Caught In The Middle

By SanC-Rylie

This is the continuation of Book 1 Daddy's Little Assassin. So before you even proceed to read this book plea... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Bonus Chapter
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Please Read- Author's Note
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Important Note
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
The Cast
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Book 3
Newest Mafia Novel
New Story Alert 🚨

Chapter 78

53K 2.1K 392
By SanC-Rylie

So Gio and I had flew to Italy a few minutes ago and we were now in one of his Dad car's that had came to pick us up. I couldn't help but feeling a bit nervous at meeting Gio's Dad. All I kept thinking was that if he doesn't like me its going to be a bit hard for me and Gio. Even though Gio said he wouldn't care, but its always somewhat a bit of a challenge in every relationship when your family doesn't like your boyfriend or your girlfriend. My family hated Gio at first but at least they seemed to be getting along quite well now, thankfully. So I'm really hoping that Gio's father won't be one of those old stuck up man that decide he doesn't like me without even getting to know me.

"You're really quiet" Gio said looking at me. "In fact you've been really quiet ever since you had board the plane".

" Sorry" I said looking at him. "I'm just wondering what your father is like".

"You don't have to be nervous Lexi. Sure my Dad can be a jerk at times, but only when it counts" Gio told me as he took my hand in his. "Don't worry, he'll like you".

" I hope so" I sighed. "I have never really done the whole meet the parents thing, so you'd have to understand why I'm a bit nervous now" I said to him.

"I don't get it, a girl with a personality like yours, who isn't afraid to kill when it comes to it yet you're here nervous about meeting my father?" Gio said amused. "I don't think he's going to harm you Cara. So try to relax".

"Well that goes to show you how much the little and simpler things in life, scares me" I chuckled slightly.

"Well you don't have to be scared. I'm here" Gio smile as he pulled me closer to him.

When we reach Gio's dads house, one of the first thing I noticed was the stone decor, it was amazing. Gio helped me out of the car before us walking to the door, telling me not to worry about the bags. By now my back was slightly stiff from sitting up most of the flight here and so the area around the wound was feeling a bit tender.

"Are you okay?" Gio asked as we entered the house, I was trying to discreetly work out the uncomfortable feelings from my back without worrying him.

"Yeah, my back just feels a little bit stiff that's all" I said to him not wanting to worry him.

"Maybe you should lay down and rest it a bit" Gio said as he helped me out my jacket. "You've been sitting up for a while now".

"Giovanni cara, è che voi ? Oh Dio è . Sono così felice di vederti , non avevo idea che venivi avrei..." An elderly lady dressed in a maid outfit came out greeting him with a large motherly smile on her face.
(Giovanni dear, is that you? Oh god it is. I'm so glad to see you, I had no idea you were coming I would have...")

"E 'abbastanza bene Carolina ... E' bello vedere anche voi , è stato un po '" Gio smile at her as he went to embrace her.
(It is quite alright Carolina... It is great seeing you too, it has been a while")

"Guardati, sempre più bello ogni volta che ti vedo...Allora, chi è questa bella donna qui?" She asked smiling at him knowingly as she turned her attention to me.
(Look at you, getting more handsome everytime I see you...
So, who is this beautiful woman here?")

" Carolina this is my awesome girlfriend Lexi, she doesn't speak much Italian. Lexi this is Carolina, you could say she's my second mother " Gio introduced us. You could see that he really love the elderly lady in front of us by the way he spoke to her. "She's been with us for years"

"Hi, its really nice meeting you" I smiled as I stretched my hand out to her.

I was surprised when I was pulled into a tight hug. I was definitely not expecting this considering she doesn't even know me. I had to sort of arch my back in a way that she doesn't irritate my wound around back.

"It is great to meet you too cara" she said as she pulled back. "I'm so happy my Giovanni found himself a nice lady. You are molto bella cara".
(...very beautiful dear)

I smile and blushed at her words.

"Carolina , abbiamo avuto un po 'di lungo volo e Lexi qui è un po' stanco . Sarebbe bello se potesse arrivare a stabilire per un po " Gio said to her. "Ma mi piacerebbe prima da lei incontrare padre , è lui nel suo ufficio come al solito?"

(Carolina, we've had a bit of long flight and Lexi here is a bit tired. It would be nice if she could get to lay down for a while....But I'd first like her to meet father, is he in his office as usual?"

"Yes he is in his office. And your room is already clean and all. Would you like me to make you guys something to eat?" Carolina responded to him.
(Si è nel suo ufficio . E la vostra camera è già pulito e tutto . Vuoi che me fare voi ragazzi qualcosa da mangiare ?)

"Thank you Carolina, and yes that would be nice" Gio smile at her. "By the way where is Em?"

"Oh Emilia went shopping earlier I believe. She's supposed to be back soon" Carolina replied.

"Okay, you can bring whatever up to my room when your finished" Gio said to her before leading me further in the house.

After going down a long hallway, we came to stop in front of a door which was slightly ajar. Gio stopped in front of it, then turned to me.

"Ready to meet my father?" Gio asked.

"I guess so" I nodded nervously.

"Come on" Gio said taking my hand.

"No, wait. You should go first, let him warm up to the idea of meeting me" I said to him.

"If that'll make you feel better" Gio said as he knocked on the door twice before entering.

I stood just outside the door trying to prepare for anything. If Gio father hates me then I'll just have to get use to the idea. I could hear them talking in Italian. I could hear Gio addressing him as 'padre' and his father who had a surprisingly my scary voice responded, so far he sounded glad to have his son here.
I caught Gio saying
'Padre , voglio farvi conoscere qualcuno' just before I heard him calling me in.

(Father, I want to introduce you to someone)

I made my way into the home office and stood beside Gio.

"Padre, questo è Lexi , la mia ragazza. Lexi, this is my dad Adamo Cavelli" Gio introduced.

(Father, this is Lexi, my girlfriend).

"Mr.Cavelli hi, its nice to meet you" I said with a smile.

"Hm" was all he responded as he nod his head before standing up and walking over to us.

I looked to Gio raising a brow questioningly to which he just shrugged.

"So this is the girl" Mr. Cavelli said in his deep Italian accent.

"Si, questa è lei" Gio responded throwing his hand over my shoulder gently and pulling me closer into him.
(Yes, his is her)

"Sembra abbastanza bello" Mr. Cavelli responded before turning to me and taking my hand in his. "Its a pleasure meeting you Lexi".
(She, seems nice enough".

" And you to sir" I smile at him.

"Please, you can call me Adamo" he replied before turning to Gio. "Figlio , lei sembra una davvero bella ragazza , ma è sicuro di questo ? Voglio dire vuoi rischiare di ottenere una ragazza innocente come questo tutto incasinato nel nostro tipo di mondo ? Riuscirà mai essere in grado di gestire la cosa?"

(Son, she seems like a genuinely nice girl but you sure about this? I mean do you want to risk getting an innocent girl like this all messed up in our type of world? Will she ever be able to handle it?)

"Trust me Dad, I don't think that's going to be no problem whatsoever" Gio chuckled. "Non lasciate che questo bel viso innocente ingannare".
(Don't let this beautiful innocent face fool you)

"Lei sa quello che fate al di fuori di struttura e attività di gestione?" Mr. Cavelli asked Gio.
(Does she know what you do outside of hotel and business management?)

"Si padre, she does" Gio respond. I could only guess his father was inquiring about me. "Maybe, I should introduce you guys more properly. Padre, this is Alexa Luciano"

"Luciano?" Mr.Cavelli asked in surprised looking at me then back to Gio. "Luciano? As in..."

"Alphonso form mafia boss of the Luciano group daughter" I replied finishing for him.

"You're dating Luciano's daughter?" Mr.Cavelli asked Gio in shock.

"I got the same reaction my family when they found out I was dating a Cavelli. But I never thought it'd be the same way in reverse" I found enough courage to say. "But I'm not that bad"

"How does it go from..." Mr.Cavelli started before Gio joined in.

"Padre, just know the Luciano aren't enemies. And I've surprisingly gotten accepted into the family" Gio said to him.

"What...? Wait no, I don't want to know" Mr.Cavelli replied shaking his head. "Welcome to my home Lexi, hope you enjoy your stay here"

"Thank you Mr.Cavelli. I'll definitely try to" I smiled.

"Anyway dad, its been kind of a long flight and Lexi is a bit tired, so I'm going to show her to my room so she can get some rest" Gio said to him.

"Alright, you two. Have a good rest Lexi, its a pleasure meeting you" Mr.Cavelli said as he went back to his desk.

"I will. And you too Mr. Cavelli" I smiled at him before Gio and I turned to leave.

"What happened to your shoulder?" Mr.Cavelli asked stopping us.

I hadn't even remembered that I had took off my jacket earlier and that the plaster covering my gunshot wound was now showing.

"I uhm... had a little unfortunate situation" I replied not really wanting to just say I got shot even though I'm pretty sure he had already figure that out by now. "Its a long story".

" For the time you are here Lexi, you and I will have to do some catching up when I'm not busy" Mr. Cavelli said.

"Yes sir" I smile before Gio and I left.

"He doesn't seem that bad" I said as Gio led me to his room.

"Yeah, you caught him in a good mood" Gio respond.

****
"Wow, this is really beautiful Gio" I smiled at him before looking back at the scene below us.

"I thought you'd like it that's why I brought you here" Gio said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I love it" I said as I turned in his arms kissing him on the lips before looking back at the city lights before us.

Gio had brought me out to a really romantic dinner at one of his father's hotel. After the dinner Gio had said he had something to show me as he led me out to the balcony of the hotel room. Sliding open the door, I hadn't expected this that I saw. The scene was to die for considering we were up on I think the 26th floor. The many different lights below was so beautiful not to mentioned looking at the traffic, but what really caught my attention was the different color lights across on another building which suddenly light up and says I love you Lexi.

"Oh my God Gio, how did you managed to do that?" I asked turning to look at him.

"Let's just say I have my ways" Gio smiled at me.

"Its so beautiful, I love you too" I smiled hugging him.

"I'm glad you like it" Gio said hugging me as well before pulling away and taking my hands in his. "Let's go back inside for a bit".

" Okay" I nodded as I allowed him to lead me back inside and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Lexi, we may not have known each other for years, but getting to know you have been the best thing I've ever done. It certain felt like we've known each other for years" Gio said to me. "Sure, we have had our disagreements and our ups and down but you're the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love you Lexi, I really do more than anything and I'll kill anyone who ever try to hurt you in anyway again. I'll protect you with my life. I think you're the perfect one for me, we understand each other and you know me more than anyone else. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, loving you, protecting you and trying to right every wrong I've ever done you. What I'm saying is that I can't find a better way or time to ask you this. Will you make me a more lucky and happy man by becoming my wife?"

I opened my mouth and shut it shock at was was happening now. Gio was proposing to me. I gasp as I saw Gio pulled a 14k white gold engagement ring with a center round diamond and sapphire gems at the two sides and holding it up to me. It was really beautiful.

"Lexi will you marry me?" Gio asked waiting for my answer.

"Are you-are you serious?" I let out a nervous chuckle after finding my voice.

"Dead serious" Gio replied.

"Uhm, I don't know what to say" I said laughing a little before started nodding.

"Is that a yes?" Gio asked hopefully.

"Yes! Of course its a yes" I said excitedly.

"Really? That's great" Gio laugh quickly slipping on the ring on my finger. "I love you Lexi"

"I love you" I laugh looking at the the ring before jumping in his arm and kissing him on the lips.

*Screeeeeeeeam!* Gio finally popped the question, what do you guys think? I can't tell y'all how excited I was to write the last part of this chapter. Now it's definitely obvious and officially showing now just how serious Gio is about Lexi. Hope you liked it.
So guys if you want to read book three, you can find it on my profile now. Its called Rescued and Risen, only the preview is up right now. I won't start posting in it until this one is finished but you should go ahead and add it to your library and reading list now.

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 2.6K 55
"Take one more step and I won't hesitate to shoot you" I say, still aiming the gun at him "Then shoot, I dare you" he says taking a step closer to m...
1.9M 71.3K 80
Becoming a stripper or taking part in what most people would term as 'prostitution' was never my dream. Becoming a hooked drug addict was never part...
1M 30.5K 79
Liviana Vitale has spent her life surrounded by trauma. But these past two years have been the hardest ones yet. She always thought the only brother...
125K 1.8K 55
|Book 1 in Dangerous Mafia Series| Please read this first| A girl who has secrets and thoughts darker than most. A boy who will be the leader of the...