Percy Jackson and The Council...

By Jash_Parikh

The war is over; Percy Jackson hopes to breathe a sigh of relief and have his happily ever after with Annabet... More

DISCLAIMER
1. The One With The Hero's Misery
2. The One With The offer
3. The One With A New Dawn
4. The One With The Time Lapse
5. The One With The New Companion
6. The One Where We Know The Main Villain
7. The One With Gifts
8. The One With The Mission
10. The One With The Showoff
11. The One With The Meeting
12. The One With The Traitor's Challenge
13. The One With The One Sided Fight
14. The One With The Spy
15. The One Where The Kid 'Grows'
16. The One With The New Prophecy
17. The One Where Phase 1 Begins
18. The One Where They Make A New Friend
19. The One With The Stupid Invincible Dragon
20. The One Where They Decipher The Prophecy
21. The One With The Plan
22. The One With The Mask Off
23. The One With The Resurrection
24. The One With The 'Wild' Arguement
25. The One With The Foe's Apparent Ally
26. The One With The Betrayal
27. The One Where The Commander Goes MIA
28. The One In Which War Begins
29. The One With The Suicidal Villain
30. The One With The Twists
31. The Last One
New PJO Fanfic Description

9. The One Where Stuff Begins To Happen

15.7K 351 110
By Jash_Parikh

9 - The One Where Stuff Begins to Happen

PERCY'S POV

"I have let the Gods know about your arrival and your... err... certain feeling about certain demigods. You leave in an hour, and just like you said my army's two GIs with their battalions will be accompanying you. The Council's Army will arrive later during the month whenever you call them, along with one more GI since you needed three." Lord Chaos told me.

"Thank you. Lord Chaos, sir. I know I don't have the right to request this, but I would like Skylar to accompany me if that's alright with you. She is a friendly face between hostiles and a supportive friend. I might need someone like her there to help me with-"

"-with your feelings. I understand. But Percy, Skylar is a member of the Council, I'm already sending you, so I need her here to help me out for now. But I promise she'll be there along with the Council's Army."

"Thank you very much, sir! Now with your permission, I'll leave for my mission."

"Good luck Percy, may the fates smile upon you"

I bowed formally to him and climbed aboard the ship that was to take me and the army to my ex-home. Now you'll ask why Lord Chaos didn't simply let us teleport there, but the army's strength is in thousands. It's very exhausting and time consuming for Lord Chaos to create such a huge portal. He has many other jobs, so we just climb aboard and travel galaxies. Another reason actually is our ship looks like one hell of a modern era killing machine. When you are going to land in an area of gods and powerful demigods as their aide you have to look a bit intimidating. It is made completely out of hellfire (yes, I made the parts, as practice, during basic training) and designed and engineered by the best of our blacksmiths. It has a huge hull and a massive main hall. There are various posters of different wars this ship has been through that decorate the walls. It is a huge war machine designed for heavy sieges and large-scale attacks.

You can imagine the size, it can travel in air, water, fire ( we activate the shield and the ship becomes fireproof) and has a capacity of 12000 members. There are more than 4000 rooms, and whether you will stay alone or with many is based on your rank. Commander and Sergeant get a room to themselves, the GI's share a room amongst two, while the low ranks like the cabin crew and new recruits who are on probation period have to stay up to a hundred in a room. Of course, the rooms are quite massive, so they don't complain.

Exactly 3 hours and 23 minutes later we had arrived in the earth's atmosphere. Looking out the window I saw the empire state building. Huh? I thought the Gods were informed?

"Sarge. Why the heck do I see Mt. Olympus out of the window instead of the camp?"

"Sir, we are to report to the Olympian Council where you are to attend their summer solstice meeting in order to be updated with the developments of the war. "

" Ohh.? Okay, I guess. I wasn't aware of that. So where will you all be if only I am to attend the meeting? "

"Waiting down for you, sir"

"I want you to come with me Elmont. And take Greg with us as well. You two are much higher in power and position than most of the Olympians on the Council anyway. "

"As you say, sir"

We left the ship airborne and got down using ropes. As we entered the building I verified all my soldiers, GI's and I were wearing their carbon plated face masks or not. They were an integral part of our uniform since they had the logo of Lord Chaos over it. I, of course, was wearing it for other obvious reasons. I approached the guard on duty, who was so engrossed in whatever book he was reading that he didn't observe an army of 2,825 soldiers cramped for space in his tiny lobby. It was night time... otherwise I can't even imagine what the mortals would have seen because of the mist.

Elmont banged his fist so hard on the guard's table that it broke into two.

"If you are done with your pleasure reading, handover the gate pass for the six hundredth floor Romero," Elmont said in a commanding heavy voice.

The guard's expression was irritation and confusion at the recognition of his name, then fear at the size of Elmont, and he almost fainted seeing the army's size.

"Wh... who are... are you..? H.. how do y. ..you k... know my n... name? " He managed to stutter out.

"Who am I? You should know your own boss Romero," He smirked

"B... boss? but... but that's impossible! Lord Zeus personally assigned me this position! "

"And what makes you think I'm not his senior?"

El was right. The GIs of the army are equal in strength and superior in power to the high rulers of their respective planets. Yes, Elmont is that powerful. He could simply order the crown on Zeus' head to reappear on Poseidon's, and Poseidon would be king then. And yes I'm still much higher in power and position than him.

" What! You are drunk! Lord Zeus is the King of Olympus! If I report this to him he'll have you executed for treason against the gods you madman!"

If I let these two continue soon there would be a pool of blood and  dead guard, but at the same time, I decided that for such an egoistic jerk a punch wouldn't hurt that much. So I punched him... a bit harder maybe... because he collapsed with a bleeding nose.

I let him be, rummaged the drawer to get the pass and proceeded towards Mt. Olympus with my 2 GI's each on either side of me. The elevator still played crap music, but I couldn't care less about the music at this point. Just needed to control my nerves.

When I entered Olympus I observed it hadn't changed much. No, scratch that. It hadn't changed at all. The grand size of the building now didn't seem so grand to me though. I have travelled all over the universe and seen many more awesome things than this building. When the three of us entered the throne room the talking and whispering collapsed. Lord Zeus and the rest of the Olympians were seated in a U shape, like a roundtable conference. Lord Zeus was at the head's position with Hades and Poseidon on his either side. We were in a V formation, me at the centre and my 2 GIs on either side of me.

"Lord Zeus" Elmont stated formally.

"Lord Elmont. Welcome. I presume these warriors are from your army?" Zeus stated equally formally.

Lord? What exactly did Chaos tell then about us? I chuckled mentally.

"Lord Zeus, it's Sargent Elmont if you don't mind, as to your question, yes and no. "

"Yes and no? "

Elmont pointed towards my other GI companion and said: "This is Gregor, and he's a Galaxy In charge of the zulis galaxy."

Upon hearing this all the big three stood up and bowed down to him. "Lord Gregor," they said in unison. What? since when did the Olympians become so damn respectful? This is definitely some words from Chaos taking serious effect on this Council. I smirked at that thought, but the mask I wore covered my entire face so no one could see my expressions or anything on my face except my eyes.

After the bowing and exchange of respect were over, Elmont pointed to me and said "This is our Commander Stormbringer, but of course that is a code name. It isn't safe to reveal his real name...yet"

That was hardly my full title, but the rest would be announced only when the Council's army and Skylar arrived.

Cue exchange of bows and all those formalities. After they were done a brief discussion of the current knowledge regarding the war that each god and us three possessed was exchanged. Meanwhile, I was talking the time to observe the Gods, especially one certain sea God. The Gods hadn't changed at all. Dad. He was wearing more formal clothes but he looked just like the last time I had seen him. Sea-green eyes and a kind face, always motivating. It was an emotional site for me, but I held back my tears. I couldn't spoil my mission or endanger anyone here. I have a lot of enemies, both as Percy Jackson son of Poseidon and Commander Stormbringer right hand to the Creator. I don't know what I'll do when I see those old campers again. I don't know much, but Elmont had informed me the moment it happened - them becoming immortal, especially her...

Of course, my identity and everything associated with it was never revealed during the meeting, but I know that moment will be soon. Post the meeting we were supposed to simply teleport to camp half-blood, obviously the Gods helping the soldiers to travel while we reached there and set things up. The Greeks and the Romans all were to be present along with some immortal campers and Artemis' hunters. The Roman camp was left barely protected, so I decided to send Gregor along with a third of the army there. In case of a sudden attack, I could create a portal for a few hundred soldiers to provide aide there. The rest of the army, along with me and Elmont would stay at half-blood and train the campers. But then I insisted we will use our ship so all of us that is us three and the whole army can reach together. I told the Olympians they were free to choose their mode of transportation. They could come with us or simply teleport there.

"They are just a punny army! You are the boss punk! whyd'ya need to travel with the army for, eh? " Ares argued

I didn't like that tone.

"I am commander so long as I have an army, and I have an army so long as they are ready to die for me. When people are ready to die for you, Ares, you do not say they are just somebody. I treat my army like family. Remember I'm not an Olympian god who forgets their children during a fight and makes them sacrifice for me or thank me. And this is a full and final warning to you all, which I request be kindly passed on to everyone allying with us as well as your children - My army is like my family, Lord Chaos is like my father, the Primordial Council is my passion and it's members, my extended family. You will not have heard of anyone having insulted any of these. Nowadays it is because they are smart, in the beginning, because they didn't live to tell the tale." I said very sharply.

The Gods looked very scared by my serious and threatening tone. Ares was literally shaking with fright. Poseidon looked pretty nervous.

"I apologize on behalf of my nephew, he can be a little... er...-" Poseidon started, but I cut him off. Not because I was angry, but because hearing his voice was too much for me.

"- don't bother, Lord Poseidon. It's not my habit to punish without warnings. Now that I have given one though, you might wanna be more careful. Let's go."

"Thank you, Commander," Poseidon said.

I hurriedly walked out of the throne room, used the lift and quickly climbed aboard the ship. Gregor came with me, Elmont came a bit later.

"They wish to travel with us Commander," Elmont said.

"Okay. Call the guys and get the Olympians onboard."

"Alright."

I wouldn't have much time to rest, it was a short journey, so instead, I just sat in my room polishing my squad, eagerly waiting to see my old home, my old friends and my teacher. Just thinking about them made me smile, fond memories flooding my brain. However the complete flashback also made me remember my last days at camp, my abandonment, the reason I joined this army. But I don't regret anything, fighting for them, laughing with them, being with her...

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I jumped a foot in the air when I heard a knock on the door.

"Sir, we have arrived. Time to get down." Gregor's voice rang in my ears.

"Be there in 2 Greg... "

I shook off those thoughts and concentrated on my mission. I was the last one to get down from the ship, and I saw all the campers - about 400 in all, Greeks and Romans were present outside the border, with the cabin leaders standing in front. I did not recognize the ones at the back, but the front lines, those faces, I could never forget. The immortal cabin counsellors. Apparently, the Gods had Iris messaged the camp about our arrival. Zeus had just finished introducing my GI's and was about to introduce me when I said

"I am Commander Stormbringer, the Commander of this army, peacekeeper of the universe, punisher of evil and a friend of the good. I have the utmost respect for every living soul, but if you are found to be with the wrong side of justice you'll be facing the sharp end of my blade, and I won't even give you time to blink before your head rolls to the ground, separated from your body." In one swift move, I removed my sword and held it pointing to the campers as a warning.

Most of them stared with fear and awe, the remaining ones - the immortal cabin counsellors - were looking wary. This is gonna be a lot more interesting than I thought.

(A/N: PLEASE REVIEW, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM IS APPRECIATED.)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 124 15
WORD COUNT: 26,345 (Chapter 1-9) ✨️NO SMUT✨️ -------------------------------------------------- This isn't your normal "Chaos Army" story. Oh, no, no...
58.2K 2.5K 38
ON HIATUS (26/03/2024: I will be back as soon as possible, but uni is keeping me very busy, so I can't say when, sorry) SEQUEL TO THE PATH OF GLORY "...
44.8K 1.7K 32
FEATURED ON @FANFIC "Life is only precious because we die." A demigod, an ex-goddess and a well kept secret. What could possibly go wrong? After the...
3K 267 39
Olivia Anworth liked to know everything. She knows nothing about Percy Jackson. Percy Jackson seemed to know nothing. He has no problem getting to kn...