Young and Reckless (A Guns N'...

By georgesandwich

I myself could never live on the edge, but my friends could-- and they did. With their band making it big, th... More

1. Pleased to Meet You, Hope I Guessed Your Name
2. Hard Day's Night
3. All Apologies
4. Been a Long Time Since I Rock and Rolled
5. Remembering a Day
6. Season of Loving
7. We Never Seem to Find the Time
8. A Very, Very Nice House
10. Welcome to the Family
11. Appetite for Celebration
12. Somewhere Over the Rainbow
13. You've Got a Friend
14. All I've Got to Do is Act Naturally
15. The Little Gets More, The Bad Gets Badder
16. Why Do You Only Need Me When You're High?
17. Smiling Faces I Can See
18. Stay and Help Me End the Day
19. Twisting by the Pool
20. A New Day in the Life

9. When the Day is Done, Run

824 25 4
By georgesandwich

People were starting to fill the seats of the auditorium so it was hard to locate where my friends were-- if they really came.

"We're on in 10 minutes!"

I stopped peeking through the curtains and went to look into the mirror. I put more powder on my face to make myself look paler. My hair was tied loosely with a bow and I wore a 50's style German dress in a pale pink color. Now I'm definitely a 16 year old girl.

The stage manager told every cast and production crew to gather around. We held hands and said a little prayer led by the director.

"Break a leg everyone!" she told us.

I did a sign of the cross and hoped that I wouldn't really break my leg while performing.

The play began. We started with Do Re Mi; then my scene with the guy who played Rolf and we sang Sixteen Going on Seventeen; the last songs for the 1st Act which were My Favorite Things, Lonely Goatherd and So Long Farewell were performed by the "children" including me and "Maria".

After the 1st act, we went back stage to our dressing rooms for a half-our break and preparation for the 2nd Act.

"Quick water break then retouching of the actors!" The stage manager yelled.

Everyone drank water and rested. I quickly removed the high-heeled shoes which were killing me.

"We're not supposed to be here man!"

"Like I give a damn. There she is, the star!"

I was startled by the voices. Steven and Saul were in our dressing room, holding a bouquet of roses. Good thing, we weren't on a wardrobe change when they barged in.

"Guys!" I squealed and ran up to them on barefoot. "I thought you'd never come!"

"That's rubbish. We wouldn't miss your show for the world," Saul gleamed.

"I couldn't take my eyes off you, Em," Steven whispered, sneakily giving me a kiss. "Oh, we bought you this. I hope we picked the right flower and color."

They gave me the bouquet and I smelled the roses, "I love the flowers, thank you guys. Where's the rest of the group?"

"They were just behind us..." Steven said.

"They went outside to do some stuff," Saul said to Steven.

They exchanged looks and I stood between them, oblivious of what they were talking about.

A fellow actor broke the awkward silence.

"You're actually friends with the Guns N' Roses dudes?"

I nodded slowly and that's all it took before everyone started rushing to my two friends. For a few minutes everyone was rather awe-stricken until the production head shouted that it was time for the retouch of the performers.

"No outsiders in the backstage, please. Thank you," the production head said.

I glanced at Saul and Steven who looked like they enjoyed all the attention. I swear I saw kiss marks all over their faces.

"Meet us outside," Saul said, going for the exit.

"Catch ya later, Emmy," Steven hugged me before following Saul.

Another hour spent on stage for the last act. Most of the songs performed were all reprises. After the play we said goodbye to the crew and staff of God's Angels. Penny, a little girl from the foster home, also the one who played lil' Gretl, hugged me and I gave her a pack of candies from my duffel bag before she left with the staff.

"Enjoy your summer, Emilia. And I'm looking forward to be working with you next school year," the director told me.

"I'll do my best to stay active in the Guild, Ms. Hardy."

With that we parted ways. After changing into a church dress (I was so jumpy while preparing for everything that morning I forgot to bring pants!) and flats, I hurried outside with bag and flowers in tow.

When I got out, the boys weren't around and I thought they were in the cafeteria or in the nearest diner. Minutes passed, I found them, in an alley within a block of shops which was quite a distance from the college compound. I was about to go home if I didn't catch a glimpse of Izzy walking into the alley.

"You wackos! I was looking all over for you! I thought you got tired of waiting and left me!" I scolded, dropping my bag on the ground.

"I'm sorry, baby!" Steven cried, making a drooping expression. "But we weren't that far away, were we?"

"You just watched half of the show and left me, never telling me where you were headed to. How was I supposed to know where you're at?!"

"What's your problem? You already found us!"

I pretended to ignore the irritated, irrational Steven. Douche.

"Let's get outta here and eat, love birds," Saul interjected, carrying the duffel bag for me. "Duff's got us a table in Jerry's.

Steven glared at me and left me behind. "Lemme take those," Izzy said, taking the bouquet from my hands. "You were great back there, by the way. You would've made a talented, professional actress."

"Thanks," I looked at him and smiled. He had some powder on his nose. "Iz, you've got..." I pointed to his nose and he just wiped it off with the back of his hand.

We got inside a Dodge Caravan and Saul drove to Jerry's. I left my things in the vehicle and followed the guys to the table where Duff, Axl and a pretty brown-haired girl were waiting.

"Emilia!" Duff beamed. "We're damn proud of you, lil' girl! Too bad we had to leave early, some girls from the audience were trying to get to us..."

"It's alright man, I understand. I'm just glad you were there for me." I said.

"Hey Ax." I waved to Axl and his companion. Axl apologized for not watching, he said he had to go to an emergency to the studio which I understood. He introduced his girlfriend, Erin and I said hello.

"It's a shame we weren't able to watch your play. Saul here once mentioned you're an actress," was Erin's attempt to converse.

"I-I'm not.... I like performing but..." my hand went under the table and pinched Saul who was struggling to keep a straight face. "It was just a program of our organization in our school, no big deal about it."

"Apparently, it is a big deal. You have school, go on stage. I've heard you work as well." Erin smiled. "I can't do all those things."

I assumed she was only trying to be friendly and she had no idea how much I appreciate it. I spent too much time with the boys I almost forgot what it was like to be with a girl.

We ordered food and drinks. Jerry's served the best stakes in town but since I rarely eat meat, I stuck with the light sauteed beef and veggies. All in all, lunch was hearty, everyone was satisfied. The next thing we did was make plans for the night.

"How about Club Lingerie?" Axl suggested, his hand remained attached to Erin's. "I'll ask Vicky if she could arrange something for us there."

"I'd love to see some waitresses dress in lingerie's," joked Saul.

Izzy nudged him. "Cut it out, man. We're being serious here."

"I'm sure we can get a schedule if we go there now. They must know we've been playing in the Strip for quite a time." Duff said.

Steven's response to the matter? Eyes on the ground in deep thought.

The rest decided to go and close a deal with the club. I contemplated going home and getting a well-deserved rest.

Saul took my arm and went away a little from the others. "Sorry Em, we need to go. We were supposed to play in Gazzarri's but Axl got into a brawl so the management cancelled. We're trying to get the CL people to let us play in their place."

"No need to apologize, I wanna go home and have a nap anyways," I said, looking at him. "And looks like you need one too, you're eye bags are worse than mine... are you okay?"

Saul chuckled. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"I'm only concerned, that's all."

I walked to the car and grabbed my things. "Bye for now everybody, I'll see y'all around soon and it was really nice to meet you, Erin."

"I hope we can get to hang out real soon," Erin smiled.

"That'd be swell." I turned to Steven and asked, "Could you please take me home?"

To my surprise, he relented and even took my baggage and carried it. Duff flagged a taxi for us.

"Thanks again!" I waved at them as we got inside. I told the driver the directions to the apartment.

"I'll come by later to get Steven," Saul said, closing the door.

We arrived to the apartment and paid the driver the minimum ten. I had to wake Steven because he fell asleep during the ride.

I opened the door and turned the lights on. "I'm glad you agreed to come with me. Sometimes this place is just dead quiet, I miss all the noises you guys make."

Steven let out a weary smile and dragged his feet to one of the rooms.

I quickly put the roses in a vase and watered it up, the tips of the petals were starting to dry. I went to my room to find Steven covering himself with the pillow.

"You don't wanna talk to me, do you?" I would never get used to him being silent. That's not just the way he is.

"I'm tired, Emilia..."

"Touche. Can I lay down with you?"

When he didn't answer, I just lied down with my back to him. Minutes later he crept closer and got us into a spooning position. I felt his rigid, unsteady breaths against my neck. I knew then something could be wrong.

"Whatever it is, I'll try to understand. All you have to do is tell me," I turned to face him, pushing his wavy hair away his face. He looked exhausted just like Saul, his blue eyes were showing me agitation.

"I love you. Please don't leave me," was all he said.

At sundown Saul came over to pick Steven up who was still in my room.

I told Saul about Steven's behavior and my hunch that they were hiding something from me.

"We're all sick, Em," Saul said, burying his face in his hands.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 58 27
𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈. DISCONTINUED 𝐴 𝑠𝑙𝑎𝑠ℎ 𝑓𝑎𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛. _____________________________ "𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦...
37.7K 400 51
requests r always open ;) it's mainly just smut 😋 message me for ideas or what you would like in these imagines
38.6K 917 32
Book 1 of 🌸 𝓗𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮𝓷 🌸 (Btw, in this series GN'R doesn't break up. I follow most of the true events in GN'R's career except for the breaking up...
60.3K 1.1K 15
A young girl named Angel, with hair that changed more then her music taste bumped into one teenage boy that would change her life forever.