Gamers

By DeadDontLie

In the supernatural world, the creatures are countless and they manifest among the living undetected. The mos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 28

41 7 10
By DeadDontLie

General POV.

"He's going to die at the end?"

"Have you ever watched a movie before!?" Mia scowled at Harry.

"I don't have time for such trivialities. Now is he going to die or not?" Harry demanded and Mia chuckled.

"Seriously Harry, why so tense? You hadn't even touched your popcorn." She said mockingly.

"I do not eat and I'm not tense. I just don't like not knowing things." He said in irritation.

"You used to chew gum." She reminded.

"I tasted it's particles. Big difference." Harry replied.

"Watch the movie, Harry." She finalized.

"Why would we watch a film anyway? that's no fun." He said and Mia ignored him trying to concentrate on the movie.

A few minutes passed in silence before Harry interrupted again,

"Do you ever really learn anything from such films?" He asked.

"God! Harry. What do you want?" She said frustratingly.

"Nothing. I just think this is a waste of time." He shrugged casually.

"Fine. What do you wanna do?" She asked turning the TV off.

"Do you know how fun fighting with swords is?" He suggested his eyes lightung up.

"That's if you know how." She looked at him amusingly.

Harry stared at her, stood up and headed to the door.

"Hey! Where are you going?" She asked.

"I'm offended honestly, so I'm leaving." He replied and she laughed.

"No no, seriously though, you know how to fight with a sword?" She gaped.

"Excuse me, I'm the finest swordsman on earth." He said with pride and surely he meant all meanings of the word 'swordsman'.

"Show me." She challenged and he raised his eyebrows amusingly.

"I'll show you." He accepted the challenge.

__________________________

"I hate that we have to drive." Harry complained adjusting the seatbelt of her car.

"Do you want me to?" She offered.

"No, I just don't understand why we can't teleport there." Harry shaded.

"I. Do. Not. Want. To. Be. Teleported. I'm sure we've been through this conversation before." Mia said in a stern voice.
"Yes we have. I also can't understand your refusal of the whole apparition idea. Don't you trust me?" He asked but he was already driving.

"It's not that. I just...." she trailed off.

"You're scared?" He asked amused.

"No!" She quickly denied.

"You are!" He mimicked her tone. "However, in my perspective, it's ten times scarier when I drive so fasten your seatbelt." He continued.

"Great soothing skills, really." She rolled her eyes playfully.

"Awesome right? Now where was the pedal?" Harry spoke mindlessly while bending to see the gas pedal.

He then hit it with all his might. Mia could've sworn that he didn't know what a brake means. He kept wondering why it was so fast and Mia kept screaming for cars and people to get out of the way.

"Brakes bRaKeS BRAKES!" She yelled and still Harry didn't budge.

"I don't know where they are!" He said.

"RIGHT BESIDE THE GAS PEDAL!" Mia shouted and they stopped to a halt in a split second and interia jolted them forward.

Mia looked up and glared after a few curse words.

"What's up there?" Harry asked curiously.

"Nothing, it's just that you passed the entire red lights and you stopped on a green one." She said with a fake smile that turned to a grimace.

"Oh right. Green is go." Harry said and kicked the gas pedal too harshly and they set off with supersonic speed.

"I don't even want to think about the amount of speeding tickets." Mia muttered.

"Speaking of which, is that a police car behind us?" Harry asked innocently and Mia's head darted up to the rearview mirror.

"Of course it is, why am I even surprised?" She said resting her head on the seat, sighing as Harry suddenly pulled over, waiting for the police car to keep up.

"Sir, can you get out of the car?" The police officer knocked on Harry's window.

Harry nodded, shifting his face to an anonymous person and getting out of the car.

"Having a rough day, kid?" The man asked.

"Yes, sir. Turns out driving wasn't as easy as I remembered it to be." Harry replied politely.

"Can I see some ID?" The police officer demanded.

"Sure." Harry said stuffing his hand in his jacket and pulling out a blank card.

But of course, Harry had invaded the man's mind and clouded his eyes, forcing him to see whatever he pleased.

"Robert Black. Hm." The man read and Harry nodded.

"Driver's license?" The officer requested.

"Sure." Harry repeated the same moves and performed the same mind illusion and the man nodded and returned them.

"Can you walk on that line straight? Forwards and backwards." The man required and gestured to the line forward.

"Sure, sir." Harry kept his polite tone and walked the line forwards and backwards, Mia laughing in the car.

"Okay Robert, Will you recite the alphabets backwards?" He asked as a final resort. Harry nodded and did what he was told and the policeman gave a baffled look.

"Then how can you explain this, Rob?" The policeman asked.

"I already did, sir. Driving wasn't as easy as I remembered it to be." Harry replied and Mia got out of the car.

"It's alright. I'll drive him from here." Mia said and walked next to Harry.

"Fine but he's still got a fee to pay." The man said and Harry stuck out a bunch of true £s to him.

They both got into their seats silently before Harry interrupted.

"You're lucky. We're almost there. Go straight, pass the first alley on the right and then go to the one past it." He filled the directions and she drove immediately.

"Shut up, you were lucky. They thought you were drunk." She countered.

"Please don't remind me of that so I don't have to wipe it from your memory." Harry friendly-threatened.

"You can do that?!" She asked surprisingly.

"No, but I'll find a way." Harry confessed casually.

"Yeah until then, I got the upper hand." She said proudly.

"Whatever." Harry said pretending to be annoyed.

"You recited the alphabets backwards!" She exlaimed in an overly happy tone.

"Thank God. we're here." Harry informed and they got out just to find that the swording centre is closed.

"Ugh. Such a bust." Mia said and Harry had a wicked smile on his face.

"Wanna get in?" He asked still grinning.

"Duh." She replied and he stretched his hand. She spent a few moments unaware of the purpose to the gesture then she realized he was offering teleportation.

"No way!" She backed off.

"C'mon we're not just going to go back!" Harry whined and she headed to the car.

"Yes of course we're going back." Mia responded.

"Wait here." Harry said.

He crossed the street and stopped in front of a little girl that stood a few feet away from a very similar looking lady, presumed to be her mom. Mia followed him.

"Hello, Crissy. Do you mind if I borrow your hairpin for a moment? Pinky promise, I'll return it before mommy sees." He knelt down and requested, whispering the last part.

The girl looked at her mom then back at Harry hesitantly, then she nodded pulling the hairpin out.

"Thanks!" Harry exclaimed excitedly and speed-walked to the swording centre shoving the hairpin in the keyhole.

"Oh my God! You're breaking in!?" Mia yell-whispered, freaking out.

"Yes. Why are you whispering?" Harry said calmly.

"We're breaking the law!" She continued yell-whispering.

"No, we're just breaking in here. Let's just hope he hasn't applied any security system that triggers an alarmor something." Harry said and twisted the hairpin.

"What! Stop! No!" She tried and put her hands over her ears when the door clicked open.

"Ha." Harry bragged briefly before crossing the street and catching up with the little kid and giving her her hairpin, leaving the mom puzzled.

He crossed the street back and closed the entrance of the centre.

"Now shall we start?" He said swooshing a sword out of it's container.

He taught her standard moves and to Mia, swording was much easier than shooting.

When they fought however, she performed hesitant slow moves. Scared to injure Harry if she makes a quick move despite the fact that Harry predicted every move she'd do and countered them all and eventually, he knocked her sword down multiple times.

"Unleash yourself." Harry commanded.

She slashed and he reversed, she tried again and he reversed.

"Try quicker moves and a different series. You're literally following a certain series of slashes." He advised and she nodded.

She went for the head, not waiting for him to reverse before she made another move. A different one. She went for the leg, abdomen, arm, leg again the neck and she would've continued her random attack if Harry's sword hadn't forcefully met hers in the air, causing pain to climb her arm thus the sword dropped from her grip.

Harry swiftly picked it up before it hit the ground and rushed forward, holding it horizontally in neck level.

Their faces were inches apart and Mia liked it. She just didn't want to think about the proximity of the sword and her neck.

She got lost in his eyes trying to search them for the lust that burned hers but Harry's eyes were cold and his breath was even, unlike hers.

She leaned in but Harry shook his head and looked at her neck. Despite that it turned her on, only then did she realize her skin was already pressed to the blade.

Harry pulled away, and neatly put the two swords in their places and then turned and walked back to where he was standing. Close to Mia.

"There's no sword now." She said hypnotized by his stunning face.

"Let's not be sinners, Mia." Harry smiled playfully and her face flushed.

"Delicate way to decline." She cleared her throat and Harry burst into laughter.

"Asshole." She muttered and smiled under the effect of his contagious laughter.

"Sinner." He teased and she punched his arm.

Sinner.

__________________________

Some bonding time between Mia and Harry.

Who do you ship more Mia & Harry/Mia & David?

((Yes I'm struggling with ship names okay! Any suggestions?))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

429K 11K 50
Alex Parks had always wanted to be a good person with a normal life. Then a rude, temperamental violent boy entered it and threw everything out of he...
1.8K 424 37
An unforeseeable death brings forth a dream to suddenly come true. What begins as the sublime moment of triumph and fulfilled fantasy drastically cha...
983 17 31
"Does he know?" "...no..." "I think he should, don't you think?" "Why can't this be just... our... little secret?" This isn't your typical love stor...
2.9K 156 28
Hello my name is Lelia. I have one parent a mother but she is hardly home. I don't believe in scary stuff but I guess I have to do that now when HE c...