Yours Truly

Galing kay aksthetic

"Marriage? It was more like a contract. A contract where you sign an alliance treaty more than being bound to... Higit pa

Chapter 1 part i
Chapter 1 part ii
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6 part i
Chapter 6 part ii
Chapter 7 part i
Chapter 7 part ii
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 part i
Chapter 10 part ii
Chapter 11 part i
Chapter 11 part ii
Chapter 12 part i
Chapter 12 part ii
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16 part i
Chapter 16 part ii
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Epilogue
New story!
Where did Rosa go?
Did you like yours truly?

Chapter 19

2.8K 102 3
Galing kay aksthetic

The succeeding weeks were quite tense, not for the royals and the army, but for the whole kingdom. Everyone feared the upcoming war and the results. People organised special prayers for the war, hoping that they would gain victory. They all knew that their defeat meant that the whole realm would be under the rule of a ruthless tyrant.

No one wanted that to happen.

Every commoner young and old. Men and women helped the army in every possible way. The rice and wheat harvested majorly kept for the army, while they themselves fed on common pulses and fish. They were ready to sacrifice anything for the Royal family

They all loved the King and the prince.

But they all loved Jenavive the most.

The army trained twice as hard as before. More than twelve hours of their day was spent practising their skills and tactics. The best breed of horses was sent by their allies. All of them black with white hooves and a white patch on their face.

Jenavive had sent letters to her father regarding the aid for the war. Dante hired the best blacksmiths to fashion out the strongest weapons. Even advanced catapults and canons were sent to Jevanna.

Matthew did not speak to Jenavive at all for the next three weeks. The was still upset by her decision to take part in the war. He wanted to protect her, like an alpha who was possessive over his Luna.

But he forgot that his mate was a rogue wolf.

Jenavive on the other hand pretended that she didn't care whether he was mad at her or not.

She cared, she cared a lot.

The princess would often send Joseph to check what he was doing. Sometimes, she herself would sneak in the middle of the night to see him training.

He would take off his shirt and practise wrestling or sometimes lancing.

Everday, it became hard for her to tear away her gaze from his Zeus-like body ― glistening with sweat.

While Matthew would sneak in his room just to check if she was sleeping peacefully and would give her a kiss or two before leaving out for training again.

The adults in their mind were arrogant but the child in their hearts reminded how much they had begun to love each other.

xxxxxx

Finally the day of the war had arrived. The army of Jevanna had reached Revagal before dawn, taking their positions the same was as they were told. All preparations were done before the arrival of the army of Loringard.

Men of both sides looked fearless, dauntless, equally muscular and bulky, glaring at each other as if ready to rip whoever they encounter.

Except for Jenavive, of course.

She stood in the middle of the army, carefully holding the lance in her hand. Matthew glanced at her for a second.

She looked like a lioness among men.

Suddenly he felt a sick feeling in his stomach.

What if he never met her again? What if this was the last time he gets to have a glimpse of her. What if this was the end of their story?

His myriad thoughts quickly dispersed when the callous sound of the trumpet pierced his ears, indicating the start of the war.

The next few minutes, everything went as a flash.

Loud cries, clashing and clanking of swords, swishing of arrows, the booming nose of canons and the loud thud of horse hooves created a dreadful symphony of the war.

Blood splattered everywhere, soon dead bodies began to fall, being crushed by horses and other men. It was hard to distinguish which army was gaining victory. Each of them was filled equal aggression and impulse to kill.

Hours passed and suddenly the army of Loringard began to dominate the war. Their old guerrilla tactic was proving to be successful. This agitated the leaders of Jevanna.

Jenavive realised that their forces were weakening. She fought past many men, beheading them skilfully with her sharp lance. Even the most strongest men stood no chance against her skills.

'Even the most strongest creature on the earth can be defeated with a strong mind.' Ronald's voice kept echoing in his head.

No one found out she was a woman. Her armour and helmet had her body covered.

Until someone hit her from behind which caused her helmet to fall off.

"Ah, Jena... We meet again~"

Her eyes widened in fear.

Meanwhile, Matthew dodged past men and took the horn, blowing it and signalling the archers to begin their shooting. He blew it another time and the passive army entered the battleground, overwhelming the opponents who were now decreasing in number. The skilled archers began firing a series of arrows. These poison-tipped arrows were aimed right on the opponent soldiers head and heart, leading to their instant death. Now the army of Jevanna was in advantage.

"So.. This little kitten wants herself killed." He laughed like a maniac he had become.

Jenavive knew it wasn't the time to cower away. She had to face her past and get rid of it for good. She raised her bloodied lance and tried to strike it on his head, but he was too fast, dodging her her move.

She remembered that he was once Ronald's student too.

"Seems like that old man has taught you some good things too." Felix grinned.

He was psychologically playing with her.

Why?

Because he hated her, he hated her guts. He hated her when she excelled in everything he tried to do.

Love? He never loved her in the first place, he was betrothed to her when they were only ten.

It was all forced.

She once again tried to hit him once again but he held his sword in front of her blocking her attack. Jenavive growled in frustration. 

Felix felt a sudden surge of anger. He yelled loudly and drove his sword in Jenavive's stomach, taking her by surprise. She screamed in agony.

"Jena, how many times do I have to remind you to keep concern with your own business?" He took out the sword from her stomach before kicking her on the ground. She winced in pain. A dark patch forming on her open wound. She coughed up blood while her vision turned hazy.

Felix chuckled darkly. "You should stay at home knitting and sewing ― but it's too late now because you are dying!" He laughed hysterically.

"You―"

He was about to say something before he was silenced.

His eyes widened as he saw blood trickling down his throat and Jenavive standing in front of him with her bloodied lance.

He fell on his knees.

"... If only I never met you... If only I never had loved you...." Jenavive whispered.

"I loved you when you started pushing me away... I loved you when you began ignoring me... Hating me..."

"Why...." Felix choked out, tears forming in his eyes. Her words made him feel an emotion he had never felt in ages ― Regret. He heaved a sigh before falling on the ground.

"..... Because I loved you more than I loved myself back then." Jenavive breathed out before falling on the ground next to him.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered before taking his last breath.

A sad smile graced her features before her vision blacked out.

It was dusk by then. Many important men of Loringard had been killed. The army began to retreat. This had angered the King of Loringard who entered the battlefield.

"Donovan! Where are you? I openly challenge you right now!" He growled. Everyone ceased and looked at the King.

"Where are you, huh? Don't tell me all these years all you have learnt is to hide!" He roared a laugh of mockery.

"Pardon me, Michael. Unlike you, I don't capture others property while they are asleep." Donovan entered the battlefield on his horse before stepping down.

He had the aura of a real king which made others look down in submission.

While Matthew looked around for Jenavive.

She was no where to be found.

He became more desperate and frantic. His heart began to race as he totally lost all his concentration on the fight between the two kings.

He ran.

"Vive!"

"Where are you? Vive!"

It seemed like a Deja vu to him.

He looked around in the sea of dead bodies strewn across the floor. Wandering aimless like a person lost in the desert, seeking for a life source.

Jenavive had become his life source.

The Kings clashed fiercely like two lions battling for dominance. Despite their ages, their attacks were so forceful that with every time their swords struck, sparks were made. Each of them wounding the other with their experienced methods.

Suddenly, Donovan's sword slipped out of his hand. The King of Loringard took that as an advantage and pushed him on the ground, holding his sword to Donovan's neck.

"This might be a little cliched, but ― any last words?"

Donovan glanced to his side to see his sword kept within his reach. He smiled.

"Die."

Michael's eyes furrowed in confusion. In a flash, Donovan took his sword and drove it though his heart.

The King of Loringard howled in pain before falling on the ground ― headfirst, which caused the sword in his chest to go deeper and come out of the other side.

He writhed for a moment before stilling. The army of Jevanna cheered loudly, they had won the war.

Except for Matthew who knelt beside Jenavive.

"Vive, please wake up. Please don't leave me alone," Tears streamed down his face as he shook her gently as if she was in a deep sleep. "Vive, don't go! You can't just leave me alone like this!" He cried, kissing her cold forehead. "... I love you, Vive... Please wake up.."

Donovan and Bassanio rushed to the prince who was weeping besides his wife while the rest of their men held the remaining army of Loringard as captives.

"Father! Look at her! She won't respond! She didn't listen to me, look what she did to herself!"

Donovan sighed and knelt besides his son who was now at in a complete turmoil.

Instinctively, Bassanio checked her pulse.

"Sire, she still lives!"

Matthew's eyes lightened up with hope as he quickly picked her up in bridal style. "Bassanio! Go get the doctor to the camp now!" He ordered before getting up and taking her to the camp.

"... I love you too, Mr. Reynard."

Whether it was Matthew's imagination or she actually whispered the words remained a secret, but he had clearly heard them.

He smiled and kissed forehead once again.

The war had ended. They won back their captured lands and the disputed territory of Florisa. Even Loringard had now come under the rule of the Reynards.

Sooo finally the book comes to an end only the epilogue is left. I hope this chapter was feelsy enough. Now only the epilogue is left. For those who supported me especially ParfaitTerrorist 01_Sharu cyumss thank you so much for motivating me! ❤️ and a shoutout to the silent readers out there
my story has 550 reads.

Love you all.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

35 0 1
Princess. All my life, I have been waiting to become Queen, to finally be entitled to the throne. Having sleepless nights, studying hard, practicing...
164K 8.9K 38
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
19.3K 1K 56
Two men. One heart. Who will she choose? 🗡️ *** When bounty hunters come knocking on her door in a rural Scottish town, Ophelia pretends to be the...
2.3M 82.1K 38
DEDICATION- To all the girls who dream of being royal , your dream will partially get filled with this book. " If you love me accept the promise my c...