Beach Part 2:The Arrival of Akito

One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter. - James Earl Jones

Tohru-nee! Hinata-nee!" Kisa cried happily.

"Kisa-san!" Tohru cried back and they embraced.

"Seriously? We just arrived and they are already doing this." Hiro grumbled irritably.

"Oh stop being so irritable you grumpy lamb." I rolled my eyes and patted his head.

He scowled and planted his hands firmly to hide his hair.

"Whatever! I'm going to my room!" He stomped up the stairs petulantly.

I chuckled and hugged Kisa. "He's irritable as usual."

"Sorry." She murmured quietly.

"Don't worry about it little tiger. He's kinda like Kyo, very fun to rile up."

"Hey!" Kyo yelled angrily.

"See?"

Kisa giggled and nodded enthusiastically.

"Let's go catch some bugs!" Momiji announced with a smile.

I felt my insides clench when I saw how forced it was. No one else probably noticed but Momiji had been avoiding me since the day before yesterday.

He hasn't talked, clung, or even bugged me since then.

I could feel his glances but if I looked back he would immediately avert his eyes.

It was painful.

I didn't know what I did, but I'd gladly apologize if I knew what it was.

We walked through the forest, oddly devoid of chatter beside Tohru and Kisa along with some commentary from Hiro.

Kisa lagged behind a little bit until Hiro and I were forced to stop in worry.

"Are you okay? It is a bit hot today. Here have some water." I offered the red faced girl.

"No...Hinata-nee did you and Momiji-nii have a fight?" She asked quietly.

I glanced around and noticed Momiji and Tohru had wandered further up the path.

I pursed my lips,"Hiro, why don't you go give Momiji some water. I promise I'll bring Kisa back to you in a minute."

He sighed but nodded anyway. "Fine but just because I don't want to listen to a girly heart-to-heart." He wandered off, clutching something in his hands along with the water.

"D-Did you have a really bad fight?" Kisa asked worriedly.

"Kisa sometimes...even the greatest friends disagree sometimes. Momiji and I are just not seeing eye to eye right now." I said quietly.

"But you never fight." Kisa protested scrubbing her eyes.

"Eventually everyone fights Kisa." I smiled. "It's how we show we care about each other. Like when you and Hiro fight, in the end you fought because you cared about what the other was doing."

"Then what are you fighting about?"

"I wish I knew." I sighed heavily.

"Why don't you ask him?" She asked innocently.

"I would if he was speaking to me." I murmured quietly.

"You'll make up soon...right?" Kisa asked uncertainly.

"Yeah, of course, Kisa what's wrong? Did someone tell you something?" I asked, suddenly worried.

"I-I heard a girl talking that her mom and dad were getting into fights and not speaking to each other and that they were going to leave each other and the girl could only see one of them for most of the year."