Devil For A Husband

By Mercy198

Blayze Norman; A cold and ruthless CEO of Norman Enterprises has decided to take Caden Carter as his bride, n... More

Chapter 1: A vague start.
Chapter 2: A frightening request.
Chapter 3: An absurd request.
Chapter 4: A confrontation turned engagement.
Chapter 5: Him.
Chapter 6: Storyline.
Chapter 7: Heart wrenching arrangements
Chapter 8: The dreadful knot.
Chapter 9: That Mr.
Chapter 10: And now his Mrs.
Chapter 11: The fake honeymoon
Chapter 12: The fake honeymoon 2
Chapter 13: Dealing with the devil
Chapter 14: Dealing with the devil 2
Chapter 15: Baby steps
Chapter 16: Try to be virtuous
Chapter 17: Cloudy with a chance with you.
Chapter 18: Don't take a peep.
Chapter 19: That unknown truth.
Chapter 20: She has something to say.
Chapter 21: So, she came up with an idea.
Chapter 22: The glue effect.
Chapter 23: Dashing and sulking.
Chapter 24: A head and a shoulder.
Chapter 25: Two can play that game.
Chapter 26: A jump to the other side.
Chapter 27: A swim within memories.
Chapter 28: Nightmare and a fever.
Chapter 29: What happened to him?
Chapter 30: Care and a piece from the past.
Chapter 31: That memory with two legs.
Chapter 32: The past and present puzzle.
Chapter 33: The first step closer.
Chapter 34: Pillow talks.
Chapter 35: Him, her and I.
Chapter 36: A pack of cards and a deal at hand.
Chapter 37: A lipstick and a pair of sneakers.
Chapter 38: Because fun is not outdated.
Chapter 39: Only the violent taketh it by force.
Chapter 40: Feelings and... could it be...
Chapter 41: Whiskers on... you know who.
Chapter 42: New desires and a certain peach lips.
Chapter 43: The trick of a small black dress.
Chapter 44: Wives and what they do for their husbands.
Chapter 45: A broken heart and a leg.
Chapter 46: Protocol Mr. Sunshine.
Chapter 47: Protocol Mr. Sunshine 2.
Chapter 48: Flowers from a stranger.
Chapter 49: May the best woman win.
Chapter 50: Walls that have been built.
Chapter 51: If only we could read minds.
Chapter 52: Love alert!
Chapter 53: Love alert 2
Chapter 54: More than a fling.
Chapter 55: I love you.
Chapter 57: Sweeter than jelly.
Chapter 58: Merry merry go round.
Chapter 59: The past that haunts.
Chapter 60: A bun in the oven.
NEW BOOK, RED!
Wattpad Block Party!
YOU ASKED, NOW I WANT TO GIVE!
Amazon prime video / PANIC × Wattpad / Bonus Chapter
DFH Special Bonus Chapter

Chapter 56: I love you 2

787K 31.1K 5.7K
By Mercy198

Caden

I watched as the plane finally took off into the sky till it was no longer seen. A tiresome left my lips as I turned away from the view through the transparent glass.

I can't believe I missed him. Mia got all rallied up and pumped into me the idea of rushing up to him at the airport but when I ended up doing that, too late. He had gotten on the plane and it was well on its way out of the tracks.

As I got into my car I felt upset and frustrated. He really left. He's really gone and I let him leave even though we just had a strange misunderstanding.

"It's going to be fine. It's just a week after all." I encouraged myself and strangely, it had a strong effect on me so I started the car and drove away.

Blayze

The door into the hotel room opened and I walked in after the porter who left my luggage right in the middle of the room. I thanked him and he was on his way out, shutting the door after him. I took my seat on the bed and it only took a second for me to look around. The room was spacious and quiet. I was alone and an image of Caden painted across my thoughts.

I remembered having an argument with her, going off to the airport and strangely stalling for a while. My anger had managed to subside and I was clear headed. My sense of reasoning was back but I couldn't turn back the hands of time so, like a fool, I debated on whether to go ahead with this trip. Also, I wished she would show up. At least to say a proper goodbye but even though I stalled till the last minute, she never came.

A sigh left my lips. I shouldn't regret my decision of leaving. I shouldn't miss her even though it was barely thirty minutes and all I desired was to see her face.

Caden

I stared out through the window, watching over the few stars I could see. It was beautiful and yet, there was sadness in my heart. Lowering my eyes, I stared at my phone in my hand.

Do I call him? I never imagined I'd miss him this early. The room felt too spacious and empty without him even though he was barely home when he was around. The fact I know he's not coming home tonight just made me sadder.

I should call him.

Wait... I took a look at the time. It was a little past ten. He wasn't an early sleeper but I also don't know if he was given an earlier time to retire at where he was. I didn't even know exactly what his trip was about. If only Blayze shared a little bit more with me.

I let out a sigh. Maybe I shouldn't call him. Maybe he was still upset about today. I'll give him some space.

Blayze

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours and then days. Time felt unbearable and my thoughts felt all over the place. I missed her so much that I began seeing her everywhere. On the bed, walking out of the bathroom, by the window and even during meetings. I knew it was my imagination but at times, it felt too real and I end up in the moment of watching her smile or chatting away.

I felt the need to give her a call but... I felt embarrassed. What would I say? What would be my excuse? At first, I believed my feelings for her were growing but now, I realise they were stronger than I presumed.

The land phone rang and I reached out to it.

"Mr Norman, this is the reception."

"Yes." I gave the receptionist a go-ahead.

"You have a guest waiting in the lobby, someone from the company."

A light crease formed between my brows.

"Who?"

"Some personnel sent from the company. He prefers not to disclose his name yet till he's sure you're the one he's here to meet."

Although something felt off about the situation but I still made my way downstairs, into the lobby and towards the receptionist desk. The young man behind the counter pointed towards the person and my eyes followed the direction of his hand.

For a moment, I couldn't steady my gaze on who exactly he was pointing at but as my eyes fell on the unexpected figure, my expression went blank. I watched as she expressed a simple smile just as she waved lightly waved. Soon, she was rolling her luggage behind her as she walked up to me.

She smiled a little broader once she stood in front of me. I couldn't utter a word. Is this a dream or one of my recent infatuations? Is... Is she really here?

I watched as she let out a quiet and yet steady sigh just she lowered her eyes. It would seem she was nervous.

"Hi." She started as she looked back up to me amidst a charming smile.

"I know. What a surprise... I'm kind of happy because that's what I was going for." She continued but all I could do was stare. I couldn't find a single word to utter. Her presence set in such a shocking state. I missed her but... I never imagined she would be here. Wait... How do I know my mind isn't just playing another trick with me? My recent imaginations seemed real and they even spoke.

I watched as she rolled her lips in for a second while lowering her eyes.

"You're right. This idea was stupid." Suddenly, she added and turned away to leave. I was quick to take hold of her hand and force her to turn right back to me, engulfing her right away in a tight hug.

This was real. She was real and not just another imagination. She came.

"I missed you." I added in a near whisper as my eyes shut just to take in the moment. Hugging her her tight enough wasn't even going to cut how much my heart had yearned for her.

In a little while, I gradually let go of the hug to take a look at her face. She hadn't said a word after words and though she smiled, I could see the little awkwardness and confusion that trailed on her face.

"I... I'll just get a room." She spoke up a little shaky as she attempted to turn away towards the reception desk.

I was quick to hold onto her hand and took hold of her suitcase. I could say something, explain myself but I really didn't see the need so regardless of the surprise look in her eyes, I dragged her along with me towards the elevator.

Using the key card, I unlocked the door into my suite and we walked in. As I shut the door, I felt her hand slip out of mine just as she went further into the room.

"Wow, even in hotels, people really do live like kings." She added as she went side by side, having as much good look as she desired.

I couldn't help glancing at my hand, the one that had held onto hers. It felt empty and only reminded me of how much I'd missed her. I watched as she strolled into the bathroom to have a good look and back into what would see the living room, where I was. I watched her peep through the large curtains that hid away the large transparent glass behind.

I saw how much she was trying to get good look of the view. I picked up the remote, pressed a button and watched as the curtain parted ways, revealing the beautiful view of the city. Lights shimmering through the night. I heard her gasp at the mere sight of the view and soon after, a wide smile wore prettily on her face.

"It's so beautiful." She stated and I couldn't help agreeing more without taking my eyes off her.

"Yes. Beautiful."

I set the remote back on the table and began my march towards her. Every step, my heart thumped louder within my chest. My mind yelled for me to stop but the loud drums of my heart made its yelling faint and I kept on going. I only stopped an inch behind her.

"I have something to tell you."

She was quick to make a turn and I saw the surprise that wore on her face as her eyes widened at how close we were but I have to do this. Now, I have to accept the truth. I can deal with whatever aftermath might show up.

Though my insides were shaky, I tried my best to put up a stable front as I took hold of her hands in mine and stared into her eyes.

"I love you." I said it and noticed the slow but steady surprise that detailed within her eyes. I had to keep going even though my heart was about to jump out of my chest.

Gradually, I leaned towards her and softly locked my lips with hers, wrapping a hand around her waist as I closed up the gap between us and the other hand, cupping her face.

I'd never felt so alive, at the same time scared, excited, shaky, nervous, almost all emotions at once. I never want to be far from her ever again. I wanted to show her just how much I loved her. I wanted to become one with her.

I caressed her body and reached up to take off her coat, suddenly, she pulled away from the kiss.

"Wait." She exclaimed as she crossed her arms over a chest as a sort of shield. Too surprised, I simply stared at her.

"I... I have to take a shower first. I was on a flight, in a car. I'm a little sticky so... I'll be back in five minutes." Having said that, she broke out of my hold and rushed away faster than I'd expected. Though a little dumbfounded, I looked back and watched as she took hold of her suitcase and quickly made her way into the bathroom. She flashed me a charming smile and then shut the door.

Looking away, I let out a breath I'd been somehow been holding in and my legs almost gave up on me. I didn't know I was this shaky within. Rubbing my chest as if that would calm my racing heart, I made my way to the sofa and took my seat.

For a moment, I shut my eyes.

It's going to be fine. I did the right thing. I did well.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.1K 33
Jason I started kissing her jaw but not kissing her lips, I like to tease her "Jason please... " she moans grabbing my hair. "Patience baby, do you...
285K 7.1K 50
Carter Romano is tired of the mafia life. To get his freedom, his father makes a deal with him to kill their biggest enemy, Rossi. In searching for t...
2.7M 100K 45
Looking straight in my eyes he said "I didn't like the way he was staring at you." I bit my lips "And how was he staring at me?" Leaning towards me h...
4K 162 29
"Please.." she couldn't say anything more. Her sobs didn't let her. Roman looked at her with an evil smile, not showing any sign of mercy. "I am not...