Becoming The Shadows (Shadow...

By JustMe52

Fourth book to the Shadow series. "Here's the thing, when you wake up, you won't really remember any of this... More

01- Alive
02- Funeral
03- Mexico
04- Clubbing
05 - Captured
6 -
07 - Sociopath
08 - Focus
09 - Coffee
10 - Gas Station
11 - Bearer Bonds
12 - Tryouts
13 - Hidden
14 - Arrows
15 - Leather Jacket
16 - Lacrosse Stick
17 - Choking
18 - Hug
19 - Name
20 - CDC
22 - Timer
23 - Burned
24 - Move On
25 - Strong
26 - Allison
27 - Satomi's Pack
28 - Gone
29 - Carbonite
30 - Go
31 - Yellow Wolfsbane
32 - France
Embracing The Shadows

21 - 911

4.5K 260 20
By JustMe52

Being Clara Argent means putting my feelings and emotions to the side in order to protect my friends. Being an Argent means knowing how to look past your own problems to keep doing the right thing. My dad taught me how to push my emotions to the side to keep a level head about things. Right now, that was exactly what I was doing. 

This week has been a crazy mess so far and it's not even over yet. An assassin infected students that were taking the PSATs on Saturday. That same day, Lydia and I told Derek that I was still alive and he refused to believe that was even possible. That was the fourth hardest heartbreak I have ever experienced; my mom dying, Allison dying, me dying, and then this. 

I jog up the steps to Scott's house. Stiles told me about this ridiculous plan to find out who the Benefactor is tonight and the whole thing sounded like a horrible idea. I readjust the bow looped around my back as I step through the doorway, entering the dining room in the middle of their conversation.

"-Is three enough?" Kira ask while turning her head to see me walking towards the table. 

I stand on the one side beside Liam. I nod at them in a small greeting. The three laptops lay on top of the table in front of everyone except for Scott. This idea will probably end badly, but when have we ever had a decent plan? I'm just glad that everyone knows who I am and I don't have to completely pretend that I'm Claire around them. 

"Depends on how many cameras they have, but I think so." Stiles says while leaning against the table. 

"Are we really doing this?" Kira grimaces at the thought of all of it.

What we plan on doing is insane? No, it's past insane. We're all stupid for going through with it. 

Scott's voice is laced with determination, "We're doing it. Tonight."

Liam shifts on his feet beside me. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

I snort with laughter out of my nose. "Oh, it's incredibly dangerous and idiotic-"

"I think it's borderline idiotic." Stiles squints one as he shrugs the other half of his body.

Liam peers between the two of us. "Have you guys dome something like this before?" 

All of us cock an eyebrow at the question. Poor Liam has no idea the kinds of things that we've gotten ourselves into. The four of us exchange knowing looks.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" Stiles tries to clarify. 

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira cuts in. 

I can't help but smirk. Ever since I met the guys when we moved here, we've gotten into nothing but trouble. If Mr. Stilinski wasn't the sheriff, we would probably already be sitting in jail. 

Scott's facial expression softens, "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to." He tells his beta. 

"I'm not scared." Liam retorts.

Stiles smirks and places a hand on Liam's shoulder. "Then you're borderline idiotic." He winks at the young freshman. Stiles' body turns to Scott. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" 

I reach over my shoulder to tap my bow. "Good thing you have me then." 

Stiles tilts his head to the side for a second in agreement. They know what I'm capable of with my bow and arrows. I came fully prepared for tonight. My bow wasn't the only weapon I was carrying on me. Two Chinese ring daggers each were stuffed on either side of my leather jacket- Allison's jacket to be exact. There was a smoke grenade in my pocket and- if it really came down to it- there was a gun hidden in the back of my skinny jeans. Guns weren't my type of thing, but my dad didn't like the idea of me doing this without one. 

"How do we even know something's definitely coming?" Kira questions with wide eyes.

"Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required." 

Right, the same bag that we took from Garrett's locker that had half a million dollars inside of it. The same bag that is currently stuffed underneath Scott's bed upstairs. 

"Simon said the same thing." Stiles adds, mentioning the name of the assassin that infected them at the school. Thankfully, Agent McCall killed him before he could kill Stiles in cold blood. "He couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

"So, the idea is, what if you kill someone on the deadpool, but you can't send the proof?" 

"You don't get paid." Kira answers Scott.

Liam exhales out of his mouth, "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?"

"He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Scott looks down at the table. This is such a horrible idea. 

I watch Scott from across the table. "Especially if it's someone high on the list." I press my lips together in a thin line. If I could switch places with Scott, I would do it in a heartbeat, but he was worth more than I am. 

Liam nods along understanding the whole plan. "So, if he wants visual confirmation..."

"He's going to have to come get it himself." Scott raises his head, determinedly. 

The doorbell goes off. 

"My mom's here." Kira's eyes widen. "Oh, god. This is really happening."

"Kira, go let her in." 

A few minutes later, all of us are standing around in Scott's bedroom stealing small glances at him laying on the bed. Mrs. Yukimura joined all of us and were waiting for the plan to fully begin. Stiles was the only one not here anymore. He already headed to the hospital to set up the laptops. 

Liam and I pace around Scott's bedroom, neither of us liking this whole idea. Liam was much more freaked out then I was, but we couldn't stop fidgeting around. Too much was on the line if this didn't work. 

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam breaks the silence in the room.

Kira stands on the left side of the bed, her fingers threading together and then unraveling. She peers down at Scott. "I think Liam's kind of nervous. Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right." 

Scott smirks from where he is laying down. He reaches out for Kira's hand, understanding that she was mainly asking for reassure for herself. "It's going to be all right."

"So," Liam continues to pace the floor. "You've done this before, right?"

"I've seen it done." Mrs. Yukimura calmly states. 

I reach out to stop Liam from pacing anymore. His pacing was only making me worry even more. 

"Is- Is that just as good?" Liam stutters over his words.

"No." 

"Oh, great." I sarcastically mumble under my breath. She's never actually done it before herself. This is all starting off wonderfully.

Kira scowls across the bed at her mother. "Mom, you're not inspiring confidence."

"Good." Mrs. Yukimura deadpans. "This is a terrible idea."

"Do you want us to do it without you?"

Mrs. Yukimura gapes at her daughter before giving in. She holds her hand out over Scott's chest. "Put your hand over his heart."

Kira slowly kneels down on the bed with her hand moving towards Scott's chest. Before she can place it down, Scott's hands come flying up to grab her own hand. 

"Hold on." Scott pants heavily. He pushes himself up on his elbows to get a better view of Kira's mom. "What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?"

Mrs. Yukimura slightly nods her head, "It might feel like you're dreaming."

"Good dreams or bad?" I curiously ask her. 

She glimpses at me and then at Scott. "I suppose that depends on him." 

Scott breathes out of his mouth and leans back on the bed once more. Kira hesitantly moves her palm back to his chest, placing it down completely. Nothing happens for a brief second until sounds of electricity and sparks come from her hand and his chest. I jump back in surprise, latching my fingers around the closest thing near me which happened to be Liam's arm. 

Scott's back arches and he makes these dreaded noises that sounds like all of the air is being sucked out of his body. In an instant, his body collapses back on the bed, unconscious. Kira jerks her hand back, clutching it to her chest. 

I slide my phone out of my back pocket. "I'll call nine one one." 

XXXX

I am on a roll for updating this story and I'm definitely not done. I'm probably going to update again today- today being Saturday. 

These chapters are going to be pretty intense. There's your warning. 

In the last chapter, there were a few of you asking if this is a Stiles fanfic. The answer is no. Clara and Stiles are just really close friends. There will not be a relationship between them. 

Question: What do you think will happen in the next chapter?

So, yeah!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

845K 16.7K 75
Hello, my name is Thaliana Mikaelson. In 1864 I fell in love with Damon Salvatore. We completed eachother, and were to be married. Even my brother N...
43.3K 1K 16
Princess Katerina of Telmar is the youngest twin and second in line to the throne. When she is dragged out of bed in the middle of the night. She has...
127K 3.7K 99
Veronica Stilinski lives with her older brother Stiles and her Dad, the Sheriff, in Beacon Hills. She is starting her first year of High School and i...
1M 40K 93
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...