Chapter 6: Storyline.

Caden

My long sleeved navy blue dress and matching gold jewellery gave me temporary confidence as I marched into the intimidating office building. I walked past Blayze's secretary. It's so ironic how his name and personality go hand in hand. Before I even had the opportunity to open my mouth, she had given me the okay to head into his office. She gave a smile I knew that couldn't possibly be genuine after the whole ordeal yesterday.

She looked me up and down. "Make sure you look presentable enough and brace yourself for what you're about to meet." She stated which made me furrow my brows.

About to meet? What does she mean by that?

Just as I was still contemplating about her words, she had turned the door knob and with her hand on my back, she gave me a little push to take steps forward which I then did. Suddenly, I froze. My eyes wide open in surprise.

Camera's fluttering, their lights flashing, most of them affecting my sight for the meantime. This experience was all too familiar. He must have hosted a press conference of some sort. I know I was told but... I guess I still didn't expect him to really host a conference the very next day. I mean, how did he get a lot of reporters to show up here today. It was such a short notice and where on earth is Blayze?

As if reading my mind, a warm arm slipped its way around my waist without warning. On instinct, I try to slither out of my current position. His grip slightly tightened in response to my struggling. He held me closer as a pair of people romantically involved might be. Oh no, this is way too soon for us to announce anything! What if I want to back out?

"Stand here and look pretty; remember what we talked about." He clearly threatened in a whisper. His eyes barely stayed on me as he then shifted them back to the press in front of us.

My heart was pounding like bass drums; it was all I could hear. He then guided me to a spot before the gathered press and we took our seats behind the table.

A lady stood up, a pencil and notebook in hand, "Where did you two meet?"

"In an elevator."

"In a meeting," We responded simultaneously.

Blayze slightly turned his head to me and shot me a look of annoyance.

"We met in an elevator after a meeting." He quickly covered up.

The crowd seemed to buy the lie, many jotting notes down and a few more camera's fluttered. The meeting felt like a chore, and honestly I felt like I couldn't handle too much more of this and so I picked up a bottle water from the table, opened and drank down some.

"Could we get a brief overview of your relationship?"

Blayze cleared his throat, "As I have previously stated, we met in an elevator after an important meeting. Small talk turned into a full blown conversation in the lobby of the building and we exchanged numbers. We started dating in private and grew incredibly closer. I recently proposed and she accepted. We couldn't be any happier." He ended with a simple but fake and brief smile. The first smile I had seen on him. He had taken it down way too quick as I couldn't quite describe it. My eyes had remained on him, a little surprise at how good of a liar he was. God, he must have no conscience to lie just like that to the world.

He shifted his eyes to me. Something about his stare felt like he was giving a warning and so I looked away from him and to the press to showcase my own fake smile as well. I may have been forced into this but I know how to fake a show when needed. His voice had held only confidence and finality, it almost made question whether or not it had ever happened.

"Is that an engagement ring, Miss Carter?"

Not expecting to have to answer a question on my own, I paused. "Um... yes." I squeaked out in a voice I couldn't recognise. Blayze gave me a look that I could tell that meant to tell me to keep talking.

"It's quite lovely. I believe he got a ring that suits me well."

The attention was directed at my wedding finger.

"Ms. Carter, how do you feel to be the lucky woman to be chosen by Mr. Norman?"

Lucky? I wish I could scream; this is binding me to a man who does not care about me at all for the rest of my life. Now I have to spout lies to build up the impenetrable wall that is his ego.

"I honestly don't think words can express the joy that fills me every time we are together." I stopped to smile at him, yet he didn't smile back.

"He is genuinely a caring. Loving, and generous man. I am grateful God has given me a man like him. I am indeed lucky." Blayze's eyes left me as soon after I finished the torturous speech.

"Mr. Norman, when is the date of the wedding?"

"In about a week."

My heart stopped.

A... week!?

"The formal information will be released at a later time. That will be all. Thank you." Blayze ended the conference with a tight smile and grabbed my hand to get me up.

The room exploded in a frenzy of desperate questions but before they could get any closer security blocked the way. He dragged me out of the room briskly. Even after we were out of the line of sight, he took me the entire way to his office disregarding that I was in heels, and walked quicker than average speed.

When we finally got into the room, he pushed me to sit on the couch as he paced in front of me.

"What did I do wrong?"

"Just shut up!" He snapped.

How dare he! I just lied to the entire world because of his demands.

Heated, I stood up. "What's your problem? I dressed up. I played the part. I did exactly what you wanted and you still aren't happy," I defended.

"Be quiet! I'm thinking!" He demanded.

"Stop acting like you have some sort of power over me!"

"That's where you are wrong, Caden. Eventually you will see that. I've set my mind on making you mine so keep that in mind."

"You really think some threats are going to make that happen? See Blayze, that's where you're wrong. I might have agreed to marry you but you don't own me... There can never be something like what you described earlier between the both of us. Never." I growled out.

How was this chapter? Please kindly vote and comment to show your supports...thanks. ♥