The Archer And The Bookworm A...

By AlecGideonLightworm

The story of a bookworm and a archer colliding in one of the most twisted ways possible...or so they thought. More

Disclaimer
Prologue Part One
Prologue Part Two
Chapter One: The Beginning.
Chapter Two: Magnus Bane
Chapter 3: Pandemonium
Chapter Four: Angel warrior
Chapter 5: silent brothers
Chapter 6: vampires
Chapter 7: Bow And Arrow.
Chapter 7: Beautiful Thief
Chapter 8: Hot blushes and Stubbornness.
Chapter 9: The subway and Magnus Bane
Chapter 10: Memories
Chapter 11: Gifts & Change
Chapter 12: Unspoken Passion.
Chapter 13: The Cup And Underwear.
Chapter 14: Drunken Dancing And Stolen Kisses.
Chapter 15: Just A Dream And Birthday's
Chapter 17: Heartbreak's And Coffee.
Chapter 18: Hanging Out
Chapter 19: Secret's Unleashed And Stiff Member's.
Chapter 20: Hello's & Goodbye's.
Chapter 21: Blind Love & Angel's.
Chapter 22: Meeting The Parent's & Xavier Jr.
Chapter 23: Unrequited liking's & Wedding's.
Chapter 24: Heart's Finally Colliding & Aku Cintu Kamu.
Chapter 25: Morning Masterpieces
Chapter 26: First Dates & Beating Hearts
Chapter 27: Love & Lust.
Chapter 28: Nothing Lasts Forever.
Chapter 29: Potatoes & Coming out
Chapter 30: Something is in the air, and it isn't love. It's hope.

Chapter 16: Restoring And Making Friendship's.

9.2K 205 86
By AlecGideonLightworm

This chapter is kind of crazy, and confusing. I have tried to skip the boring part's (well the part's I find boring.) in this chapter.  By the way, above is Emilia Clarke as Alexandra Arrowwood. It has taken so long to find the perfect actress to play her, so I am glad I have found them.

Alex's POV

You know when you feel like you want to give up? Yeah, well I feel like giving up. 

Ever since she left me I had ridden her from my mind all together, because it was a selfish act that she put upon me at such a young age. But my time in the shadow world has only brought back the thought's of her-Good and bad. I don't even want to identify my self with her last name, I am that repulsed. All those night's after finding out about what she did to me at the age of three- leaving me all alone: helpless and alone- I let tear's fall freely, leaving my tear duct's bone dry. I felt unwanted, loathed and all alone. My heart ripped and demolished to unfixable piece's. 

After that, I turned into a unsocial-able, depressed out-casted child at the age of seven year's old- Now at that age I should have had many friend's and would have alway's been happy with laughter and amusement but no. I must sound like a brat and spoilt but when your mother leave's you without a reason or with no 'Goodbye, I am leaving you.' you turn on everyone, you feel like your whole world had been destroyed or collapsed around you, burying you alive.

But now that I am older, I know I should't hold on to that little shred of hope that she may come back. She never will.

This world is making me stronger- Strong enough to fight the demon's who dance to the beat my hurt, pain and barely fixable heart.

But ever since I entered this world, I have lost many close friend's, I am going to get them back whether it kill's me during it.

It is 6pm now, and I will not sleep until I get them back.

Magnus, I am coming for you. (Not the creepy way, I promise.)

Alec's POV

"Don't do Alec please!" Isabelle yell's as I punch the bag once more. Izzy bound's into the training room, her face flustered and eye's pleading and begging.

"Don't do what?"

"Mom and dad want you to marry." Her eye's falling to the ground.

 Anger boil's into my blood, Rage course's through my vein's, "Screw the rule's. Screw this. Screw the clave. Screw everything." Anger dripping from my mouth. My face contorting in outrage. whacking the bag i storm out of the training room, when I get a text. 

Luke: There has been an attack at The Jade Wolf. 

Pictutre's are attached to the text of a forsaken, bringing them up on monitor's.

"Where did you get those?" Lydia enter's.

"Luke." I bluntly say.

"You are friend's with Lucian Graymark. An ex-circle member." Lydia scowl's in distaste.

"We should send Isabelle and Alec to investigate, it is surely linked to Valentine." My mother interject's.

"I need to see it for myself." Lydia begin's to exit the institute until she turn's to stare me down. "Are you coming or what?" I jog over to her to exit with her, I hate this!

1 hour later.

"I can see why all the girls in Idris are clamoring to meet you." Lydia glance's at me.

Is she flirting with me? Better not be. I have only got eye's for the bookworm.

"What do you mean?" I ask staring straight ahead.

"Rumor has it you're looking to settle down - get married." she say's looking at me but I stare straight ahead.

"Damn it." 

"Let me guess. Not your idea?" Lydia giggle's slightly.

"Not even close." A scowl forming on my feature's.

"My parents tried to set me up, too. Made my own path. I married the love of my life John Monteverde. Together we were going to run the Lisbon Institute. And then John was killed. Everything was ripped away. My love, my dream job Piece of advice. In this line of work, the only thing worth falling in love with is the work itself." She sigh's looking down. I feel sympathy for this woman even though she has gotten on my nerve's many time's since her arrival.

"Lydia, I am sorry." 

"Don't pity me." she snap's.

"I am not pitying you." I snap back.

"We need to stop wasting time and get to Lucian." Her scowl deepening as her wall's build them-selves back up, brick by brick.

Lydia walk's further in front while I briskly walk not too shortly behind.

Alex's POV

"Pumpkin?"

"Magpie." A smile quickly transforming into a wide grin form's on my face. All emotion's drown me all at once, causing a sob erupt from my chest.

Without any notice Magnus' arm's wrap around my shaking body, pulling me into his loft on to his sofa, allowing me to cry into his chest.

"I have missed you Magnus. So much." I say looking up into his glossy feline eye's.

"I have missed you also Alexandra." he kissed my forehead firmly.

Sitting up from our previous position , I cup Magnus' cheek wiping away a stray tear with the pad of my thumb. "I do not deserve you. You are the most honest, faithful and bravest person I know. And I love you." All the passion I could muster was put into those word's but I could see doubt or guilt in his eye's.

"I am not totally honest with you Pumpkin." His gaze lower's to his fiddling hand's.

"What do you mean?" Confusion etches on my feature's.

Magnus swiftly stand's up and walk's away from the couch mumbling profanities as he pace's the room.

"Magnus, tell me please." I plead feeling anxiety and my heart pounding out of my chest.

Determination in his eye's, Magnus take's my hand's in his, "Alexandra-" He take's a deep breath before continuing. "- You have a brother." he closes his eye's waiting for my reaction.

"I know. Simon." I say in a 'duh' tone. Rolling my eye's I slightly chuckle at his seriousness.

"No. You have a real brother." Magnus take's his hand's from mine and begin's to pace the room, muttering profanities under his breath.

What does he mean 'real brother'? Is this a prank or something? "What are you talking about Magnus?" I whisper, barely audible.

"You have a brother Alexandra! Flesh and blood, the whole package!" he yell's, making me flinch. "I am sorry for yelling, but you are so oblivious to everything Alex." His feature's show anger, yet his eye's show sadness.

"Where is he?" My voice crack's.

Magnus look's up from his pacing surprised that I spoke. "H-he is here. In New York." he speak's.

"Okay." So many thought's are going through my mind. I do not know what to feel first: Betrayal, sadness, happiness or... Relief. I do have family in this world. 

"Alexandra, Are you okay?" Magnus ask's quietly.

My body feel's heavy, my heart bruising my rib cage yet, fixing it's self slowly. Lifting my gaze to Magnus' eye's, a soft smile spread's on my lips. A genuine smile. "I need to see him." the determination ring's in my voice. 

"Alexandra you can-"

"Yes I can. I want to see him. I need to see him." courage and bravery erupt's my spirit.

A grin spread's on Magnus' feature's showing he want's to do this too. "You know this could be dangerous. He doesn't know you exist."

"He will have to get use to me existing won't he." A smirk replace's my smile, my eyebrow cocking up.

Magnus laugh's out loud collapsing onto the sofa beside me. "Little Miss Stubborn. I will tell you about him after I get back from the institute. Happy birthday by the way." he wink's leaving the loft. "Watch the loft for me." he yell's from down the hall. 

I slump back onto sofa, covering my face with my hand's giggling. 

I have a brother.

Alec's POV

Punch

My parent's were in the circle.

Punch Punch

They got away with it.

Punch

They want me to marry.

Punch punch punch

Why are they doing this to me?! I have obeyed all the rule's. I have worked my ass off to make them proud of me but I guess Jace is right. My best isn't good enough.

I felt another presence in the room, forcing me to stop my power hitting the bag. I turn breathing heavily, my chest raising and falling rapidly.

"Magnus." I walk over to the bench to slip on a jacket, as I had taken my shirt off about half way in my session from sweating. Noticing Magnus checking me out, I gave him a weird look (Not a dirty look by the way.)

 "Okay, I'm back." He looked disappointed as he saw me slipping my arm's into my jacket. "Oh, you don't have to get dressed up for me." Magnus roll's his eye's and mutter's "Fine, but I liked what I saw." What is his point? Taking a deep breath he continue's, "I have the preliminary autopsy findings." Finally.

"Why are you giving this to me? This should go to the head of the Institute." Confusion taking it self upon my feature's.

"And it is." he state's matter of factly.

"I'm not. And I never will be." I alway's doubt my self, because it is true. "Magnus, it's like it's like my whole life has been a lie. Now, everything I've ever known is - It's not what you thought." I sigh releasing my thought's, "I've done everything for my parents for the Clave and-" I breath in heavily and begin to stutter, "I've done everything that they've asked."  exasperated I finish my rant.

"Maybe you should start living for yourself." I look up to meet his gaze, "Do what's in your heart." What if what is in my heart, is too strong?

"I can't believe I'm saying this. I think you're right." I sigh deeply. 

This is so wrong! I can't do this to her. But it is what is right.

Alex's POV

Lounging around Magnus' loft, I begin to get really bored until-

Buzz Buzz Bu-

"Hello." Lifting the phone to my ear.

"Alex, I am scared. I think I am changing." Simon's voice shake's of fear over the phone. This is too soon, he can not be changing already.

"Say no more. Where are you?" I ask desperately, leaning forward on the sofa resting my elbow's on my knee's.

"Hotel Of Dumort." His voice crack's when he spoke.

"I will be right there!" I felt confident and hung up the phone. Sprinting to Magnus' office, I take a piece of paper out of Magnus' notebook and write:

Magnus,

I need to help Simon. I will be right back.

-Alexandra

With that I ran out of the loft. 

Raphael's POV

"What are you doing here Mundane?" Cue the eye roll fest.

"I-I think I am turning into a v-vampire." The Mundane, Simon, (I think that is his name) stutter's. He has ruined so many jacket's I should sue him.

And the eye-roll's begin- "And why would I care?" A smirk tugging on my lip's tilting my head to the side.

A faint scent of Angel blood fill's my lung's, not the kind that make's me want to gag, but the kind (the only kind) that make's me want more. So sweet, so breath-taking. Whom hold's that scent? It become's stronger and closer.

Shaking my head from  the daze of the most stunning scent I have come across in my life, I answer the Mundane even though I didn't hear him. "I do not care."

"You need to help me pl-" he start's but is cut off by an equally, maybe even more, stunning melody of a voice as they enter the room making the scent stronger.

"Simon, the perimeter is clear. Is it sorted?" The melodic voice say's.

A heavenly looking female specimen enter's the room, bringing all my sense's to go raging. Her pearly silver lock's flowing around her heart shaped face. Her full bottom rose lip, stuck between her teeth. She radiate's bravery, courage and passion, all in one. Finally her cobalt ocean's for eye's meet mine, If my heart could still beat, it would be pulsing to the speed of light. If my cheek's could blush, they would be crimson. 

A soft smile place's it self on her full lip's, her eye's sparkle. "Sorry, My name is Alexandra. You can call me Alex." she walk's over to were I am standing causing my chest to involuntarily rise and fall rapidly causing her scent to fill my lung's to the brim, causing a burning sensation. She stretches her arm out to me offering her hand to me to shake it.

I turn her hand so I hold her palm and the back of her hand is facing me, bowing my head I place a gentle kiss on her knuckle's to enkindle a flaming blush on her cheekbone's, sending chill's down my spine and setting a fire were my heart should be beating very (very) fast. Same here missy.

"Raphael, pleasure to meet you formally." A genuine smile replace's my smirk. "Could I be at your assistance?" 

"Wait, why are you a dick to me, but with her-" The Mundane point's at the Angel before me. "- Y-you act all nice a-and delightful?" shaking his head.

"Well, Alexandra here is pleasing to be around." I state in a 'duh' tone. My statement cause's her blush to become a dark crimson, making venom fill my mouth, almost burning my tongue , as I can sense her alluring scented blood rush to her cheek's.

Simon's eye's go wide at my comment and stomp's his way to slouch into the black leather sofa."That's my sister dude." he groan's into the sofa.

His sister?  Why is he annoying and she is... well perfect. 

Turning my gaze back to the Angel I ask, "I apologise for the interruption, What do you need sweetheart?" A cheesy grin on my lip's.

If it was possible to blush even more, she has succeeded. "I-Um- Simon need's your help. We think he is turning into a vampire. Ever since he came back from that night here with Camille, he hasn't been doing good." She rushes. Her lip's were moving but I didn't hear one thing. Taking her lower lip between her teeth. But I get what she need's.

"Well, I can see he is about to go into transitioning. Any moment now he is going to go unconscious." I rip my gaze from Alexandra's two blue orb's to the Mundane. Whoop's he has already begun. Splayed all over the couch.

Alexandra's eye's go wide at the sight of him. I can hear her heart and blood pulsing through out her whole body, making her heart pulse rapidly, she must love him. I will help her even if it kill's me to help this annoying guy.

"Raphael help me, I need to take him to the institute!" she yell's her melodic voice cracking. 

With my vampire speed, I lift Simon into my arm's. "Let's go sweetheart." she nod's.

We make's our way to the institute. Thing's I do for infatuation. Eye roll fest ended.

Alec's POV

I knock on the door of Lydia's room, already regretting my decision. Magnus was right that i should think with my heart but when it come's to family, I need to think with my mind.

A faint 'come in' sound's from behind the door. With that I turn the knob of the door briskly walking in. 

"Alec?" She ask's with confusion tilting her head to the side. "Is everything okay?" 

A silence take's over the room until I answer her.

No. "Yes, I just came to talk to you for a while." I finally say. Lying to her face.

Surprised at my statement she nod's leaning back on to her desk. "What is it you want to talk about Alec?" Lydia gesture's me to continue.

"The law is hard, but it's the law, and I respect that. But I've realized that I have to listen to my heart." This is not my heart's decision, but it is my parent's.

Lydia chuckle's shaking her head, looking down, "Let's not forget where that got me."

"I know." looking down at my fumbling finger's "And I can't bring John back. But, like you said, our families have been strong allies. And we can use that to our advantage. Together, we can restore my family name and we can keep the Institute. And we'd get to run it." I say.

"What are you talkin-" A gasp escape's her mouth.

Taking a deep breath and slowly kneeling down on one knee, her gaze meet's mine. "Lydia Branwell will you marry me, Alec Lightwood?"

Tear's glazing her eye's she nod's a smile forming on her lip's.

Alarm's blare in my ear's, standing up from my one knee, I bound out of Lydia's room with her close behind. 

"What has happened? Has there been a breech?" I ask Jace who is grabbing weapon's from the training room, tossing my Bow and Arrow's my way, which I catch. I am so glad I rune my arrow's before hand.

"There has been a breech on the outside perimeter of the institute. We are going to check now." He finishes avoiding eye contact.

We leave the training room alongside Isabelle and Clary.

The institute door swoosh open as we pace down the step's.

"Lay down your weapon's and show yourself!" Jace yell's.

A large figure dark figure relieve's it self from the smoke and shadow's. Revealing a limp mundane in it's arm's. Glasses askew, Mop of coffee coloured hair-

"Simon!" the red head burst's into a sprint toward's the limp body in- Raphael's arm's?

Why Raphael? I put my arrow back in my pouch, surrendering my weapon.

Something glisten's in the darkness, radiating a a silver light from the moon. The other's had already gone back to the institute leaving me to inform the other's what 'happened'.

I step closer to the glistening light noticing it is long lock's of hair swishing in the light breeze. The person's arm's wrapped around their body as if it was protection or an armour and their back faced toward's me. Her shoulder's shaking slightly.

Who has silver hair?

As I get closer I start to recognize little feature's that are very familiar to me. As if sensing my presence she turn's to face me.

Alexandra?

Her blue orb's meet my hazel one's. Her eye's glisten with tear's, her lower lip trembling, her cheek's flushed from crying with slight dry stain's where the droplet's had fallen and still are falling. 

Sob's erupting from her chest's, she sprint's into my arm's. My arm's automatically wrap around her shaking body, causing us to fall to the ground. Bringing her onto my lap, I let her weep into my shirt making the moisture of her tear's seep through it and on to my skin. I rock her back and fourth.

I struggle to lift my self up with her in my arm's, but I walk toward's the institute with her leg's wrapped around my waist and her arm's around my neck, with her face buried in the crook of my neck.

I know she is upset about Simon, so I don't ask. I feel a pang of jealously in my chest as I realise she came with Raphael. He would treat her better because I am a coward to not even show my feeling's, and it is not my place to say who she goes with, also I shouldn't feel jealous because I am now engaged to be married. I don't think I am even allowed to do this, to lay with her, or even be in her presence, as she is such a distraction and necessity in my life.

Alex's hair cascades perfectly around her shoulder's, yet one lock fall's across her face. It is such a unique shade of silver, almost pearl. I don't know why she would hide it, because it suit's her so beautifully. Also it matches her blue eye's, making them shine brighter. 

I have to resist myself from pressing my lip's to her forehead, like I alway's do. I long for her blush to rise on her cheek's. Her eye's to reveal themselves for me to melt into them. Her smile to silhouette itself on her full plum rosy lip's.

 We lay in my bed like this for hour's until she is in blissful sleep. Her chest raising and falling regularly, her arm's wrapped around my torso and mine enveloped around her body. Her face buried into my chest, and our leg's tangled together. 

For just a moment, I forget about my parent's, the law, the war, conflict's with Jace, my new engagement and all the problem's in the world. 

The only thing on my mind is Alexandra Arrowwood.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.1K 10.5K 71
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙
408K 11.5K 53
what happened when the biggest mafia in the world hid his real identity and married an innocent, sweet girl?
609K 2.3K 63
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
178K 6.9K 66
An Indian brother-sister/family story. The Singhania family is the most prestigious family in the country. Together, they seemed to be invincible...