19 - Name

Parrish gives me an odd look as he crosses the station to appear in front of the three of us. I thread my fingers together in front of me. He takes one look at Stiles next to me. "Your dad should be back within the hour. You want to wait in his office?" 

I take a small step towards towards Parrish with the list in my back pocket. "Um," I nervously swallow the lump in my throat. Stiles and Lydia said we needed to tell him about the deadpool and there was no way that was going to happen unless I was with them. Aside from Sheriff Stilinski, Parrish trusted me the most. "We want to talk to you."

He must have heard the concern in my voice because the smile wipes off of his face. 

"Privately." Lydia adds. 

Parrish's eyes sweep back over to me with his eyebrows raised. I press my lips together and reach out to grab his wrist in my hand. I nod my head towards the Sheriff's office, dragging Parrish inside with my friends right behind us. Stiles shuts the door behind us. I fish for the list in my back pocket careful to not unfold it all the way. 

"Here." I hand it over to Parrish as he leans back against the desk. 

His eyes read over the list with his eyebrows still raised. "This is a hit list?"

"We call it a deadpool." Stiles slyly glances in my direction. I told him that we had to tell Parrish calmly to not freak him out. Finding out that you're on a deadpool list of supernatural creatures is going to be a lot to take in. "Recognize any of the names?"

Parrish nods once, "Yeah, the Sheriff had me run a bunch of these through the system last night, but we couldn't find any of them." 

Stiles waves his finger in the air at me. "Show him the other thing."

I grab the list in my hands and unfold the bottom of the paper to reveal his name. I lean against the desk right beside him, anxious to know how he will take this news. Parrish has never revealed anything that would hint that he was a supernatural creature, which only made me wonder more about what he could possible be to land him on this list.

"Okay," Parrish stands up straight and walks to the side of the desk. "That's kind of terrifying. What's the number?"

I grimace, "That's how much your worth."

Parrish twists around to gawk at me. "I'm worth five dollars?"

I bite down on my lip to keep a soft chuckle from escaping. He sounds so disappointed to hear that he'd only be worth five dollars. 

Stiles holds up five fingers. "Five million."

"I only make forty thousand a year." Parrish peers down at the deadpool. "Maybe I should kill myself. I don't get it. Why- Why am I on this?"

"Honestly, that might be a question for another day." Stiles tells him. 

"Wait-" Parrish reads the names over again, brow furrowing in confusion. "There's a name on here that doesn't make sense." 

I suck in a deep breath, already knowing which name he is referring to. My name.

Parrish snaps his head up to peer at me. "Why is Clara Argent's name on here beside yours?" His voice is thick with confusion. "She's dead."

I push away from the desk, tears beginning to gather in my eyes. "About that..."

Stiles must have noticed that I didn't know how to tell him, so he steps towards Parrish. "That's a conversation for another time, preferably when Scott is around so we can tell you more about the deadpool." He pauses to glance at me. "Right now, there's still another third of the list we gotta crack."