Doubt | Simon Dominic

By alittlebitbias

"Scared of my own image, scared of my own immaturity;" More

하나
다섯
여섯
일곱
여덟
아홉
열하나
열둘
열셋
열넷
열다섯

3.5K 82 21
By alittlebitbias

Chapter Four

The streets of Seoul seemed never ending, crazy, exciting and new- but were just as normal to anyone who lived there. People seemed to spend time shopping, eating out, making their way to work or just wandering around aimlessly hoping for something to pop out. It was noticeable just how much people were indulged in themselves rather than focusing on what was around them. Small accidents occurred from shoulder nudging to calling someone out. It was all similar to the busiest streets of Cali, but the vibes were different, the kindness was missing. Not many people liked to take time out of their day to say a simple 'sorry' or strike up a conversation.

I wandered around myself not having a purpose and just wanting to see what was around my apartment. It had over a good ten years since I was last here, and so much seemed different. I thought there could be a chance I'd recognize something, but I was wrong there.

With a quickly dying phone battery and a get together with Simon closing in, I knew I was screwed. Having absolutely no idea where I was there weren't too many options for me than to probably just call him.

The phones ringing seemed to drag on before a familiar voice rang through.

"Hey what's up?"

"Hi so you know how we're meeting in thirty minutes?"

"Mhmm."

"Well you see... I kinda don't know where I am." I chuckled awkwardly attempting to make light of the situation.

The line was silent for a few seconds before I could hear a heavy sigh, "alright tell me your surroundings and stay put."

"Thank you and I'm sorry..."

"You're fine."

I sat on the park bench watching the wind blow around trees' leaves, swaying the grass. The air was cool causing me to shiver regretting leaving without a jacket. Not knowing where I was, was absolutely terrifying. I knew no one and it felt like all eyes were on me, the poor lost girl all alone.

Making the transition from almost always speaking and reading English to everything being in Korean was also difficult at times. Of course I was fluent and always spoke in it to my parents and brothers, it just never ceased to surprise me when everyone around me didn't speak English. I knew I'd be perfectly fine it would just take some time to adjust.

"Glad you're not dead." with his thick Busan accent Kiseok chuckled walking up to me.

"Oh me too!" I was more than happy to see him as I hopped up, "can we go now?"

"Yep... and maybe we should've showed you around a little bit before."

"Yeah maybe."

"So did Jay tell you today's the day he's officially releasing that you've joined aomg?"

I smiled getting excited, "he mentioned he would sometime this week."

"Sheesh he's doing a damn good job of keeping you in the loop I see." as I sat in the passenger seat of his car, I watched him curiously from the corner of my eyes. He was so intently focused on the road, the slight from on his face... Kiseok's profile was perfect, he was definitely handsome.

"So um what do you have in mind for our collaboration? I've been thinking about it." I broke the silence shared between us.

He cleared his throat, "I have a few ideas but I'm not too sure. I'd like to have your opinions and thoughts in it mainly."

"Okay."

"I'm thinking to have you feature on a track of mine so we're slowly leading you in... I'm just trying to think the best way to introduce you to the media."

"I'm fine with whatever- but don't a lot of people know there's a new aomg member?"

"Yep. They just don't know who."

The nerves always came back and hit me whenever the topic came up of me 'debuting'. I came from a practical nobody trying to make it from Cali to now being a member of one of the best hiphop labels in Korea.

***

Sanghee's laugh filled the enclosed space of my recording room as we sat side by side, "what do you preferred to be called?"

"Umm... I'm honestly fine with anything from Sanghee, Sangi, Sami... it's always all over the place with my friends." she replied casually just shrugging.

"I know some people prefer their stage names so I wasn't sure."

"Do you prefer Simon or Kiseok?" her lips pursed cutely, her eyes staring into me with a small glint. She was pretty...

"Kiseok is fine except maybe on broadcasts or more public events."

Already I found myself enjoying being in Sanghee's company. She was easy to talk to and even though there was an age difference she seemed much older. Surprisingly the silences between us weren't bad, but still I had no idea what topics to approach her with, what to ask. Really I knew nothing about her. What was her family like? Group of friends? How much had she left behind come to Korea?

Her style reminded me a lot of Jay's, which was probably why he was obsessed over signing her, but yet it was very unique to who she was. Sanghee had a gorgeous voice and her rap was tightly packed but very strong. She was more than good.

"This may be more Jay's style, but I've had an idea for a song and I think your vocals would go well." I spoke out, "it'll just be a featuring but that's fine I'm sure."

"I have no complaints.. Could I listen though?"

"Of course. I only have the beat done." Placing the headphones over her ears I pressed play on the music. I watched her head bob back and forth, her mouth twitching upwards slightly. She was enjoying it.

After about four minutes she took the headphones off, "I liked it, a lot."

"It looked like you did." At times I would get nervous about sharing my beats with people I didn't know well, thinking they may not like it. Most artists went through it at one point and I know I write and produce good songs...

"Yeah... what's it called?"

"Won & Only."

***

Walking out of Jay's office there was a skip in my step, happiness coursing through my body. Turning back now would be impossible as the news is probably all over social media by now.

Once I felt the safety of my confined walls around me in my own studio, I went straight to my phone.... Jay was right, releasing my Instagram meant an indefinite number of followers off the bat. Along with that were kind comments, ones of support and glee.

'Good! Hoody's got another girl :)'

'Fighting Sami Lee! So excited to see what you'll be doing under aomg!'

'Oml you have so much respect in Cali with you're work you're so lit.'

'Ahhh you're visual goals..'

It made me feel good inside seeing that people knew about my past works, how much effort I put into what I do. It was even more of a relief knowing I was pretty enough, talented enough, and so far no one seemed too against me. A weight was finally lifted off my shoulders, all my fears starting to drift away.

DISPATCH
"AOMG's CEO Jay Park has been hinting at a new addition to his label for quite some time now, and today the wait is over. Welcome Sami Lee, a former member of California's renown underground hiphop scene who's made quite a name for herself there. Jay Park has also released to us that she'll be featured on one of Simon Dominic's upcoming singles, which within itself is also news."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.2K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
613K 37.3K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
859K 40K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
603K 14.7K 34
Diana Featherington is the only child of the younger brother of the Baron Featherington. With the passing of both parents Diana has lived with the Ba...