specific you wanna ask me." The tips of Liam's ears turned red at Emma's very accurate observat...