Her Rabbit (Fruits Basket)

Per AnimeOtaku01

Hinata is taken in by Kyoko and Tohru when they found her abandoned. Hinata, only being a year behind Tohru... Més

Hinata Honda
Change
Shigure The Pervert
Rich Man
Kagura
Dying Sunflower
Blonde Hair and Contagious Smile
Visit
Bunny Boy?
Expedition
Yaaaaay!
Make a Wish and Seal it With a Kiss
Sick Birthdays
Weird Days
Bunny Love
Hot Spring
Yay High School.
Memories
Texts
Holy Bunnies!
Kisa
As Long As I'm Here
You Failed
Skip Because Author-chan Isn't Very Interesting and You Don't Want To Read
PLEASE READ!
Horrible
Early Morning Madness
Typical Author Moment
Revelation and Promise
Hiro and Kisa
Dinner Picture
Changes Aren't Always Nice
Pain
I'm Here
Almost
Beach Part 1
Beach Part 2:The Arrival of Akito
Beach Part 3:Tears and Wounds
Cold
Meet Again
Sequel

The Beginning of the End

4.5K 147 93
Per AnimeOtaku01

You brighten up my nights,
Just like the stars.
You're my rainbow after the rain.
The blood in my veins.
The medicine that takes away the pain.
-Brown Boy

I held back my laughter, seeing Momiji trying to gain my attention but falling into the pond instead.

Hatori looked unimpressed at him before snorting and going somewhere, muttering about getting a towel.

It was a month in on my internship with Hatori and I can safely say I loved my job.

Since Akito was taking all of his attention, most of his appointments he had slowly left to me, albeit he made sure I knew what I was doing before leaving me the jobs.

I couldn't see Momiji as much and when I told him so, he looked at me horrified before saying that he would "just visit at work!"

When Hatori told him to stay away after 23rd time he came in for 3 days, he began to tap at windows, stand outside the door, and wave frantically.

Honestly, it cracked me up.

Hatori's face when he got hit by a pebble when he opened a window to stop Momiji would forever be etched in my mind.

Momiji climbed out of the pond sheepishly.

I pulled on my outdoor shoes before walking out, before bursting out laughing.

"W-What?" He stuttered, still embarrassed.

"Y-You...you h-have...a k-koi on your head." I laughed and pulled the koi down and releasing it into the water.

The blonde looked ready to die.

"So what did you want?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Oh yeah! That movie just came out!" He said excitedly.

"No." I gaped.

"I know!!"

"But that wasn't due for another year!"

"I know!!"

"We have to go."

"I know!!"

We high fived and began to talk, not noticing Hatori had thrown a towel at Momiji's face from the window.

"I got us tickets tomorrow for a 3:00 show!"

I stopped and frowned.

"Are you sure you want to go with me? I'd understand if you wanted to go with Tohru." I prodded.

"I'm going to watch the awesome at movie with my awesome friend and we are going to have the awesome time!" He announced.

I laughed and agreed.

"I only have to work until 2 tomorrow."

"I'll meet you at theater at 2:45?"

"Yeah. Did Megumi want to come?" I questioned.

"Yep. He is going to meet us there at 3:10 because he hates the previews."

"What?"

"I know! The previews are the best parts!" Momiji agreed.

"Who doesn't want to see a commercial for a God of Snakes battling against the God of Sharks in Hollywood America." I teased.

Momiji sent me a dirty look. "Snarks is going to be the greatest movie of all time." He sniffed indignantly.

"Oh yes because sharks and snakes fighting as the gods go against their love will be the greatest movie of all time." I laughed.

"Exactly!" He bounced excitedly.

"I don't get why you love those romance movies so much but I don't have time to figure it out. I gotta get back to work. For heavens sake, don't drive Hatori insane by visiting every 5 minutes. Also get into some dry clothes. You aren't a fish." I pushed him away.

Momiji pouted,"Romance movies are romantic! -"You don't say"- And I can't help it. I like being with you. And I know I'm not a fish!" He flushed.

"Why don't you gill out." I chuckled at my own pun.

"Only if you stop clowning around." He said back.

"Not bad but you cod do better."

"These fish puns are kraken me up."

"If you can think of a better fish pun, let minnow."

"...touché." He relented.
🌻🍙🌻🍙🌻🍙🌻🍙🌻🍙🌻🍙

To: Heart Girl 🌻
I'm finishing my violin practice!!
🎻✌Come over so we can walk together!!!!! Hurry! Bye bye~!

From: Bunny Boy 🐰

I smiled and closed my phone. He was such a dork.

"I'm heading out now Tohru!"

"Wait. Hinata, before you go can I ask you something?" Tohru called quietly.

I stopped and frowned in concern, Tohru never asked for anything.

"If course. What's wrong Tohru?" I asked.

"I...I like Kyo."

I blinked in shock. That wasn't what I was expecting.

"Wow...um are...are you sure Tohru?"

She nodded with a blush.

"I like being around him, learning about him, talking, smiling, cooking, cleaning, I love everything I do with him. D-Do you think he f-feels the same?" She asked hesitantly.

"Yeah, I'm sure he does Tohru." So do a number of other guys. "I mean it's you. Who wouldn't like you?" I smile back at her.

She lifted her head hesitantly "Really?"

"Yeah."

I smiled but the whole time I could only think of how Momiji would feel. I wouldn't tell him until Tohru told Kyo, if only to give him a few more days of hope and happiness. Who knows? Maybe he still could change Tohru's mind.
🌻🐰💛🌻🐰💛🌻🐰💛🌻🐰💛

I came to a stop when I spotted a blonde little girl watching Momiji from a window.

As I came closer, I noticed she looked just like a female, younger Momiji.

She had short, blonde hair that was slightly wavy at the end held by a headband, her eyes had a large, doe brown quality that sparkled with awe and longing, her dress had a graham design at the sleeves before ending in white.

"Hello?" I asked softly.

The little girl slowly turned to me. Her hair gently lifting in the wind.

"Ah, were you drawn by his music? He does like to show off a bit." I smiled at the young girl.

"You know him? Are you his good friend? Do you come to see him?" I blinked as she asked the questions slowly but as if they meant the world to her.

"Um yes, we are good friends, we see each other quite often. Why do you ask?"

"I saw him once. At Daddy's building. I thought he looked just like Mommy. So I told her that. She looked very surprised and told me they looked nothing alike. Daddy told me I shouldn't look at him anymore. But I found his home when I was playing. That day too, he was playing the violin. Sometimes, I watch in secret. I come to see." She said softly, watching him gently coax music out of the instrument.

Suddenly words rang in my mind.

"I have an adorable sister!"

"D-Do you ever talk to him?" I choked out, my heart was breaking for the two.

Momiji who was forced to remember everything, how his mother hated him, how his father avoided him, and how he never truly got a chance to meet his younger sister.

This little girl, who had no idea this boy was supposed to be her amazing big brother.

"I want too, but I can't. Daddy said so." She said sadly.

"But." She looked up, clutching my hand shirt in her hand. "You are his friend right? Can you tell him something?"

I nodded biting back a sad smile.

"Tell Momiji, ask him if he could be Momo's big brother?"

All the air left my lungs.

"After all he looks just like Mommy. Mommy said they don't look alike but they really do. I...want a big brother. Talking and playing together. I started to learn how to play violin so...we could play together. It'd be so much fun. We'd be able to meet everyday. So tell him." She whispered.

"Tell him please."

"Please be Momo's big brother."

"Hinata? What are you doing outside? You know you can ju- Hinata, why are you crying?" He blinked and rushed down his stairs.

I wiped away the runaway tears as he reached me.

"Does your chest hurt? Your heart? Can you breathe? Did someone say something? Did something bad happen?" He questioned in a panic.

I shook my head and pointed to his violin.

"Oh that? I quit." He said absentmindedly, still trying to figure out what's wrong.

"No you can't." I shook my head, finally reigning in my tears.

"Eh? I don't really have a choice. My little sister, Momo, wanted to learn piano so Dad told me to stop playing since my teacher was famous and he wanted Momo to to learn under him. The truth is, Dad's scared of me getting close to Momo. He scared of losing what little happiness he has. He doesn't want things to be hurt again." He smiled sadly.

"Momo, she wants to meet you."

Momiji froze and looked at me with his wife brown eyes.

"She wants you to be her big brother. She's been here, watching you for a while now." I choked out.

"She wants to talk together  and play together. She wants you to be her big brother." I closed my eyes and tried to force back tears.

"It...it really was true." I looked up to see Momiji's face crumpling, tears rolling down his flushed cheeks.

"Dad said Momo was curious about me. I see, she was watching." His face split into a hopeful, ecstatic smile that went straight through my heart.

"I'm so happy." He beamed, tears spilling down his cheeks. An expression of pure joy on his face.

"My dream...my dream is to one day become a professional violinist and to see my family and you cheering me on from the crowds. So thank you Momo, you've given me hope that...it's not just a fantasy." He threw his arms around me and I caught his rabbit self and nuzzled into his golden fur.

"I'm so happy right now, to have someone to cry for me."
🌻🚫🌻🚫🌻🚫🌻🚫🌻🚫🌻🚫

After Momiji had stopped crying, he told me to go on, that he just needed a minute and by the time we got there, all the good seats would be gone.

I had looked at him in disbelief that he still wanted to go but he shook his head and smiled that heartwarming smile and said,

"This isn't sad. This is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. I want to celebrate that with the result of another amazing thing, that helped make this happen."

Darn that smooth talker.

I still didn't want leave but he threatened to change back without covering anything in all his naked glory and chase me around.

Of course I ran.

I walked down the sidewalk next to the forest leading to Shigure's house.

For a moment I felt on edge, I fingered my small black packet of medicine, the cool needle reminding me why I was still alive.

Whenever my emotions were on high I was more prone to an attack. That must be why I was so on edge.

I smiled, noticing the rain droplets beginning to drop onto the sidewalk.

Rain really was beautiful.

You could see right through rain. It was simple, pure, and refreshing. Whereas tears radiated sorrow, rain radiated hope for a new tomorrow.

"Rain is quite enchanting don't you think?" Was the only thing I heard before a harsh shove pushed me into the woods.

I gasped in shock as branches scratched through my skin and the ground cut through my knees and elbows.

I hit the back of a tree with a loud crack that resounded as my head began to throb and my breath quickened, my heart thudding away.

I blinked through the now increasing rainfall to see a livid Akito.

"I warned you. I warned you. I fucking warned you!" He said harshly.

I glared at him and struggled to stand up only for him to kick me down.

I coughed and wiped away the blood on my hand.

"They are mine." He hissed, eyes void of an sanity. "You can't have them! I am their God! I control them. They can't leave me!" Harsh kicks and slaps were beginning to dull. I reached desperately for my medicine.

He saw and ripped it away, throwing it onto the ground before smashing it. The needles were shattered on impact and the liquid drained away with the rain.

I choked, coughing harshly, blood dripping down the side my mouth. I blinked hazily as black dots began to flood my vision.

I vaguely heard Momiji call for me as my head swam.

My heart thudded weakly.

Despite it hopeless, I still tried to reach for my medication, before I could Akito stepped on my wrist and a resounding crack was heard.

I couldn't feel it.

I couldn't feel anything anymore.

A liquid was running down my head, I weakly reached back and came with red fingers.

I heard the leaves rustle and Akito smiled, insanity on his face as he left.

The rain poured down, battering me yet still managing to look so beautiful.

It wiped away the blood and dirt, but it didn't give me any hope.

Today was probably the last, but I had no regrets.

I was happy.

I was so happy.

Tohru would have Kyo.

Momiji would have Momo.

I didn't have any more reason to stay.

The bushes were pushed aside, I saw with one eye open. It hurt to keep both.

By now my heart was barely beating.

I couldn't breathe.

I wasn't scared though. Everything would be okay.

I blinked slowly and smiled.

A boy with blonde hair and a contagious smile, even if he wasn't smiling, was staring at me in a panic.

His wide, tear flooded eyes were looking around desperately. His blonde hair was soaked to his forehead. He was saying something I couldn't hear, pushing back my hair that was soaked in water and red. He looked horrified at the red color.

I reached up, trying to see if he was a hallucination and felt happiness when I touched his soft blonde locks.

The tears ran down his face as he screamed something.

I barely noticed a green haired boy, looking so upset on the phone. I never seen Megumi upset before.

I pushed back his hair and wiped his tears away, accidentally wiping a little blood on his cheek.

He touched it and tears ran down his cheeks.

This time they weren't tears of joy.

They were of fear.

I smiled gently, "sorry." I whispered hoarsely as my heart stuttered before finally falling silent as black consumed everything.

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

16K 344 15
A year after Toru and Kyo leave, Momiji is left sad and feeling more lonely than ever. Free yet alone. The girl he wanted is gone and he still hasn't...
12K 179 17
(Fruits Basket Fanfiction)After Tohru tries to convince Akito to break the curse. She falls off a cliff and also loses all of her memories. This incl...
9K 81 4
This story is meant for a mature audience, if you are younger than the age of 16 please read something else. • Characters belong to Natsuki Takaya •...
72.3K 2.2K 61
Hatori paused for a second finding his choice of words. "I understand you and Akito are still at odds..... don't reel Audrina into it again." He didn...