A tryst with destiny (Tales o...

By Weissmann96

Ryuugamine Aira has gotten used to life in the Naruto world but pressure builds up since the countdown to the... More

Chapter 1 : The Suna Council
Chapter 2 : Battle plans
Chapter 3 : Aira vs...Itachi!
Chapter 4 : Kazekage rescue mission
Chapter 5 : The requiem of Ryuugamine Aira
Chapter 6 : The first hurdle
Chapter 7 : Misunderstandings...
Chapter 9 : Battling an 'invincible' zombie!
Chapter 10 : Killing the immortals
Chapter 11 : Planning for doom
Chapter 12 : Tripartite struggles
Chapter 13 : A reunion with the Kazekage
Chapter 14 : The ruffled strategist
Chapter 15 : The first crack
Chapter 16 : The Gedo Mazo
Chapter 17 : Kingmaker
Chapter 18 : An unlikely truce
Chapter 19 : Gathering of the forces
Chapter 20 : Pain
Chapter 21 : An unexpected rescue
Chapter 22 : Team Hayate Reunion
Chapter 23 : The thin line of life
Chapter 24 : Zetsu
Chapter 25 : The tip of the iceberg
Super special talk show - with Ryuugamine Aira!
Chapter 26 : White tricks
Chapter 27 : Recovery and Realisation
Chapter 28: The extent of folly
Chapter 29 - A day in Konoha
Chapter 30 : Pain and Preseverance
Chapter 31 : Treaty and Treachery
Chapter 32 : Dual mission
Chapter 33 - A plan with a touch of trouble
Chapter 34 : The last piece of the puzzle
Chapter 35 : The Hozuki graveyard
Chapter 36 : The challengers of destiny
Chapter 37 : Two sides of the same coin
Chapter 38 : Core feelings
Chapter 39 : The root of the problem
Extra
Author note : Sequel

Chapter 8 : The strategist's Hope

3K 181 7
By Weissmann96

Aira P.O.V

I held my head in my hands. I...really am a kid, aren't I? 

I can understand why Itachi was angry with me...I was being extremely insensitive. His irritation was understandable...

But why had I been so childishly stubborn?

It was stupid of me to expect people of this world to care for me. Somewhere down the line, I could feel it...my destiny was not bound to anyone in this world.

Well it is within my expectations...

But then why do I feel so...empty?

"Aira-sama! Try some of my hanami dango!"

The spring season was nowhere in sight but I ate it without questioning it. Saaya was a wonderful cook. I quickly finished my share. I was feeling infinitely better. There really was something to be said about eating sweet things when you are feeling down...

Wait...feeling down?

Aira: Uzumaki-san, who were these dangos really meant for?

Saaya: Sugoi! How did you know?

Aira: Know what?

Saaya: That I really made them for Ita~chan but he went away without having any...but then I saw you look down in the dumps so I thought it was a good thing if I gave some of them to-

I felt like burying myself in a hole. I thanked Saaya and...threw her out of the room. I decided to bury myself in my work. I hope it helps me keep stupid thoughts at bay.

Sigh...if I can subtly apologize to Itachi later.

.

.

.

Aira: Yugito-san, is this all Kumogakure has related to jinchuriki and tailed beasts?

She nodded quietly but looked over her shoulder apprehensively. Right...showing village secrets to others is nothing short of betrayal. I looked over at the documents. They didn't contain in-detail information but...it did contain quite a lot of valuable information. I took down notes as quick as I could and then gave her the original scrolls back.

Yugito: Aira, are you sure you don't want to meet Killer B? He finds it hard to believe that you are gone but...he is slightly upset about it nonetheless. 

Aira: I see...but personally I'm the one who misses you guys. My stay at Kumogakure was lovely. Don't worry, I'll see him and A-sama around soon.

Yugito: I see. Then let's just...DUCK!

She suddenly pushed me away. I held my head and winced slightly. Looks like I hit something...but why was Yugito Nii panicking unless...

NO way!

.

.

.

I hid myself above the ruins and peeked down. I held the sealing tag in my hand. This was the riskiest way of testing whether this tag can hide the tailed beast's chakra but...if it really does work then I'll be insanely happy!

Hidan and Kakuzu had caught up to Yugito. She was panting slightly but she had a confident smirk on her face. She had no intentions of going down without a fight. I remembered the fact that I warned her of their arrival.

Could Yugito do something to avoid her future...on her own? 

Kakuzu: Let's get this over with.

Hidan: I've gotta to make sure I pray first.

Kakuzu: You drive me nuts with this crap.

Hidan: It annoys me too but the commandments are very clear about it.

I saw my shaking hands and chuckled silently. It was like in the past...as much as I plan, putting it to action is another thing altogether! Calm down Aira...you don't get anything by freaking out...

Yugito: You think you have me cornered but you are dead wrong...I lured you here!

She made the requisite hand seal and a huge 'BOOM' was heard. In a moment all the exists of the cave had been blasted off using an explosive tag.

Yugito: Since I know you are from the Akatsuki, I cannot let you escape.

Hidan: Sigh...were trapped Kakuzu.

Kakuzu: It doesn't matter...in fact it is better this way.

Yugito: I swear by my name of Yugito Nii of Kumogakure and Ryuugamine Aira's comrade...I will kill you! Then her task should get incredibly easier.

Wait...what?

Hidan: Say what? Like I care who that bitch is. You'll kill me for her? It really pisses me off when people scream battle cries like that! When I get pissed off, blood rushes to my head and...when the blood rushed to my head...

Kakuzu: Shut up, Hidan.

I get where that comes from. Hidan talks a LOT. But it's surprising how he hasn't been swearing...yet. I chuckled slightly when I thought about it. Better calm down and coolly stack the odds in my favor.

Hidan: Sorry, sorry...but when the blood rushes to my head, I stop caring about our objectives and start wanting to f***ing obliterate everything! This mission goes against my faith. Slaughter is the core of Jashin faith. Leaving people half dead is a sin. I can't get motivated for missions that goes against the commandments!

In a flash, Yugito turned fully into Matatabi and began to battle Hidan. If I recollect rightly, in the anime, the entire battle was never shown. It just shows Yugito being tortured by Hidan. This is bad...I can't expect her to change her destiny on her own.

Isobu, can you...connect me to Yugito and Matatabi now?

'Sure! Since they are not going through the extraction process like Shukaku did, it won't even be painful for me!'

I see...well it must have been painful for Isobu when we tried to save Gaara and Shukaku. I mentally thanked Isobu and let him do his work. Soon enough, I could hear Yugito and Matatabi's voices in my head.

 It succeeded! Tailed beasts truly are linked to each other mentally!

Aira: Yugito-san, can you hear me?

Yugito: A-Aira...how can you talk inside my head?

Aira: Through the tailed beasts. For now, let's focus on the fight in front of us-

Yugito: I can handle them! 

Aira: No. Please listen to me. All I see in your future is...death. So please listen to me. I am a strategist and right now...we are facing a zombie duo. Killing them is near impossible so...let us focus on getting out of here alive, shall we?

The long forgotten 'oh-so-familiar' pain blinded me to reality for a moment. Ah...as ever, I still bleed everytime I try to reveal the future to anyone...

Yugito: If this advice is something coming from the strategist from the heavens, I really can't ignore it, eh?

Aira: Thanks!

Hidan: What are you doing woman?

Yugito: I'm doing nothing except-

Aira: Futon: Kyōfū no arashi(Wind style : Gale storm)!

I did the most unthinkable thing! Chakra powering my legs, I rode on the wind and pushed Kakuzu into the next room. Hidan saw me for a split second before I blasted off to another room...with Kakuzu with me.

Hidan: W-What the hell?

Yugito: A-Aira?

Aira: D-Don't worry. I'll murder this guy even if it means killing him five times! Promise me that You'll stay alive till I come back after killing Kakuzu!

Yugito: All right. I'll do so. But promise me Aira...that you'll come back alive too.

Aira: Sure. I promise.    

I looked carefully at the tall, dark skinned man dressed in traditional Akatsuki outfit. This might the turning point of my life...

I could feel it...

For once instead of a canon character defeating the villain, I, an outsider was going to attempt to do so...

Dear Amaterasu-no-o-mi-kami,

'Let me be the light in the dark,

the calm in the storm and...

the peace while at war.'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.5K 2.4K 47
Akira was born into war. The Third Great Ninja War raged for many years, and death followed it every day. Friends died, leaders were struck down, and...
23.9K 815 22
The Fourth Shinobi War is getting worst and the world is completely destroyed. Naruto is the only one left after seal Kaguya again and defeated Madar...
295K 14K 48
" As long as there are those who believe peace is possible, there still is hope. - Jiraiya(Tales of a gutsy ninja) * * * * * Ryuugamine Aira was sen...
339K 15.9K 30
Love has no bounds; it is forever eternal. Their first encounter was at the academy in the walls of Konoha. Emiko had never met someone who was myst...