The Football Player's Roommate

By StoriesAtSunrise

| COMPLETED | Highest Ranks: #1 in Teen Fiction (06/11/17) & #1 General Fiction (07/22/17) | When Amaya rece... More

Quick Author's Note.
Prologue.
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8..
9.
10.
11.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.
52. (Part 1)
52. (Part 2)
53.
54.
55.
56.
Epilogue.
The Father.
The Wedding.
Author's Note.
Covers, Edits, & Banners.
More Covers, Banners, & Edits.
Behind The Scenes.

12.

402K 13.3K 3.9K
By StoriesAtSunrise

Before the second Harry Potter movie started I rushed into the kitchen and got my leftover cheesy popcorn and recovered my hidden stash of gummy worms. A movie marathon was never complete without those two things.

When I came back into the living room Theo's eyes were glued to the tv. He seemed so invested in it which was weird considering it was just a laundry soap commercial. There was something wrong.

"Got the popcorn!" I announced to try and get his attention off whatever he was so invested in.

He didn't say anything but just went to petting the dog like his life depended on it. Not that the pup had anything against it. The adorable little creature only scooted closer to him and cuddled up next to his leg.

As he was petting the dog his eyes drifted back to the tv and stayed there for a long time until I intervened.

I snatched the remote off the table and paused the movie gaining complaints from Theo.

"Hey! I was watching that!" He grumbled.

"As much as I love Harry Potter there's something more important we need to discuss." I crossed my arms to seem more intimidating but I doubt it changed anything.

"And what's that?" He asked as he scooted closer to the edge of the couch before letting his legs drop on the floor. Almost naturally his elbows went onto his knee caps and he held his head while he looked at me annoyed.

"Well...as much as I hate to admit not knowing things, I know nothing about you. And to be perfectly honest it's weird living with someone you don't know." I admitted kind of shyly.

I watched as Theo audibly sighed and stretched out on the couch. "I know it's weird. I was just hoping you wouldn't notice too."

"Why's that?" I asked out of curiosity.

"I don't really like sharing information about me with people I don't know myself." He smirked slyly as he watched me.

I rolled my eyes. "So I'm guessing I'm going to have to be the more adult one here and start off?"

He simply nodded and crossed his hands across his abdomen as if he was already waiting.

"Ugh fine. It's gonna be a question for a question kind of deal, so you can ask me after you answer. You better be ready for mine." I sent him a smirk of my own knowing the exact question I was going to ask.

"Shoot." He said before running a hand through his hair to fix it even though it looked perfectly but messily good prior.

"Favorite or lucky number?"

Gotta start with the light stuff in order to work your way up to the harder questions.

"Wow. Such a hard question!" He sarcastically said while rubbing his chin in deep thought.

"Today, Theodore." I sassily said back.

He scrunched up his eyes in an irritated kind of way which made me laugh before finally giving me an answer to the most difficult question in the world. "7. Now my turn."

"Fine. Go. Nothing perverted though." I glared at him knowing his tactics all too well.

"Oh come on. I had the perfect question though." He eyes shimmered playfully.

"No."

"Fine, grouchy gus," He exaggeratedly pouted for a minute before pondering for a new and more appropriate question. "Favorite food?"

"Fettuccine alfredo with shrimp and broccoli." I said without hesitation.

"I see you had to think long and hard about that one." He chuckled.

"Sorry, but you simply can't go wrong with pasta." I laughed along with him. "Alright. My turn again. Uh, cats or dogs?"

"Psh. Dogs any day." He said as he looked over to the cute pup and smiled at her.

"We're you popular in high school?" He randomly asked.

"That's a weird question." I looked over at him to see him staring back at me with a questioning lifted brow.

"Just answer the question."

"I don't know. I knew popular kids and they knew of me, but for a majority of my high school career I really just kept to myself, ya know?." I bit my lip at some of the memories of my high school days. Mainly just one point in time.

"How 'bout yourself? Were you the most popular?" I asked getting my mind off my past. I already knew the answer to this question though.

"Yes. I was popular," I knew he was going to say this. "It's not everything it's cracked up to be though."

He gave a sad smile to himself and I caught it. It's like the hard exterior of Theo was deteriorating before my eyes. His expression looked like he was having flashbacks in his mind.

He was finally showing me someone other than the constantly joking and somewhat brooding person that he is.

"What do you mean by that?"

He froze before snapping his head over to me as if to see if I seriously asked that question. He shook his head and cleared his throat. "Nothing."

"Come on, Theo. You can tell me." I gave a reassuring smile.

He sat up from his previous position before looking over to me before his voice went more serious. "And why should I? We barely know each other. I'm not just going to spill personal information to you like it's nothing."

"I never asked you to. Just wanted you to know you can tell me, and that you can trust me. I thought we were opening up to each other so we could get to know each other more." I admitted.

His facial expression softened only a little before it went back to its serious way, but I still noticed it. His hands were in his lap as he fiddled with his fingers like he was contemplating whether or not to tell me something.

"All I have to say is that some people who you put your trust in for the longest time let you down the most in the end. As for the rest of the story...maybe another time, Mya. As for now, I need sleep. Gotta wake up early."

He got up from the couch and started to walk towards his room. The adorable pup crawled off the sofa where Theo had once been sitting and curled up in my lap. I ran my hand over her soft fur over and over before the soft but noticeable sounds of footsteps made both of our ears perk up.

I looked up from the dog to see Theo standing before me with a simple smile.

"Oh, back so soon?" I grin back but am a little questionable.

He stepped a little closer so we were right across from one another. He sat on the coffee table right in front of me and gave me a cute boyish smile. "Just wanted to let you know that I'm thankful." He admits.

My eyebrows immediately furrowed in confusion. "For what?"

"For you caring enough to listen." He placed a hand on top of mine and I instantly froze. He looked me in the eyes. "It's been a long while since anyone has."

There was a sadness in clouded in his soft brown eyes which made me wonder what had ever happened to him to make him this way. And who had caused him to end up the way he was.

I brought my hand out from under his and actually held his hand in mine. I felt a spark, but knew it was probably nothing. "I'm always here if you need me, Theo."

I stood from the couch and placed my hands on both of Theo's shoulders before leaning down to his face. I don't know what was making me this bold...probably my lack of sleep.

Being tired always threw off my sane train of thought.

The look of shock was evident on his features and his eyes seemed to darken a shade as I did this. My smile appeared yet small before I leaned down and pressed my lips to Theo's cheek.

"Good night, Theo."

--------------------------------------------------------------

Finally! Here's the full version of chapter 12!! Sorry it took so long, but thanks for waiting :)

QOTC (Question of the chapter): Any predictions for the next chapter?
QOTC: What's your favorite food?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3M 109K 95
{18 + COMPLETE | FREE STORY w/ Paid Bonus Content • COLLEGE SPORTS ROMANCE} Wednesday Elez's father immigrated to America so he could be with her mot...
2.3M 41K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
235K 9.6K 61
They're on opposite ends of the financial spectrum. Complete contrasts when it comes to popularity. And their relationship has a deadline. Lily: Col...
1.7M 57.4K 64
Petite Theo Walcott struggles with rent and is forced to search for a roommate. But what poor little Theo didn't expect was bulky, rebellious, drop d...